Announcement Outplay 2021 Final Judgements - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > Outplay Arena > Outplay 2021
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 21st, 2021, 09:52 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28838
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Outplay 2021 Final Judgements

It was a photo finish race to the end, with our three immensely talented contestants crossing spells, proverbial swords, and stones with each other, competing against each other yet working together to defeat the evil Bishop Bartholomew, and rescue the Crossing Companions from captivity. In the end, we have to have one winner. The votes were close. Very close. So close in fact, that the judges tried to mount a mutiny and insist that all three be crowned champions. Their please and cause was valiant, but alas, in the end, one winner was chosen.

Huge congratulations to Wishkamon for pulling out a Win, and be crowned the Champion of Outplay 2021!

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 26th, 2021 at 06:32 PM.
Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 12:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43248
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
FeedbackAnd here we are, the grand finnale!

Let me start off by saying, excellent work keeping the posts short and to the point. They were also both a pleasure to read and easy to digest. It's almost like you've had weeks of feedback on how to make me happy to work with

Day One

Day Two

Day Three

Day Four

Day Five

ResultsThis was a tough call for me. One of the reasons I opted for daily feedback this round was to help codify my feelings more specifically, but I still had to stop and think a bit about what being "Best Player" means to me, means to the competition, as well as re-reading several posts before I could force myself to put everyone into order

And the winner is...

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 26th, 2021 at 06:17 PM. Reason: RPXP for Judge Appreciation encouraged
Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 02:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20385
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Results
I think the day to day notes I took are basically useless until the Wednesday posts. There was something to love about each of these equally. On the last two days, it came down to a dead heat (for me at least) between Magna and Aegaras. Each character was coming alive being true to themselves in the narrative in what felt like a comfortable style and flow. Not that I didn't enjoy Rocky but Magna and Aegaras was the feature story I became the most interested resolving so by Thursday so it came down to the last post for me to sort spots one and two. The last day didn't make it any easier for me as all three posts were particularly well-done. The bottom line became the closer... the hand full of coins (without much guilding of the Lilly from Aegaras interestingly enough) and the thorns in the nethers from Magna (that was so Magna). I'll be remembering that one for awhile and that tipped the scales enough for me to be able to make a call on the rankings.

Truly this was a job well done all through the competition, it is actually painful to have to rate and rank these characters and your efforts - you all should be very proud of the work you've done individually and together as a team. This was an outstanding Outplay year.

Thank you for having me along on this crazy ride!

- Savoy

Savoy's Rankings
  1. First:: Wishkamon-Magna 10.910.10.38
  2. Second:: HenryLockwood-Aegaras 9.9.10.8 .36
  3. Thrid:: ekidnu-Rocky 8.9.10.7.34
Enjoyable.Clarity-Tech.Grammar.Moved narrative/true to character.Score

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 26th, 2021 at 06:17 PM. Reason: RPXP for Judge Appreciation encouraged
Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 11:10 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23136
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Feedback
General feedback:
The exceptionally high-quality writing all across the board in this final round reflects the skills of those who survived the gauntlet of Outplay 2021! I was blown away by some of the individual posts throughout the round and the level of collaboration and team work that has been on display since day one of this competition is absolutely phenomenal. If we ever need an example of how players can come together, work towards a common goal and have a blast along the way, I need look no further than this competition. Brilliant work to every player who contributed, to the ineffable GMs who directed traffic expertly through each round and my fellow judges for their tireless work over the last few months. What a whirlwind!
Day One

Day Two

Day Three

Day Four

Day Five

Results
And the winner is...

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Update 20/08 - Online fatigue starting to hit. Poke me if I am being really slow!

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 26th, 2021 at 06:16 PM. Reason: RPXP for Judge Appreciation encouraged
Old Aug 23rd, 2021, 02:04 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9499
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Results
Congratulations to you all!

Last edited by Bhelogan; Aug 26th, 2021 at 06:16 PM. Reason: RPXP for Judge Appreciation encouraged
Old Aug 24th, 2021, 10:33 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27083
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
The FinaleWhat an honor and a privilege this was to serve as a judge. To watch so many pour their all into weaving a story that had me on the edge of my seat. I especially adored in every round of this competition, the players collaborated and worked together to bolster one another so the very best stories could be had. Truly the spirit of teamwork was on full display for this competition!

Bravo to each and every one of you in this round and before!

Sadly, we can only have but one winner. Thus without further blathering here is my part of the final judgement:

Old Aug 25th, 2021, 06:20 PM
Fork! Knife! Spoon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24910
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Feedback
General feedback:
I just have to say: Well Done to the three of you for not only surviving this far into Outplay but for giving us some truly stellar and enjoyable characters. While this has been at times a long slog as a judge wading through A LOT of posts (especially in earlier rounds), I have always enjoyed each of your characters. No matter how the final rankings fall out, all three of you are winners in my book for all that you have done in this year's Outplay competition.

It has been an honor to be a judge this year and to have the privilege to read and enjoy the many well written and creative offerings that players made in every round. Thank you to Bhelogan for asking me to be a judge this year and to all of the players who participated in the competition. Whether you only made it to Round 1 or all the way to the end here, it has been a pleasure to game a bit with all of you. It has been a blast.

Day One

Day Two

Day Three

Day Four

Day Five

Results
And the winner is...

+