RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 13th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31614
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
I will probably apply.

What is a tech sphere? Is that really useful in a world without electronics?

Last edited by MoonZar; Sep 13th, 2021 at 09:08 PM.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 09:15 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23426
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
I will probably apply.

What is a tech sphere? Is that really useful in a world without electronics?
Existing tech is almost all destroyed but there are parts everywhere to craft new stuff from unfried bits. Tech Sphere is from Spheres of Might: http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/tech

- Lord Byron
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 09:26 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Thats a lot of reading. Can i just apply with the previous player build? Where is it please?

Last edited by MoonZar; Sep 13th, 2021 at 09:26 PM.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 09:28 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
You can apply with your own. Tech sphere is not a must. I merely mentioned that the guy who did have it left.

- Lord Byron
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 09:31 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Ok thanks, will apply with something more simple, what are everybody else classes please?
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Samurai, Armiger and Fighter are left.

Here is the character thread for review: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...98#post9195798

- Lord Byron
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 10:15 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks thats helpful.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 10:16 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
What is the best way to build a Medical doctor since there is no cleric?
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 10:55 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
There are a few ways.

Tech Sphere has access to some healing. Alchemy Sphere is another way. There is the Heal skill and there are ways to optimize it to be quite effective.

- Lord Byron
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 01:39 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Dr. Yoonah (윤아) Jin (진)
Nationality: Korean
Profession: Neuro-surgeon, Taekwondo and Yoga instructor
Race: Human
Class: Monk 3
Intended Role: Doctor that can kick!
Alignment: Neutral Good

Height: 5'8 | Weight: 110 lbs
Hair: Black (Dyed brown)
Eyes: Brown
Usual Attire: Used to be into lady-like fashion at night, and suit at work. Yet these days jeans and ankle boots are the way to go!

Introduction
Visiting Chicago for working with a famous world-class neuro-surgeon, Dr. Jin's didn't expect that her journey to America would be a one-way trip into a nightmare. She settled down in the windy city and focused on her science, with not many interactions with the strange American culture that is much different than what she knows from Seoul. Yonnah is living in Lincoln Park, 1224 W Webster Ave Apt 3F; it's near downtown and the Northwestern memorial hospital where she is performing miracles and saving lives with her magical hands.

When the crisis began, Dr. Jin and most of the medical personal in town thought they were dealing with an epidemic. She never made it to the hospital as her fancy Maserati was stalled and uncooperative because of the EMP phenomena that stroke the world. Driven by her duty as a doctor she tried to make it to work with her bicycle, but chaos and so many people in distress prevented her to go far from her home. Things went from chaos to hell when some zombie started to rampage into town, quickly she went from saviour to prey. On the run, since the zombie apocalypse started she managed to survive with her wits, finally finding refuge in Lincoln Park Highschool until a group of locals claimed her hideout for themselves after crashing their truck into a bus. Their stunt, unfortunately, attracted a lot of zombies and her hideout is now in jeopardy.

right-aligned image
Appearance
A bit 5'8tall for an Asian and skinny for In Korea she has the ideal body type, but in USA people would say she is skinnyAmerican standards, Yoonah is fit like an athlete thanks to more than a decade of jogging, Taekwondo, Yoga and hitting the gym. Her balanced diet and centred mind make her a healthy specimen of the human race. Korea is one of the most superficial places in the world, women are under a lot of pressure to fit the standards of beauty. She has pristine skin, been borderline vampiric to keep her skin as white as possible. Korean makeup style focuses heavily on skin first look. It ensures that skincare is always the focus and the stress is always on looking youthful and getting a glowing skin. Korean women are well known for their dewy glowing skin and the way they do makeup further accentuates their glowing skin. Yoonah adopts this ritual religiously every morning, except on surgery day. Without a doubt, Dr. Jin is a pretty young lady, but not a super model material either.

Personality
It won't come as a surprise that Dr. Jin has nerves of steel and in control of her emotions. She is not particularly kind, been pragmatics in how she approaches problems and people. On the fast track to becoming a leader in the field of neuroscience, the only point she needs to work on is to be more empathic when dealing with her patients. She can easily tell a patient that he's going to die in the following month with the same expression she would say I love you to her mother. It hides a lot of repressed feelings. As the eldest children of a couple of doctors who own private hospitals in Korea, the pressure for performance was enormous since she is born. A lot of her feelings and desire got buried, which complicate her personal relationships with family, friends and boyfriends. That been said Yoonah has a strong moral, she would never hurt someone unless it's necessary to save her life or others. Dr. Jin won't put the lives of others before hers believing she is a precious resource for humanity survival, but won't hesitate to take calculated risks to save people.

Goals
1. Find a cure for the Zombie condition that she believes can be broken by her science
2. Communicate with her parents in Korea, and return home one day

Secrets
Secrets block

Relationships
Mark Grey: Her mentor and head of neurosurgery and science at Northwestern memorial hospital. He's twice her age, and kind of a paternal figure that she trusts without question.
Erika Davis: A competitor at work in the neurology department. She is ambitious and hates Yoonah. Not pretty, Erika ends up often in Yoonah's shadow since the Korean joined the hospital. The two women are often fighting, but at least respect each other talents.
Nick Brown: Her landlord. He is a military veteran that owns a couple of building in Lincoln Park. He has a thing for Jin, but she doesn't reciprocate his feelings. Still, he was a good friend and helped her to settle in Chicago.
Jinho Jin: Her father, a general surgeon that became a powerful figure in Korea by creating a medical empire
Chae-Yeong Jin: Her mother, was a competent cardiothoracic surgeon in the shadow of her husband.

Mannerisms, or Quirks
Pretty, but snores loudly
Left-handed
Used to be a neat freak. Her current dirty state drives her nuts
Unrational fear of insects and bugs

MechanicsTraits (2 max +1): Trained Medic, Trustworthy, Honored fist of the society
Drawback (1 max): Entomophobe
Flaw (2 max): Lightweight

Feat considered: Self-Sufficient, Skill Focus (heal)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	doc3.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	92484   Click image for larger version

Name:	doc4.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	92485   Click image for larger version

Name:	boots.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	92486  

Last edited by MoonZar; Sep 14th, 2021 at 09:45 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 07:20 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Let me know if it's enough, thanks.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 07:40 AM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13707
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Samurai, Armiger and Fighter are left.

Here is the character thread for review: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...98#post9195798
Speaking as the Armiger, Armiger is the least descriptive way to describe an Armiger.

Basically I'm a parkour archer survivalist.

And yeah, even with the rebalancing patch Leo made to Salve it's still one of the better ways to do a healer in a zero magic campaign. If you're unfamiliar with Spheres but willing to give them a try (they're only particularly confusing when the entire thing is thrown at you unprepared, much easier if you take the time or have a guide) then I'm fairly certain at least Leo or I would be willing to help you find something that works for you. There are several Spheres archetypes for Monk that trade out the more fantastical elements (Ki Powers) for spheres.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 07:49 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Hi there -

I read your character, sounds good. You are the kid.

I will probably skip the sphere thing if I can patch you efficiently with the heal skill hahaha

About the ki power, maybe Leo will be willing to simply allow me to change the description\flavor of those powers as something mundane instead of just removing them from the class. I think it's pretty easy to do.

For example an extra attack for a ki point, is pretty easy to fit in a mundane world without this been magic. That could be an adrenaline surge.

Cheers,

Last edited by MoonZar; Sep 14th, 2021 at 07:54 AM.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 02:07 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Some players unexpectedly returned, therefore, I will be taking only the one applicant who actually showed up. Welcome aboard MoonZar!

Applications are now closed.

- Lord Byron
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Queen of Mischief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7719
Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
I will probably skip the sphere thing if I can patch you efficiently with the heal skill hahaha

I totally feel you on spheres. PF is already complicated enough without adding that.
My first born, born male @ 1:43am 11 Jan, 2020 - 7lbs 3oz Luc (Luke) Ignatius (surname)
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!