twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2021, 10:18 AM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2045
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
I got the species stats from <deleted>, the Complete Species Guide 6. Specifically the stats listed are for the female Togorian due to their gender culture differences. Slightly less strong, more on the smarty side.

Also thank you for pointing out that the long description of the Defensive Training talent. I did not notice those since I just read from the talent trees. I shall replace that lightsaber crystal.
Ah, please delete that link for that site though, we aren't allowed to share it on RPG Crossing.

Last edited by Superstrength79; Jan 4th, 2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 10:27 AM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 430
P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt P47Thunderbolt
You actually can't spend additional XP on raising Characteristics, only starting XP+Morality bonus.
So you could take +10 XP at starting to have 105 starting XP, then raise Willpower to 4 and Intellect to 3 (or vice/versa) for 100 XP.*
The only way to raise Characteristics after spending starting XP is to purchase the Dedication talent at the bottom of your talent trees. Because of this, you should always spend as much starting XP on Characteristics as you can.

*If you instead choose to raise Agility, Intellect, and Willpower for 80 XP, you'll save XP that can get you closer to a Dedication to raise Intellect or Willpower to 4. However, you may still not be able to reach it before the game starts without beelining it, and you can't get a 4 in both. Something to consider.

Edit: And you can't switch Negotiation to Cunning without a particular species ability, it should be Presence. Unless you have a talent or ability that allows you to swap Characteristics for a skill, you shouldn't change any of them.

Last edited by P47Thunderbolt; Jan 4th, 2021 at 10:29 AM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 10:55 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 276
Trae Trae Trae
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47Thunderbolt View Post
You actually can't spend additional XP on raising Characteristics, only starting XP+Morality bonus.
Such are the pitfalls of not fully knowing the game mechanics! This is presumably why the GM requested XP expenditure lists. I shall go back and revise this issue.

*The issue has been resolved. Hopefully there will be no further problems! If there are any other questions or comments, feel free to say anything.

Last edited by Trae; Jan 4th, 2021 at 11:22 AM.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 07:50 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
Approval announcements THIS Friday. If you haven't completed character expenditures (including making a log for XP spent) or posted anything since original interest post, you will not be considered for the game.

Last edited by Superstrength79; Jan 6th, 2021 at 07:50 AM.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 02:14 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 276
Trae Trae Trae
*Runs around in circles waiting for the announcement!*
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 02:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Good luck, everyone. :3

I also didn't give Mira a ship - I kiiind of assume that that lack of boon would carry to cost of travel, or should I still deduct some credits from her sheet?
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 03:22 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Exhausted exe
So out of curiosity, is the story gonna be about each player's own personal mystery merging into one big one, or just each of us investigating the same mystery from different angles/perspectives? Still 100% interested either way, just wondering
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 08:02 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhausted exe View Post
So out of curiosity, is the story gonna be about each player's own personal mystery merging into one big one, or just each of us investigating the same mystery from different angles/perspectives? Still 100% interested either way, just wondering
Individual stories to start, except maybe the Zeltron and Sector Ranger that are starting as a duo.

Not sure if I am going to do individual threads for that, or just use fieldsets as I do in other games. Example:

Player 1's locationStory for Player 1

Player 2's locationStory for Player 2

Individual threads might be less confusing for people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
Good luck, everyone. :3

I also didn't give Mira a ship - I kiiind of assume that that lack of boon would carry to cost of travel, or should I still deduct some credits from her sheet?
(Spoiler alert) For her thread, actually, I was thinking about a courtesy shuttle due to her background and starting NPCs.

Last edited by Superstrength79; Jan 7th, 2021 at 08:04 AM.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 10:09 AM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
Starting the players in completely separate locations and working them all together might be a bit difficult.
I'm not really a fan of splitting it into separate threads, but there are certainly difficulties with putting it all in the same thread.
I don't know what you have planned, but perhaps each player simply (with GM guidance) narrates to a specific location and we all get started once we're together?

There's also a question of why we're on Coruscant at all. As both a GM and a player, I'm used to the GM guiding the characters' integration. Is the reason we are on Coruscant entirely up to us, or are you going to tell us why we are on Coruscant?
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 11:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2033
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
(Spoiler alert) For her thread, actually, I was thinking about a courtesy shuttle due to her background and starting NPCs.
Cheers, that works for me!
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 12:12 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47Thunderbolt View Post
Starting the players in completely separate locations and working them all together might be a bit difficult.
I'm not really a fan of splitting it into separate threads, but there are certainly difficulties with putting it all in the same thread.
I don't know what you have planned, but perhaps each player simply (with GM guidance) narrates to a specific location and we all get started once we're together?

For a play by post format, the only way to handle separate locations are threads or fieldsets (or awkward horizontal rule breaks).

There's also a question of why we're on Coruscant at all. As both a GM and a player, I'm used to the GM guiding the characters' integration. Is the reason we are on Coruscant entirely up to us, or are you going to tell us why we are on Coruscant?
I think short intro threads for everyone would be best. Roleplaying to get to Coruscant should not take long, gives players a chance to develop their character personality a bit, as well as building the intrigue of the mystery.

The goal isn't to slam the party together right away, that would defeat the spirit of the genre in my opinion.

If you need an example, I can link you a game I am currently running where the players are all in different threads and it works fine (truth is that they aren't all together yet lol, but everyone gets to play).

Last edited by Superstrength79; Jan 7th, 2021 at 12:14 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
I think short intro threads for everyone would be best. Roleplaying to get to Coruscant should not take long, gives players a chance to develop their character personality a bit, as well as building the intrigue of the mystery.

The goal isn't to slam the party together right away, that would defeat the spirit of the genre in my opinion.

If you need an example, I can link you a game I am currently running where the players are all in different threads and it works fine (truth is that they aren't all together yet lol, but everyone gets to play).
Okay. It's a different style than I'm used to, but it should be fine. :)
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12636
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
I read this in the voice of that Imperial officer; "It's an older code, sir, but it checks out."
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 11:17 PM
Sentient Fighter Plane

Tools
User Statistics
Putting the finishing touches on Prok Espio:
Named his ship "The Hammer." It's easy for him to say (always important!) and reflects both its blocky shape and it's purpose as an enforcer of the law. Plus, it allows us to say things like "drop the hammer!" and that's always fun. :D
Finalized equipment and XP (no changes since the last update).
Finished up his backstory, including the GM-recommended reason for being on Coruscant.
Only thing left is a section regarding meeting Miona, which I was waiting on @Drachenspirit for since it involved his character and I wanted to leave him the choice of how she would behave in the situation.
Here's the comparison again, for ease of reference:

As he chased the ship, he began to suspect that the pilot was intentionally letting him stay on the Kestrel's tail. Making a pretty convincing show of running for it, but still allowing him to catch up. He managed to disable the ship, then docked and boarded in deep space. He took the smugglers captive without violence and then*
Or:
The pilot was too good and the ship too nimble, and Prok wasn't able to catch up or disable it with the ion cannons, highlighting his need for additional crew, crew who are better at piloting and gunnery than he is. Even though the ship escaped his first attempt, he managed to track it after it landed. After a brief firefight, he captured all of the smugglers alive.

*Yeah, I know it looks incomplete. It merges with the rest of the backstory there.

Last edited by P47Thunderbolt; Jan 7th, 2021 at 11:17 PM.
Old Jan 7th, 2021, 11:57 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Applications are now CLOSED

The following players have been accepted into the game:

Drachenspirit
P47Thunderbolt
Lazer
Verdant Glitter
Exhausted exe
Trae

These players, please head over to the game thread and start with the OOC thread to begin our game together.

Thank you to everyone who posted interest and applied.

Last edited by Superstrength79; Jan 7th, 2021 at 11:58 PM.
Closed Thread