RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 11th, 2021, 04:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Do you need anything more at present?
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 05:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Ah, what do you know! The mysterious doors of House Ale-Wine have returned to sweep away another lucky, young orphan! I sure hope I get chosen this time.. because double the disappointment might just kill me!

ApplicationName: Issani
Race: Drow
Class: Cleric

Physical Description: A young and slight Drow elf with charcoal-black skin and fiery-red eyes. Her willowy form is a bit lanky and quite bony. Long, white, and straight hair falls to her hips; it's a bit stringy and unkempt but manages to provide her with extra warmth that her dirty rags fail to provide. Her facial features are angular, yet soft and disarming. There is an exotic beauty to be unlocked, were she to be cleaned up and well-fed.

Personality: Quiet and meek at first, Issani prefers to observe the situation around her and think before she speaks. While she would like to think she is not afraid to speak her mind, time and again experience has taught her to curtail herself. She is afraid of confrontations, physical or otherwise. Some might think her cowardly, and perhaps that may be true in part. The reality is there is a gentleness to her - one that she has been forced to hide so she may survive.

Last edited by DrowNinjaPrincess; Sep 11th, 2021 at 05:35 AM.
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 11:20 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4978
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
@triedtherest: I would like you to expand the Description and Personality sections to a paragraph, so I can have a better idea of your writing style.

@drowninjaprincess: Welcome back! I'm glad you're still interested! I'm going to be honest with you on this one: this game has pretty much cemented my aversion to letting players I'm not familiar with play as drow. This is entirely on me for not updating the Races section in the original post. I hope you're still interested in the game, but I ask that you choose a different race.
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 04:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I've added to my application, let me know if you'd like me to add more.
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 04:44 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach Icereach
That's what I was looking for, tried. Thanks!
Icereach#8108 | Gost, a campaign setting | The House of Ejlvajn, a module compilation
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 05:51 PM
Read It With A Smile!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30850
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
right-aligned image

Name: Bakku
Race: Tengu
Class Structure: Cleric
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Shizuru

Description:
Bakku is a Traveling Theosopher, offering sermon and services for accommodations along the way. His tengu heritage meant he grew up in a slum with scavengers who squabbled over scraps and had little in the way of aspirations of any kind, much less ecumenical leanings. Shizuru was a way out for Bakku. He found a monastery and began training with his exotic weapons and reveled in the discipline of martial practice. It was many long years honing his skills and strengthening his body before his master encouraged him to seek knowledge beyond the walls of the monastery. So he decided to travel and spread the word of his faith.

To him, Shizuru and Iomedae are extensions of each other. He sees the differences but chooses to admire the similarities and at relishes that even if they are different gods and not just avatars of each other, they are walking the same path and serving the same doctrine. Using Scrivener's Chant Bakku makes copies of religious texts on Iomedae and Shiva and gives them out so that people can compare the stories and choose for themselves. He prefers Shizuru but knows that the gods are aligned and accepts them both.

Bakku wears a unique style of armor with fabric patterned in dramatic water scenes with anthropomorphic carp wielding katanas leaping out of the water and attacking from above as they are framed in the sun. The ceremonial silk armor is covered in hexagonal plates of metal. The plate on the chest is emblazoned with a stylized katana over a sunburst.

His helmet is a hex cap molded to his scalp with silk hanging down around the back of his neck from ear to ear. There are small hex plates covering the flap around his neck and there is a small hooded lantern built into the front of the helmet. The glass was broken long ago, but it has a door that is pinned open.

The tengu is slight in stature, yet he favors a tanto style single edged blades that comprise his daisho, the katana and nodachi. Additionally, the bird man wields an outrageous weapon. It is a long, slender shaft of metal with a mass of thick studded plates at the end. Made of steel, the tetsubo is a cross between a morningstar and a greatclub and to witness something on the wrong end of it is a sight to behold.

Bakku is a chatty fellow, without much worry about life and the troubles it brings. He seems to be blessed with the security of faith and believes that whatever happens today will resolve itself enough so that tomorrow will come. And that while it is comforting to know that tomorrow will come, it is rewarding to live for today.

Last edited by Gath; Sep 11th, 2021 at 06:02 PM.
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 05:58 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome back, Gath! Thanks for still being interested!
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 06:01 PM
Read It With A Smile!

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah! Still looks interesting!

Last edited by Gath; Sep 11th, 2021 at 06:02 PM.
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Huzzah! Bear in mind that his backstory would change significantly to fit the existing story, but as I said, we can work on that if I bring you in as the replacement.
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 06:14 PM
Read It With A Smile!

Tools
User Statistics
I'm aware of this. You asked for just a description, so there it is. Tengu cleric, neutral good. Completely malleable and ready to adapt to your world!
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 06:18 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Sweet!
Old Sep 11th, 2021, 10:59 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Galileo10
Howdy! Before I full start thinking out this character, I just wanted to ask for a little clarification. When you say "The party lacks healing and help on the front line", would that mean you are looking for specifically a character who is primarily a healer and less of a frontliner but still has those capabilities, like a cleric? Or would you also be ok with something more along the lines of a paladin or warpriest? I will apply regardless, I just wish to know a little bit more.
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 10:30 AM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
The party has one frontline fighter, a brawler, and no primary healing whatsoever.
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 12:14 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Galileo10
Gotcha. Thanks for the info!
Old Sep 12th, 2021, 12:19 PM
Occasional Otyugh

Tools
User Statistics
Sure thing! Thanks for being interested!