TheYell TheYell TheYell
Have a great game folks!
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 08:06 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32027
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
I don't envy you that choice Begon. Great luck with the game everyone! There really were some amazing apps here, everyone should walk away proud.
Old Feb 8th, 2021, 11:38 AM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12971
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
An amazing group of criminals. I wish them a diabolically successful reign!
Old Feb 9th, 2021, 05:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6418
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Congrats to those who were selected!
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 02:05 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29485
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Applications open!Hey y'all!

We are in need of a new player in our quest of revenge. The party has escaped from Brandescar Prison and have entered into the service of Asmodeus at the behest of a mysterious benefactor. The group is currently undergoing training of the most unnatural kind. They are currently 2nd level and are probably needing someone of the healing persuasion.

If you're the dedicated type, more role than roll player... please join us in the mayhem. Please be aware this is a thinking person's evil campaign. No murderhobos, no sexual violence. Any questions please let me know!

If you want to check the game out: Way of the Wicked

Current Party:
Elanir/ Ten: Monk
Chrystrom/ Moriah: Witch
BlueJack/ Barr: Investigator
Tahril/ Juliet: Cavalier
MoonZar/ Baltar: Sorcerer
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Crixious Crow, Former Heir to the Lordship of Crowhaven
Race: Human
Class: Oracle - Juju (or Bones if Juju is not allowed)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Background Trait: Reactionary
Crime: Grave Robbing

Last edited by triedtherest; Sep 7th, 2021 at 09:38 AM.
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 05:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 571
FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor
Hmm... This is interesting.

If I may ask, which classes do you have in mind when you say "of the healing persuasion"? Are we talking Cleric and/or Oracle, or are any classes with cure spells fair game?

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 06:53 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29485
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Clueless DMGreat question... and the honest answer is I'm not 100% sure! I'm still learning pathfinder as I go but what I would say is come up with a character that you want to play. If it has some healing ability, great... but don't think that we are looking for a heal bot. That's what wands are for I guess
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 09:43 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65
Ryumancer
Hmm.... i kinda want to go Iron Caster here, just because 'Martial, but can somehow Brawl their way into pseudo-magic' is pretty out of left field, but 1/day or 2/day Cure Light Wounds isn't very heal-y, and it takes awhile to acquire more uses of that... Since UMD is needed for the Item Mastery feats, it does kinda lend itself to out-of-combat wand use, but UMD for a noncaster is super high DC at low levels.

...Wonder what other weird options have healing available...
Old Sep 6th, 2021, 10:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6418
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
App complete!

Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Lucan Conciatus, Deacon of Asmodeus
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class: Cleric 2 (Asmodean Advocate)
Crime: Blasphemy
Traits: Fiendish Confidence (Religion)

Personality:
Supremely confident, arrogant, cunning, and charismatic, Lucan is a man who knows what he wants and feels entitled to it. Born into wealth, he feels he is inherently better than most people and thus the world is his for the taking. He has been naturally talented at everything he has done in life to this point, which combined with a diligent work ethic and a passionate desire for success has brought him much good fortune so far. He enjoys a proper barter or negotiation as he sees it as a battle of will and wits, and delights in finding loopholes or taking advantage of others who were too foolish to understand the subtleties of the deal they were involved in. Lucan is a proud and somewhat envious man, who sees others with more and wants to earn the same for himself and gets irritated when there are roadblocks to wealth and fortune. Raised in the faith of Asmodeus, Lucan is a zealous follower of The Prince of Law (as he likes to call him - he doesn't consider himself nor the worship of Asmodeus evil) and through his faith and ambition hopes to achieve the highest position within the Church of Asmodeus as he can achieve - a cardinal would be lovely, but can you imagine him as the Grand High Priest? Although he loved his parents, his emotional maturity is too low to fully absorb their loss, and although he thinks of them fondly he has shown no remorse for time lost nor mourning for them. Their loss was simply bad business for him, as now he was without funds or pedigree. He is fully aware of the honor aspect of it though, and for that reason has sworn to avenge their deaths.

Appearance:
Lucan Conciatus is a lean, extremely handsome man of average height with thick wavy brown hair and a well groomed handlebar mustache with a small triangular beard under his lower lip. His eyebrows are well groomed and on a delicate brow, and his brown eyes are warm and friendly looking. He has a thin regal nose and delicate cheekbones, with a strong jaw and a slender neck. He wears the latest in noble finery, favoring scarlet red and gold jewelry, and stands with an elegant poise to his demeanor.

Last edited by Grouchy; Sep 10th, 2021 at 09:27 AM.
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 12:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3053
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryumancer View Post
...Wonder what other weird options have healing available...
How about a Sorcerer Because you haven’t seen healing till you’ve seen a Phoenix Sorcerer juggle flaming spheres to give her party fast healing.

Or a rogue perhaps? Well any class can do it, but rogues get skills focus and signature skills for free anyways. And if you do a deep dive you’ll find that with the right feats (and maybe a little chicanery through faith healing) a “magicless” healer can out perform any Cleric.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; Sep 7th, 2021 at 12:12 AM.
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 02:51 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31714
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
There is a sorcerer already in the team… just saying lol
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 03:36 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 571
FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor FCastor
It has been a while since the last time I played Pathfinder 1E and the sheer variety of class and build options can cause a bit of indecisiveness.

Maybe an Alchemist...? He does have healing, at least some of it, and more than a little utility I think.

Besides, I do believe I find the idea of an intelligent and well-mannered man, albeit perhaps a little condescending and a bit too sure of his own intelligence, who, should the situation require it, is not above indulging in the simple joys of tearing flesh with tooth and claw... well, more than a little fun. Worry not, he will most certainly wipe his hands and mouth afterwards. After all, manners maketh man.

Chirurgeon (though not sure it is worth it) or Beastmorph (seems very much worth it) alongside Vivisectionist (never liked bombs really) is an interesting combination of archetypes.

Decisions, decisions...

Edit: By the by, and at least as far as I can tell now that I checked the game a bit better, the team seems to have two frontline melee combatants (Ten, Juliet), a skill monkey with alchemy and a bit of healing (Barr) and two arcane spellcasters geared more towards support and debuffing with a bit of healing (Baltar, Moriah). So, other than healing, may I ask the players if they have preferences mechanically speaking? What do you feel would complement the group?

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FCastor; Sep 7th, 2021 at 04:15 AM.
Old Sep 7th, 2021, 12:47 PM
Fork! Knife! Spoon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24960
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCastor View Post

Edit: By the by, and at least as far as I can tell now that I checked the game a bit better, the team seems to have two frontline melee combatants (Ten, Juliet), a skill monkey with alchemy and a bit of healing (Barr) and two arcane spellcasters geared more towards support and debuffing with a bit of healing (Baltar, Moriah). So, other than healing, may I ask the players if they have preferences mechanically speaking? What do you feel would complement the group?
Well since you asked and since you listed it out as you did...We do have a 'bit' of healing currently although our witch would be thrilled to use her limited spell slots elsewhere. She was only keeping one CLW available in case the cleric/oracle went down. Our Alchemist also provides some level of healing ability, so we do not need a 'dedicated' 100% healer necessarily, but perhaps someone who can bring a decent level of healing to the party along with other fun . But your list of our party's capabilities does make it look like we might need someone who can bring the blast to the party. It would appear that currently we do not have the big cannon blaster type.

Now this is just my opinion, one player in the game, and based on your break down of our current characters. Really we are a group more focused on the Roleplay and relationships between the characters and we figure out a way to survive with what roll play resources we have on hand when that comes up.

+
Old Sep 8th, 2021, 08:16 AM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4712
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
[fieldset=Mortagon Verí]

"The Loss of One Can Save the Many"
What He Is
Name: Inquisitor Mortagon Verí
Character Sheet: Here (mostly complete)
Race: Skinwalker (Coldborn)
Class: Inquisitor (Infiltrator)
Alignment: Lawful Evil/Due to his Misdirection (Sp) from Inflitrator, can choose what alignment to detect as each day. Typically chooses Lawful GoodLawful Good
Background Trait: Wharf Rat
Primary Crime: Desecration
Other Crimes: Heresy, Murder, Blasphemy
Diety: Explained in backstory, but to summarize:
Mortagon was a worshipper of Mitra and in many ways still considers himself a follower. That said, he has chosen to sacrifice his soul and embrace Asmodeus so that he may act as the a purifying agent -- purging the bloated, corrupted Church of Mitra until they return to a more pure faith. Nevertheless he still hopes that perhaps one day his soul may be forgiven for the evil he has embraced in the line of duty (as he sees it).
Asmodeus...and Mitra (in a sense...)

What He Is
Background and RP:

Personality and Appearance:

Extra Notes!
So! Just me rambling about how this character works so you don't have to decypher that from my character sheet alone.

First off, Skinwalker Coldborn. Because of Extra Feature, every time he transforms he gets to pick 2 bestial traits. He can choose from Bite, 2 Claw, 20ft Climb Speed, and 30ft Scent (any combination thereof). This allows him to optimize for whatever situation he needs: 3 natural attacks mitigates the impact of low BAB, Scent is fantastic for tracking individuals as well as dealing with unseen targets or ambushes, and the use of climb is obvious. Better still, the transformation is only a standard action, and detransforming is a swift action, so he can adjust as necessary on the fly.

He's also a Divine Caster. One of the benefits of Infiltrator is that he can ignore alignment restrictions on his spells, which means Good spells are on the table! Yay! Ofc CLW was taken, as was Protection From X (good, in this case). Heal skill is also native, and with Wisdom as the key ability score it's quite a healthy stat. He can casually meet most uses of Heal without a sweat, and having the Stabilize cantrip further helps that.

One of the biggest parts of this is that he presents to anyone trying to detect his alignment as whichever alignment he decided for the day, typically Lawful Good, and has a hell of a good bluff due to getting to add his wisdom bonus to it (and decent diplomacy due to the same bonus). This means that while he's not kitted to be the party face, he is the party's best bet in dealing with religious figures or getting into places where most of them could not.

Then there come the judgements. These are lovely little boosts that help round out his kit to fill any need for whatever role he needs to be in. More attack/damage, more DR/defence, more healing, etc.

He's built to be a bit of a toolbox, able to fill in holes wherever needed. Need an auxillary tank? He can do that. Need auxillary DPS? He can do that too. Need someone to get into somewhere difficult? He can do that. Need healing? Absolutely. Etc.

He will never be the best at any one thing (except climbing...while using the climb speed he can passively hit the DC to climb across a ceiling), he can switch-hit for whatever situation the party finds themselves in while able to provide consistent healing (up to 3 CLW/day at this level).
so this didn't end up nearly as janky as I expected, other build I had in mind couldn't work until level 5, sadly, and was literally non-functioning beforehand.

Last edited by Alphaeus; Sep 13th, 2021 at 09:07 AM. Reason: typos :)