Other Avengers of Arcade City (FASERIP SuperHeroes) - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 13th, 2021, 04:09 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13305
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
I’m going to try and get something together in the next four days.

Where would super strength and bullet proof land in the point buy scale? Character worked as a janitor at the university before a lab explosion changed his life. He’s still new to his powers, so as far as he knows he seems to be bullet proof and extremely strong. He’s disinclined to see how invulnerable he is by stepping in front of a bus or anything like that.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 04:27 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24922
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylorne View Post
I’m going to try and get something together in the next four days.

Where would super strength and bullet proof land in the point buy scale? Character worked as a janitor at the university before a lab explosion changed his life. He’s still new to his powers, so as far as he knows he seems to be bullet proof and extremely strong. He’s disinclined to see how invulnerable he is by stepping in front of a bus or anything like that.
There are multiple ways to do that we can discuss that later, but it shouldn't be hard to work in.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 05:57 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2045
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
IIRC, super strength is just a really large Strength score. I haven't made a character for the game in several decades though
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 09:02 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstrength79 View Post
IIRC, super strength is just a really large Strength score. I haven't made a character for the game in several decades though
That is certainly one of the ways, and likely the easiest for just super strength, but fighting and agility are important too.
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 06:22 AM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18150
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
So, I came up with an idea for a hero, Witness, that makes other heroes better. Basically if they see something happen, they can will a better (or worse) outcome to happen.

So then I looked at the rulebook and this sounds like Probability Manipulation, but the rules seem to specifically prohibit the power from affecting others (in a positive way).

Is this something that would work? I'm thinking that in addition to only working on others and only on things Witness sees that additional limitations could be that Witness takes damage (ala Firestarter) or the opposite luck affects Witness' next roll. Or something.

Is that workable?

Last edited by UngainlyFool; Sep 15th, 2021 at 06:23 AM.
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 06:22 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5935
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Name. Tiberius Andragathía. He goes by Tom.
Alias. Dawnbreaker
Secret. Yes. Otherwise he would be very dead.
Description
Tiberius, or as he prefers to be known as, Tom, is a tall, chocolate eyed man, whose Mediterranean heritage shows in his olive skin. Handsome, but unaware of it. He's intelligent, having graduated with a masters in ancient history. Tom dtesses nicely but casually.
As Dawnbreaker he appears as a humanoid form of pure, ethereal white light. In flight, Dawnbreaker flies gracefully. Bolts of pure holy light zoom from his hands, burning evildoers.
Personality wise Tom is a nice, kind guy. This hides his deep and abiding hatred of his family, stemming from the death of his mother(second wife of the godfather), in an ambush intended for his father. He's seen the damage done by his family and disgusted by it. He particularly hates his twin sister Livia whom has embraced her role as a mafia princess.
He's conflicted about his trust fund, using most of it to set up a charitable foundation. So far he's resisted the family's attempts to use it as yet another laundering means.

Last edited by Acathala; Sep 15th, 2021 at 06:15 PM.
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 08:16 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
So, I came up with an idea for a hero, Witness, that makes other heroes better. Basically if they see something happen, they can will a better (or worse) outcome to happen.

So then I looked at the rulebook and this sounds like Probability Manipulation, but the rules seem to specifically prohibit the power from affecting others (in a positive way).

Is this something that would work? I'm thinking that in addition to only working on others and only on things Witness sees that additional limitations could be that Witness takes damage (ala Firestarter) or the opposite luck affects Witness' next roll. Or something.

Is that workable?
Have you considered Precognition instead? It sounds like it has the description you're looking for.

Last edited by wodine; Sep 15th, 2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 08:32 AM
a pair of ragged claws

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18150
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Hmmm, let me think on it. I was looking for more of a buffing power, and precog(combat variant) seems a little cumbersome for pbp.

Thanks!
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 12:50 PM
Truculent Troubadour

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21301
Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim
so far we have:
Yuuki Tenpouin
Power Ranger/Darkhawk
Maverick from X Team
Elektra
Jewel Girl (Valkyrie Crusade)
Thom Kallor
Kirin (Withdrawn)
Aang
Blink
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 06:41 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21426
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jim View Post
so far we have:
Yuuki Tenpouin
Power Ranger/Darkhawk
Maverick from X Team
Elektra
Thom Kallor
Kirin (Withdrawn)
Aang
Blink
I recognize, like, 4 of those references maybe.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 12:27 PM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2045
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
I actually used a picture of Dazzler for Jewel. It's hard to find any pictures of jewel-wearing, or jewel-encrusted super heroes without getting flooded with pictures of Thanos or Jessica Jones.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 01:43 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad Lighting Lad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jim View Post
so far we have:
Yuuki Tenpouin
Power Ranger/Darkhawk
Maverick from X Team
Elektra
Thom Kallor
Kirin (Withdrawn)
Aang
Blink
Good reference list.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 06:30 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2686
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
Added photo (to dismiss visions of Aang) and updated questions into the character write up. Just noting that complete is now completely completed.
And killing time until the decision is made.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 07:34 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 471
Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven Palliven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Gamer View Post
Added photo (to dismiss visions of Aang) and updated questions into the character write up. Just noting that complete is now completely completed.
And killing time until the decision is made.
Good idea so I did the same. Not sure of which color yet so put both in there. Also thought of a new power, being able to create two small rifts facing each other. He can move them together to touch which creates an implosion releasing a small burst of energy. Can use as a ranged attack, sort of like a placed grenade. Maybe something he develops as he grows in power.
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 09:02 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17690
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Hya's Wodine

Believe it or not, when you first put up your game post I wanted to join but didn't have a clue to what I wanted to play. Now with only two day's left, I have a concept but I don't know if it would work, mechanics-wise, or if I could even get an application in, in time

Concept: The Nerd.
A bullied teenager with no prospects. No real skills. And no real joy in his life other than his comic books.
Constantly beat on during school during his senior year and he notices the bully's punches do less and less damage. He still cowers as that's what he always did, but less bruising, and less bleeding.

Mechanics: Effectively he is Damage Reduction Man! He can take a beating and keep on cowering. Is there such a mechanic in the game for that?

I tried googling the rulebook but I'm not certain I found the correct one. It looked old

Anyway, thanks. And even if I don't manage to get a character app in, good luck with your game

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Usually Unavailable

Last edited by Silk; Sep 16th, 2021 at 09:37 PM.