Information Competition rules and rules queries for Outplay 2021 - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > Outplay Arena > Outplay 2021
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 22nd, 2021, 02:27 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28838
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Keep it as is, if you want to use the random race.
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 03:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1170
Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters Born of Monsters
Are we intended to include the explicit mechanics for SMs in the stat block, or just a... sort of thematic description, with the idea that the GM adjudicates bonuses or the like? I assume the latter, but wanted to check. Interesting system you've got here.
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 04:18 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
You do not need to, and it’s probably better not to list specific mechanics for adventure gear and Signature Moves. Buff spells are the one exception, deciding if they grant a Bonus or an extra 1d6, effecting 1 ally per success, such that your team can work together to take advantage of the Buff on the same day of posting. Otherwise, the Buff will apply and be noted with the next GM update. That has already been clarified though with most players as applicable during their initial mechanical review.

Last edited by Bhelogan; Jun 23rd, 2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 11:30 PM
Dragoonies never say die

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18426
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Will the secret tags be lifted before the start of round 1? I'm very interested to see what everyone came up with.
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 11:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2772
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy
That’s a good question… and will the characters be anonymously voted in, or taken to round one by the judges’ scores alone?
Old Jun 24th, 2021, 07:46 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Secret tags will be lifted when Round 0 comes to a close this Friday the 25th.

There will not be a public vote on Applications this year. There will be a judge's vote.
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 06:23 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40076
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Rules query: Suppose a character casts Invisibility (a Known Spell) in order to sneak past some guards. Would you try to roll ABOVE your CN (because you're casting a spell) or BELOW your CN (because the key action is physically sneaking around the guards)? Or do you get to choose?
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 06:55 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekidnu View Post
Rules query: Suppose a character casts Invisibility (a Known Spell) in order to sneak past some guards. Would you try to roll ABOVE your CN (because you're casting a spell) or BELOW your CN (because the key action is physically sneaking around the guards)? Or do you get to choose?
For Outplay, I would just have this be one roll, rolling High for the spell. We are having you make just one roll/action per post.
Old Jul 4th, 2021, 12:31 PM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10222
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
I've got another technical question: will we be allowed to post more than once per day? Of course everyone would roll only once, but they could post earlier (to coordinate their actions?) or later (to respond to something being said/happening), or just whenever for added role-playing.

I don't see how could be a problem, but I DO see the judges being busy enough managing 1 post from everybody to add this as well (which, by the way, is also the reason why my description was way under 1k words!)
Old Jul 4th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepanxol View Post
I've got another technical question: will we be allowed to post more than once per day? Of course everyone would roll only once, but they could post earlier (to coordinate their actions?) or later (to respond to something being said/happening), or just whenever for added role-playing.

I don't see how could be a problem, but I DO see the judges being busy enough managing 1 post from everybody to add this as well (which, by the way, is also the reason why my description was way under 1k words!)
No, we are sticking with the one post limit with a 1 hour duration allowed for edits.
Old Jul 4th, 2021, 06:22 PM
fundamentally useless

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10222
stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol stepanxol
Ok!
Old Jul 4th, 2021, 06:29 PM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27929
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Thanks for clarifying that rule on number of postings.
Another question: will we be able to see the posts from this in our bracket or are they secreted? If, for example, Player A posts three hours after the prompt goes up, can Players B, C and D see that post as they prepare their posts?
Old Jul 4th, 2021, 06:43 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Posts in game are not in secret. You will have visibility of your thread and the other group in your bracket. What you won't have visibility of is the other two brackets threads until the end of the week.
Old Jul 5th, 2021, 12:28 AM
What canst thou say?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27929
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Is there a word limit for Round 1 posts?
Old Jul 5th, 2021, 01:56 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
Is there a word limit for Round 1 posts?
No