RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 5th, 2021, 02:19 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I've already made the Character, the link to the Sheet should be visible to you.
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 03:03 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 383
Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire Dieuoffire
@triedtherest One more thing, the tattoo is on their face.

We can see about bringing him in but it might take some time.

Also does he want to have been sent by the same person as the others, or does he have his own reason for being there?
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 06:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I altered the passage about his tattoo.

He would absolutely want to take the same offer as the others, as it is a chance to gain resources and the favour of a powerful patron, while also potentially making some powerful allies (the party) along the way. Also, the chance to "recruit" whoever/whatever they defeat into his service (Undead Minions!)
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
still looking for more players for anyone interested!
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2226
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
I have to say that in the months that I've played in this game the house rules have not impacted me in the least.

Also it's a good game with old fashioned d&d (and a talking bearman)
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 03:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I must say that, looking over the House Rules, I didn't see anything too restrictive.

Also, "talking bearman?"
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 04:13 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
The monster rules allow for quite a variety of things that would otherwise be to expensive by LA. I will admit some become a little OP but generally good natured people don't try to break the game too badly and I do kindly ask people to play something interesting, not just find the most OP thing possible.

The house rules just look intimidating because of how many pages there are due to my PDF style program. A few pages have only a short paragraph on them. I think if it was condensed it would be half (or less) as long.
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 592
btccg btccg btccg btccg btccg btccg
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
I must say that, looking over the House Rules, I didn't see anything too restrictive.

Also, "talking bearman?"
Aka Dorngall.....
Old Sep 5th, 2021, 10:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3433
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome

Last edited by Clawsome; Sep 6th, 2021 at 05:39 PM.
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 11:16 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 410
Nezkrul Nezkrul Nezkrul Nezkrul Nezkrul
@Dieuoffire: Maybe I missed something or didn't understand it, but I need to ask for clarification.

Old Sep 8th, 2021, 12:46 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 12:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Titus Maximus

Race: Human/Half Celestial

Class: Mystic Paladin-Knight of Arcane Order of Amarilyss

Description: Titus stands a little over 6’3” tall and his young body has filled out quickly with lean muscle. His silvery white hair flows loosely down onto his shoulders and ends where his beautiful white feathered wings sprout out of his silver plate armor. His face is youthful, his step full of vigor. His eyes are a bright blue that matches the color of his cloak. He is both imposing and handsome. His smile is sure to disarm most that he meets. His shield is adorned with the symbol of his goddess, a rising moon and setting sun with a tower in between. He carries a long sword and a nasty looking flail on his belt.

Personality: He is an overall warm and generous person which some find unusual for a stereotypical stuffy paladin. He enjoys good food, drink and company. He seems to live life to the fullest. He is a loyal to his Goddess, his order and his friends. He treats others fairly until they prove themselves unworthy in the eyes of his order or goddess. He is always intrigued with magic in all forms. His personal mission is to learn and absorb as much information about magic in the realm. He takes particular notice of those using magic or magic items. It isn’t the use of magic itself, but those that wish to change it or destroy it that his goddess and the order have issues with. It is then, the knights are judge, jury and executioner at their Goddess discretion.

Background: He was orphaned young, parents unknown and he was raised first by local clergy who named him Titus Maximus, till he was 8. He was one of several children then chosen and taken in by the Knights of the arcane order. There he spent the next 10 years in intense training where he excelled at some things and not at others.

Upon his Eighteenth season he was knighted and sent on his first mission for the order. He spent the next three years gaining knowledge and experience under the tutelage of senior knights.

It was the year of his twenty first season that he was sent on his life mission to travel the world in the name of Amarilyss as a Knight of the Arcane Order. His first priority was to seek out and learn magic in all forms and protect the weave. His second priority was to help and protect those in need.

He spent several years traveling the realm, finding magic items, protecting the weave from those who wish it harm and growing in experience and age. He was traveling when he came upon x town.

Short Term Goal: Gain meaningful experience and to explore all avenues of magic and their workings.
Long Term Goal: To make the world better place with magic in balance. Fulfill my destiny by becoming the paladin that my goddess sees.
Continuous Goal: Find, Learn, understand and protect magic in all forms and to have fun along the way.

Last edited by Clawsome; Sep 17th, 2021 at 03:02 PM.
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 08:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Hello, I am very interested in a sandbox game!

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Maeriwyn Kas'ion

An unarmed and unarmored woman in flowing robes, with long snow-white hair and violet eyes. She is a bit small and quite slight in build; clearly any form of combat is not her forte. But there is a quiet determination in her eyes, often accompanied with her gentle gaze.

Race: Human

Class: Adept

Background: Maeriwyn's lineage is partially Celestial, as her parents fared from Windhand. They used to be some prominent traders, too, and took her on holiday to the Sultanate of Cascade, also as part of a business trip. Unfortunately, no one predicted the storm that was coming. Their ship was smashed against the rocks and many lives were lost. Miraculously, Maeriwyn survived, washed up on the desert shores. And there she was found and cared for by some people of a fishing village. Eventually when she had the strength and courage, she made her way to Erindel, but there was no news of her family or any other survivors.

Maeriwyn had no money for transport back home, and quite frankly, she was scared to death of getting on a boat again. Even if she could contact a distant family member, no one particularly appealed to her. But the fact was, she was of age and could make her own decisions in life.. and yet she was also alone. The temples in Cascade reminded her of the many monasteries and temples in Windhand, and she was attracted to them. There, she learned to unlock her inner light, and she found a purpose to life again. Now she not only dons the holy symbols of the Celestials she knew back home, but also of The First Sworn. She has taken vows to never harm a living being, and to assist those in need whenever she is able, among others.

Personality: While not entirely selfless as a saint, Maeriwyn does spend most of her time helping the less fortunate. Being an inquisitive sort, she also yearns for knowledge, enlightenment, and self betterment. One will find that she not only has a sharp wit, but a warm heart. She abhors violence and will take great measures to avoid bloodshed whenever possible. Not surprisingly, she would tend to the sick and wounded on both sides of a conflict. As such, in times of peace she is a great asset; in times of war, well.. it would be best to keep her busy on your side, and sway her away from potential dangers.

Custom feats: I'd like something similar to a pathfinder trait, where you gain a bonus to a skill and also gain that skill as a class skill. Gaining diplomacy as a class skill is what I would really like. I also think I'd like to take some sacred vows. Anything else I can find to give me some more skill points would be nice too.