RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Sep 13th, 2021, 11:21 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18587
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Application
right-aligned image

Code Name: Eden Revenant

Metatype: Human

Archetype: Decker

Physical Description: Revenant is an aficionado of the old styles, a mixture of punk and goth, but without the bright colors that others tend to mix with their punk look. Her normally-dark hair is dyed a dark crimson, and on missions she affects a "warpaint mask" of matching color. Black leathers complete the look, with particular pride in the jacket. She found it in an old store...the owner probably forgot he had it, or didn't realize what real leather was going for these days, and she snatched it up. She's a little out of shape; the price of spending hours at a time perched in front of a deck, but she's got a gym membership...somewhere.

Personality: Normally enjoys a dry wit sprinkled with sarcasm, when she bothers talking to people at all. Considering the quality of "people" these days, she doesn't see it as an issue. She doesn't have much of a filter for what she says or how she says it, but she's not particularly mean-spirited. There's an aura about her...sadness? Angst? Is it part of the goth thing? It's hard to say, it just kind of hangs like a dark cloud.

Background: Well, for starters...she's dead. No really, look it up. Lilith Auemheimer, a.k.a. "Eden" died earlier this year in what is believed to be a criminal activity. She was traced through the Matrix to her physical location, which was unfortunately destroyed by an explosion when corporate security attempted to arrest the alleged perpetrator. No body was found, but considering the amount of damage done to the structure, she was pronounced dead.

Obviously, it wasn't supposed to go that way. Eden, her handle back then...get it? Lilith? Eden? Hyuk, hyuk...was running overwatch for her group of shadowrunners, and everything seemed to be going smoothly. She shut down cameras, rerouted security, closed of lift access...the team was sliding through the complex like a dragon through an airbus. That's when she got that feeling...y'know, when you realize you're not alone? Well...the fragger had been running silent, and she'd missed it! The spider was tailing her the whole time, letting her do her thing until the team was good and deep into enemy territory. She managed to detect one of the markers, and tried to sleaze, but couldn't shake the spider. Security miraculously got their act together and the team was in trouble, so Eden went after the other decker. Started slotting his stick real good, too...until security moved in on her. Apparently, the spider squealed and the corpos outside her location decided to act immediately. There was a BOOM and a lot of smoke, fire, and...something that knocked her sideways. She must've blacked out at some point...

When she woke up, she had a pile of debris to dig herself out of. Her team was dead, and so was she...officially. All because she didn't look over her shoulder. After spending some time healing and feeling sorry for herself, she managed to get a new deck (old one was part of the debris) and a new identity, and she started rebuilding a new life for herself. Let Eden be dead...Revenant wasn't gone yet, omae.

Experience: Moderate - played about half a dozen active SR characters so far.

Other: I left some details vague, like which corporation she was running against, who the other team was, etc. I can fill these details in, or leave them as story elements.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Sep 13th, 2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 12:17 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 729
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Kudos to you, CMRawles, for learning Shadowrun like I did. It's daunting, and dare I say terrifying at times, but in my opinion, jumping in with both feet is the best way to learn a system like Shadowrun

I haven't decided if I'm going to make a character or not as I already have plenty of games to keep me entertained, and I figure I should give the noobs a shot. But...its Shadowrun <shrug>

Anyway, I'll be lurking
It sure is daunting, but I've had worse!

Anyways as I said in the post, nobody should let the experience coefficient get in the way of putting an application in, I doubt I'll be able to fill out a whole team of newbies anyways

Old Sep 13th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3594
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 06:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2575
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Code Name: Rock Dove
Metatype: Elf

Archetype: Drone Rigger/Driver

Physical Description: Tall and thin, with light hair, eyes, and skin.
Has tiny scars (all but unnoticeable) from past surgeries.
Visible Data Jack in head.
Wears earbuds and mirror-shades.

Personality: Does not use much foul or vulgar language.
Tends to be quiet and withdrawn.
Sometimes becomes confused, especially when runs go bad very early on. (He expects things to go wrong EVENTUALLY, but not IMMEDIATELY.)
Dislikes wet-work assassination jobs.
Secretly wishes he lived in a world without shadow jobs, but is stuck in this one. It's not that he hates his life, as much as that he longs for a world where this life would not choose anyone.

Background: His family are low-level mages, but he has no magical powers, and an abnormally low level of mana. When he was injured in an accident as a child, healing magic didn't work on him, so he had to be rebuilt with cultured bioware skin and bones. This left him in debt to a small international corporation (offices in Manhattan, London, and Los Angelis,) which makes corporate training videos. He was given a control rig and drone deck, and put in charge of running the camera truck and camera drones.
He ordered a helicopter drone with company credits for his own use, and received one with a gun built into it instead of a camera. He asked the legal department if he should turn it over to the Lone Star (who provided security for the housing development,) the Knights Errant (who provided security for the company he ordered it from,) or send it back with a note that they had sent the wrong package. Despite the fact that he had not powered the drone up, nor brought it to work, legal insisted on a complete shut-down of the security drone system and calling in a security spider (who didn't find anything.) During the shut-down, runners hit one of the studios, knocked out everyone there with magic, and then ran away. Legal insisted on destroying all footage in case it had been tampered with.
He was never convicted of, or even charged with, a crime. The security simply listed him as 'killed during the run' (even though it was in another building,) and took him outside to shoot. Smoke and flash bombs went off, and someone switched him for a dead body which was set on fire to disguise things. Security suspected a switch, but didn't report it (to avoid being labeled as failures by the productivity AI.) He woke up in an abandoned building with fake documents, and the ID of his car, apartment, and other belongings changed. He doesn't quite know what all this is about, but he's stuck playing the part he has been cast in.

Equipment/Combat Style: Has a basic Ford Americar, a basic helicopter drone (with a concealed gun disguised as a camera), a basic light pistol, and basic bulletproof business suit. Provides cover fire with his drone remotely, drives the car to transport 2 or 3 allies around, or fights with his pistol and survival knife if forced.

Cybernetics/Bioware: Control Rig, Enhanced Skin, and Enhanced Bones.

Qualities: Magic Resistance.

Experience: I have played this game a small amount, and understand most of the basic 5E rules. There is one matter I don't quite understand, however, which I will explain at the bottom.

Other: I get more initiative dice when hot-rigged into a vehicle than I do when controlling it via augmented reality. This means that I have a good chance to take more actions per round to move the vehicle. Does this mean that my car goes faster when I am hot-rigged into it than it does when I am not? I can think of a legitimate in-game explanation if the answer is 'yes': hot-rigging into a vehicle allows you to override the governor and exceed the legal speed limit.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 07:00 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8193
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Yamada, Hanako
left-aligned image
Code Name: Vulpine

Archetype: Thinking either Magician or AdeptTBD

Physical Description: Yamada Hanako is a woman of Japanese origin getting on in her years, her hair has started to show some traces of grey and her brown eyes are far from hiding the quinquagenarian's age... Yet despite this, she still has a rather youthful appearance. Yamada's not quite as quick or strong as she once was, but there's still plenty of life left in her which is shown by her lifestyle. Yamada is never seen without her greatcoat which has an embroidered pattern of four foxes forming a circle on the back and she's rarely seen wearing anything other than a The top two buttons of which are always left undone. She knows what draws people in.two-piece suit.

Personality: Yamada is an unapologetic hedonist, her life is meant to be enjoyed and pleasure is to be not only indulged in but shared with others. Yamada has been described by some as a temptress, she knows the exact kind of things whisper in order to tempt a married man to hit on the cute brunette at the end of the bar, always seems to have just the right kind of liqueur to tempt a recovered alcoholic into just one last drink. There's an underlying sense of malice in the tricks she plays.

In some bout of contrarianism, Yamada has a maternal instinct for younger women she considers friends; they always drink for free at the bar she manages or straight from her personal liqueur cabinet and her door is almost constantly open to them - so long as they call beforehand.

Background:
Yamada Hanako previously worked as a bodyguard for the chairman of the Yakai Clan. Details on how the Who at the time was Yakai KonyaYakai chairman met Yamada vary from person to person, but the one thing each has in common is that the chairman saw the immense potential within the woman, who he took from the Kirifuri Highland and raised to be a bodyguard for his heir: Yakai Maeda. Yamada and Maeda were notably close friends, there was rarely an event where the Kitsune of Yakai was not present with her respective chairman.

Hanako served as Maeda's bodyguard for his entire reign as chairman, retiring a year after the cause of Yakai Maeda's death was undiagnosed cancerhis death to help manage a Yakuza front operation in the United States: A nightclub... An environment filled with impressionable, hedonistic youth who more often than not had no aversion to the drugs peddled through the Yakuza dealers present in the club. The ideal place for a hedonist temptress like Vulpine.

Vulpine keeps her house well stocked with booze, food, and other... Delights for metahumans and she quite often finds herself bringing home someone to push down the rabbit hole.

Experience: I've played my fair share of Shadowrun, one or two games here on RPGX and one other game off on a different site a few years back.

Other:
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17609
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRawles View Post
It sure is daunting, but I've had worse!

Anyways as I said in the post, nobody should let the experience coefficient get in the way of putting an application in, I doubt I'll be able to fill out a whole team of newbies anyways
Well, it's amazing what a day makes.

I actually went home and decided to doodle with JamO, my submission to the 2020 Shadowrun Outplay, and then upon waking up, doodle some more before looking at my games only to find out the only Shadowrun game I'm in folded (RL happens <shrug>). While saddened and contemplating the fate of Ume, for some reason, I came up with the idea of using the Aged quality from R&G or RF to make an old guy who's a straight-up think Highlanderswordmaster, no magic, and no cybernetics but using Martial Arts. <shrug> I'll have to think about it.

The long and short of it is that I will be making a character for your game; I just have to decide on which concept to use

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

Sun - Thu: Normal / Fri & Sat: Usually Unavailable

Last edited by Silk; Sep 13th, 2021 at 07:38 PM.
Old Sep 13th, 2021, 08:03 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3040
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
The Russian Troll
left-aligned image

Code Name: Ovinnik
Metatype: Troll
Archetype: Physical Adept

Physical Description: Standing at just under 10ft tall (9 feet eight inches) and weighing in at five hundred pounds with horns, tasks striking out of his mouth and dermal plating sprouting out at various places, Yuri looks like a monster. While he looks imposing, his general physically demeanour is laid back and casual. He slouches when he talks with people, he keeps his hands in his pockets and tries to keep his tusks within his mouth. He generally has his brown hair trimmed into a crew cut to avoid loose hair while fighting and to try and maintain a professional and friendly look about him. It doesn’t really help.

Personality: Yuri is for the most part quiet. He's not one to blather on incessantly or needlessly, he'll speak politely when spoken to and short and to the point. He was raised to be a polite boy by his Babushka, and the most he'll swear is the occasional soft "frag" when the drek has really hits the fan. His Babushka taught him to be weary of his strength and just how strong he is and he takes that to heart, being very careful and deliberate while he moves. This kind of mindset is why he started taking up Jujitsu to control his strength and why he began learning about engineering and chemistry. All the better to put things back together again if you know how they work. He personally hates gangs and organised crime and vehemently hates where he's gotten to in life, a pawn of the Vory and treated as dumb muscle because he lost control once.

Background: Summary - College kid tries to pay for tuition through underground fight clubs. Kid becomes in debt to the Russian mob and is now completely under their thumb.

Experience: I have never been a player, but over the last six months I’ve been running my own 5E game IRL. Before that, nothing.

Other:

- Ovinnik is a real world myth from Slavic folklore. It’s a creature that burns down barns unless tribute was paid. These tributes were usually in the form of chickens and pancakes.

- Yuri lives out of his GMC Universe.

- Yuri's Babushka is not his blood relative or even a troll. She’s a dwarf. Yuri has never once in his life questioned this or even thought about how odd this was

Last edited by Preacherwolf; Sep 14th, 2021 at 11:35 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 12:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3594
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ

Doctored Credentials
right-aligned image
Code Name: Doktor Säge
Metatype: Dwarf

Archetype: Heavy Weapons/Demolitions, Doctor, Driver, Mechanic

Physical Description: Klaus is an old dwarf of German heritage, with white hair and beard, two chrome arms, a chrome dome, and wires running through his body. He keeps his goggles close at all times in case he needs to "hear" something, but often they're atop his head doing absolutely nobody any good.

Personality: Klaus tends to work in his own little world, tuning out whoever and whatever else is around him. Part of this is because he's deaf, but even beyond that he stays busy enough in his own head. Sometimes he mumbles or hums a tune, usually a sign that he's working something out. But as focused as he may seem he's also easily distracted. There's always something else to tinker with, so if something takes too long he may simply wander off and come back to it later. Which is unfortunate for a surgeon.

When working with others he tends to keep it brief. No need to overcomplicate things with an excess of words. The world is like a machine, sometimes requiring minor adjustments. So too is the body. Sometimes the tools are different for each, but sometimes they're the same. Klaus doesn't fuss about it. He just fixes it. Loudly.

Background: Klaus left the AGS about four years ago and nobody is quite sure why. However, when you're a mediocre street doc with a penchant for power tools and paramilitary gear, rumors abound. Some say he butchered a corp kiddie and had to get scarce. Others suspect he's an old Flux State radical that finally gave up the cause. But if you ask him, he will just point up to the sky and say, "Weather".

Experience: I played one or two games of 4e anniversary, then I've started maybe 3-4 games of 5e. Completed a couple of runs.

Last edited by AlphaZ; Sep 14th, 2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 11:27 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6940
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Expressing interest. What kind of group morality are you looking for here?

Application
right-aligned image
Code Name: Jak the Ripper

Archetype: Street Samurai/Nu Gangster

Physical Description: Jak is a male human of vaguely korean descent, but in a world of transhumanism, that's not really a huge deal. He is, however, most easily recognized by his signature cybernetics: Silvery cyber limbs etched over every inch with intricate scrollwork and eastern iconography. His skin is tanned, and both of his eyes have been replaced with cybernetics.

Personality: Jak is a bastard and a cyber-addict. Used to working in a gang, however, he keenly understands what a pecking order is, and will work with others or under a boss as long as the boss proves he's worth obeying. In the long run, though, Jak viewed his gang as a family he never had and is extremely protective of his family members, going so far as to risk getting killed in order to get revenge for a killed member or to rescue one from a bad way. However, his humanity ends at about that. As a long-lived member of a ripper crew, he has little to no hesitation to doing atrocious things to take what he wants. And what he wants is high-grade cyberware. He does *try* to leave the targets alive, and for the most part only targets people who have the money to get such good quality gear; targeting street level folks is neither cool nor rewarding. In essence, he prefers to target other quality cyberware snobs like him.

Jak's not averse to using performance enhancers to boost his ability in combat, and many of the times he's gone into battle stimmed up on enough drugs that one would think he wasn't expecting to come out alive either way. He's particularly fond of Jazz, which is a little more difficult to get ahold of but has excellent effects. He's somewhat aware of the dangers of going to excess, but in reality he recognizes that he doesn't care.

In summary, he has a grim worldview. He knows the world is a dark, shitty, ugly place and he's only in it to get as much enjoyment and fun out of it before he dies. If he keeps his edge, he'll probably make it a long time. If not... well, his life would never amount to much anyways.

Background: Born to a pair of Korean parents, the man now known as Jak experienced loss at an early age. Both parents killed in a shootout between a gang and security forces. Within the week of their death, his apartment building was burned down because of an accident during a drug bust on the lower floors. His arms badly burned and damaged during his escape from the 12th story inferno. He was picked up by a gang of younger kids, and given a chance to survive. Once he had proven himself, one of jak's first 'jobs' included getting his badly mangled arms replaced. He was loyal to the gang ever since.
Lived most of his teenage and now adult life as part of a ripper gang. The man known as Jak took to ripping as a way to fuel his own addiction to augmenting himself with cybernetics. He has developed a camaraderie with his built up family, and while 'business' is booming he'd help out his brothers and sisters get kitted out. When times are lean, as they are at the time of the game starting, Jak will sometimes take on a 'run to continue paying for his own vices.

Experience: Played a few games. Ran a game once. Would say... moderately experienced.

Other: Jak's a character I designed a while ago and played through an IRL game, so I have some experience playing him. He may come off as an ******* in his personality and backstory, but he does work well with teams and has the skills to be not quite as expendible as your usual gang-banger. The ripping stuff is backstory/background things and can be adjusted or toned down if it would make people uncomfortable. I just like this character because he has this vibe of actually being fully immersed in the crap end of the society pool of Shadowrun. He doesn't kill for fun, he has no time for propagating other mundane evils, but he still DOES have an addiction to getting augmentations.

Last edited by Runetide; Sep 14th, 2021 at 12:19 PM.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 12:04 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Well, it's amazing what a day makes.

I actually went home and decided to doodle with JamO, my submission to the 2020 Shadowrun Outplay, and then upon waking up, doodle some more before looking at my games only to find out the only Shadowrun game I'm in folded (RL happens <shrug>). While saddened and contemplating the fate of Ume, for some reason, I came up with the idea of using the Aged quality from R&G or RF to make an old guy who's a straight-up think Highlanderswordmaster, no magic, and no cybernetics but using Martial Arts. <shrug> I'll have to think about it.

The long and short of it is that I will be making a character for your game; I just have to decide on which concept to use
Bummerrrrrr, but hey, at least the timing could have been worse on that other game folding I suppose. Could have been when there were no other Shadowrun games recruiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Really depends on the applicants, but I'd say that a generally decent person would probably be the safest bet. Probably would avoid someone who does murders for fun (and the like) unless you really think that you can swing that in a group which wouldn't be happy to find that out.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 12:09 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18587
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Quote:
We are criminals, after all.

But there's a pretty thick line between 'criminal' and 'monster'.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 12:16 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6940
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Welp, My application definitely skirts that line. Has good intentions, for the most part, but in the process has done some monstrous things. All with reasons, for sure.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 12:23 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Welp, My application definitely skirts that line. Has good intentions, for the most part, but in the process has done some monstrous things. All with reasons, for sure.
Which is just fine, as long as he's not just explicitly a monster who bludgeons babies to death with the candy he just stole from them and suchlike I doubt that the party's going to do anything about it except say things like 'he's kinda a bastard isn't he?' behind his back.
Old Sep 14th, 2021, 12:45 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3962
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Or to his face...