RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 07:38 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53450
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Damn you, Inu, damn you straight to Baator.

I've read and am running it offline, hopefully that won't be a problem.

Thinking of potentially playing a Ranger of Keoland (big R, but probably the class too). How's the UA on Class Features that came out this week? One day I'll read before I ask questions.

Also in your Greyhawk how S&S are we going?

Last edited by Sassafrass; 11-08-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 479
p02flapjack p02flapjack p02flapjack p02flapjack p02flapjack
Philip Berevan
left-aligned image
Name: Philip Berevan

Concept: Half Elf Storm Sorcerer of a fallen noble family. The original elf progenitors are way back in the family lineage. It has been half elves for several generations.

Appearance: Young, good looking Half Elf male. He tends get by on his good looks and charm. He has the general build of a human, if a bit more slender. His facial features are a smooth blend of elvish sharp angles and human softness. He is tall with a slight build. Having never worked as a laborer, he never gained any bulk. He In reality, his family fortune is gone along with his family. He spends his days rubbing elbows with Saltmarsh nobles while trying to catch a lucky break to turn his fortune around.

RP: Philip was born during the worst storm in a century. His noble house wasn't superstitious; so, he heard very little about the portents and signs that others in Saltmarsh attributed to the storm. He grew up with a group of irresponsible trouble makers. Although they never got into serious trouble, they did gain a reputation around town that has followed them into adulthood. Several of the gang are now working on fishing and cargo boats. Philip and his best friend, Ormal, moved up in society.

Things were very good for Philip for a while. His family's business, an import/trade company, was doing well. Ormal was also doing quite well through his family's ties. Years went by and Ormal and Philip maintained their friendship with a small rivalry. Ormal invited Philip to invest in a lucrative venture. However, Philip learned that it was an illegal smuggling operation, and he declined to invest. He regrets it every day of his life. He can't be sure, but he suspects Ormal's smuggling operation is putting his legitimate company out of business. He is quickly headed toward destitution, and Ormal is obscenely wealthy. His family, disgraced, packed up and left Saltmarsh. They chose to cut ties with Philip, as they saw their situation as his fault. He spends his remaining wealth trying to associate with successful business owners in Saltmarsh. But the stink of desperation clings to Philip.

When the reality of his situation set in, he was dejected and ready to end it all. One night, he stole a skiff and rowed out into the darkness. He thought he had prepared his soul, but couldn't do it. As he rowed back with mixed feelings about the outcome of the night, a terrible storm approached. His rowing could not outpace the advance of the storm, and he was quickly in the thick of it. He managed to keep the boat afloat for an hour. His strength was nearly spent, and he fell back into the boat ready to give up. Lying down on his back and looking up to the sky, he saw the brightly lit center of the storm. It was an elemental! The elemental saw the half elf watching it and approached. It looked at him curiously and Philip could hear a voice like thunder, "Ho ho ha! It's time for you to awaken!" Philip was filled with an energy he never could previously imagine. He regained the strength to make it back to shore. Ever since, he had ever growing powers that he was learning to control.
This campaign looks really interesting. I'd be really excited to participate.

Last edited by p02flapjack; 11-10-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:24 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 119
Librarian Librarian
I love the way you formatted this ad! If you're willing to take on a brand newbie I'd love to apply. I'm literally just learning 5e so I'm still figuring out character ideas but I think I have one that would work.
Old 11-10-2019, 07:25 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Telmannister
Character name: Velthuin Beshair

Character Concept: Velthuin was born a Marsher, the hardy folk who have forsaken civilized comforts for the freedom from persecution and legal burdens. His life has known only the Marsh and its unyielding natural balance, the struggles of hunting, foraging, and gardening are a matter of course. Following in the traditions of his father, Velthuin is a skilled hunter and tracker, whose ranging abilities are acclimated to dark and dim environments; stalking their prey in the gloomy bounds of the swamp. Not all in his family firmly believe in the gifts of the Marsh, and his uncle has brought with him books of the cities, which the young mind of Velthuin has absorbed with rapt attention. So captivated has Velthuin become that he's even wondered aloud if the familial warnings of ritual sacrifice and the hexing powers of all the cities of the world might be overstated. This desire to know more, and a longing for something greater has taken root inside Velthuin, driving him towards the edges of the marsh, willing a spark.

Appearance: Descended from Half-Elf Marsher parents, the young Velthuin has just come of age, and shares the lithe frame and pointed ears common among half elves. Though his shoulder length Auburn hair often obscures this heritage. While taller than many true born elves, Velthuin is relatively short by human standards, though living deep within the swamp has left him unaware of this disparity. His gaunt cheeks and weathered skin highlight the demanding life of a Marsher, and stand in contrast to his vibrantly icy blue eyes. His wardrobe is functionally humble and worn thin, owing to the fact that everything he's owned has been homemade. The only exception to this is his light green tunic, which he's purchased upon arrival in Saltmarsh, with the money he earned navigating a hapless merchant through the marsh.

Storied RP Samples:

-Of fangs and foils-

-Second Sample-

In Progress.

Last edited by Telmannister; 11-10-2019 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:49 AM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3971
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
@Sassafrass:

Not a problem at all. Just try to keep player knowledge separate from character knowledge, and we're a-o-k.

How S+S am I going? Hmm...
  • I am looking for characters that are motivated to adventure. Adventures aren't necessarily going to be "against the forces of evil" nor "saving the world from peril", or anything of that nature. You might fight truely evil things, and save the town in the meantime; but like Conan the Barbarian, it's the byproduct of hunting for treasure, vengeance, fun, or some other thing. For some reason, the usual life of being a [Sailor, soldier, trader, etc.your PC's background] is less appealing than adventuring.
  • There's a healthy criminal component to Saltmarsh, and they need not be your enemy. The morally grey component is there and available.
  • So, one thing I'm not going to have is fantasy superstitions/bigotry against non-humans and magic users. Not that I think it's an inherently bad trope, I just struggle playing it out personally. In addition, I think Saltmarsh (as presented in this campaign) is a bit more diverse than 1E/2E Greyhawk - there's even Tiefling from the Empire of Iuz buying fish en masse down at the market.
  • This isn't to say that all magic is friendly, or treated as friendly by common folk. It's just that a wizard who casts Firebolt isn't going to be assumed to be a demon worshipper. On the contrary, a warlock who does creepy stuff might get called out for their creepy doings.
  • Less knights in shining armor, more rogues in salt-crusted leathers... but the town itself has nice people and bad ones, and the skies aren't always grey.

I hope that sheds some light on how I'm looking at it. I can answer other questions on the topic if you like.

@Librarian: Thanks! I love spending a bit of time to make the advertisement neat.

As for being new, that's just fine.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:55 AM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3971
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Also, I've set the application deadline at Wednesday, November 27th; the day before American Thanksgiving.

My logic there is so all the apps are in, I can review the list over the following few days, and by Monday after the holiday- we'll come back to make some characters.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:53 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Zangul
oocfor reference to the barbarian primal path https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/d..._Barbarian.pdf

Name: Cervantes Seabaron

CHARACTER CONCEPT Cervantes is a Goliath Barbarian of the coastal Tribe "Storm Raiders". Raised by the nomadic sea barbarians as one of their own. He follows the path herald of the storm. The tribe is no longer around and most perished at sea. Cervantes is looking for a place to make a mark for his name and have songs sung about his heroics and adventures, looking for fame any way he can get it.

APPEARANCE: Cervantes Seabaron Stands at an astonishing height of 8ft, and weighs in at 550lbs of pure rock hard muscle. His facial features is that of a rough neck, stubbly beard long black hair with a red and black bandana on his head. Across his chest from right shoulder to his lower left side of his hip he wears a belt, no shirt, for pants he wears tattered black and white striped cotton pants. On his feet he wears black boots. He also has his old ships banner draped like a Cape down his back. The banner is black with a Red Flagoon of ale on it. He wields an anchor as a weapon as a human or Dwarf would wield a war hammer as a weapon.

ROLEPLAY: " Lower the sails, raise the anchor, set heading north" The quarter master mans the helm. Four sailors lower the main mast and the other 3 sails. I raise the anchor. The ship (Flagon of the sea) moves north out of the bay. The ship makes it to open waters

Last edited by Zangul; Yesterday at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3015
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
I will be updating app later tonight
Old 11-12-2019, 03:14 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Application
Name: Kamen Stoneheart
right-aligned image

Proposed Class: Fighter

Background: Haunted One

Character Concept: Once a simple miner/stone mason but one fateful tragedy changed all that. On a mission to destroy In this case, meaning: monsters, demons, devils, etc. He could care less about alignment.. unless you're aligning yourself with these monsters.evil wherever it may lie.
Mechanically: Male Mountain Dwarf. Leaning towards Fighter. Chaotic Good. Possibly Paladin but I would need to research to find the right fit.

WIP

Last edited by Treble83; 11-13-2019 at 03:52 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1423
Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon Finrod Ancalímon
ApplicationCharacter name: Raven Stormbringer
right-aligned image

Character Concept: Variant human Tempest Cleric

Appearance: WIP

RP Samples: WIP

You got me once! But you won't get me twice, Finrod the sneaky!

Last edited by Finrod Ancalímon; Yesterday at 07:30 PM.