RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 07:45 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1064
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
posting rate really depends on the players.
Old Jul 3rd, 2020, 08:37 PM
Mature-ish Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4917
Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin Talkin
Hi Hal, I am interested in applying, can you clarify two points about the vampire template:

Quote:
--Stake to the Heart: The vampire is destroyed if a piercing weapon made of wood is driven into its heart while it is incapacitated in its resting place.
I did not see something in the template about needing to rest or “sleep.” Is there some kind of effect where we fall asleep during the daytime (to the extent there is a daytime in Ravenloft) or have to enter a catatonic (incapacitated) state for some amount of time every day? Likewise, if we do need some sort of safe “resting place,” can we have our own castles (or at least a small keep)?

Second, regarding the bite ability, if we kill someone using the bite, do they return as a vampire? Under our control?

Thanks.
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 03:36 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I haven't quite played with this template...I kinda found it, modified it, compared it to monster manual..so I'm not sure how I'm going to work that part in but Im gonna say that you can rest whenever you want to recover spell slots or abilities that require a short rest since there isn't really a daytime/nighttime in Ravenloft.

Barovia and the Castle Ravenloft are safe places where you can rest since nobody in their right mind would mess with the hand of Strahd in the village. Otherwise, You're undead servants and while you can feed from the villagers that have souls when you want/need, Strahd hasn't seen fit to give you your own castles aside from the barracks within the castle.

Biting and passing the curse/gift: I haven't decided on that either, I would say...case by case basis, I might allow it.
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 10:39 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 378
juikej juikej juikej juikej
Typically, a humanoid bitten by a vampire that dies becomes vampire spawn not a vampire.

It usually requires ingesting of vampire blood or a ritual or curse to be come one. That is why in my backstory I had him ingest something that could have been vampire blood.

Last edited by juikej; Jul 4th, 2020 at 10:48 PM.
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 09:20 AM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11240
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
COMPLETE

Character DetailsName: Ciaran Creighrune
Race: Variant Human
Class: GloomstalkerRanger (5)/ ScoutRogue (5)

left-aligned image

Appearance:
Standing 6' 0" tall, Ciaran has a silent and threatening feel about him. Just as unsettling is his propensity for few words. Dark, almond-shaped eyes are ever-watching from under a weathered hood. His earth-toned clothing is utilitarian and patched with purpose and care. Ciaran has an unassuming slender build with broad shoulders-- agile and deadly. Unkempt stubble accompanies short, black disheveled hair. He has a scar on his chest which he is ashamed of, and rarely speaks of it.

Personality:
Ciaran is pointed and purposeful-- like an arrow shot from his bow. Never a word wasted or without forethought, he is keen on his surroundings and tends to watch and listen. Calm and centered, many things don't appear to bother the outlander. Even if something had, you'd be hard pressed to know if it did. Those who know him best would come to an understanding that Ciaran is vindictive and without mercy-- but not without a reason and calculation. Cross him, and you will end up paying more than you bargained for.

Backstory:

Basic Details
Background: Outlander

Personality Traits:
  • Even a fool, when holding his peace, is counted wise; And he that shut his lips is esteemed as a man of understanding.
  • Patience and keen insight are strategic tools to win allies and defeat enemies.
Flaws:
  • I remember every insult I've received and nurse a silent resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me.
  • I am driven, but sometimes I'm blinded by my own pursuits.
Ideal:
  • Independence: I am a free spirit-- anyone who tries to take that from me will pay.
Bond:
  • A powerful person killed someone I love. Someday soon, I'll have my revenge.

RP Sample: Something short: A response to a fellow rogue

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; Jul 7th, 2020 at 06:09 PM.
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 09:50 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 47
Metafouric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
posting rate really depends on the players.
Okay
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 12:04 PM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11240
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Completed. If you have an feedback or questions, let me know!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 05:23 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
Alright! Applications are closed!

Finish any applications that are entered and I'll be going over them today and the names of players will be published tomorrow.
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 01:50 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
I won't be able to make selections until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. Anyone who has an incomplete application that wants to finish it, you have another day. If you don't know why your application is still WIP just message me.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Jul 6th, 2020 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 11:21 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Zangul Zangul
Awesome I have been busy with the hospital working 12-16 hr shifts. I will try to finish. Once I get home.
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 04:48 AM
Read It With A Smile!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30850
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
witthdrawn

Last edited by Gath; Jul 15th, 2020 at 07:43 AM.
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 03:16 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
I'm extending the recruitment process for a little while longer. My family and I are going through some hard times and I need to direct my mental faculties towards that for the time being.
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 06:03 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
I'm calling time of death. I would rather not lead players on. I cant bring enough mental focus to bear for this game. Sorry everyone, thank you for applying with some stellar applications. Happy hunting
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 01:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4005
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Thanks Hal! Hope you are able to get back to health!
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 03:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3994
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
I'm calling time of death. I would rather not lead players on. I cant bring enough mental focus to bear for this game. Sorry everyone, thank you for applying with some stellar applications. Happy hunting
Thanks for being straight with the players, and producing an awesome concept. Take care.