DnD5e A Raven Recalls: Falkovnia, Where the Dead Never Rest - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 8th, 2021, 07:46 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3970
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
A Raven Recalls: Falkovnia, Where the Dead Never Rest

Game NameA Raven Recalls: Falkovnia, Where the Dead Never Rest
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeHorror, Survival, Action / Adventure
FlavourMid to Low Fantasy Horror in Pseudo-Germany / Russia
Plot Summary
Game Overview
Game System
Dungeons and Dragons, 5th Edition
Musical Theme
Story Theme
Adventurers Stranded in a Realm Besieged by Unending Hordes of Zombies.

A Kingdom Tormented by Horrors both Living and Dead.

Inspirations
The Walking Dead, Resident Evil, Kingdom, Jacob's Ladder, Cabin in the Woods

Play Style
Horror, Difficult Decisions, and Extreme Violence.
Survival, Social Management, and a Constant Race Against the Clock.

A broad-in-scope, collaborative story that takes place entirely in the dreadful, zombie-ridden land of Falkovnia. Your characters will arrive in this horrid domain through a veil of supernatural Mist that will trap them there until a mysterious criterion for release is satisfied. While in Falkovnia, it’s up to you to decide whether or not this motley group will rise above the overwhelming hordes or sink beneath their vengeful waves; whether or not they cave beneath the pressure of an authoritarian boot or lash out in defiance; whether or not they placate the paranoid and oppressed or bring them to heel. Regardless, one thing is for certain: difficult moral and ethical decisions will be a constant occurrence. How the party chooses to navigate them will win them favor and ire alike! Think carefully. Choose wisely. And always have a backup plan for when things go sour!

Afterall, you must keep in mind: Falkovnia sits on the razor’s edge; a bump too strong in one direction could spell disaster for everyone.

CRITICAL INFORMATION

In Falkovnia, on the last day of every month, a dark moon hangs high over blood red skies, and all the realm is shrouded in an otherworldly darkness. It is then that a never-ending horde of undead wander from the terrifying Mists in what can only be described as a unanimous invasion, whereupon they waylay the countryside and any small hamlets caught in between their beeline to the capital, Lekar.

The party will need to remain conscious of the date and time — monstrous activity seems to increase exponentially as the sun wanes — while also making certain they don’t draw the attention of any lingering packs of shamblers… or worse. Danger lurks around every corner!

Game Hook
Survivors, Servants, or Saviors

The days of the living are numbered in Falkovnia. The people would flee if they could, taking their chances in the Mists, but they aren’t allowed that choice. The military has turned against the people, making them prisoners within their own country. With cudgel and pike, the soldiers of Falkovnia force every commoner into grueling labor, rushing them to raise fortifications and scrape scrawny roots from the dirt. Every lash strike, every day of meager rations is necessary—or so the soldiers claim—because time is short and the dead are coming.

Falkovnia is a land besieged. Empty countryside surrounds ruined or crumbling cities. A few desperate pockets of civilization survive, carrying on not out of hope, but out of fear of the land’s merciless soldiers. Led by General Vladeska Drakov, Falkovnia’s military organizes a desperate and occasionally effective defense against an implacable foe: the ever-growing armies of the dead.

Every month a new zombie legion issues from the Mists. Never emerging from the same place twice, the horde sweeps across the land, drawn to the densest populations of the living. That’s currently the Falkovnian capital of Lekar, where unfit and underfed conscripts defend crumbling walls alongside General Drakov and her crimson-armored elite soldiers, the Talons. Causalities stack up during the zombie sieges, but miracles and moments of valor have not abandoned Falkovnia. The people’s numbers dwindle, but they soldier on.

In the aftermath of an attack, the Falkovnians burn their dead, repair what they can, and whisper that now might be the time to flee. Invariably, though, someone speaks too loudly and a so-called traitor is impaled upon Lekar’s walls. The people might want to abandon their homes, but Vladeska Drakov will not know defeat.

Posting DetailsRate: As DM I try to post at least twice a week for the group, though there are times when that is unachievable due to real-life obligations. Regardless, depending on the circumstances or group consensus, I may increase this rate for things like combat or intense dialogue. Conversely, as I have learned from MY previous games, it may slow significantly as I have a fairly demanding career and our crunch time can sometimes get overwhelming. Just a heads-up that things may fluctuate drastically but I will try to keep in contact to the best of my ability.

Quality and Style: I am a writer at heart, just like most of you. Also, I have tendency to prattle on at length about certain facets of a scene to add atmosphere or a certain aesthetic. MOOD and FEEL are very important to me. My writing has been known to carry with it a lot of purple prose. However, I try to keep this reeled in based on the situation. Sometimes it escapes me. You can expect an average of 3 – 7 paragraphs with any given post, maybe more or less depending on the circumstances (such as combat, intense dialogue, etc.), and I will try to conform to the group’s preferences as I get to know them.

Application Details
Number of Players: 4 — 6
Application Deadline: September 30th

Character Creation DetailsStarting Level: 3rd

Ability Scores: 27 Point Buy

Races: Any race from the officially sanctioned materials will be acceptable. No UA/Non-Official races.

Feats: Bonus Feat at first level, no longer exclusive to human variant. Choose wisely.

Alignment: No evil characters will be permitted. Any turn towards the Dark Side will be handled through the progression of naturally occurring RP and character development, not meta-game masterminding for the luls. Shades of gray, people. Shades of gray. Most folks in Falkovnia are morally ambiguous.

Class: Any officially sanctioned class is acceptable unless otherwise stated. Blood Hunter is the only UA/Non-Official class that I will consider. No Moon Druid. No Multi-Classing after 5th level.

Wealth: Starting wealth for a first-level character.

Public Application Section
Character Basics
Basic Character Details: Things like your character’s name, race, age, sex, etc. The quick and simple stuff.

Character Class: All classes are viable in Falkovnia. Heck, you’ll want a diverse adventuring party for a greater shot at survival. This dread realm is exceptionally violent and deadly on the best of days. A general declaration is all I need here.

Character Appearance: Rather self-explanatory. Detail what you think necessary and leave out what isn’t. If you’re looking to score bonus points: I’m fond of cool or interesting pictures that help bring a description to life, however this is by no means a requirement.

Character Background: Where and how does your character fit into society? Have they always been there? More importantly, I need to know what they were doing prior to being captured and transported to Falkovnia by Ravenloft’s all-consuming Mists. Nothing in this section must be super detailed or fleshed out. Vague is fine.

Secret Application Section
Secret Application Section

Selection Criteria
Selection Criteria

Horror YES! Horror NO!
Horror YES! Horror NO!
Surprise! Surprise!

This campaign is spooky-scary-horror themed.

As such, it is very likely to feature and/or brush up against certain topics that may be controversial and/or make some folks feel uncomfortable — as all good horror is apt to do! However, in order to make sure that we’re all still having fun and enjoying the experience, instead of crawling in our skin when we don’t want to, I kindly ask that you make a quick list of any HORROR NO’s and HORROR YES’s that will give me an idea of what’s a shoo-in and what’s a no-go.

Feel free to publish this part privately.

Applications
PlayerCharacter NameRaceClassSecretStatus
Hal Hammerhand Crovall Dimun Half-Elf Ranger X Complete
SnakeOilCharmer Ziema Tiefling Bard X Complete
Runetide Confidentia Azuria Human Fighter X Complete
Jasontheswift Orwyn Breet'th Deep Gnome Cleric X Complete
DaniLore Roksana D'Corvus Half-Elf Cleric O In Progress
Daendil Arsentis High Elf Wizard X Complete
Onward Fellto High Elf Bard X Complete
DemonSlayer Grey Shifter Monk X Complete
Drachenspirit Wisica Softbranch Halfling Druid X Complete
Hiruma Kohaku Dr. Philippe Brighton Reborn Blood Hunter X Complete
Chaucer Darryll Nachtschild Human Paladin X Complete
Arkaon Krion Leonin Barbarian X Complete
Chrystrom Kaiser Gunter Schönheit Human Blood Hunter X Complete
O2CXt3 Leila Aliard Human Sorc/Rogue X Complete
CoffeeRogue Jade Osco Halfling Rogue X Complete
Lepidoptera Chatka Hollyhock Human Bard X Complete
Vislands Gelepagros Udomorn Dragonborn Wizard X Complete
Harkov Herja Aasimir Fighter X Complete
Grouchy Orek Twinhammer Dwarf Fighter X Complete
Wretched Rick Avaelyn Silverthrush Elf Warlock X Complete
Shula Þráinn Dwarf Sorcerer X Complete
F.A.Q.

• Starting Wealth - Yes, you will start with the wealth of a 1st level character despite beginning the campaign at level 3. This is more for mechanical purposes than anything else. Money in 5e gets a little crazy and I like to keep it simple.

• Bonus Feat - The bonus feat does not stack with Human Variant. The point of the bonus feat is to even the playing field and, hopefully, allow for a more diverse cast of characters. To clarify: you only get an extra feat if you pick something OTHER THAN Human Variant.

• Character Sheets - I will accept character sheets created on RPGX or through DNDBeyond. Personally, I prefer DNDBeyond. That said, I understand not having access to all the books/classes without a purchase can make your options super limited. I won't hold it against anyone if you decide to use a sheet here on site. Both are fine.

Last edited by Chylopan; Sep 22nd, 2021 at 10:40 AM.
Old Sep 8th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1064
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
How could I see this thread when I am already pushing the limits on how many games I am in. I would love to toss in a character application...

Impending interest.
Old Sep 8th, 2021, 11:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3994
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
So, would I be correct in thinking that the mists will be picking up the PCs from various scattered locations, rather than being taken from one single location? IE; it's entirely possible for one PC to be from the Forgotten realms, and another from Ravnica or Eberron?

PS you left references to the blind matron in the secret bit :P

Last edited by SnakeOilCharmer; Sep 9th, 2021 at 12:24 AM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 12:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3994
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
APPLICATION

Public Application Section
Character Basics
right-aligned image
Basic Character Details:Ziema, 32 year old Levistus Tiefling

Character Class: College of Spirits Bard

Character Appearance:A tall, slender woman with pale blue skin, auburn hair, and eyes which appear to be flecked with dancing flames. Two small horns which resemble curved icicles grow from her forehead, betraying her descent from the Frozen Prince.

Ziema has a flamboyant dress sense, combining dark velvet overcoats with cravats and scarves made of primary-colored silks, more akin to the finery of Sword Coast nobility than the heavy furs preferred by her peers in Termalaine. Her voice is reedy and high-pitched, and she speaks in a quick, staccato manner that radiates nervous energy.

Character Background: Ziema was raised, though not born, in the town of Termalaine, in Icewind Dale on the world of Toril. As a Tiefling, Ziema knew from infancy that she was an outsider here. Her mother, though, had died a hero of Termalaine, suffering mortal wounds in single combat with an Owlbear which had wandered into town, so she was spared the constant low-level hostility her kind faced in most of this world. Instead, it was Ziema's own mind which obsessed over her difference from her friends. Why do I look so different to my friends? Why do I not feel the cold as they do? Where did we come to this place from? Ziema's father Pugis, a taciturn miner, could not have been less forthcoming with her daughter. There were some questions, he said, that were more trouble than they were worth to answer. They'd travelled a few places before settling here. They looked different because their ancestors looked different. If it doesn't help you survive around here, it's a waste of your breath talking about it, was the elder Tiefling's attitude.

These responses very much did not placate the young Ziema. Instead, the girl became obsessed with the occult, believing that there must be a way to speak to her lost mother, or failing that other ancestors, to find the answers she craved. She delved into the manner in which the Dwarves and Barbarians of the Dale revered their own ancestors. She interrogated local wizards about their practice of divination magic, and priests regarding their beliefs surrounding afterlives. She hung around the graveyards and barrows of the region, and studied the flute and viol. When a group of exotic-looking travellers passed through the town (itself something as a mystery, as there is very little in that part of the world to pass through to) she acquired a spirit board, and began to conduct her own seances.

When she came of age, Ziema immediately sought out an apprenticeship with a local undertaker, learning the funeral rites of a number of different gods of the realm, helping to prepare bodies for their final journeys, and lending her musical talents to provide an eerie and yet somehow-comforting backdrop to burials and cremations. Ziema opened her mind to the spirits of the area, and before too long, the spirits began to speak to her. Not the spirits she had hoped for, at least not as far as she could tell. But what a variety! Soldiers, miners, fishermen, apothecaries, the long-dead of the Dale seemed only too eager to tell their tales of long-dead heroes, whine about long-gone leaders, and gossip about neighbors who had been buried centuries ago. Ziema put their stories to music, and found that these stories had an eager audience throughout the ten towns. Ziema found herself spending less time conducting funerals, and more time travelling the Dale, bringing the Spirits' musings to life set to eerie yet somehow enthralling music.

Then, one night, sleeping deeply after a successful performance in Easthaven, a very specific dream filled Ziema's mind. An image of her digging into the floor of her family home. It was a dream that came to her over and over as she travelled between settlements, each night seeming more vivid than the night before, always ending just as she finished digging and pulled something out of the ground, but before the woman could get a glimpse of what it was. Upon her return, Ziema waited for her mother to leave for work, and dug in the spot the dream foretold. Perplexed, she pulled out a dagger, its blade still brilliant despite the years spent buried, and its pommel a single amethyst, held in the grip of a brass falcon's talon.

Placing the dagger in her belt, Ziema hurried from the house, aiming to find her mother, but before she reached the mines, she found herself lost in a thick, impenetrable fog. When her vision cleared, she found herself somewhere very different indeed to her homeland. And yet, on an unconscious level Ziema couldn't help feeling she'd been here before...

Horror YES! Horror NO!
I'm pretty sure that anything that is a NO! for me is already covered by site rules.

Last edited by SnakeOilCharmer; Sep 21st, 2021 at 08:30 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 01:17 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6990
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I'll toss a hat in the ring. Is Falknovia part of Ravenloft? Also we take level 1 starting cash for a level 3 character? just making sure that wasn't a typo or something. Oh, can we also take variant human to start with 2 feats instead of 1?

I'm very unfamiliar with 5e settings. Or 5e in general.

Application
right-aligned image
Ser Confidentia Azuria

Basic Character Details: Ser Confidentia Azuria, the Beastbreaker. Age 28. Female. Was 'misplaced' during a sortie against a rival family's forces. Neutral Good. Worships Lathander (pays lip service to, attends sermons, doesn't think much more about it).

Character Class:Fighter (Battlemaster) 3

Character Appearance: A raven-haired woman with darker skin and dark green eyes, Confidentia has the bearing of a person of honor and discipline that's evident whether or not she's wearing her knightly armor and carrying her weapons and shield. Her armor is plate armor over a mail coat, sporting a red cloak with a thick fluffy fur collar that's purported to be from the very beast she killed to earn her sobriquet. If she can, she'll wear the cloak with normal clothes since it's excellent at repelling the cold, and looks highly fashionable. Her body is stocky, not a curvaceous hourglass shape, with strong arms to match strong legs and a very strong back. Her voice is a raspy, husky tenor.

Character Background: 5th born in a lineage of noble knights, Confidentia was not a particularly intelligent or talented child (the best education was reserved for the 1st and second born), but she did have the effort and dedication to make up for her hindrances. Years of physical training, repetition, and exercise had honed her into a solid, dependable knight. She had made only a few true friends during her youth, but had managed to accrue a formidable list of people who trusted her. A few years prior to the current situation, her father had passed away, leaving the head of household spot open for her eldest brother. The short struggle that ensued from this succession left them having broken some diplomatic arrangements that their father had made, and the two houses fought skirmishes without ever outright declaring war. It was during one of those skirmishes that Ser Azuria was participating in when she was separated from her footsoldiers by a bank of fog that rolled in. Thinking nothing of it, she walked through the fog... and found herself somewhere GREATLY different.

Last edited by Runetide; Sep 10th, 2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 02:04 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1174
Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer Chaucer
Absolutely definitely interested. Application incoming.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 03:51 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2483
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Application - Ready for feedback
left-aligned image

Name: Orwyn Breet'th
Race: Deep Gnome
Alignment: NG
Class: Cleric - Knowledge Domain

Appearance: Orwyn may have the heart of a young inquisitve gnome but he looks as if he should be bouncing grandchildren on his knee. Despite that he is as nimble and light on his feet as any Deep gnome. His grey skin is offended by a red nose and white beard that falls too his belt. Due to reading more than eating Orwyn is noted as very thin, some may say lanky but any who say so will have their thoughts read.

Background:

Horror YES! Horror NO!
No limits for me.

Last edited by Jasontheswift; Sep 20th, 2021 at 05:46 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 04:59 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5143
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Posting Intereeeest! [PLACEHOLDER]
WIP

App
right-aligned image
Name: Roksana D'Corvus
Race: Half Elf
Alignment: Neutral Good
Class: Life Cleric
Deity: Raven Queen

Background: You were born under a dark star. You can feel it watching you, coldly and distantly. Sometimes it beckons you in the dead of night.Haunted One
Traits
I don’t talk about the thing that torments me. I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
I expect danger around every corner.
Ideal
Selflessness. I try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost.
Bond
My legacy is a journal, where I keep my innermost thoughts. Should I fade away, at least a piece of me shall remain.
Flaw
Everyday I must follow a strict ritual, lest I succumb to my curse.

Appearance: Standing adrift amid a dark mausoleum, a delicate young woman, waifish and small, regards a particular marker with stark distaste. The slab of stone before her bares a single name...though two souls should be sharing the same lonely crypt. Brushing silvery hair from her pale complexion, Roksana wipes a tear, freshly fallen, from her lilac-hued gaze. Her expression grows soft and melancholy, wishing she could forget the deluge of memories that fetter her to this wretched place with all its sorrows and superstition. Dressed in fine black regalia, there is an air of prim sophistication about her, muted by a cold taciturn veil that may as well be the wintry barrier of a fortress. Time ravages all. Even the stones that comprise this house for the dead.

Background: House D’Corvus has long been pillars of the Grey Vale, their long and impressive lineage stretching as far back as the Barony of Steeping Falls. Infamously, their first ancestor, Avindor, dutifully served as Steward of the Realm for the notorious figure, Artor Morlin. Common belief is that he sold his soul to the vampire in return for power and prestige. Their most prized family heirloom is the Sanguine Heart, a medallion gifted by Morlin before his mysterious disappearance. Centuries later, their House is little more than a shambling ruin…their name, a stain on Daggerford’s history.

Nestled in the dreary mountainside of the Grey Vale is the abandoned manse of House D’Corvus. Its twenty-three rooms are either empty or in a state of violent disarray. Some years before, angry villagers from Daggerford had stormed in and ransacked the abode, grabbing anything valuable they could find and smashing the rest. Tragically, once their home was stripped bare, avarice compelled the mob to torture the Lord for the whereabouts of the Sanguine Heart. When they failed to make him talk, the Lord was lynched in the courtyard and the manse set ablaze. The story frightened her as a child. Many things frightened her, in fact, though it rarely surfaced upon her porcelain face. Their vile actions were beyond her understanding. Regardless of whether he was innocent or guilty of some unforgivable offense, the only tangible truth was that she was bereft of a loving father—and now she was alone, save for Nan Imogen. The widowed woman raised little Roksana as her own, though she never dared to whisk the child from the scarred manor lest others became aware of her existence.

Playing amid the eerie confines of the burned and dilapidated manse, Roksana found a strange solace in the pervading solitude. Deep down, Roksana felt at peace with herself, though she resembled nothing like father or Nan Imogen. Once, she dared to ask about her mother, but Nan quickly hushed her and bid she never speak of it again. Years passed by, living as a ghost in a place fit for haunts. Perusing through the charred remnants of the library, only there, amid those fanciful tales of glory and adventure, could she truly escape. However, her tastes quickly gravitated toward the black and macabre event of the past. Witch burnings. Black magics. Sacrifices to the old gods. The rapacious hoards of the undead. The more she delved, the more Roksana realized how terrifying the world was…so, plagued by fears, the child swore to herself that she would never, ever leave. Here, amid this inglorious bastion of solitude, she had a home. Here, wickedness had already had its due. Misfortune would now leave her be.

Or, so she thought.

One day, at the age of fourteen, Roksana stumbled across a black leather book, hidden behind the boards of a bookcase. Dutiful daughter that she was, Roksana had been trying to maintain some semblance of order and had endeavored to reorganize Father’s books. What she found was the Lord’s journal, covered in years of dust. Detailed inside were curious events. Since childhood, he had been plagued by nightmares. A strange, otherworldly woman appeared to him, offering to cure his condition in exchange for the Sanguine Heart. When pressed for answers, the Shadow Lady said the heirloom had been sought after for a long time. Naturally, the Lord refused, but gradually as months crept by, the descriptions of his encounters with the stranger became more and more intimate—until finally he professed his love on the page!

Last edited by DaniLore; Sep 23rd, 2021 at 05:45 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 10:56 AM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilCharmer View Post
So, would I be correct in thinking that the mists will be picking up the PCs from various scattered locations, rather than being taken from one single location? IE; it's entirely possible for one PC to be from the Forgotten realms, and another from Ravnica or Eberron?

PS you left references to the blind matron in the secret bit :P
Edited and fixed! How clumsy of me. I would ask that all applicants double check the SECRET section and disregard completely that which was taken out, thank you!

Also, yes, the Mists of Ravenloft take all kinds. So long as it abides by my Race/Class rules in the advertisement it's A-OK for consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I'll toss a hat in the ring. Is Falknovia part of Ravenloft? Also we take level 1 starting cash for a level 3 character? just making sure that wasn't a typo or something. Oh, can we also take variant human to start with 2 feats instead of 1?
Yes, starting gold for a level 1 character despite being level 3. You are, in fact, interpreting that correctly.

I will add this to the F.A.Q soon.

EDIT: I realize I left out your second question: No, if you pick Human Variant you only get 1 feat. The "bonus" feat is only for other races, since a lot of people that play 5e will pick nothing other than HV with the belief that the feat is too good to pass up, at least mechanically speaking. This way, it levels the playing field a little and we get a more diverse cast!

Last edited by Chylopan; Sep 9th, 2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 11:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2689
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Withdrwn.

Last edited by triedtherest; Sep 11th, 2021 at 04:56 AM.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 12:30 PM
Bladesinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3624
Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil Daendil
ArsentisName: Arsentis
right-aligned image

Appearance: Small, even for an elf. His lithe build is in sharp contrast with his determined gaze, his dark eyes piercing directly into one's very soul. He likes to let his long brown hair loose. Despite being committed to the arcane arts, his preferred outfit is dark clothes with a cloak complete with a short sword at his hip. His demeanor is often considered cold and withdrawn, distrustful even. But every now and then he can be quite impulsive.
Classes: Wizard (Illusion)
Race: High Elf
Background: Criminal
Alignment: CN
Backstory:

Background MechanicsPersonality Trait 1: "I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide."
Personality Trait 2: "I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds."
Ideal: "Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them."
Bond: "Not meaning a phisical object here, but the chance to become a powerful wizard.Something important was taken from me, and I aim to steal it back."
Flaw: "When I see something valuable, I can't think about
anything but how to steal it."

Secret Section

Familiar Name: Mist
Native Form: Raven (Celestial, white in color)
Bonding Experience:

Character Mechanics

Last edited by Daendil; Sep 11th, 2021 at 11:47 AM. Reason: added spell list
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 01:29 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Thanks for the clarification! I don't know 5e very well so I had to ask a buncha questions. I probably will have more as we go on, especially if I get selected to play the game.

If my character is too mechanically 'boring', please let me know! I can try making something else. I can do a cleric or something?
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 01:46 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Thanks for the clarification! I don't know 5e very well so I had to ask a buncha questions. I probably will have more as we go on, especially if I get selected to play the game.

If my character is too mechanically 'boring', please let me know! I can try making something else. I can do a cleric or something?
Fret not, I'm here to answer all the questions I can! If they're particular enough I'll add them to the F.A.Q as they arrive.

Also, I wouldn't worry about how boring your character might be mechanically. I'm more interested in how efficient/effective they can be in-game through roleplay.
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
Okay great! I tried battlemaster because it gives me some choices for combat that benefit more than me. I was thinking of taking a reach weapon so I can help provide some battlefield control. I'm not very confident in my abilities and would probably need some reminders what I can use my battlemaster abilities for. :/
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 04:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12736
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer

Last edited by Lazer; Sep 22nd, 2021 at 01:37 AM.