RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 24th, 2016, 09:53 PM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Since the standard FATE sheet had some oddities when it came to running with the Secrets of Cats modules, I found a decent sheet to use for the system? I dunno I'll probably edit this one to be form fillable and run with it considering that rpgcrossing doesn't have a built-in FATE sheet as far as I could tell.

Last edited by KKristophDavion; Aug 24th, 2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Replaced link with a personal link
Old Aug 25th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Been there, done that

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5569
Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger Codger
I'm no expert at Fate, which is part of my interest here. Hence, feedback is most welcome. I'm presuming a cat template here as suggested.

It's a bird
EBB [Evisceration By Beak] (“Birdie!” to Anna, a 5 year old girl whose fascination with me is inexplicably equaled by mine for her; “Munin” to Faun Amor, from whose deceased mate I ate, and my lover; “Rusty” to the decrepit 'saint' at the park with popcorn and sometimes juicy worms; “That damned crow” to many others in the area)

Description: a fairly typical adult male raven of sable black feathering, with a slightly kinked black beak. His right eye is blue, while his left eye is milky white as if the orb has recently died (see below).

High Concept: Death's Seeker
Invoke: some deaths are more fascinating than others, but you can never tell which is which unless you watch.
Invoke: I am forsworn to a parliament of Cats, until the death of the last one that swore the alliance with me.
Compel: whenever Lady Death truly desires my attendance at a death, I am helpless to resist.
Compel: knowing Death as well as I do, sometimes I must delay one.
Anchor: my left eye, which resides nearly entirely in the realm of Death at all times. From the moment of birth we cast a faint shadow in the realm of Death, which increases as we draw nearer to our inevitable death. I can see any such shadow clearly, and learn from it.

Trouble: Death hounds me, for I know her intimately
Invoke: the pall of death that I perpetually bear proves to be unnerving to some.
Invoke: since he knows all too much of his own death, little else causes him much concern.
Compel: some deaths must be literally tasted of.
Compel: sometimes I simply cannot look away.
Anchor: the tip of a tentacle hook buried beneath an old scar on my lower abdomen. Literally a tiny fragment of Death herself, from a Dream Battle I foolishly engaged in at the height of my youth, it is both talisman and target.

Burdens: while EBB has his favorites among those not yet dead, and a few enemies, he is forsworn to the entire area designated in his alliance to the cats. So far, this has proven to be mutually beneficial, despite the cats' incessant whining and mewling. A few of them could even be considered somewhat clever. Most of them though, sadly, are as dumb as stumps.
The forgotten garden: a Burden of a more personal nature, where the hubris of humanity is there to see for any that gaze upon it. Long since overgrown and swallowed by the encroaching forest since its attendant shack burnt down, it is an enigmatic place of peace for EBB, as a bevy of children's dreams somehow still breath there.
Anchor: a small silken pillow of brilliant scarlet, with a golden tassel on each corner. A shriveled scrap of skin resides at the heart of the pillow, cut from her living mate, just before we slew him together for all of the indignities he forced on her. My beloved Faun lays it next to her head when she sleeps, eager for those nights that I join her, and we Dream together in countless forms.
Old Aug 25th, 2016, 03:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17751
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
I've gone and added anchors to Snorri's info.
Old Aug 25th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6883
Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard Spoonybard
I genderflipped my cat for better representation.
Old Aug 25th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4462
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
The game is approved, and there's still a little over 36 hours before the deadline. Everything should be updated on the primary post regarding the characters already proposed. I'm also (slowly) filling in the second post on the face and place I'm initially bringing to the table. The rest will come from you all!
Old Aug 25th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Actually Harmless

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 869
Deaths Avenger Deaths Avenger Deaths Avenger Deaths Avenger Deaths Avenger Deaths Avenger Deaths Avenger
This looks amazing! I can't take on another game at the moment but I couldn't just leave without saying that I think this is too cool. It makes me want to learn the FATE system.
Old Aug 25th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos kdtompos
Thanks, Deaths! (And you should check Fate out)
Old Aug 25th, 2016, 10:12 PM
Lord of Space Dundee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4565
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
I'm sure we can figure something out for a paranormal sight stunt if I get in. Of course naturally I think his Seeking skill should be the one used to passively notice them, since it's the skill about being supernaturally aware.
Old Aug 26th, 2016, 01:04 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 670
Jot Jot Jot Jot Jot Jot
Erp, I see a wild deadline has appeared!

I'm GMT+12, and it's the 26th today.

Which means I gotta get something up tonight or the wee hours of the morning.

Time to cram FATE and sourcebook.
Old Aug 26th, 2016, 02:25 AM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
There's still just over 24 hours left... I wish you luck.
Old Aug 26th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Dapper Grizzly

Tools
User Statistics
I'm off the grid for the next 24 hours, which doesn't line up well with the established deadline. But as soon as I'm back, I'll let you all know who the collection of players will be.

Thanks KKristoph for linking that sheet!

I've also finally filled in the "Place" and "Face" I set up when this all started -- second post on the first page. When we all start creating some more of them, I'm wide open to any suggestions you may have to improving these ones as well.
Old Aug 26th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Lord of Space Dundee

Tools
User Statistics
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
Well when you get back, you'll find that I just couldn't help myself, so I gave you a second invoke and compel on each of Ezekiel's aspects.
Old Aug 26th, 2016, 07:50 PM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Oof, goodluck to everyone that's applied!
Old Aug 27th, 2016, 02:55 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 670
Jot Jot Jot Jot Jot Jot
Making a living off breaking balls!
left-aligned image

Name: Touchwood (Bonny Boy to the clients) is a dapper looking Calico with the swagger of a manner lord, and is easily anticipated by the dull *thump* of his peg leg. After getting his paw crushed by a delivery van as a kitten (his story here changes nightly), his burden thought a prosthetic might fit with the decor.

Needless to say, the patrons love it.

High Concept: Free Wheelin' Feline
  • Anchor: I can sell kitty litter to canines. Got a special offer just for Rusty, too!
  • Invoke: I know a lot of folk and a lot of folk know me.
  • Invoke: Read of proof and clause - Touchwood pays attention to the details on any deal.
  • Compel: The price of something ain't always it's value.
  • Compel: What I got ain't what you need, and what I can get you shouldn't have. So lets haggle.

Trouble: Leg givin' me gyp.
  • Anchor: My leg. It's a nice hardwood. Could be worse.
  • Invoke: Humans think it's adorable. Shows what they know.
  • Invoke: When you're known for one thing, people overlook other things.
  • Compel: Sometimes, it twinges something fierce!
  • Compel: Some cats think they're better. They got 25% more leg and 50% less brain.

Burden: Touchwood is the establishment cat of Rackham’s Pool Hall. He’s the chief tripper-of-legs and lounger-of-sunbeams, adopted as a kitten by the owner, an ex-con called Jack (no one’s sure if it’s his actual name, but they go with the theme). The hall and attached flat above are his domain (well, technically his human's, but it amounts to the same thing) and serious business is done on the upstairs landing.
  • Anchor: Jack. His burden is a sinewy and grizzled presence behind the bar, but when closing time comes, it's earscritches and the Times crossword.
  • Invoke: Despite gentrification, Jack still has friends in the area. Human predators ain't much of an issue.
  • Invoke: Siphoning off supplies isn't hard. Some cats will do anything for a pretzel.
  • Compel: Jack likes a tot at times, so isn't always functional (though still available for bodyheat).
  • Compel: The patrons adore me, so being picked up at happy hour is a problem.

http://www.onlypencil.com/Artist's Site

Last edited by Jot; Aug 27th, 2016 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Linking picture and a general tidy-up.
Old Aug 28th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Lord of Space Dundee

Tools
User Statistics
I feel I should leave the game forum here for me, Brainwired1, ByronBulb, Spoonybard, Jot, and KKristophDavion. Checking the game forum at random seems to have given me a head start.