RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Aug 30th, 2021, 08:37 AM
Let's Be Strange

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4895
Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec
Dragon of Icespire Peak

GAME AD CLOSED
Game NameDragon of Icespire Peak
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeMission-based exploration
FlavourChilly uneasiness, societal nervousness
Plot Summary
WANTED

I am currently looking for two (2) adventurers who wish to take up the challenge of hunting down the rumors of a dragon out on the frontier just outside of Neverwinter woods.

If selected, you would be starting at Lv 3 and be joining the Shadow Team. There are already three members on the team and they're about to return from a quest and requested some more players join to refill ranks and get some fresh meat faces in the game.

Applications will close on Sept. 14th.

Game Name
normal image without text wrap
Dragon of Icespire Peak
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeAdventurers traveling the Sword Coast to gather the strength to take on a Dragon.
FlavourPublished Adventure, Job Quests, Survival
Game Summary

InfoWhat am I looking for?

We need two characters to join a current party of three. One of these players is an original applicant and two are from the second wave. All are awesome, talented, and need other storytellers of their caliber.

The current players have requested that we bring in a front-line character. If you can swing a blade, you will get a couple of extra points in your application. The decision of who to bring in will be a vote from myself and the three current players. We're not only accepting front-line characters, but we need at least one.

I ask that applicants be, like, chill and stuff, y'know? We're here to have fun, not prove something. Love to play, love the details, love telling stories. If you have these things, you'll have a good time here.

DetailsDetails
  • IMPORTANT: You'll be starting at Lv3.
  • Setting: Forgotten Realms - Sword Coast
  • Allowed Sources: Player's HandbookPHB, Dungeon Master's GuideDMG, Xanthar's Guide to EverythingXGtE, Sword Coast Adventurer's GuideSCAG, Tasha's Cauldron of EverythingTCoE. (Blood Hunter & Its on you to flavor it for Faerun. Remember, this isn't Eberron.Artificer are allowed. So are all official sub-classes.)
  • Attribute Scores: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, and 8 in any order you wantStandard Array or 27 point-buy
  • Alignments: No CE.
  • Gear: Class starting equipment and background gold plus 50gp
  • Pantheon: Forgotten Realms
  • Character Advancement: We'll be using milestones. You'll reach Lv6 by the game's end.
  • Multi-classing: Is allowed but limited to one. Main Class + Secondary Class. Also make it believable/PC-background relevant.
  • Post Rate: Minimum of 1/wk. Teams can set the pace if they want faster/slower, I will follow.
  • Factions: Allowed! I can easily weave side-quests into this game if anyone is interested in the various factions.
ApplicationsWhat do I want in your app?
  • Your typical app; Name, class, race, appearance, 5e background, two personality traits, ideal, bond, flaw.
  • Post a pic so I have tokens for maps, be sure to resize it to at least 250x250px, please.
  • A backstory that includes a few things:
    • Their story, of course
    • Their hometown here in Faerun
    • Why are they traveling?
    • What is their over-arching goal? {Their goal does not need to be within the confines of this adventure, this can easily be a stepping stone in their journey. But having a driving force often brings more life into the character, i find.note}
  • I would recommend against making a sheet right off the bat - though I can't honestly stop you either

Below is a template to help you get started.

Current Apps updated Sept. 14 2200 CST
Current Apps
User NameClassRaceStatus
triedtherest Sgt Hammer Paladin Half-Orc Completed
Onward Merci Bonnechance Bard Half-Elf Completed
Saratek Gerard Stormwind Hexblade Warlock Human Variant Completed
Pinotage Khala Vith Fighter Half-Orc Completed
Jasontheswift Halstaer "Handsome Hal" Vicnoir Fighter Half-Elf Completed
Desteplo Dupet of the Daylight Moon Wizard Forest Gnome Completed
OsmundCinderholt Maiele Tolas Barbarian Half-Elf Completed
BarrowB Zilezi Fistic Barbarian Mostly Half-Elf Completed
TPasq98 Joric Jassan Rogue Half Elf Completed
O2CXt3 Garpo Gladhammer Fighter Mountain Dwarf Completed
Still_Pond Gael Barbarian Human Completed
The Dark Star Jallen Oathboard Monk Feral Tiefling Completed
Lazer Anton Sheer Artificer Varient Humon Completed

QuestionAnswer
Are Custom Lineage or Human Variant allowed? Yes, though I expect your sheet to clearly list what is what.
Is Class Variant allowed?Yes.
Can I play Mystic? No. You can choose one of the official Psi subclasses but I'm not allowing Mystic.
What about {insert UA}?Send me a link to the WotC pdf so I can check it again. We can discuss.
Is {insert race} allowed?If it falls in one of the allowed sources above, then yes - otherwise no.
Do you allow DndBeyond Sheets?Yes, and I have a campaign set up for this game. I do not require my players use it and accept any form of character sheets, as long as I have proper access to view them.
Do you allow custom backgrounds?If they are mix/matches of existing ones as defined in the PHB, then yes. Complete homebrews - no.

Last edited by Lashiec; Sep 14th, 2021 at 10:24 PM.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 09:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I have a couple of front line characters from other games that went dark, but I felt deserve to "live again". I'd like to try to amend one of them which seems like the best fit.

The two characters are a Half-orc Paladin of Tyranny (who I have flavoured as a military drill-instructor/police - Soldier BG), and a Goliath Totem (Bear) Barbarian (who I have flavoured as a travelling prizefighter Wrestler -Entertainer BG).

Do either (or neither) of these sound like a good fit?
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Let's Be Strange

Tools
User Statistics
Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec Lashiec
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
I have a couple of front line characters from other games that went dark, but I felt deserve to "live again". I'd like to try to amend one of them which seems like the best fit.

The two characters are a Half-orc Paladin of Tyranny (who I have flavoured as a military drill-instructor/police - Soldier BG), and a Goliath Totem (Bear) Barbarian (who I have flavoured as a travelling prizefighter Wrestler -Entertainer BG).

Do either (or neither) of these sound like a good fit?
Your half-orc would fit in very easily in the campaign story. We started off with a half-orc in the party who was trying to do something about the appearance of marauding orcs in the area. I can see a couple of ways to make your Goliath Totem Barbarian fit.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 10:04 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 228
Onward Onward Onward
Oh, heard this module was pretty good as a starter set. I'm interested, though I'm thinking of playing a bard. Not much of a frontliner I know, but he can definitely use a sword and cause a good amount of damage.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 11:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Sgt Hammer
left-aligned image

Name: Sgt Hammer

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Paladin

Background: Soldier

Personality: Orcish fury combined with a crusaders zeal barely restrained by a steadfast adherence to the law.
Hammer shows incredible restraint for someone with Orcish blood. He loves discipline and the rule of law, but detests bureaucracy, especially when it causes mismanagement and the loss of good people.

Backstory: Hammer was born into a rampaging Orc warband. His mother was considered dim even by Orc standards. He has never met his father, and the only thing his mother could tell Hammer about him was that "Mummy had snoo-snoo with pretty man" His memories of these early days are dim as the Warband was wiped out by a much smaller force from the King's Army when he was very young (about 4 or so). Only very young children (the only ones who had not taken up arms) survived, and were given into the custody of the Church then placed into special orphanages, in the attempt to turn these younglings into civilized beings. An almost complete failure. The exception being Hammer. While the rest of the children spent their time being bitter and ignorant towards their stewards, and blamed them for the death of their kin, Hammer saw how their organisation had made them strong, stronger than the one's he had been tought were the strongest in the world, and he wanted to be part of that, so he lapped up every lesson and completed every task asked of him. As soon as he became of age (or size, as Orcs age faster than Humans, and he had only a vague idea of his age anyway) he volunteered to join the King's Army. Hammers drill instructor didn't know what to do with him. The burly sergeant was used to being the scariest person in the room (or drill square), and the Half-orc towered over him by the best part of a foot, and just looked bored when he was shouted at, though he followed orders and military rules as though he was born to it, even going so far as disciplining his fellow recruits.....which gave the instructor an idea! When the recruits passed out of basic training and sent to their new units, Hammer was given into the care of the Provost Marshal, Knight-Commander Steele, who was in charge of the military police force, the Order of the Mailed Fist. The Knight-Commander agreed that a seven foot tall wall of screaming muscle would be a valuable asset in keeping order.
After proving his devotion, Hammer was fully inducted as a full member of the Order, and before having served out his first term of service, he had reached the rank of Sergeant, and reported directly to the Knight Commander himself.
Knowing that Hammer had gone straight from the orphanage into military service, the Knight Commander advised Hammer to take some time out and see the World as a civilian before re-enlisting.

Connections: Known (Orcish) family are all dead. Human fathers' whereabouts, status and even identity are completely unknown to Hammer. He maintains contact with the orphanage that raised him, and considrs the aged, and ailing, Sister Cora, who was his primary caregiver, as the mother he wished he'd had from the start. The soldiers he met in his unit are the closest he has to brothers, and the head of his order, Knight-Commander Steele, is the closest thing he has ever known to a father.

Last edited by triedtherest; Aug 30th, 2021 at 11:34 AM.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 12:12 PM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17169
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Posting Interest with the intention to apply with a Hexblade Warlock that will be very frontline.

I noticed your group doesn't have a Rogue. Would you/the team be interested in such as well?
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 12:18 PM
Let's Be Strange

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratek View Post
Posting Interest with the intention to apply with a Hexblade Warlock that will be very frontline.

I noticed your group doesn't have a Rogue. Would you/the team be interested in such as well?
A rogue would be nice, sure! If you want to submit multiple applications, feel free to do so.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 01:05 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2968
Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage Pinotage
Definitely interested. I've always wanted to play this adventure. I've got some thoughts around a half-orc fighter (battle master) or alternatively a rogue (swashbuckler). Will get an application together in the next few days.

Complete
Application for Khala Vith, Half-orc Fighter (Battle Master)
right-aligned image
Name: Khala Vith
Race: Half-orc
Class: Fighter (Battle Master)
Background: Mercenary Veteran
  • Personality Trait: I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success (AKA The best way is the orcish way)
  • Personality Trait: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching (AKA An orc does not fear a challenge)
  • Ideal: Independence. When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny (Chaotic) (AKA Nothing tells an orc what to do)
  • Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for (AKA The strongest orc gives everything for the tribe)
  • Flaw: I'd rather eat my armor than admit when I'm wrong (AKA Nothing tells an orc they're wrong)
Appearance: Tall and powerful, Khala is a tower of strength. Her orcish face has a strong jawline, with a thick flat nose and the pointed ears of her heritage. Her tusks are small, yellowed points of sharpness jutting forth from her dark green lips. Her eyes are deep green, hiding the mystery of her character, revealing little about her thoughts and desires. Her hair is dark, short and straited with grey, symbols of her growing age and years of hardship in war and prison. Beneath her armor, her skin in marked with scars which she bears proudly, though her left forearm is always covered in thick leather straps and cords that hide the branding of her time in prison. Focusing more on a defensive style in battle, she wields a great shield, fighting now with a more intelligent style than the brutality normally expected from her heritage. She lives more by intimidation than kindness, but her voice is clear, intelligent despite the orcish accent to her use of language.

Personality: Khala is battle-born and gruff, and the orcish part of her heritage is difficult to remove. But, she understands compassion, kindness and love, despite these characteristics not coming naturally to her. By nature she is more competitive, aiming to prove herself the best and the strongest, and she is always willing to accept challenges that prove her as such. She understands and values loyalty and has a keen interest in collecting more coin to further her purpose in starting her own mercenary company. She is a keen collector of battle and war stories, a teller of tales, though not studious or learned in any way. She distrusts magic and the divine, instead putting her faith in steel. She has come to terms with her past and the shame she had to endure as a prisoner of war. Her sense of humour is crude, but she does like a good laugh. She can be rancorous at times when her progress towards glory is slow. She is the kind of person that is good to have on one's side, and who one doesn't want to stand against.

Hometown: Neverwinter

Last edited by Pinotage; Sep 2nd, 2021 at 01:15 PM.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 01:52 PM
Not a Doctor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17169
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Hexblade App
right-aligned image
Name: Gerard Stormwind
Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
Race: Human (Variant)
Hometown: Helm's Hold
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter
  • Trait: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
  • Trait: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
  • Ideal: Aspiration. I'm determined to make something of myself.
  • Bond: My family is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
  • Flaw: By my words and actions, I often bring shame to my family.
Appearance: Gerard's appearance leaves little doubt to his heritage. A lengthy tuft of long, blonde hair sweeps back over his skull and is haphazardly braided and tied together at the base of his skull. The shaved sides of his head are adorned with numerous tattoos of the style of the Illuskan people. A rough, pointed beard, just slightly darker than the hair atop his head, is scraggly and something he often will stroke or itch in idle moments. Adorned in armor and carrying a sword and shield, many would assume incorrectly that Gerard is a simple warrior. The look in his eyes, either a sparkle or a darkness depending on the viewer's opinion, is the faintest hint of his true power that only manifests itself when a powerful quarry presents itself.

Goal: Gerard wishes to find a way to turn the curse upon him into a holy boon in the hope that he could one day return home. While he knows they would look down upon him for deserting his duty as a member of the local guard, the darkness that weighs heavily on his soul would not be dismissed, and ultimately lead to his death should it be discovered. He hasn't seen his parents in so long, he finds himself forgetting the sound of their voices, and wants nothing more than to return one day and hopefully find a place and home for himself.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 04:42 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1064
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I would love to jump in on this, especially if Saratek or Triedtherest is playing but I wouldn't want to kick either of them out of the running. Nice character applications, guys! I wish you happy hunting!
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 06:18 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2483
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Application - Ready for feedbackName: Halstaer "Handsome Hal" Vicnoir
Race: Half-elf
Class: Fighter - Psi Warrior (TCoE)
Personality:

Appearance:

Background: Soldier - mercenary for hire
Personality Traits: 1. I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
2. I'm constantly parroting my father's teachings to others.
Ideal: Independence. When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny. (Chaotic)
Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives indefense of others. (Good)
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.

Hometown: Born in Phandalin, I go back atleast once a year.
Backstory:

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Aug 31st, 2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 06:19 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Onward Onward Onward
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Merci Bonnechance
Race: Half-elf
Class: Bard (Whispers)
Personality: Merci is a calm and collected individual. Though some would consider him weak, he is not one to be considered such. He has an air of menace and cruelty when provoked. But he tries not to show it much and tries his best to be more charitable and generous. He has his own sense of honor, though it's more focus on the criminal aspects, he does his best to apply it in more lawful situations.
Appearance: Merci is an elderly half-elf, around maybe in his 60's, standing at a height of 5'6" and weighing 108 pounds. His face is all wrinkled up and he sports a grey but well trimmed beard. His usual attire is that of a black suit and top hat, hidden in his suit are his protective gear and some weapons, the suit has very deep pockets.
Background: Criminal (Enforcer)
Personality Traits: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
Ideal: Honor. I don't steal from others in the trade.
Bond:I'm trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor.
Flaw:When faced with a choice between money and my friends, I usually choose the money.
Hometown:Waterdeep
Backstory: Merci was born in Waterdeep, in the more seedier parts anyway. Since childhood, his done crime after crime in order to survive the streets, he lived the life of scum. He even joined with a criminal organization called the Xanathar's Guild. Though only a subsidiary groupi, this particular group focused on negotiations, intimidations, blackmail and most importantly, enforcement. Merci watched many lives break and be corrupted, some he did himself. Some were crooks, some were innocents, and some were just pests to be exterminated or experimented on. His done this for years and years, their reign over the city was strong. However, they had to pay their dues eventually. All subdivisionary groups and groups affiliated to the Xanathar's Guild we're being systematically dismantled by a small group of adventurers. When they locate Merci's group, they were ruthless and too powerful to defeat.

Merci escaped but was heavily injured from his encounter with those adventurers. He found himself lying down on the street, bleeding to death. He find it ironic really, he was born in the streets and now he dies in the streets. But he wasn't dead yet, he woke up in a church and was being tended to by a priest. The priest was just walking by when he found Merci, and without knowing who he was, nursed him back to help. Merci I was wary of the priest but decided to stay, just to simply hide from those adventurers. As he stayed, the priest was very kind to him and he slowly trusted him more, he even feels touched about his kindness. He eventually learned he praised Lathander and he learned more about his God from the priest. This caused him to want to better his life more, this inspired him to turn over a new leaf and abandon the criminal underworld. Once the adventurers fight with the Guild was all over, Merci told the priest who he really was and told him that he wanted to change. Hearing the truth, the priest was still kind to him and decided to help him leave Waterdeep.

It took a few months but Merci eventually found a remote home near a town called Phandalin. The priest convinced the elders that Merci would help benefit the church by spreading the word of the Morninglord, and he does so with vigor. He spread the word, helps the villagers in need and would even travel from town to town to help others.
Goal: To live in relative peace and work with the church of Lathander to write the wrongs he did to right.

Last edited by Onward; Aug 30th, 2021 at 07:51 PM.
Old Aug 30th, 2021, 06:22 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Onward Onward Onward
Well, it seems that I'm not the only one that taught on having a half elf with a beard.
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 08:18 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2483
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Mine should be done, I'll clean up the grammar and spelling asap but as a general idea it's all hashed out.
Old Aug 31st, 2021, 12:08 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 920
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo
Character Name: Dupet of the daylight moon
Class: wizard (scribe from tashas)
Race: forest gnome
Description: Forest gnome, grey eyes, short green hair, woody brown skin, turquoise robes

Personality: she has an undying urge for knowledge and has little reason to hold back. Though at the cost to her social interest. Has a hard time listening past bullet points. But she’s nice and kind hearted unless she has little reason to be, that’s just a waste of effort
Alignment: N
Background: Sage
Personality Trait 1: okay, you said a bunch... I was thinking louder than you and didn’t hear you
Personality Trait 2: i mean... who hasn’t summoned a demon or two.. did you not go to college?
Ideal: The path to self-improvement is through knowledge and experimentation
Bond: I work to study and improve on the minor amount that’s written about other realms
Flaw: Most people scream and run when they see something so incredibly interesting, such as a screaming ghost in the bathroom mirror! I have so many questions!!
Hometown: her home village was burned down during a goblin raid, she heard the wind bend to massive wings. She’s convinced it was a dragon.
Backstory: Dupet was a recluse in college. She had been on a deep dive studying almost frying her brain until her brother slipped some alcohol in her coffee. She’d partied and experienced a revelation that expanded her curiosity to experiences as well as her ink. She’s summoned a few minor demons when she realized there was a lack of books on the topic. Mordenkainen’s Tome only being a rumor she’s started her own tome of sorts to channel her own curiosity. Her particular interests on adventure to experience and document first hand. Hearing rumors of a dragon lead her to leave the college dorm in pursuit with pen in hand.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Desteplo; Aug 31st, 2021 at 12:16 PM.