Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Frufanu
New to 5E

Haven't played since the 80's and new to the 5E style of gameplay. Wanting to get back into it, but not a lot of time and availability of in-person players in my area. Brand spanking new to PbP gaming, so this is a new world for me. Not exactly sure how to proceed, but definitely willing to learn get back into some RPG'ing.
Old Yesterday, 01:36 AM
E X N O X L U X

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6842
ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex ElderOblex
So I guess this would be an appropriate welcome, then?

Welcome to the Crossing, Frufanu! I would suggest your 1st stop, after looking at the Site Rules, of course, would be the New Player Solo Game area. It's one of the best ways to familiarize yourself with the feel of PbP. You get a personal DM too, someone who's very well-versed with all the ins and outs here and I'm sure would be glad to answer any questions you might have.

So, D&D from the 80s, eh? Do tell us one of your favorite moments gaming back then!

Posting: Please expect erratic posting until Feb :'(
Old Yesterday, 03:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1449
Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko Yamaneko
Welcome to the site Frufanu! I will second checking out the New Player Solo Game. It's a great way to get used to the site and get involved!
Old Yesterday, 07:21 AM
Starlight Brigadier

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16156
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!

RyuutamaWanderhome [OPEN RECRUITMENT]
Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 77186
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

PbP is very flexible to your schedule... one of the benefits! Glad you joined us, hope you have a good time catching up and shaking the rust off.

Happy gaming!
Old Yesterday, 09:20 AM
#Bard4Life

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21575
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Heyas, Frufanu. I like your username. Welcome to the site!
PCs: Fioravanti No-Last-Name | Ingetrude "Tru" Frostblossom |Myrrh the Burned
Old Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Proverbs 27:17

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3683
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Welcome Frufanu to the site.

Like others before me, I highly recommend checking out the https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4923New Player Solo Game off the main forum's Solo Games/New Gamers. There are 13th Age, Call of Cthulhu, DnD (3.5, 4, 5), FATE, Pathfinder (1), and Travelers many game systems to pick from and once signed up, you will be paired with a patient and helpful GM that can help show you the ropes of how to do things at this site. They can also be an excellent person to ask any questions to while you are getting up to speed on things.

While doing the solo game first will help teach you all the logistics of how to play here, you are more than welcome to start looking at all the open game recruitment threads. And there really isn't anything stopping you from submitting a character to one of those games as well, even while you play through a solo game.

I am curious about your username. What does it mean? Or where did it come from?

Anyway, enjoy your time here.

Posting Status (Monday through Friday: Normal | Saturday and Sunday: Offline for Family Time)
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5008
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Frufanu! I see you've applied to a 5E New Player Solo Game. Enjoy!

PbP is a perfect way to game on a busy schedule. Hope you enjoy the site!
Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30428
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Welcome, Frufranu! Have fun exploring RPG Crossing!
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35392
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hey, Frufranu! Way to kick it off. You've done the dice thread. You've signed up for the NPSG. You're on this! For someone who says they are entering "a new world," you're doing great at mastering it!

Hope you enjoy exploring the threads, finding games that you might be interested or just reading up on some old Hall of Fame games to see what the possibilities and limitations are for Play by Post.

Glad you have joined us and hope to see you around the boards!
Old Today, 11:43 AM
Belle-Sprout

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21864
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hey there, Frufanu! Welcome to the site. I'm not sure if your name's got a specific meaning, but it sure is fun to say aloud! Frufanu. Fruuuufanu!

Gosh, ElderOblex linking to that song has me wanting to play a City of Brass game. Back when I was first getting into DnD in the early aughts, I read an old random blog like website of someone narrating their DnD campaign from their character's point of view. Some of it was set in Al-Qadim, and I found it absolutely enchanting. There was a lot of good stuff in that edition. Is that the one you largely played, before now?

If you've got any questions, let us know! We're happy to help.
Old Today, 01:36 PM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30091
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Good evening Frufanu,

Spotted your post in the 5E solo game waiting list, very clever move! And ofcourse, welcome over here, being brand-new is the perfect way to start your RPG-career

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~