RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 16th, 2021, 08:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
It's interesting to see applications based solely off of the personalities of players. Glad to see this is still underway.

Seeing the cast of other members of House Ejlvajn was also quite entertaining.
Old May 17th, 2021, 09:13 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4978
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
Yeah, I thought it changed up the dynamic a little bit. Thanks for the positive input!
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation
Old May 22nd, 2021, 10:54 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
I dunno if this format was better, worse, or no change but it certainly gave me a lot to work through. I tried and retried a bunch of different selection methods but in the end I mostly fell back on giving newer players a chance and gut instinct. I wanted to take a few more but, honestly, I don't have the bandwidth. You're all pretty darn groovy. If replacements are a necessary evil, I'll reopen this thread with preference given to the original applicants. Thank you all so much for your interest and may all your games be excellent!

Without further ado, welcome to the House of Ejlvajn:

Balthazzar
Thorolf Vitki
Brian
GeneT
Sorcerious

Feel free to head over to the game thread, introduce yourselves to each other if you haven't already, and get started building your characters.

Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation
Old May 22nd, 2021, 02:04 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75443
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Have fun in the game, you well-deserved winners!
Old May 22nd, 2021, 10:28 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23136
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Congrats to the chosen few! Enjoy the creepy house...

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Update 20/08 - Online fatigue starting to hit. Poke me if I am being really slow!
Old May 29th, 2021, 11:33 PM
Definitely not a robot...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Jacobzilla Jacobzilla
Congrats. Sorry I didn't get my rp sample in soon enough. I thought it was open until June 7th.

Just for completionist purposes Llordaeron's birthday party in the magical house hadn't gone well. He had never been out of the floating city he was born in. He also had never seen a woman before and spent most of his magical experience in wonder at these strange creatures. It hadn't stopped him from lighting an alchemical stench infused candle in the bathroom however and getting in a fist fight with the boy stuck in the toilet.
On a happier note he had fallen in love with a girl named Sarah at the party. At first she wasn't impressed with his prank. Years later, after he became the master of the floating city, they reunited and he took time off from his duties to adventure with her properly.
As their love grew Llordaeron eventually let time take the city he grew to loath and lived out his days in a verdant prarie he had freed from bandits. The house he lived in was a rustic log cabin built with minimal skill and maximum love. His small victory on the prairie paved the way for his son Alastor to eventually prevent an apocalypse.
Llordaeron had outlived his elvish wife to his families surprise being an average appearing human. He hadn't dealt with her death well however and spent the life he had left grimly brooding in a way his own father had. Alastor's memories of him are tainted by this, only dispelled by Llordaeron's second battle with a new bandit group keeping the prairie sacred. He lost his life in this war. The last word from his mouth was "Sarah".

Last edited by Jacobzilla; May 29th, 2021 at 11:58 PM.
Old May 30th, 2021, 07:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Oh yeah, congrats to those selected!

I'll just continue being a poor urchin, window shopping and dreaming of better days.
Old May 31st, 2021, 04:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 522
L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught
Remember me as I am, filled with jealous rage
Old May 31st, 2021, 07:12 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75443
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0stTh0ught View Post
Remember me as I am, filled with jealous rage
lol...

"Not as I will be, hiding in your attic waiting for you to get home."
Old May 31st, 2021, 11:02 PM
Pathloser

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki Thorolf Vitki
I'm very sad that I missed my chance, but I will be keeping up with this game. I hope you all have a great time.
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 11:22 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Hello everyone! Welcome back to the House of Ejlvajn!

Unfortunately and for various reasons, we've had a bit of a shuffle in the Foundlings cast. The group has found itself short a member and they'd like your help making the party whole again. If you'd like to read up on their current adventures, be sure to check the game thread linked in my signature.

The party lacks healing and help on the front line. I'll be recruiting one player, hopefully to fill those roles. For this round of applications I'll do something a little different from previously, so follow this format to apply:

ApplicantName:
Race:
Class:

Physical Description:

Personality:

I ask that you don't delve too deeply into your character's backstory, yet; to fit the current narrative I have to slot you into a specific role. We'll discuss that privately if you're accepted.

I'm going to run the group through the next combat encounter but being a first level group that shouldn't take too long. I hope to have this application process done within the next two weeks. Be sure to check back with the original post for setting information and any special rules.

Thanks for your interest and happy gaming!
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Is there anything, a specific role or type, that you're looking for?
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 04:33 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icereach View Post
The party lacks healing and help on the front line. I'll be recruiting one player, hopefully to fill those roles.
Thanks for the interest! Does this clear things up?
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 12:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
D'oh! That'll teach me to read on my phone! And yes, thats great. I have a concept that I've been toying with. Do you allow the Words of Power option for PC's?

Applicant - WIP
left-aligned image

Name: Harri Keogh
Race: Human
Class: Oracle (Dual Curse)

Physical Description: Dark haired and with a rough facial stubble that woild indicate that he has not yet learned to shave properly, Harri is a young man with delicate features, slender to the point of appearing frail, he is much stronger, and far more resilient than he first appears. Has a series of wounds that look as though they have not healed (Curse), and even when he has access to more expensive "fancy" garments, prefers to wear sensible and conventional clothing.

Personality: Introspective and prone to daydreams, Harri was a ripe target for bullies, who saw him as an easy victim. Whatever he did to stand up to them made him much stronger than he used to be, but also made him almost afraid of his new strength, but with a desperate urge to protect those who cannot protect themselves as he knows how it is to feel powerless and afraid! He can sometimes be found talking to himself, though he claims he is just "Thinking aloud", and he holds a great respect for the dead. When circumstances force him to fight, his attacks are jerky, but frequently hit true, as though something that he doesn't entirely trust were guiding his movements...

Last edited by triedtherest; Sep 11th, 2021 at 04:30 PM.
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 12:45 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
I do not allow Words of Power, no. I get the allure, though. It's a cool looking concept. I like where you're going with the character.