Characters Valeria Bonham, Half-Elven Servant of the Faith - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Stories of Sanctum > Character Applications
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-03-2014, 09:11 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41993
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Valeria Bonham, Half-Elven Servant of the Faith

Application Status: Application Complete!

left-aligned image
Name: Valeria Bonham of the Order of the Greywatch
Nicknames: Val, Eria, a few things too rude to mention

Concept: 24-year-old 5'10", 155-pound, emotionally-abused half-elven female'half-breed' raised by a clerical uncle to Inquisitor (Anger Inquisition) 1 / Ranger (Divine Tracker) 3+serve the Faith
Mentality: Opposition of the Faith will not be tolerated; its Will will be enforced with blood if needs be.

Skillset: minor divine magicks, tracking, melee or ranged combatant
Talents: hunting animals, monsters, and men alike
Role: church representative and local guide

With long hair hiding her ears it's often hard to tell that Valeria is anything other than a human with more angular features, but with a good look at her or prior knowledge of her uncle's features, she gets a good deal of flak for being partly elven. This has led to more and more of a wedge being driven between Val and the common man, and supporting the resentful but ramrod-straight path she walks. It doesn't help that her feet have learned stealth in quiet woods, or that she walks more like a feline huntress than a city-bound human. Depending on what duties she is pursuing, her clothing is generally a cross between the garb of Faith and her target environment. If ranging in forest, she could be mistaken for a trapper, her holy symbol usually hidden under the layers of camouflage. Working within a city, she tends to dress formally, her badge of office worn with pride. These days it would take an order from the Queen herself to get Val into a dress.

Valeria as a girl was bullied increasingly until she learned to keep to herself. She promptly learned to embrace the Faith's opinions of race and status, and the wry insults occasionally forced out of her have become more cutting than those of the humans around. (Val's racial insults are at their worst just after someone insults her own heritage, or when there are people whose opinions matter to the Faith or Sanctum present.) She isn't consciously aware that she pushes such a vehement facade, nor that her ire over racial matters is rooted in the injustice shown her, but if such were ever pointed out it's likely she would slowly recognize the difference between the attitudes she has adopted to fit in and the genuine feelings she has stifled. This wouldn't change her plans to oppose the enemies of the Faith, but would definitely change the way she goes about it, and limit the outbursts of her temper, which currently gets sharpened on friends and enemies alike. To Valeria, the Faith isn't a belief system, it's hard fact, so the sooner others realize this, the easier time they will have dealing with her.

Aethera's NotesI am on RPGX almost daily, and this doesn't change much. I do get frequent migraines, but I'm usually able to work on a post over a longer period of time and still come up with something worthwhile. Might mean that some of my posts aren't as good as others, but I do my utmost not to be holding up games. I think most of my games end up at a 2-3 posts per week rate, which is comfortable for me. If we go faster, I should be able to keep up. Slower is easy, obviously.

Last edited by Aethera; 10-29-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11442
Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling
"What'd I learn from my own kind? Spells, swordplay, and a disdain for the law and its keepers. From the humans? Alcoholism, how to pick a lock, and ways to use the common tongue to incite men into leaping upon my blade. It's been an exciting decade for me."
~Morrigan, the Witch of Blades
Old 10-11-2014, 02:17 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Old 10-22-2014, 04:48 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
Darkling, I'm working on the "allies and enemies" request you made, but I realized pretty quick that the most relevant NPCs are those in the Thornwood Borderlands which are the setting for this game. Do you mind if I name the Cleric of the Faith in Sloan, or do you already have those NPCs all laid out? I don't want to contradict your world. I can always leave them unnamed if that's easier for you to process.

I'm also curious what you think the protocols would be for a solo Knight-Inquisitor patrolling an area that includes the Thornkeep. Would she stay at the keep when she arrived? If she's concerned with Sloan, would she stay there? Or are there Inquisitorial "guard posts" of some sort that would be her hub?

Last edited by Aethera; 10-22-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics
Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling Darkling
"What'd I learn from my own kind? Spells, swordplay, and a disdain for the law and its keepers. From the humans? Alcoholism, how to pick a lock, and ways to use the common tongue to incite men into leaping upon my blade. It's been an exciting decade for me."
Old 10-23-2014, 10:30 AM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Aethera; 10-27-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:52 PM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Darkling; 10-28-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:42 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
Old 11-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics
Old 11-06-2014, 08:09 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
Old 11-07-2014, 02:34 AM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Darkling; 11-07-2014 at 02:34 AM.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:55 AM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics
Old 11-09-2014, 02:36 AM
Whiskey Jack

Tools
User Statistics
Old 11-13-2014, 02:58 PM
for the love of kittehs

Tools
User Statistics