RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 29th, 2021, 03:12 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8521
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
So Crime might be a little tricky for my application. The character has committed many crimes but what he is in jail for and what he has most experience with is different. There is even the fact that his most common practised crime does not have a true equivalent within the current list. To that end might I have your opinion on the matter Begon Ugo.

Attempted Murder is the closest existing Crime Trait, linking the Doctor's Experiments to Attempted Murder even though that isn't what he was trying to do.

That said, these experiments were unknown when he was arrested; the reported crime being a suspected spy which would fall under High Treason.

Of course neither of these speak to the true character of the Doctor who's true crime would be Illegal Experimentation and Drug Production, currently unlisted crimes which, if allowed, might provide such a criminal a +2 trait bonus to Craft (Alchemy) checks. The likely Punishment for these would be Death by Beheading.

What do you think would be best?

Last edited by taleteller50; Jan 29th, 2021 at 03:43 PM.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 03:13 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy View Post
I'm going to rework mine a bit so my PC is a little bit less creepy.
What's wrong with Creepy
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 04:03 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
TheYell TheYell TheYell
@TaleTeller50

HG Well's generation would have known Doc as a "Vivisectionist", but I see that's a specific archetype of Alchemist.

In modern day America, unauthorized surgery is charged as Battery, but deliberately crippling somebody is Mayhem.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 04:14 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29485
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
So Crime might be a little tricky for my application. The character has committed many crimes but what he is in jail for and what he has most experience with is different. There is even the fact that his most common practised crime does not have a true equivalent within the current list. To that end might I have your opinion on the matter Begon Ugo.

Attempted Murder is the closest existing Crime Trait, linking the Doctor's Experiments to Attempted Murder even though that isn't what he was trying to do.

That said, these experiments were unknown when he was arrested; the reported crime being a suspected spy which would fall under High Treason.

Of course neither of these speak to the true character of the Doctor who's true crime would be Illegal Experimentation and Drug Production, currently unlisted crimes which, if allowed, might provide such a criminal a +2 trait bonus to Craft (Alchemy) checks. The likely Punishment for these would be Death by Beheading.

What do you think would be best?
You would be charged under the crime you were arrested for and that is the crime you would gain your benefit from. So in this case, High Treason.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 04:24 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12564
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Ok, Verity is ready for review.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 04:54 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
TheYell TheYell TheYell
Don't see anybody offering a Rogue and went with that.

I'm aware a Monkey Goblin is going to be an social outcast but playing sidekick is still fun.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 05:24 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Begon Uno Doc should be ready other then his character sheet but I assume you aren't looking for that just yet.

Last edited by taleteller50; Jan 29th, 2021 at 05:25 PM.
Old Jan 29th, 2021, 10:31 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31714
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
right-aligned image
Name: Duke Baltar Korador (The Shepherd)
Race: Human
Class: Oracle of Asmodeus (I will choose mystery based on the group composition)
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Background Trait:
Primary Crime: Slave Trading
Other Crimes: Slavery, Murders

Party role: Face, Healing, and Businessman.
Homeland: The Cambrian Ports
Family: Alfred Korador (grandfather), Vordamir Korador (father)
Master: Asmodeus

House Korador was born through greed and at the expense of others. It began ten generations ago, long before Baltar was born, in what was once a well off merchant house that plied their trade across the southern port and islands. Their ships sailed the waters collecting spices, silks, and various riches sold in the continent's greatest cities. For generations, trade was good; they even elevated themselves as a noble house and their land expanded to the point of becoming a duchy. However, little by little competing merchants combined with heightened pirate activity whittled down the assets and the decline of house Korador began. The head at the time, Duke Alfred Korador, Baltar's grandfather, began to resort to more unsavoury business methods in an attempt to save his house. What began as a little smuggling here and a bit of bribery there slowly began to escalate as profits began to return to the house. Alfred managed to create a massive smuggling network, most of the illegal goods such as drugs were touched by agents of the family. Power and wealth corrupted the businessman even further when Alfred associated himself secretly with the clergy of Asmodeus to take over the slaves trading on the continent. Leveraging Korador's smuggling routes, the clergy could now rely on a continuous flow of slaves into their illegal market, most of them located underground, on remote islands or in foreign lands. This organization became known as The Blight.

Alfred became more wealthy than the king at some point. His only failure was his son, Vordamir Korador. His heir was dump and a drunkard. It became quickly evident that he would lead the house to disaster after sinking his own sailing ship by manoeuvring foolishly in shallow water. The young heir spent most of his time in brothels and taverns instead of learning how to run the family affair properly. Blood been blood Alfred stubbornly hoped that his son would improve and become a worthy successor. A fatal mistake for the great house Korador. Vordamir has a lot of batards children, but only one worthy heir from a legitimate marriage. His name was Baltar Korador, and be became Alfred favourite very early on. The patriarch of the family had a long life, but in his last years he became sick. Vordamir saw this as an opportunity, and took over the house and The Blight by force. Alfred's life was spared at the condition that he retired from the family public and business affairs. Though the old fox still had one card to play to save his house by raising a worthy successor.

Vordamir slowly but surely guided the family to his doom, while Talingarde squashed The Blight and the clergy of Asmodeus one step at a time. Baltar was raised in wealth and tasted all-mighty power early on in his life. Ignored by his father most of the time, his grandfather Alfred took him discreetly under his wing and taught him everything he knew. He introduced Baltar to former associates that helped him learn real experience in several humble roles in The Blight. He participated in smuggling deals, sell slaves in foreign lands. He spent most of his youth travelling and became an exceptional businessman who knew very little of violence first hand as an army of thugs and murderers was dealing with nuisances for the family.

Baltar had a lot of freedom since his father didn't care about him. He led a hedonist life for most of his young adult life. Keeping for himself the most beautiful slaves, collecting them like objects of art. Enjoyed the purest drugs and the most exotic food. Accumulating exotics items from the four corners of the world. Life was good! Ohhh he enjoyed dominating others, in particular women. Not through violence and chain, but with cunning manipulations and words. Most of his slaves under his influence stayed willingly over time and served him without questions.

Ironically Alfred's father, Vordamir, died before his grandfather. A rival organization assassinated him. Alfred could do little about the family's disastrous affairs at this point, and Baltar ignored that his family was ruined all along. Desperate on his death bed, Alfred revealed his last secret to his grandchild Baltar. All along he was a dark cardinal of Asmodeus, since he put together The Blight. He explained to Baltar where to find other clergy members that are hiding or on the run. More importantly, he also told him the location of a secret shrine in the family castle dungeon. In there he should be able to find his most precious unholy possessions. Baltar was shocked, but quickly this all made sense. The slave market, The Blight, the alliance with Asmodeus minions. It all felt natural that his grandfather was one of them. Without realizing it, he as well followed Asmodeus' teaching by becoming a slaver.

Unfortunately for Baltar, he didn't have the time to investigate his unholy birthright. The king's knights were already at his castle doorstep and took the fall for his family crimes. He was captured. Tortured in the king dungeon for a while, but didn't sell out what he learned about Asmodeus faithful. He lost everything, his title, lands, castles, and worst, his lovely slaves who defended him were slaughtered in front of him. When they were done with interrogating him he was transferred to Branderscar Prison pending his execution for slave trading.

Lord Baltar was obviously upset, he barely had the time to digest his family downfall that he was about to die. Yet, he never lost hope and began to pray Asmodeus, waiting for a sign or an opportunity to get to work in his name like his grandfather did before. He didn't have an unoriginal idea like becoming king or dominate the land, his desire was to become the greatest slaver of all time... The greatest human collector! Not by accumulating a ridiculous number of slaves, but quality over quantity. A collection that would make the devil of hell, jealous.

PersonalityBaltar is a calm, and charismatic individual. He carries himself with an air of confidence no matter the situation and rarely loses his cool. His attitude towards others is that of a social gentleman, in particular with ladies. Baltar treats all those he meets with respect so long as they show him the same whether they are a slave or a noble. He actively makes time to get to know those he associates with and encourages them in their goals and aspirations as the pursuit of pleasure and greed lead people in the hands of Asmodeus sooner or later. Baltar enjoys culture, particularly music and acting. The company of the cultivated slave and individual delight him.

When working, Baltar is a gentleman but displays tactful skill in negotiations and social maneuvering. Beneath his social mask, Gerard is cunning, ambitious, and driven in his goals to create a new world order. He carefully invests in people just as much as he does in businesses in order to foster future opportunities and alliances. His business tactics vary depending on the situation, but he is not averse to using less savoury methods as a last resort to achieve result.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	asmodeus-small.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	89328  

Last edited by MoonZar; Feb 7th, 2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old Jan 30th, 2021, 03:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6418
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Snaps, the criminal enforcer and hired muscle, is now complete.
Old Jan 30th, 2021, 02:13 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29485
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Hello all!

Just to clarify, and to help with the applications: I am not looking for characters that are evil for evil's sake. There will be quite a bit of roleplay and intrigue to work through so your character needs to be a team player or at least goal oriented and not a chaos addict.

As always, if you have any questions please ask.
Old Jan 30th, 2021, 02:43 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32027
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
I was actually thinking this about my app I think I need to make a point to show a bit more of the lawful I’m my characters lawful evil. I might revisit the concept a bit.
Old Jan 30th, 2021, 02:45 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31714
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Hi Avner! We cross path again.
Old Jan 30th, 2021, 02:48 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12564
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Same. I only show Verity as being an engine of chaos due to the trauma she experienced, but this is only one aspect of her character (manifested when she rages). I'll add some more to flesh out what she is like the rest of the time.
Old Jan 30th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Fork! Knife! Spoon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24960
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
From out of the shadows, Moriah has now appeared in all her dark glory.

+
Old Jan 30th, 2021, 03:27 PM
Sane in an insane world

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1591
SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC SelfAwareNPC
Mycroft is complete.

And for the record, Serial Killer is a Vigilante archetype.