RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 29th, 2021, 04:26 AM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4712
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Faerthal's Finest

Faerthal's Finest
A PF2e Game for 6 players

The Invitation
You scan the room, taking another look at those around you. You had arrived on time, but your host had been delayed...leaving you alone in his expansive library with five others -- you assume they received similar invitations to you. You had some time with them before the host finally arrived, but still had the feeling that there was far more to learn. Nevertheless, he finished pouring himself a drink, setting the fine crystal decanter back on the edge of his desk. It tinkled softly, the sound consumed by the aging tomes that lined the walls, as if another bit of history to add to their pages. The sun was setting, sending burnt ochre beams inquisitively through the motes of dust hanging lazily in the summer air to caress the shelves. The towering windows lining the wall to your host's left cast him in stark lines, contrasted sharply by the weighted shadows of the rest of the room. No servants had arrived to pull the viridian drapes, leaving the heavy velvet tied back with glimmering golden cords...and all the sconces unlit.

Your host smoothed back waves of auburn hair from his angular face as a graceful hand lifted his tumbler to his lips, the amber liquid inside catching a sunbeam to cast a momentary chiaroscuro across the wall. The lines of his porcelain features are sharp and smooth, framing a set of mist green eyes that spoke of weary age and harsh experience out of place with what you would assume. White formal attire seems casually yet precisely fitted to a willowy frame over two meters tall, gold threads woven throughout as if to imitate the evening's light. His posture is relaxed but erect, leaning on the front edge of his desk to face those he had assembled; his gaze, however, is piercingly intense -- never once wavering as it met the eyes of each person in turn.

He broke the silence after finishing his drink, a voice as smooth as the silk couches upon which you were seated playing upon your ears. It was deeper than expected for someone seemingly as slight as him, surprising you ever so slightly. "Welcome. Please, feel free to request anything you like." The man flicked a finger towards the silver bell sitting on the table near the group, then continued speaking.

"I promise it won't disturb me if you ring it while I'm speaking... and I presume there will be questions as well. Though you may or may not think of yourselves this way, I have selected you as Faerthal's finest -- the best specimens this old city has to offer: best, at least, for the task at hand. The unfortunate fact, you see, is that this city is mouldering. It has been old for quite some time, but of late this is not mere age. The veneer of order has begun to crack, and truth be told I do not believe it would be in anyone's interest -- or rather I should say any sane person's interest -- to let those cracks spread until the veneer itself is shattered. I've taken it upon myself to have the lot of you assembled before me become a sort of task force, devoted to tracing each one of these cracks back to its source and finding how to stop the spread...and, if possible, repair the damage that has already been done."

He paused to refill his drink, turning back to offer a smile that was, somehow, chillingly warm. "Now...what do you say to that?"

Faerthal -- The Setting
Faerthal is a homebrew city that will be the setting for the entire campaign. It is a large, sprawling city that was founded thousands of years ago as a fishing village upon the coast of the Galen Inlet and Kernt River, which then developed rapidly upon the discovery of the pearl industry. It has seen many rulers and many overlords -- it currently holds a position as an independent city-state, enjoying an age more prosperous than ever before. The cutting edge of alchemy, artifice, engineering, and magic combine to sustain the thriving metropolis.

The time period is solidly Gilded Era -- enterprising folks are tampering with steam and coal to create fantastical machines without the help of magic, while rumor has it others are looking to bottle lightning itself to power new inventions. Gunpowder does not exist in this setting -- the need for such an explosive is moot when alchemy has already filled that niche.

The city, like most of its kind, has developed quite the underbelly. A widely known destination for its advancements and wealth, it has drawn all manner of residents to the point that it takes something extraordinarily rare to even draw attention. Humans were the founders and remain the dominant population, as tends to be their habit, but it is a narrow majority at best. Nearly every other person you meet is non-human -- many mingle without regard to race in the city, although many others cling to little slivers of their own cultured carved out of the thrumming masses. The last census had the population at a solid fifty thousand residents...and that is assuming the count is right (which is most likely is not).

The Finest -- The Players, Characters, Etc.
Who you are:
You will be playing as a group of individuals assembled for a purpose you would have only discovered in the meeting detailed at the beginning of this ad. You would have received either a message or messenger, telling you where to go and offering intrigue and coin, both in sizeable amounts. There would not have been a signature, merely a seal of a snake coiled around a central pole as if climbing it. You can be from any social class, background, etc. that you wish. You must have been in the city long enough to be feasibly a local -- this means you could be part of a founding family or have immigrated when you were young. You can be of any social class and career you choose.

What you are:
This campaign will be accepting all character resources from the PF2e SRD (ala Archives of Nethys) -- nothing more, nothing less.

1) Campaign specific material is allowed, just check with me for reflavoring as necessary.

2) Nothing from the 2e SRD is banned -- anything not on there is not allowed. This includes 1e conversions.

3) We will be using Dual Class *AND* free archetype rules. Please feel free to reach out for any technical questions.

4) We will be starting at level 9. Progression is DM fiat, based off of what makes sense IC.

5) This campaign will have plenty of Roleplay and rollplay. Please note that I do affect your rollplay in accordance with your roleplay -- meaning sufficient roleplay can get you bonuses (bonuses on rolls, extra gear/gold, etc)...or net you losses.

6) Related to point 5 -- this is a dynamic world. Your actions have consequences, this will function like a real city. You can't just start a fight in a tavern in most areas, nor can someone in ragged clothes just roam the streets of the high-end sector. Individuals talk about their lives to each other, which includes the party. Factions and families have different ties and affect daily life. Tl;dr this is going to be a living world (within reason, I am a mortal, not a computer)...keep that in mind.

7) This is intended to be an active campaign. I will attempt to find a pace that suits all my players -- I am personally capable, however, of updating multiple times a day. Keep this in mind.

Application Guidlines:

Final Important Notes:
I homebrew my settings, and in previous editions (DnD3.5e and PF1e) did piles and piles of homebrewing. I've got tons of experience in it and use it liberally in places where it makes sense. Now, what does this mean for you? Well, this means that if you convince me it makes sense and won't break something, I'll be more than happy to bend rules, make allowances, adjust requirements, etc. For example, Alchemical Sciences methodology for Investigators only lets you do elixirs and tools. I'd be happy to potentially swap those for, say, poisons and tools. Lets say you wanted to take Red Mantis Assassin Archetype and regular Assassin Archetype. I'd say waive the usual requirements of two archetype feats before taking another since they're both assassin. My homebrewing, in this regard, tends to be little quality of life that just lets my players achieve what they want. Give me your most absurd creations and if a few pieces don't work, I'll be more than happy to try to make it work.

Lastly, RPGxing does not appear to have integrated PF2e sheets yet. For this purpose I would highly recommend using Pathbuilder 2e. The app contains nearly all features for free (pets being the notable exception) and can greatly streamline mechanics. You can also share the sheets to me through PMs via links. That said, I will accept any character sheet that is in a clean, easy to read format that allows to me easily and quickly peruse stats, feats, gear, etc.

About me:
Aside from what you've gathered, here's a bit about the DM you're signing up with. I have...well, years of experience with RPG systems, most specifically DnD and Pathfinder. I've been involved in and/or running sprawling text-based RPGs since I was 15...and though not particularly old I'm now a married man with joint issues. I have a partially documented homebrew world (read: spread across scores of papers and pdfs) that is quite expansive and inclusive -- it is in this that I run all my games. For the sake of this campaign we're just focused on this one little city, so I won't bog down players with meta info they don't need. I personally have a passion for writing outside of the RPG world and carry that into my games, hopefully to the pleasure of my readers. When it comes to games themselves, my passion as a DM is bringing the world to life -- I want my players to get lost in the nuances and happenings of the realm I create for them; I want to plant their characters and watch them take root and flourish into all the wonderful things they can be. As for more personal info, I work an office job from home in the cybersecurity field, have a lovely wife (but no immediate plans for children), and a passion for all things art...but most especially food/drinks.

Last edited by Alphaeus; Sep 21st, 2021 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Updating that bland, basic request ad with some juicy goodness
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 04:42 AM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Deadline:

@Everyone:

Alrighty, getting a good chunk of applications, will probably be aiming for a deadline on the 15th.

Applications will be closed then. Anyone who has already applied (AND actually started work on a character) will be given a bit of leeway to wrap things up, but that is something I will set after looking things over on the 15th. Aim to be fully done by then!

Important Notes, Announcements, and Ongoing Information (Aka, you really want to read this):
RELICS!
I was debating if I was going to wait to say this after we started, but realizing it can drastically affect character choices....

Everyone gets 1 item that is also a relic

Importantly, any item that is used as this relic will be at a 50% discount off the final, total cost!!!!

Now, how do relics work?

At this level you get 2 minor abilities, 1 major ability. You can mix and match freely from any TWO sets of gifts. These will be the gift options you are permanently locked into.

These abilities will be in addition to the base traits of the relic (be it a weapon, armor, or other item) but must be compatible (some abilities specify they are weapon only, for example).

Dual Class and Free Archetype Rules
1) You progress both classes at full speed. Dual Class Rules Here

2) Free archetypes grant you archetype feat slots for free, yes. You can still swap out additional class feat slots voluntarily. Free Archetype Rules here

MONEY
@everyone:

Failed to note this, but we will have standard gold for the level -- 1600 gp. No restrictions on how this is spent.

Last edited by Alphaeus; Sep 8th, 2021 at 05:19 AM.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 08:49 AM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1296
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin
Super excited to see a pf2 game on here, and I love your writing style. The setting seems really interesting too.

Will post an application as soon as I discover who my character is. they’ll probably be some kind of ranger/rogue thing.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 04:59 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1189
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Viya
left-aligned image

Name: Viya Welkenska
Classes: Sorcerer (Nymph Bloodline) / Bard (Maestro Muse)
Archetypes: No thanks
Ancestry: Kitsune
Heritage: Empty Sky Kitsune

Personality: Viya does her best to maintain an air of allure, mystery, and grace, knowing that the combination of those three qualities can give a person a great deal of power over others just through the imposition of certain expectations and anxieties. If one manages to penetrate that facade however -whether through befriending her or simply piling up enough shrewdness to see past the act- one would find a dedicated trickster and swindler with a broad sense of humor and a carefree personality. She's a dedicated friend who would put herself and all of her resources on the line to help a friend in need, though she is somewhat wary of strangers and cautious about placing too much trust even on people that she likes. She is not above using charms and other manipulative spells on others, even those who she trusts and works with frequently.

Likes: Flirting, tricks, pranks, con-jobs, cheese-sauce based pasta dishes, rabbits, cats, green dresses, tight pants, heels, rain, people who take hygiene seriously
Dislikes: Wine, priests, guards, rich people, industrialization, criminals with crude methods, fighting, dogs, people who eat loudly, small denominations of money, outfits which require tape, tomatoes

Appearance: Viya, as a kitsune, has multiple forms:

The first of which is her natural state, which is as an anthropomorphic red fox with five big bushy white-tipped tails and yellow eyes. She's slender, with subtle curves and long legs which in this form end in digitigrade feet. She clearly doesn't do much exercise as she has little muscular definition.

The second is her usual appearance and also her favorite, as a fair-skinned human with striking blue eyes and hair the same color as her natural form's primary fur color, with some white hairs appearing around the fringes. Her body shape is as described above, minus the digitigrade feet and tails, obviously.

And the third is a relatively normal, small fox, again with 5 tails.

Character Background: Viya hails from a country far away and with simpler practices than the wonderous city of Faerthal, where she finds herself now. She doesn't remember most of her childhood except that her parents, she thinks, were quite nice and treated her the way that parents should treat their child. Unfortunately her comparatively idyllic childhood was interrupted by a war in her home country which displaced her family and sent them running as refugees. For a few years that was how her family lived, moving from place-to-place trying to find anywhere that they could comfortably settle down, with no luck. By the time she was a young adult she Viya found herself relying more and more on cunning, subterfuge, and her looks to put food in her belly, as her parents couldn't always manage to scrounge enough up for all of them.

During this time she developed a friendship with another young lady named Ywona, who similarly struggled to get by -mostly relying on her looks and the relative generosity of older, wealthier gentlemen to feed herself. The two of them went to each other to escape the stresses of the day and bonded over mutual hardship, and eventually their relationship developed into a romantic partnership. Ywona and Viya had mutually reinforcing senses of humor and contrasted in just the right way that they had immense chemistry, and for a while it was looking like this could be something that lasted the rest of their lives.

War isn't that nice though. Soon enough the war caught up to Viya, her family, and Ywona where they were. In the chaos of people attempting to flee the city in the face of advancing armies Viya attempted to find Ywona so that they could escape together with Viya's family, but the other woman was nowhere to be found. She searched high and low, all the places that she knew her lover might go, and couldn't find her. She took so long that her family were forced to leave her behind and she was trapped in the city when the armies descended upon it.

The only people who didn't leave the city were either those like Viya who had attempted to but hadn't made it in time, those who were foolish enough to think they'd be better off staying, those who couldn't afford to leave, and those who thrived in the chaos. Criminal elements exploded in power in the city while the government were busy fighting in the streets with their foes, and Viya found herself juggling between avoiding areas of heavy fighting, evading becoming the victim of some horrific crime, and endearing herself to one or the other of the armies within the city. She never found out what happened to Ywona, but to the present day she finds comfort in the hope that she might still be out there.

During the time when the city was a battlefield she fell in with one of the smaller gangs who plied their seedy trades in the city's booming criminal underground, lending them her skills to pull off all sorts of odd jobs. There wasn't a crime that she didn't find herself involved with to one degree or another, whether it be petty theft, arson, or murder (Never directly in the killing of course, she simply performed periphery tasks to streamline the process of getting in and getting away with it), she saw it all. Even after the fighting died down and easy opportunities to escape the city presented themselves, she stayed; Not because she wouldn't prefer to be somewhere else, but because she started to bond with the gang that she was in, even getting into a relationship with the gang's leader, who was an older man named Stefan.

The leadup into their relationship was incredibly casual and initially there wasn't much going on between the two of them romantically, Stefan and her had simply found themselves in bed together over the course of a lazy night in the hideout and from then on that was their relationship. For a year or so that's just how things were, Viya committed an assortment of crimes and kept the gang in good standing with the armies who were still stalemated in the area. One day while Viya and Stefan were alone together enjoying each other's company, Viya let slip a simple "I love you" in the heat of the moment and got a reaction that she didn't expect. Stefan's face became an impenetrable mask and he simply stood up, got dressed and left her there. Viya didn't know what was happening but obviously being abandoned in the midst of such intense emotions left her an absolute wreck. After a long cry, she got up, dressed herself, and went to go find him, and to her surprise she found a note outside the door to the room they'd been in which told her to meet him by the river.

Viya of course, did as she was told, wanting to talk to him desperately about what had happened. She went and found Stefan by the docks, just as stone-faced as he'd been when he had left. She poured her feelings out to him, all the while his expression never changed, until suddenly his face burst into a cruel grin and he gestured for the rest of the gang to emerge from the shadows. The sound of all the people she had previously regarded as friends laughing and mocking her for her confession is something that she'll never forget, and the humiliation that followed was immense; The exact nature of the cruelties heaped on her by the gang-members don't bear repeating, but Viya took the next opportunity that she could to leave the city.

She traveled long and far, until she made it to Faerthal and settled down there. She quickly carved out a niche for herself, dancing, swindling, and flirting her way into the money that she needed to survive, and eventually got good enough at these crafts that she was able to begin thriving in the city. That's been the status quo for most of a decade, and by now she's quite comfortable playing her part in the urban ecosystem, though now she shuns involvement in out-and-out crime, preferring trickery to make her wages over anything unlawful.

Last edited by CMRawles; Aug 29th, 2021 at 08:18 PM.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 05:22 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
@CMRawles:

Just a reminder that the campaign will be dual class. If you do not wish to take a free archetype I am fine with swapping those slots for class feats.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1189
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
@CMRawles:

Just a reminder that the campaign will be dual class. If you do not wish to take a free archetype I am fine with swapping those slots for class feats.
Oooh yeah, I forgot that while I was building the character. I'll adjust what I've built and update the application appropriately in a little while.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 05:31 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6093
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Oh man, I want to join, and I think I have the time to join the game, but I don't have a character who'd be a good fit for this setting.

Would anyone be interested in having a savage pet/slave/hired muscle/bruiser? 'Cause I sure got a character along those lines I'd like to bring out, but on his own that wouldn't fit.

I'll keep thinking up some more sophisticated form of barbarian in the meantime all the same, I'd just throw that out there.
Old Aug 29th, 2021, 07:35 PM
Not a gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1296
Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin Vicorin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
Would anyone be interested in having a savage pet/slave/hired muscle/bruiser? 'Cause I sure got a character along those lines I'd like to bring out, but on his own that wouldn't fit.
Character Iím drafting up wouldnít keep a slave, and wouldnít have hired guards, but how about a life debt?

Iím still putting my character together, but my thought is that heís a criminal conscript into the military, veteran of a foreign war. Now, disgusted by the evil he saw on the streets and in war, heís become somewhat of a local monster hunter, trying to use his skills to help people for a change.

Perhaps they met in war, fighting on opposing sides, but my character saved your life, possibly defecting or deserting to do so. Swearing to repay the debt, youíve been traveling with me ever since.

The nature of our relationship is up to you. The debt could already be paid off and weíre just fast friends and partners now. You could not like me at all, but feel honorbound to stick around. Itís up to you, this is just my initial idea. We can change it to anything you want.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 05:22 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1093
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
I have never played 2e but it looks interesting and the setring/game looks awesome. Would an Oread Champion (Paladin)/Cleric (Cloistered)or Sorcerer (Elemental) of the Crystalline Queen be possible?

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Aug 30th, 2021 at 05:43 AM.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 03:46 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiRedHair View Post
I have never played 2e but it looks interesting and the setting/game looks awesome. Would an Oread Champion (Paladin)/Cleric (Cloistered)or Sorcerer (Elemental) of the Crystalline Queen be possible?
Oread is only available as a heritage -- take whatever base race you wish and apply that. The actual ancestry+heritage system is interesting and mostly boils down to flavoring yourself more along the lines of the heritage rather than the ancestry. So PF2e doesn't technically have playable "full" Oreads per se, but you can get close.

As to the classes -- if it's on the 2e SRD (again, Archives of Nethys is the most complete SRD), then yes. And all those options are on there. Also remember the free archetype -- you could take a sorcerer archetype on top of the Champion // Cleric build...or be even more creative.

Lastly, being new -- I've found that if you have experience with PF1e it is quite easy to transition, although much more stripped down than its predecessor. The economic system was adjusted (loosely by a power of 10, but not precisely scaling like that), but otherwise the only different concept is the way archetypes work as a combination of class archetypes and prestige classes.

I'd strongly recommend using Pathbuilder 2e if you're new since you create a character, select the options (dual class + free archetype), and then as you make selections it automatically shows you the options you qualify for based on class, skill masteries, level, ancestry, etc. The free one should suffice, but I personally paid the one time fee just so that I had access to the few features it didn't include. If you choose a mount as a divine ally that's one of the things the free one doesn't include. Alternately, of course, you can just delve into the rules and/or I could assist in creating a character sheet that worked for you in a private session.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 06:13 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6093
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicorin View Post
Character Iím drafting up wouldnít keep a slave, and wouldnít have hired guards, but how about a life debt?

Iím still putting my character together, but my thought is that heís a criminal conscript into the military, veteran of a foreign war. Now, disgusted by the evil he saw on the streets and in war, heís become somewhat of a local monster hunter, trying to use his skills to help people for a change.

Perhaps they met in war, fighting on opposing sides, but my character saved your life, possibly defecting or deserting to do so. Swearing to repay the debt, youíve been traveling with me ever since.

The nature of our relationship is up to you. The debt could already be paid off and weíre just fast friends and partners now. You could not like me at all, but feel honorbound to stick around. Itís up to you, this is just my initial idea. We can change it to anything you want.
I can live with owing a life debt, I have some ideas but before I had it out with you is like to hear from @Alphaeus if doing a more primitive character would cripple my chances of making it into the game... I can see it might.
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 01:22 AM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
I can live with owing a life debt, I have some ideas but before I had it out with you is like to hear from @Alphaeus if doing a more primitive character would cripple my chances of making it into the game... I can see it might.
Tbh you could fully make this character independent and it be fine. There are many reasons why a more primitive person would end up in the city, likely working in a metal forge in Iron Park. There is also the Cat Bowl agricultural district -- you could well be a rough and tumble cattle rancher (or employment of your choice) that has almost never gone inside the city walls.

I'm also chill with interconnected characters, simply always advise people to proceed with caution about just how intrinsically they're tied, since if one gets accepted but not the other it makes matters hard.

Last edited by Alphaeus; Aug 31st, 2021 at 01:23 AM.
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 01:56 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Thanks. I will.come up with an application. I will not do a lot of work on the character sheet until I know I am chosen. I have wasted work before with other games. It would be good to create the character with you if thY is possible and you have time: I would learn the system better.

Old Aug 31st, 2021, 03:07 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Application complete
left-aligned image

Name: Nunys the Badger
Classes: Barbarian (Spirit Instinct) / Cloistered Cleric of Sairazal (Earth)
Archetypes:Sentinel/Mauler
Ancestry: Human
Heritage: Oread

Personality Nunys is a quiet and thoughtful man, with a love of solitude, peacefulness and nature. He likes simple things, and is especially fond of those with enthusiasm and curiosity about the world around them. This means that he is gentle and calm around children and those who are committed to peace. He loves nature, though he is not sentimental about it, and enjoys sitting quietly in the orchards of the Abbey and reading or just taking in the sounds and sights of nature around him. He is slow to anger, though his anger is spectacular when he does lose control. He has a quiet, but effective, leadership style and this has been one reason for his recent promotion. He underestimates himself as a leader, but is growing into his role as a commander.

Likes: Reading, Thinking, Training, Gardens and Forests, Bread and cheese, Caving, Ale
Dislikes: Those treat others badly, those who treat nature with disrespect.

Appearance: Nunys is 5' 8" tall, heavily muscled and moves in a ponderous but assured way. It is clear from his movements that he is aware of those around him and that those he assesses as being a threat, he prepares to deal with. In this way, he is like a badger in behaviour, and this is one reason his men call him 'The Badger' as a result.

Up close, he has dark skin, black hair with a white streak (another reason for the Badger nomen) including a neat carefully trimmed beard, and eyes so dark brown that they could be black. On his left cheek is a small patch of what appears to be granite, there are others on his back, right thigh and left shoulder. The eyes, when you meet them, are solemn and filled with interest. They are a mismatch with the impression you gained from afar.

He wears the robes of his order (white with a black crystal over the heart), a bronze torc on his left arm and carries a war pick when not in armour. In battle, he wears field plate, and the Order's surcoat over it, and carries a Fauchard as well as the war pick. The plate is of an archaic design and is clearly a relic which has been passed to him by his Order.

Character Background: Nunys was left on the step of the Abbey of the Crystalline Queen in the Cat Bowl area of the city within a few hours of his birth. The Temple is a small one, led by an Abbess and with 8 brothers, 4 sisters and 50 lay people, who farm the area around the abbey which is right up against the edge of the Bowl. They run a small hospital and maternity home, produce mead and cider for sale and manage their land with sustainability in mind. There is also a commandery of the Order of the Crystal. Led by a Knight Commander, with a Knight Officer, 5 Knights and 20 Sergeants, this small group of warriors provides security above ground, but also guards a door between the caves in which the Abbey grows mushrooms and the UnderDeep and patrols the caves beyond to reduce the enemies that exist there.

Nunys's mother had clearly seen the granite outcrops on his body and decided that she could not cope with bringing up a demi-human so had brought him to a place where he would be safe and given a chance to grow and develop. He was taken in and looked after by some of the nuns slowly growing up and learning to live as part of this religious community. At the age of 8, he began to take an active part in the community as an acolyte and began to be educated as a priest. He was a good student, but as he grew into puberty he started to become more violent and angry. The community decided to get him to join the Sergeant's in their training as this would help him learn to control his feelings. This was very successful - by the age of 12 he was regularly winning tourneys with the other Sergeants, and by 15 he was studying as a priest but wearing the black robes of a Sergeant. His anger was being directed into the battle against evil and undead.

He continued to study and train, gaining the steadiness that the community had hoped for and slowly growing in skill and power. By the age of 18 he had been knighted (after saving the life of the Knight Commander when an ogre knocked her over in a fight in the caves of the UnderDeep) and had shown his ability to lead patrols of Sergeants both in the UnderDeep and on the surface. Now 21, he has recently been promoted to Knight Officer and wears the bronze torc of his rank with pride. He has grown into a formidable warrior, a erudite and well educated priest and a model citizen of the city, though one whose anger at the depredations of evil can erupt into violence.

When the letter arrived, he took to Alandra, the elven Knight-Commander, and showed it to her. She read it clearly then looked up at him."Interesting. Go along and find out more. Let the Queen guide your actions and all will be well."

Last edited by DebiRedHair; Sep 3rd, 2021 at 05:42 AM.
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 10:17 AM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebiRedHair View Post
Thanks. I will.come up with an application. I will not do a lot of work on the character sheet until I know I am chosen. I have wasted work before with other games. It would be good to create the character with you if thY is possible and you have time: I would learn the system better.
If you are on the RPGxing discord, feel free to reach out to me to coordinate a session to work on the char sheet then. I can do that whether or not you get accepted if you wish to learn anyway, or simply wait until you get accepted if you don't wish to risk wasting the time (which is totally understood, don't worry).