RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 14th, 2021, 12:59 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6940
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attitude View Post
Or to his face...
To his credit, calling him a bastard to his face will only earn you a "... Yeah? And?"
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 03:36 PM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17796
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
Deuce
right-aligned image

Code Name: Deuce

Archetype (if applicable): Face

Physical Description: Like she just walked out of the c-suite. Nothing so predictable as a ‘chief of’, more like the ludicrously paid lawyer that was going to dig their sweet behind out of whatever trouble they’d landed themselves in. Her stature and slimness talk of a near-pathological self-control and her self-confidence makes her noticed in any room. She has an imposing presence, standing as tall as the six footers found at the top of the corporate ladder and she doesn’t shy from anyone’s eyes.

Personality: You want her on your side. As friend or valued employer, she’s wit and charm, she’ll make you feel loved and respected – its nearly genuine. But Juliet’s true client is always Juliet. While charm is her first point of call, there is plenty more in her armoury – notice the iron? that’s what’s going to get you. Ultimately she’ll not leave any trick in the bag to win her way. As I said, you want her on your side.

Background:

Promising London Lawyer
Juliet was born in London to an ambitious middling family. Expensive schooling gave her the right training and helpful contacts - contacts that led to employment in the family office of Beaumont family. The Beaumonts could trace their wealth back to land granted by William the Conqueror; it was wealth that had been husbanded and invested over centuries. So, when the Corporations took the role of nations, the Beaumonts slipped happily into the shadows, holding stakes buried behind corporate vehicles, tax havens and downright lies. Their deals were big – and having a hand in them made you wealthy.

Never Enough
The problem is, there is always more wealthy. Juliet had a taste and she wanted more. She became a weak link – the kind that the Carnetti Family were adept at finding and turning. Starting small – some information here, taking a position there, the Carnettis profited from the insider Juliet. But again, the problem is there is always more wealthy – the Carnettis were happy to up the ante and milk their
asset - first a quick hack, then leaving the doors wider open - of course she’d be caught in the end … they always were.

New York!
Juliet was no fool. She’d taken a lover in the Carnettis – high up. His loyalty to her was such that when the moment came, she was gone. Beaumont's security just found an empty apartment, noodles boiling dry on the hob. Juliet was whisked across the world. Another City, another community of finance types. She had to lay-low. Disappear.

But all that beautiful stuff … the life … she could not leave it behind. She’d take the risk. She’d freelance. Cutting her hair, dying it black, shedding her trademarked dresses, Juliet became Deuce – a woman of two faces.

The back-end of nowhere
But the heat followed. Deuce had built a nice business – a reputation with runners for opening the metaphorical doors, for cracking the job before the tyres hit the road. But it’s a small world. A home in London meant home in New York and so finding herself standing in the elevator avoiding the eyes of the Beaumont
General Counsel was the end of that life too.

She barely made it out of the building and had to burn her local contacts just to get out of the city. Where to? Nowhere, that’s where. The kind of nowhere [FAMILY] would not be seen dead. But for god’s sake make it a nowhere where there is some business to be had. Indianapolis? Why not … it’d be a start.

Experience: Pretty much complete novice! Learning the rules and the setting as I go, but loving every minute of it. (I am two posts in to a 6e game with Arialles – so that’s helping me find the Shadowrun rhythm too.)

Other: I kind of know Juliet. She’s a character in a novel I’m working on (yes, yes, me too!) Its not in a Shadowrun setting, but the minute I researched this place, I knew that Juliet would fit right in. So I thought it would be fun to have a go.

Last edited by Jon; Sep 15th, 2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 04:00 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21384
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Application
right-aligned image
Code Name: "Nerd", "Old Nerd", "Mr. Moneybags", "Mr. Badass" said sarcastically, "Drekking Nerd", etc
Metatype: Human

Archetype: Accountant

Physical Description: Let's be honest, he looks like he doesn't belong anywhere near a Shadowrunner. Middle aged and soft, he's about as intimidating as a discount Stuffer-Shack Burrito and knows it. At a glance the most interesting thing about him is his cyberware eyes, where he clearly went for job performance and not any sort of flash. A bit pale and he seems to currently mostly surviving out of pity.

Personality: Mr. Klepper is a professional and is actually very good at what he does and knows it. Its just that what he does doesn't belong in the shadows. Mr. Klepper, despite is possibly ironic name, is an Accountant. Actually, he's a really good Accountant, but he's not in the shadows by choice and doesn't really hide that. He's not any sort of badass really except on the spreadsheets, Mr. Moneybags is just trying to survive.

Which is a bit of a shame because he's actually an Excellent Accountant and while at a glance he seems like dead weight to a group he actually has some skills that are shockingly handy in the Shadows. He can do a group's money management and investments for starters. He can also do all sorts of financial moves of questionable legality if he puts his mind too it like money laundering and setting up tax shelters. Most dramatically though is that he's a top-notch Forensic Accountant; show the average runner financial files and they just go crosseyes but Mr. Klepper can read them and dissect like a Detective reads Clues.

In fact that's why he's in the Shadows now. Because he can quickly tell the difference between boring weekly financial reports, cooked books covering up dirty business, and Blackmail material no matter what you try to do to hide it in the numbers. If Mr. Klepper had been a little quicker to actually act on what he had he might have been living on a private island right now instead of the shadows.

Background: Who the drek cares? He's a middle-aged life-long wageslave who was happily marching the megacorp path to his grave in the hopes of getting a retirement package somewhere along the line. Neat, tidy, orderly. Birth, Work, Death. It wasn't much but it would have been his.

When something that was actually remotely interesting happened to him was a very short time ago. Thomas Klepper might be just a Wageslave Accountant, but he at least had the decency to become a very good one. It wasn't long before his immediate supervisor started using him as his personal accountant as well, them and a few others. Overtime he learned how to be a Wily Accountant, able to do a few things that were only questionably legal but good for his client.

That however became his problem. Mr. Klepper had become such a great accountant that one day his supervisor realized that if Mr. Klepper really put his mind too it he could Blackmail them and several others into a very comfortable retirement. So much so that just hiring a hitman would be safer and cheaper despite what Mr. Klepper might say on the matter.

The irony being that Mr. Moneybags actually had no intentions of going through with the blackmail plan. He didn't even realize he was sitting on a mountain of blackmail material until much, much later. He's only still alive because a bunch of 'Runners took him hostage on a raid on his corp of employment when he realized his supervisor had paid someone to kill him. He managed to prove to the 'runners that he was worth more to them alive and left with them willingly, if only because the other option was death.

Now a newb in the Shadows, he might learn what he needs to survive. Maybe.

Experience: Feel like I'm a bit out of practice, but have experience.

Other: Given the history of this kind of SR character on this site, let me start by saying there is no bomb in this guy's head and he is with the runners semi-willingly. As in he doesn't like being in the Shadows but acknowledges that his only real alternative is a double-tap in the back of the head.

The idea is that this guy is a total newb that *at a glance* appears to be complete deadweight to a running crew but over time its discovered and realized that he has some skills that are actually extremely handy for a running crew. He's somewhat competent with corporate computer systems, an excellent Forensic Accountant, and has a knack for finding Blackmail material on Corporates for example.

Recognizing that this is a bit of a risk, I want to give the other players the option to reject this idea as well. I also love the idea that he starts the game still a wageslave and its the player 'runners themselves that are the hostage takers mentioned in his background. Again though, I concede this is a bit of a risk and the other players also have the power to reject that idea.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; Sep 14th, 2021 at 04:11 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 04:22 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17609
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Character Application
right-aligned image
  • Real Name: Going to use the Prototype Transhuman quality from Chrome Flesh and Made (Wo)Man from Run Faster to explain how she managed to finance the bar.M59I-K732-A6
  • Code Name: MIKA
  • Metatype: Human (Female)
  • Archetype: Face/Street Samurai

• Physical Description:
    Looking at her from behind, the first thing you would notice about Mika is her black cattail swaying back and forth. If you were to mention the tail to her, the next aspect you would see is Mika's cat eyes as the woman gave you a glare. The rest of her looks like the classical Chinese phenotype with the added exception that she moved with a grace only a cat or enhancement people can manage. Now people might wonder why someone would go through all the trouble to have a cat tail implanted only to snipe at the first person who mentions it, and there is a reason. Unlike most people, Mika was born with most of her Bioware. From the eyes, tail, and claws to the enhanced hearing, agility, and cat pheromones, they have all been a part of Mika since she first stepped out of the vat.

• Personality:
    When you've been grown in a lab and only conscious of your existence for the past ten years, that tends to screw with one's perceptions. The melding of Panther DNA with human DNA has left Mika with instincts not wholly human, which sometimes comes out in her actions. To curb these instincts, Mika has spent quite a lot of time studying the proper behaviors of metahumans and how best to interact and even manipulate them. Though if she is honest, Mika is still learning that last one. When someone feels in their bones that they are something other, something different, it's hard to empathize with the rest of metahumanity. Fortunately, her DNA test confirmed that she was 60% human, so Mika makes an effort not to alienate herself from the rest of metahumanity. Mika rarely smiles as baring her teeth has her instinctively wanting to hiss or growl in warning. Sometimes, it's easier not to smile than fight instinct.

Another quirk of Mika's is that she considers all felines as people and treats them accordingly. When a cat walked in and hopped onto the bar, she gave it a bowl of milk and talked to him as if the cat was a person. When a cybered-up freak named Jak batted that cat off the bar for kicks, Mika immediately emptied an entire clip from her submachine gun into the prick. The fact that Jak was more stunned by her actions than injured by the bullets had them staining at each other, and the bar went dead quiet. For some reason, violence did not follow that silence, and instead, Jak left to come back another day. Mika was relieved that her bar was not about to get trashed before she went to tend to the injured cat. On the flip side, Mika and dogs do not get along! In fact, any mutts in her territory tend to end up on the menu. Metahumans that look like canines get her undivided attention while they are in her presence. Due to her living on the street and her feline instincts, and being a made person, Mika has few morals when it comes to protecting what's hers. She will not hesitate to kill someone that threatens her property or friends.

• Background Summary:
    Due to an errent keystroke made by the decker of a group of Shadowruners, specimen M59I-K732-A6 was released into their midst. Luckily specimen M59I-K732-A6 was a catgirl and not some monster that wanted to eat them. Taking the cute girl that looked kind of Chinese with them they had to lay low after blowing up the Biotechnica lab that she was found in. After some time specimen M59I-K732-A6 overheard that her saviors were about to sell her and so she left. A few years wandering had M59I-K732-A6 who now went by the name of MIKA finding a stash of smuggled Yakuza equipment in a secret flooded basement during a heavy rainstorm, Mika tried selling them, unfortunately, to a Yakuza backed pawnshop. Luckily, Mika kept her head, both literally and figuratively, as she offered the Oyabun a deal. He accepted and she soon had her own tiny bar with a Yakuza safe house in the back.
    Something NOT in the background is that between working for the Yakuza and managing a business without the knowledge to do so, Mika's Den has been struggling to make a profit. So Mika has hired a new bartender to be on call so she can make some nuyen running the shadows.

left-aligned image
    Mika's Den
    Mika's Den

During the day, the entrance into Mika's Den is behind a storage unit garage door that looks like every other secured storage unit on the lot. The garage door opens up during the night, showing a dimly lit stairway leading down into the dark bar. Dim AROs advertise Mika's Den above the door, and to each side are translations in eight languages of her den's name. When she first searched the matrix, Mika found out that the name Mika had the blame google if this is wrong. I was actually surprised by a random grouping of letters that I had chosen for my character came up with this result same meanings of 'beautiful fragrance' in Hungarian, Japanese, and Russian. Finding that the exact spelling also meant 'rabbit' in the Sioux language had Mika frowning and finding other variations of her assumed name in Finnish, Hebrew, and Polish had Mika decide to add them to her ARO sign as well. Not wanting to offend any other gangs by leaving out their language on her bar Mika adding Chinese and Sperethiel to the list. Aching to the left of Mika's Den was HungarianMika Barlangja, Japaneseミカの巣窟, RussianЛогово Микаэля, and FinnishDen Miikki. Arching to the right was, Hebrewהמאורה של מיקאל, Chinese猫窝, PolishDen Mikaela, and Sperethiel. I used French for the language <shrug>La tanière de Mika. And under these arching translations and on either side of the door are AROs of two naked dancing with fur and big anime-style eyescatgirls. Yes, even a vat-grown catgirl like Mika knows that sex sells.

However, once you get inside Mika's Den, there is a distinct lack of naked dancing girls and the only cat tropes in the place are Mika and two adult cats. There is a large black cat, and her name is Bast. And a medium-sized white cat and his name is Kali. They both fight all the time, but anyone who hurts either of them deals with an angry Mika. While the place still has a faint moldy smell about it, the smell of alcohol and unwashed bodies tend to cover that up. The Matrix reception out here is crap, and the space is tight, but the acoustics are excellent. Any music playing over that of a conversationsixty decibels makes it hard to hear, and Mika keeps the music loud. Due to Mika's sensitivity to specific frequencies, some music is banned in her bar. The place is about as clean as the bartenders and Mika, with her busy life as a shadowrunner and being a secret Yakuza gang member can make it.

• Experience: 5th & 6th edition only. I've played four characters in Shadowrun, a Her name was Rain, an elf, and the game didn't last long after I joined.Street Sam sniper, a An Orc with a shotgun. For some reason, I can't remember his name. The game also puttered out and died.Street Shaman, another FUBAR was this Dwarf's name. I still feel bad about leaving Arialles' Stormy Waters game, but I had RL issues I had to deal with at the time.Street Sam(guess I just like that type of character), and a a Chinese slum rat from Hong Kong named Dünn. DM had to end the game for personal reasons.Technomancer. I also DMed a game called An Untimely Encounter for two years before having to end it at the beginning of this year. Given all that experience, I still have to dive into the books and get a headache from reading up on game mechanics.

• Other: I suppose, I should have kept the Yakuza safehouse a secret but it's been sitting there for a day or two for everyone to see so too late to make it one now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mika.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	92494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mika'sBar.png
Views:	67
Size:	768.6 KB
ID:	92495  

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Usually Unavailable

Last edited by Silk; Sep 16th, 2021 at 01:46 AM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 04:48 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3962
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Application
right-aligned image
Code Name: Pete
Metatype: dwarf

Archetype: Street Mage (specializing in Enchanting)

Physical Description: There’s no mistaking Pete for anything other than a dwarf. He stands just a bit under four feet tall and weighs about 135 pounds. He has the ubiquitous beard and broad shoulders of his race and sports a noticeable beer gut.

The concept of fashion appears to be completely unknown to Pete. He wears dull looking clothes that seem to have had several other owners in their lifetimes. His jacket is made of reinforced synthleather and, even though it’s seen better days, it still has plenty of life left in it. When he’s on a run or just collecting reagents, he carries a voluminous satchel over his shoulder.

Pete carries himself as though he’s shouldering the weight of the world. Most of the time he walks with a plodding gait, shoulders hunched and back bowed.

Personality: Pete is a study in contrasts when it comes to his personality. As a youth, he believed all the things his parents told him about doing the right thing, telling the truth, and helping others. However, when they were brutally scrubbed from this world, those lessons went with them.

Now Pete realizes that the only way to get by is to look out for number one. To his dismay though, he is plagued by the spirit of Generosity. Seemingly at the worst times, he is overcome with irresistible urges to help others and “do the right thing.” If he can, he fights off these urges with a little help from some deepweed. When he’s on it, he’s mellow and detached, but also more resistant to the urgings of his mentor spirit.

Background: Before the Awakening, Pete’s mother and father lived a simple life on the outskirts of San Jose in Costa Rica. After the Awakening, things were chaotic for everyone, but the Huertas managed to get by without much difficulty. When Aztechnology started to become a dominant force in the area, the Huertas moved north, not stopping until they reached Texas.

It was in Houston that Pete went through UGE. He was lucky that his transformation was more benign than what orks and trolls go through, but he still faced some discrimination growing up. He also awakened magically shortly thereafter. Back then, magic was less socially acceptable than it is now, and Pete spent most of his time cloistered in his room teaching himself how to channel his magic into physical items.

During the Great Crash, Pete’s parents were killed by gangers who were looting during the confusion. With nothing left for him in Houston, Pete decided to continue migrating north. He didn’t stop until he reached Indianapolis, where he settled into a poor neighborhood on the south side of town. There, he used the name Pete to conceal his identity, giving himself a fresh start.

Over the years, Pete has scraped by as a reagent scavenger. SINless, the corporate life was out of reach to him, and he wouldn’t have it any other way. Despite living in a poor neighborhood, he has diligently avoided joining a gang. In large part, this is because of what happened to his parents but he is naturally disinclined to be a part of large groups.

A few years ago, he started running the shadows off and on. His talents were in demand and it beat the pants off of gathering reagents for the local talismongers. The first time he came face-to-face with the wrong end of ‘geek the mage,’ he almost got back out of it. The easy money pulled him back in, but he adopted the moniker Shotgun Pete to conceal his actual skillset. His last run was a complete shambles and, once again, has him wondering if this is right for him. Part of him knows he won’t quit the life but, frag it, he’d told his team it wouldn’t be a milk run!

Experience: A mediocre amount, probably more lore than game knowledge.

left-aligned image
Other: Since you said the game is going to be character driven, I’ll use this space to lay out some of the nuts and bolts of Pete’s life. I took some liberties with your world. I hope you don’t mind.

Pete in repose: Pete and his girlfriend, Michele, live in a lower-class neighborhood on the south side of Indianapolis, between Smith Valley and Fairview just east of the 37. The apartment complex they live in lacks many of the creature comforts that most citizens of the Sixth World have access to, but it is largely free of corporate and criminal influence. Utilities and Matrix-access are provided by the city and the average income is low enough to make it uninteresting to organized crime and the larger gangs.

Pete makes a living by scavenging reagents and, when that isn’t enough, running the shadows. When he has a little extra nuyen, he hangs out at an Awakened bar that’s just a few As near as I can tell, Indy doesn't have any kind of light rail IRL. I made this up.metro stops from home. Michele is a receptionist for a local street doc who works out of an abandoned strip mall. While Pete makes more money, Michele’s income is more consistent. Between the two of them, they get by.

Notable people, places, and groups:
Michele – is an ork with the annoying habit of always being in great shape, despite the fact that she doesn’t work out or eat well. She is tough and street savvy. She has always been from the street, whether it was living as a squatter or having an actual home like she does now. When she and Pete met, she pushed him for his full name. He responded by telling her that his name was “just Pete.” Now, she calls him JustPete whenever she wants to prod him.
The Buzz Killers – are a medium-sized gang that claims most of South 65 City, although certain parts are still disputed by rival gangs. They started out as a go-gang, but have quickly grown beyond that in recent years. They have their hands in a variety of things, but they’ve set their sights on the bigger fish in their fiefdom and, for now, don’t have much to do with the poorer residents.
The Mana Storm – an Awakened bar in south Indianapolis. Despite its name, it is very low-key compared to most Awakened clubs. The inside is broken up into different areas dedicated to entertainment, casual conversation, and quiet studying. The basement has been turned into a hermetic lodge and can be rented for a variety of uses, particularly ritual magic.
Harvey and Bob – brothers who work at The Mana Storm. Harvey is a “mundane” with his fair share of chrome. Bob tends bar, knows everyone, and specializes in summoning air elementals.
The Black Library – a loose group of mages who frequent The Mana Storm. They are all ritual spellcasters who help each other with their rituals.
Detective Contreras – a Lone Star detective that uses Pete as an informant. Contreras knows that Pete is a shadowrunner but doesn’t know that he is a mage. The detective knows him as Shotgun Pete and thinks he’s just a hired gun. Because there isn’t much of a criminal element in Pete’s neighborhood (at least not in his apartment complex), their relationship has been fairly aloof. Pete wants to keep it that way since he hasn’t told Michele about it yet.

Plot Hooks:
Crime – there is always the looming threat of increased crime. A great variety of things could happen behind the scenes to make gangs or organized crime elements take an interest in Pete’s neighborhood. City or state governments might invest in urban renewal, a corp might move into the neighborhood, or drug dealers could set up shop nearby.
Cops – Pete’s relationship with Lone Star could rear its ugly head. A surge in crime or just an isolated case might have Detective Contreras knocking on Pete’s door. Pete, of course, wants to keep that away from Michele and also wants to hide his magical ability from Lone Star.
Work – both Pete and Michele are SINless. Therefore, their ability to earn nuyen is inconsistent to say the least. If both suffer a downfall in work for an extended period of time, there would be trouble.
Magic – from paracritters to wizgangs to Pete trying to become a better mage, there is a ton to explore in this direction. He goes out of his way to downplay his abilities so that he stays off the radar of the corps and gangs. Specializing in enchanting helps, but there are plenty of ways that particular cat could get out of the bag.

Last edited by Attitude; Sep 16th, 2021 at 05:44 AM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1535
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
WIP
right-aligned image

Metatype: Elf

Archetype: Social Adept

Physical Description: Standing at 5'8" and weighing a mere one hundred and forty-five pounds, no one would say Kee is an imposing figure. He has light bonze skin, black hair and black eyes. He likes to dress well. Kee's favorite motto is 'the clothes makes the man'.

Personality:

Background:

Experience: I've played 2e, 3e and 5e.

Last edited by Shula; Sep 14th, 2021 at 05:18 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 05:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3594
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Doktor Säge should be complete.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 06:54 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8193
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
  • Personality: The melding of Panther DNA with human DNA

Someone isn't over Nomad.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 10:18 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Someone isn't over Nomad.
lol, maybe.

But when I decided to take Prototype Transhuman for Mika and when I thought about what Bioware to put into that free 1 point of Essence it gave me I immediately thought of the animal augmentations from Chrome Flesh. And of course, since I'm a cat person it was going to be cat DNA that went into Mika.

I'm actually surprised that making Cat's Eyes, Muscle Toner[R2], Hearing Enhancement, Hearing Expansion, Tail, & Tailored Critter Pheromones[R3] all Alphaware = exactly 1 Essence loss. I thought about including claws but she's not a meleer and won't even have the skill for it.

Edit: I still might add retractable claws because they're cheap and would be a good concealable backup weapon.

Last edited by Silk; Sep 14th, 2021 at 10:39 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 10:41 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6940
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Edit: I still might add retractable claws because they're cheap and would be a good concealable backup weapon.
Don't they also provide a bonus to climbing?

My character Jak is heavily augmented. Haven't built it yet but I'm hoping for cyberarms, eyes, reflex enhancements, dermal plating, etc.

Last edited by Runetide; Sep 14th, 2021 at 10:42 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 10:44 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8193
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
lol, maybe.
"Maybe". Suuure.

Old Sep 14th, 2021, 11:31 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Hay, Rune. You mind if Jak was the 'cybered-up freak that batted the cat off her bar for kicks'? If Jak is borged up enough, having Mika empty an entire clip from her submachine gun into him might just have hurt only a little bit. After all, she wasn't using ADPS rounds

They could sort of have a hate/hate relationship going on where they will work together as long as Jak doesn't touch Mika's cats and as long as Mika doesn't shot Jak.

Last edited by Silk; Sep 14th, 2021 at 11:34 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 11:38 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3040
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
I believe Yuri is finished
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 02:24 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, wow that was longer than I thought out would be. And I still have to put in the description for Mika's Den.

I'll need to go back and run the entire background through Grammarly after I reread and reword some things. I'll also get that summary you wanted when I get time. Gonna need it

Last edited by Silk; Sep 15th, 2021 at 02:41 AM.
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 05:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6398
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Definitely interested. App complete.

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Runner Name: Ruckus
Metatype: Troll
Archetype: Tank/Brawler

Physical Description: At over nine feet tall and easily five hundred pounds, Ruckus definitely makes a first impression when you see him. His head is square and solid looking, with two large curling horns emanating from the top of his skull from his shaggy brown shoulder-length hair. Underneath a heavy brow you see a pair of fierce looking copper colored eyes, and his wide flat nose has definitely been broken once or twice before. Large tusks protrude from his lower jaw, and his face is heavily tattooed with tribal markings. In each pointed ear are several earrings, and he has a well groomed set of mutton chops. His torso and thews are massive, with clawed hands and fingers the size of sausages. He prefers to dress like a ganger - leather jacket (with plenty of pins and badges, many of Urban Brawl teams), spikes, chains, and boots. He has a deep booming voice and an easy laugh, and there is a cocky undertone to his posture.

Personality:
Ruckus loves a good fight, and will never back down from a good challenge. He is a survivor and has been through a lot in life, and relies on his natural toughness of both body and mind to get him through difficult situations. He is an Urban Brawl fanatic and loves talking about the game, the different teams, and which current player he thinks is an absolute bum. Although he likes to party hard and has a mild addiction to alcohol, when it's time for a run Ruckus is all business. He takes pride in his primitive weaponry and enjoys that others underestimate him until they see the results first hand. Although he appreciates that often a subtle hand is best, sometimes a good explosion is immensely satisfying.

Background:
Born and raised in Indianapolis, Ruckus's natural size and physical abilities made him a natural athlete. Growing up in the slums, he and the other boys would organize their own Urban Brawl games and play for hours outside when they could. Of course, Ruckus grew much larger than the other boys relatively quickly, and soon he had to play pickup games with grown adults. His ultimate dream was to play for Couldn't find if they had a real team, so I just made one upIndy Annihilation but even with his natural talent he was too poor to get a SIN and couldn't get on the team. This has chapped his ass quite a bit, as he sees other less talented players doing what he should be doing. He decided running the shadows might be just what he needs to get up enough yuan to make an official attempt at becoming a professional Urban Brawl athlete.

Experience: I was a player in a Shadowrun campaign years ago, and was on a short lived one here on RPGX. I'm rusty but I still remember most of the rules.

Other: Ruckus is a walking tank that prefers simple weapons like bows and axes, but when it's time to make some noise he loves a good shotgun. He will have some enhancements too. If you need a ridiculously tough runner to keep security off your back and clear the way to safety, he's your man. He's a bit sneaky for a big guy too.

Last edited by Grouchy; Sep 15th, 2021 at 05:45 AM.