Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 12:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12736
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
I think you should be able to roll again in the test thread. The first post in that thread says your older posts will be deleted until you are down to five total again.
Okay, my roll came up a 2, so I have 20,000 to play with. I'm thinking about cybernetics.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 12:37 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2045
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
Okay, my roll came up a 2, so I have 20,000 to play with. I'm thinking about cybernetics.
Do these talent choices look right? (O is taken, ~ is not taken)

Slicer
O|O|O|O
O|~|O|O
O|O|~|O
O|O|O|O
O|~|~|O

Analyst
O|O|~|~
~|O|~|~
O|O|~|~
O|~|~|~
O|~|~|~
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 12:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20667
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47Thunderbolt View Post
Thanks! I'll go for the PB-950 then, reduced to Sil 4 as you agreed since it's only 37 meters long.
I'm hoping somebody would like to join me, as a Force user if option 1 is applicable, as a deputy or crew member of some kind if option 2 is applicable.

Picked up the High-Output Ion Turbine for 5,300, the Hyperdrive Generator for 6,400, and the Autopilot Droid Brain for 6,000 (total 2 HP). That's 17,700 of his credits. The first two bring it more in line with where I think it should be mechanically (and so will be narrated as such), the autopilot droid brain is his addition.
Here's a possible twist. Perhaps your Ranger caught my Smuggler Pilot and in exchange for not turning her in, she'd be his pilot and run with him - for a while at least.
Of course, she'd never settle for something as slow as a PB-950, so she'd want to use her ship which is a KST-100.
Just an idea/offer to throw in together should we both make the cut.
This could also save a lot of his credits for him as she'd spend a lot of hers on said ship.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Dec 23rd, 2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 12:50 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Here's a possible twist. Perhaps your Ranger caught my Smuggler Pilot and in exchange for not turning her in, she'd be his pilot and run with him - for a while at least.
Of course, she'd never settle for something as slow as a PB-950, so she'd want to use her ship which is a KST-100.
This could also save a lot of his credits for him as she'd spend a lot of hers on said ship.
Her ship could be impounded for a while as well.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 12:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Her ship could be impounded for a while as well.
Yes! More plot twists and RP candy. Love it!
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 01:02 PM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt
Quote:
I like the idea of working together. Funnily enough, that's sort of how it was going to go in the original campaign, except it was a Hutt in a Hawaiian shirt. :D

I selected the PB-950 since it is a ship commonly used by the Sector Rangers (and I've boosted it to Speed 4 via attachments). I think it'd make the most sense to use it, both for narrative and game mechanical reasons. I like SuperStrength79's suggestion of impounding the KST-100, I think that makes sense.

As for how they come to be working together, perhaps we could tie that in to your character's Obligations? My character is very "Lawful Good," but his motivations also include Cause: The Downtrodden and he's open to giving second chances, especially if it means keeping someone out of trouble.
Perhaps your character was coerced into smuggling, and so he's giving her a second chance/protecting her? Maybe there's some clue linking the Obligation holder to why they're going to Coruscant? Or it could be unrelated.

Last edited by P47Thunderbolt; Dec 23rd, 2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 01:15 PM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
I've updated the sheet with background information, pending finalization of backstory plotting with @DrachenSpirit.
I've also updated his description. I really wish I had the chops to draw him up, because he looks awesome in my head. :D
I've also taken on +10 Obligation for +10 XP, using it to buy 1 rank in Discipline, which, surprisingly, isn't a career skill. I'd have expected Marshal to get it, but apparently not. The other four are pretty essential though, so it's just a close fifth place I suppose.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 01:24 PM
Cybergothic Celestial

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15049
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Interest withdrawn.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 02:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12736
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Quote:
Do these talent choices look right? (O is taken, ~ is not taken)

Slicer
O|O|O|O
O|~|O|O
O|O|~|O
O|O|O|O
O|~|~|O

Analyst
O|O|~|~
~|O|~|~
O|O|~|~
O|~|~|~
O|~|~|~
Yup, that's exactly right.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 06:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47Thunderbolt View Post
I like the idea of working together. Funnily enough, that's sort of how it was going to go in the original campaign, except it was a Hutt in a Hawaiian shirt.

I selected the PB-950 since it is a ship commonly used by the Sector Rangers (and I've boosted it to Speed 4 via attachments). I think it'd make the most sense to use it, both for narrative and game mechanical reasons. I like SuperStrength79's suggestion of impounding the KST-100, I think that makes sense.

As for how they come to be working together, perhaps we could tie that in to your character's Obligations? My character is very "Lawful Good," but his motivations also include Cause: The Downtrodden and he's open to giving second chances, especially if it means keeping someone out of trouble.
Perhaps your character was coerced into smuggling, and so he's giving her a second chance/protecting her? Maybe there's some clue linking the Obligation holder to why they're going to Coruscant? Or it could be unrelated.
I believe my character app is complete. I didn't buy too much as she's the type to buy what she needs along the way.

@Thunderbolt - the part in her background about connecting with your character is just a baseline, so feel free to add to it or shave off anything you like. Truth be told, he's probably realized by now that while she was coerced into the smuggling job he caught her in, she was obviously doing it on her own before that. Now, she seems to like the do-gooder type of life as it too has it's own set of thrills and danger.
And... I FINALLY found a pic I like! I spliced it over a Droid pic since she bought an Astromech Droid sometime in the past.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Dec 23rd, 2020 at 06:21 PM.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 07:07 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I believe my character app is complete. I didn't buy too much as she's the type to buy what she needs along the way.

@Thunderbolt - the part in her background about connecting with your character is just a baseline, so feel free to add to it or shave off anything you like. Truth be told, he's probably realized by now that while she was coerced into the smuggling job he caught her in, she was obviously doing it on her own before that. Now, she seems to like the do-gooder type of life as it too has it's own set of thrills and danger.
And... I FINALLY found a pic I like! I spliced it over a Droid pic since she bought an Astromech Droid sometime in the past.
That looks like an R6 model to me. Make sure to name it.

Last edited by Superstrength79; Dec 23rd, 2020 at 07:45 PM.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 07:28 PM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Application - WIP After about a year, she ran across a Sector Ranger while she was on a job she had been forced in to. As all parties involved told the same tale, that she was flying on this smuggling run, using her own ship, due to her life being threatened, the Ranger wouldn't turn her in provided she pilot for him for a spell.
To make her keep her word, he kept her ship impounded, making her pay the storage fees so it wouldn't get sold.
As this was just another day of excitement for Miona, she took the offer - not that she could refuse - and has been the Kyuzo do-gooder's personal pilot ever since.
She isn't sure, but she thinks he allowed her to make the deal due to her pheromones getting to him, or her persuasion skills. Or, maybe it was a combination of the two. Being a man of his word, he didn't back out of the deal, admitting or no if she got to him. Whatever the case, he's not letting her off the hook just yet.
Personal Ship: KST-100, currently impounded.
Hmm... let's see...
First, a note on subjectivity: He is very resistant to those sorts of charms, but I'm perfectly fine with her thinking she charmed him. He on the other hand would be satisfied in the knowledge that she didn't. ^_^
Perhaps it could be a topic of some debate... :D
From his perspective, he saw someone who could be reformed if given a second chance and who could help him take down the organization.
I'm interpreting his 1 Presence in combination with 3 Will as a sort of stony stoicism.

Quote:
After about a year, she ran across a Sector Ranger while she was on a job she had been forced in to. As all parties involved told the same tale, that she was flying on this smuggling run, using her own ship, due to her life being threatened, the Ranger wouldn't turn her in provided she pilot for him for a spell.
To make her keep her word, he kept her ship impounded, making her pay the storage fees so it wouldn't get sold.
As this was just another day of excitement for Miona, she took the offer - not that she could refuse - and has been the Kyuzo do-gooder's personal pilot ever since.
She isn't sure, but she thinks he allowed her to make the deal due to her pheromones getting to him, or her persuasion skills. Or, maybe it was a combination of the two. Being a man of his word, he didn't back out of the deal, admitting or no if she got to him. Whatever the case, he's not letting her off the hook just yet.
+
Truth be told, he's probably realized by now that while she was coerced into the smuggling job he caught her in, she was obviously doing it on her own before that. Now, she seems to like the do-gooder type of life as it too has it's own set of thrills and danger.
Changes I'd suggest, though not all would necessarily be known on her end:
Clarification: He was investigating the organization, and she was his entry point.
Clarification: He pulled strings to get her a pardon in exchange for her helping him bring down the organization.
Clarification+Agreement: He's realized by now (or knew all along) that she was doing it on her own, but he's pleased with the progress she's made on turning a new leaf and wants to encourage that. He also is of the opinion that he should try and get her to eventually agree to staying on as his crew, since if she doesn't get her excitement fix she'll likely fall back into crime.
Addition: She is still working with him partly because there are members of the organization who would be out to get her. Working with Espio allows her to both receive official protection and get her adrenaline fix.
Change: Her ship was impounded as evidence if she were to break the terms of the deal, but that time is now up. She is still paying for its storage, but could retrieve it at some point.

Thoughts?

Since we now have a pilot and an astromech, should we drop the Autopilot Droid Brain attachment?

And do you want any build advice? I have a couple thoughts if you're willing to hear them.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 11:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
So, uhm, I glanced over DriveThru, and they don't seem to have any Star Wars stuff! And looking at Fantasy Flight Games' site (I presume that's the right site) there's three different books, and then a beginner's guide? Which of these should I look at?
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 11:46 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
So, uhm, I glanced over DriveThru, and they don't seem to have any Star Wars stuff! And looking at Fantasy Flight Games' site (I presume that's the right site) there's three different books, and then a beginner's guide? Which of these should I look at?
Here are ALL of the careers and specializations in the game (currently)

https://star-wars-rpg-ffg.fandom.com...tegory:Careers

They are divided among the three, core books. The other sections are for Jedi and Clone careers, and Universal specializations anyone can take.

FFG didn't have a license to make PDFs, so I can't legally direct you anywhere to find them (also against forum rules).

Last edited by Superstrength79; Dec 23rd, 2020 at 11:47 PM.
Old Dec 23rd, 2020, 11:58 PM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
It's one game in three lines. Age of Rebellion has a focus on the Galactic Civil War, so Rebels vs. Empire, Edge of the Empire has a focus on the fringes, so bounty Hunters, mercenaries, smugglers, explorers, etc. Force and Destiny has a focus on Force-users and expands the game's Force system.
All compatible.

Then there's a beginner game for each line. The beginner game gives you a very slimmed-down rule set, some pregens, and a prewritten adventure. It's pretty good at introducing new players as it's a step-by-step tutorial, basically.

Because of how licensing works with EA and how PDFs are classified, FFG can't do PDFs. Any PDFs you find online would be pirated. There are various fan compilations that are legal, such as RLogue's Spec/Talent sheets: https://community.fantasyflightgames...talent-sheets/
(For the elucidation of future readers, this link will be dead as of February 2021)
Closed Thread