RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Nov 12th, 2020, 08:58 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31614
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Thanks for the app!

It's war, many will die, so I probably need backup players haha
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 12:43 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23810
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Mother, Marksman, Mover
left-aligned image

Sharona bears the darker skin and narrower frame of her ancestral homeland, a place she has only heard referenced in third-hand stories by her parents. A childhood spent loading caravans and hauling goods has done enough to keep her muscled despite her innately wiry build. She wears her age well, the lines at the corners of her eyes and mouth testament to the years behind. Her hair, dark strands with a natural wave, is rarely free from the tight bun that keeps it out of her face while in public.

She wears strong leathers and fabrics but adds flair with embroidered hems and colorful dyes with a fondness for yellow. Her personal choice of weaponry is better unseen, to inspire overconfidence and dissuade concern, and her clothing always provides enough bulk and a hidden pocket or two to accommodate the coat pistol or stiletto necessary to keep herself safe.

A Fair Price Paid, No Debt ForgivenSharona, or Shar as she prefers it, is a consummate professional until she isn't. Slow to anger, quick to forgive, she rarely takes things personally. Grudges are bad for business, after all. Break the tenets, though, and her demeanor will take a sudden shift. Honesty in business relationships is paramount to her dealing and she would never cheat someone she'd signed a contract with. Personal relationships have no such protection, and she's been known to leverage dishonesty with acquaintances when the situation demanded it. While she is no social maven, she has practice enough at pushing people's buttons and pulling the wool over their eyes.

Having a child did a lot to shift her priorities, making the future an all-too-relevant concern and she is quick to leap at the opportunity to put away a bit of scratch as a nest egg for Yorik. This urge to safeguard her family against the unknowable can make her reckless and prone to risk others might not take, but her confidence in her skillset often sees her through. People don't call her 'Knack' without cause, after all, and she is quite good at what she does. She respects those who are equally competent in their fields, and those who are willing to commit everything to a goal.

To All Things a Price, From All Things a ValueShar's people aren't local, and that's obvious in both her look and her outlook. Generations back, though not more than fingers on a hand, a displaced group from a land of caravans and coin found their way to the continent and spread to the corners. They were artisans, merchants, engineers and soldiers who found demand for their wares high. Shar's own parents were jewelers and caravanners and she took her first trip when she was ten. To a caravanner, the wilderness impedes commerce and must be controlled, so she learned early to study the land outside the roads. To note the passage of bandits or possible ambushes, to recognize theft and those who commit it. While she could have carved stones or driven wagons like her parents, she found her talents stronger in using deception to thwart deception.

Her introduction to Margus was her first step into the Pocket, a loose network of smugglers and agents that have existed among her people since their exodus, and he remains the only other member that she had met face-to-face. The work was simple at first. A package delivered here, a man followed there. Don't ask questions, just do the job and take the pay. She knows several of her drops have been to rebellion hideouts and the Pocket clearly has a relationship with that group but it is above her paygrade to demand answers. The way the Pocket works relies on individual cogs moving the whole machine. For a time she was content with that ignorance, happy to run some mundane task for a bit of extra coin, but rising tensions make for unsteady commerce and she found herself wondering if one big score might not be the smarter play. These thoughts plagued her more intensely after she found herself pregnant, and was a source of frequent argument between herself and Margus after they wed in a small ceremony under Abadar's grace.

Margus continued to work the carvans and their son, Yurik, accompanied him for the first time last month. The trip was meant to last several weeks and travel deep into Ostalin territory to get the best price on goods they don't produce there, but now a month has passed and no word has come in over two weeks. Her mother cautions her to be patient, to trust in her husband's skill as a trader and a father, but ignorance as to the fate of her child is almost more than she can bear. She respects Margus, and she cares for him, but their marriage has always been one of convenience. Her son, however, is her world and she will stop at nothing to ensure his safety.

Keep the Peace, Keep the ProfitBy day, Shar walks among the shops that line the thoroughfare with her eyes open and eager. These sacred grounds are to be protected and that means dissuading theft and fraud with all means required. She can spot a lightfinger casing marks or a sharptongue running a grift with equal accuracy. The tenets demand fair dealing in commerce and she does her best to keep everyone accountable to that. Her role as Market Watch is official, a deputized arm of the local militia to lessen the demand on actual soldiers, and pays for the roof over her head and the food on her plate but little more. Her second job is both more demanding and more lucrative, utilizing the same skillset of urban maneuvering, wilderness survival and patient observation for exactly the opposite purpose.

Firearms are a rare commodity in Gate Pass but the threat of mass production looms. A well-fitted pistol, absent of a maker's mark, can fetch good coin in a low supply market. Those among the Pocket work to keep it so as many exotic smiths count themselves members and pay their dues. Promoting regional workshops while dissuading larger factories has helped to keep the numbers low, but the push for progress will become a surge in time and few she's spoken to can agree on how to weather it. For her own part, Shar had made investments in a number of local merchant stalls which have pretty much broken even. The future is uncertain and uncertainty bothers her, so she is constantly on the lookout for opportunities with a fast turnaround, so long as they don't violate the nature of legal trade. The Pocket views Gate Town as a significant piece of their larger operations, but for her it is important because it is home. Not the storied home of her grandfather's grandfather, but the place she has always been able to return and relax.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; Nov 12th, 2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 02:02 PM
Fork! Knife! Spoon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24832
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Moon - I have done some updating to Lauds Tempestborn

Most significantly, I have added a section on NPCs in Lauds' life and some information with my thoughts about the Stormchaser Eagle and its clerics. All of it is of course dependent upon your approval as the most wonderful and gracious GM

+

Last edited by Chrystrom; Nov 12th, 2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 02:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3003
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
It's war, many will die, so I probably need backup players haha
But you know who will never die? A front row Wizard who casts fist. And speaking of which Grym is done, excepting of course the thousand tweaks and rewrites I compulsively put in between now and eternity.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 04:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43208
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
right-aligned image

Name: Benevolence "Ben" Goodfellow
Race: Half-orc
Class: Barbarian

Physical Description:

Personality:

Living in Gate Pass (Present):

Background (Past):

Old Nov 12th, 2020, 04:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 43208
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
How could I pass up the chance to play with such an amazing array of users?!

I've only had the pleasure of gaming with Crocodile and PCB so far. Hopefully i get the chance to game with more of you here!
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Fork! Knife! Spoon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24832
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Bah Imveros, I guess I could condescend to game with such a Downer like you

+
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 05:16 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Thanks both of you.

@Pop

Please take note of this in the ads. I just want to make sure you saw it.

Quote:
Firearms: Emerging (Advanced firearms doesn't exist). Firearms can only fire three-time maximum per round because of technical limitation.

Last edited by MoonZar; Nov 12th, 2020 at 05:32 PM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 05:43 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23810
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
Thanks both of you.

@Pop

Please take note of this in the ads. I just want to make sure you saw it.
No worries, MZ. I noted that. With the Gun Smuggler's focus on coat pistols, dagger pistols and other hold-out style guns I'd be really impressed if I ever got to the point where I could fire that many shots in a round. Mechanically, guns are always a gamble in PF games but the archetype felt very thematically interesting to me so I ran with it.

I kind of based the idea of a secret coalition for firearms manufacture and sale around the idea that there aren't many available and thus the demand for them would outstrip supply pretty easily. Hopefully, that fits with your vision of them not being mass-produced much currently.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; Nov 12th, 2020 at 05:45 PM.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 05:56 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
That works, thanks.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 08:49 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Alright folks, application office doesn’t take new apps. We already have 20 contenders!!
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 09:35 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I updated the table with the Apps I think is completed. Please help me update to switch to YES when you are done.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...60#post8953760
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 10:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3003
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Grym is done. Though fair warning he might be a full caster class but he’ll never be utilized like one. Muscle Wizards are just bad fighters who turn into ridiculous fighters later on. Because why waste a 3rd level spell on a fireball when you can just turn yourself into a monster and make 6 attacks a round?
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 10:31 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6940
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
What do I need to do to be considered complete? I think I handled everything.
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 10:46 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
U just need to say completed.