twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2020, 05:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Edited first post for application! Still WIP, tho. I'm not sure on the duty/morality/obligation stuff, or if it is something I need to be concerned with, or how it works in-game, hahah.
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 06:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12736
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Duty, Morality and Obligation are systems which help tie your character into the game world, each in ways specific to a certain type of character.

Duty is for characters who are in the military, or a similar organisation. By performing certain types of mission you increase your Duty score, and at certain thresholds you get access to cool new features provided by the organisation you work for.

Morality is for Force-users. It is a scale from 1-100 with 1 being a truly evil dark-side user and 100 being a zen light-side master. The GM can determine during gameplay if your characters actions would make your Morality shift up or down, and at paragon level (70+ for light-side or under 30 for dark-side) you get bonuses to certain powers.

Obligation is for everyone else. Is your character in debt to a powerful mobster? That’s an Obligation. Has their sister been kidnapped by a cult and they won’t rest until they get her back? So is that. Do they have a bounty on their head? That too.

Although all of these systems have been designed so that they can work together without stepping on each others’ toes, it’s all added paperwork and generally characters would only use one, which is generally determined by which book your career comes from. My guess is Mirabelle would fit best with the Obligation system. What her Onligation is is up to you. If you have access to the Edge of the Empire book, have a look there for the full rules and a bunch of examples of Obligations. If you don’t have access let us know and I’m sure one of us could copy some appropriate tidbits over.

Last edited by Lazer; Dec 27th, 2020 at 06:27 AM.
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 09:53 AM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
Edited first post for application! Still WIP, tho. I'm not sure on the duty/morality/obligation stuff, or if it is something I need to be concerned with, or how it works in-game, hahah.
Ah, the backstory looks great! :D

Obligation is basically just a matter of who do you owe what, and "owe" can take a number of forms, or even be something that the two (or more) parties disagree on.

You've already got a couple good candidates for a secondary Motivation in your backstory, like Cause: Slavery, or maybe some sort of Code (another type of Motivation).
But perhaps the Cause: Slavery could instead be turned into an Obligation, where you rescued "legally" held captives from slavery, but the organization in question put a price on your head or has some other consequence looming over you.
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 01:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Hmm! Responsibility and Oath both seem apt - She wouldn't break the law (at least, she hasn't been pushed there yet) but something that ties into the philanthropic or charity work, or yes, being anti-slavery, seems like it would be most apt.... I'll think of something, I wager! Thank you for the explanation, the text didn't quite convey the three very well or how which applied to what class.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 01:46 AM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2045
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Update: Setting the deadline to January 8th. There are some good apps here and I won't keep people waiting too long. If you haven't finished your application yet, please finish by then.

Last edited by Superstrength79; Dec 30th, 2020 at 07:51 AM.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 06:34 PM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
Update: I discovered the wonders of the Kyuzo Petars, and have decided to swap them out for the Vibroknucklers. I have also dropped the Autopilot Droid Brain since we now have both an organic pilot and an astromech, saving 6,000 credits.

@drachenspirit, you seem to have had a pretty rough week. Hope things improve for you soon. :)
Aside from feedback on my write-up for the shared backstory, do you have any ideas for naming the ship? I'm not that great at naming vehicles.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 08:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20667
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47Thunderbolt View Post
Update: I discovered the wonders of the Kyuzo Petars, and have decided to swap them out for the Vibroknucklers. I have also dropped the Autopilot Droid Brain since we now have both an organic pilot and an astromech, saving 6,000 credits.

@drachenspirit, you seem to have had a pretty rough week. Hope things improve for you soon.
Aside from feedback on my write-up for the shared backstory, do you have any ideas for naming the ship? I'm not that great at naming vehicles.
Yes, still rough. Can't see a DR until tomorrow.

Ship names... ?
How about...
- Harmony Saber
- Isobe Huntress
- Neimodia Siren
- Light Navigator
- And... that's all I got for now.
Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 03:32 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 276
Trae Trae Trae
I have not played the FFG variant of Star Wars RPGs, but I'm not against learning a new system for some good ol' fantasy/sci-fi action! I do even have a character idea in mind. I created one for a different game, but could probably find a means to reproduce the character here for bonus use! Short version: She's a Togorian Jedi Consular named Tehani. She's something of a scientist who's been researching the Force itself, attempting experiments to see what it can do. She can also act as a medic of sorts, using the Force to help with healing and such. Such things would of course depend on the rules of the system and I'd have to look through the books to determine how to make it work.
Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 03:19 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I have not played the FFG variant of Star Wars RPGs, but I'm not against learning a new system for some good ol' fantasy/sci-fi action! I do even have a character idea in mind. I created one for a different game, but could probably find a means to reproduce the character here for bonus use! Short version: She's a Togorian Jedi Consular named Tehani. She's something of a scientist who's been researching the Force itself, attempting experiments to see what it can do. She can also act as a medic of sorts, using the Force to help with healing and such. Such things would of course depend on the rules of the system and I'd have to look through the books to determine how to make it work.
All of those capabilities are firmly under the Consular career for the FFG rules system. Force healing itself is just a Force power that every character with a Force Rating can buy into, named Heal/Harm. Do you have access to the Force and Destiny book at all?

Healer

Sage

Teacher
Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 04:23 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Trae Trae Trae
I do have access to the books, yes! Just haven't read through them and will have to spend a few hours poking at character creation.
Old Jan 2nd, 2021, 07:20 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I do have access to the books, yes! Just haven't read through them and will have to spend a few hours poking at character creation.
Best place to start is make her as a new character with species starting XP. Spend the majority of that starting XP on characteristic increases (Willpower is important to Force casters) and after that is done, then think about spending the extra 400 XP.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 04:22 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Trae Trae Trae
Character Name: Tehani
right-aligned image

Species: Togorian
Career: Jedi Consular
Specialization(s): Healer/Niman Disciple/Sage
Motivation: The Cause of Knowledge: Tehani wishes to learn all sorts of new things about other galactic beings. She wishes to reconstruct a database about the biology and physiology of as many different species as possible.
Morality: 50
The Strength of Compassion. The Togorian simply feels that everyone could use a little help every now and then.
The Weakness of Obsession. Anytime Tehani gets a chance to study and research a brand new species, especially if there's little to no information about it, it'd take a lot to pry it from her claws.

Description: Tehani is approximately six feet tall, with almost pure white fur covering her felinoid frame other than the black tiger-stripe markings adorning her. She can primarily be found wearing simple light blue robes with a small Republic symbol of a healer on the front left breast with a larger symbol on the back. Piercing blue eyes take in the details around her, occasionally lost in thought or simply attuning herself to the Force.

Background: Tehani was discovered to be strong with the Force very early in life and was raised in the Temple until approximately 10 years of age. She was taken as a Padawan by a Jedi Knight who encouraged her natural curiosity to want to explore everywhere, always with the desire to learn more. Over time she found a specific interest in learning Xenobiology to be able to provide healing to those in need, as well as developing her own database on the various galactic races to aid in expanding knowledge. Ever since becoming a Knight herself, Tehani has been primarily world-hopping to experience all the different cultures available and documenting what she's allowed of the various races that can be found.

Link to character sheet: https://swsheets.com/c/aq51puo96-tehani (Includes XP and Credit Expenditure)

Last edited by Trae; Jan 5th, 2021 at 07:42 PM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 08:22 AM

Tools
User Statistics
@trae, where did you get species stats from? I did find this version on Spark of Rebellion though. The stat differences would require some reworking of the XP expenditures, since many of the characteristics are different. If you used baseline stats from an existing FFG species, please let me know which one (or if I am just having a brain fart and they actually exist in a sourcebook that I am forgetting).

Also, I've been told the +Defensive from Lorrdian Gemstone doesn't stack with Defensive Training, since the long version of the Defensive Training talent says "this replaces any ranks in Defensive the weapon already has", if that affects your decision to use it at all.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 10:09 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Trae Trae Trae
I got the species stats from the Complete Species Guide 6. Specifically the stats listed are for the female Togorian due to their gender culture differences. Slightly less strong, more on the smarty side.

Also thank you for pointing out that the long description of the Defensive Training talent. I did not notice those since I just read from the talent trees. I shall replace that lightsaber crystal.

Last edited by Trae; Jan 4th, 2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 10:13 AM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Also thank you for pointing out that the long description of the Defensive Training talent. I did not notice those since I just read from the talent trees. I shall replace that lightsaber crystal.
Make sure you always read the long text for your talents. Even if they seem straightforward, there can be additional clarification that makes you realize the talent operates differently from what you thought. I have seen much confusion from people not reading the full description.
Closed Thread