Game Thread Your First Assignment. - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: S-V > The Clash of Titans
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7958
lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16
Holly follows them and answers Cassandra, I've ridden a horse before...Never faster than a walk though, and never in plate. Actually, never a war stallion either, only coursers.

Trying her best to seem resolute, she adds insistently, But I've ridden! Anything beyond that, I trust the Lord of War will provide, if need be.

After this, she starts examining what was in her pack for things to leave in the tent, and then, off it was, to get ahorse and seek her first taste of true worship. War was beckoning.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:22 AM
Cue Ominous Music

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2151
Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo
"Lord of War. Hah." Cassandra snorts. "Get real, girl. How a soft little fool like you can purport to be a servant of a god of war is beyond me. I'll meet you all at the stables, and maybe I can keep you from breaking your pretty little neck as you fall off in fright the moment you actually see combat."

The ranger removes her small and packed backpack from her tent, slinging it easily across her back, then heads towards the stable and her horse.
The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil.
-Sister Miriam Godwinson, Alpha Centauri

Last edited by Fading Echo; 07-03-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 223
Slolivin Slolivin Slolivin
Glen follows Cassandra and quickens his pace to match hers. "Why are you so tough with her? She has different beliefs from you, she is young, but we are going to work together. I won't trust here with my life until she earns it, but attacking her does nothing to help her. Try and keep her confidence up and hope she'll surprise us."

He sees the stables ahead and continues "I think you should ride ahead as we get close and locate the caravan. We'll find a suitable spot for an ambush and then we'll see what Holly has to offer." He turns to the stable boy "fetch a warhorse, we ride within the hour."
Old 07-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Cue Ominous Music

Tools
User Statistics
Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo Fading Echo
"You ask why I'm tough on her, then list the exact reasons why I'm tough on her?" Cassandra asks with a raised eyebrow. "I understand you less than I thought."

The nomad finds Amaur exactly where she stabled the horse, and the brown animal nickers in recognition as the ranger approaches. Cassandra spends several minutes with the horse while the others dicker about, opening saddlebags and pulling out brushes and combs to groom the horse with care. If anyone listens closely, the ranger quietly whispers to the horse as she grooms, with the animal sometimes nickering or snorting, seemingly in response to the nomad's words.

After several minutes, however, Cassandra smiles at the horse and stows the brushes, then climbs lightly into the saddle. She fits her backpack into place with the other saddlebags, then places her bow and quiver on her back before leading the horse out of the stable, riding even in these confined quarters with ease and confidence.
The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesteryear. But it was never the streets that were evil.

Last edited by Fading Echo; 07-03-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:49 AM
In the flesh?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Eleanor Rigby
Sahar glares for a second at the back of Cassandra, tightens her lips, and then turns to Holly, assuming she must be nervous about the mission and from Cassandra's continuing taunts on her. "Are you okay?" she asks, noting to herself how weird it is that the person she is talking to is the lady of the city she used to live in.
But the road to empire is a bloody, stupid waste'"
Old 07-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7958
lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16 lcg16
Soft…little…what? Holly was so insulted she couldn’t even find any words to reply before the only slightly taller nomad had gone off to the stables already. Soft maybe true, yes, but Holly was taller than everyone in there band, except the surprisingly tall mounted warrior…surprising, because her Father had always told her the best cavaliers tended to be short and lean, weighing their mounts down as little as possible. That’s why the halfling cavalry was so admired.

And fool? Holly could only seethe as she knew well enough not to turn her anger on the elf. She only meant well, asking that. As okay as someone who’d just been spoken like that to. I am a warpriest, and I will prove it, curse her. And with that, she stomped off to the stables…
Old 07-05-2009, 09:12 AM
In the flesh?

Tools
User Statistics
Eleanor Rigby
When Holly left, Sahar turned to Kaleb. "I hope she will indeed prove it. I will help her, if need. Cassandra is very mean on her, and I would very much like to hear her apologize." after a second thought, she added, "Can you see that happening?"
Old 07-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Taste the rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32
MrCompetition
"If she saw some gain or honestly thought she had been proven wrong." The sorcerer answers after a moment of thought. "But I doubt her pride would allow either of those circumstances to come to pass. What I fear most troubling is the likely outcome of Cassandra's teasings. Holly will probably try to prove her wrong, as you hope, and end up putting herself or the rest of us in danger because of it. Oye." Kaleb sighs and shakes his head. "After I've gathered my things, I will try to talk the horsewoman into letting up a little on our little warpriest. Would you mind trying to calm Holly down?"
I did not expect this much drama when I signed up. Hopefully it'll stop being annoying soon and become more interesting.

Last edited by MrCompetition; 07-05-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:15 PM
In the flesh?

Tools
User Statistics
Eleanor Rigby
"I guess you're right. This may be the worst outcome." Sahar agrees. "Try talk to Cassandra. I can try to calm Holly, but this was the first time I have ever spoken to her and it didn't go very well... She is well aware that what she had told Holly wasn't the smartest thing to say, but after all, that was what she wanted to know. "I'm just afraid she will see it as if I'm treating her like a child, and that is definitely not my intending. I can try, though." She shrugs. Good luck with Casandra, I guess."
She leaves towards the stables, paying one glance at the beautiful sky, and finds Holly. After making sure Cassandra was well out of earshot, she turns to Holly again. "I am sorry I asked you that." She starts as honest as she can. "I know it was a foolish thing to ask. But I do hope you are okay. Don't let Cassandra stop you from feeling all right... She stops, thinking another second what to say. "The rest of us believe in you. And we don't listen to Cassandra. She is mean to everyone." Sahar finishes, hoping, but not sure, that she did well.

Last edited by Eleanor Rigby; 07-05-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Taste the rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
MrCompetition
After gathering his things and obtaining his mount from the stables, the young sorcerer seeks out Cassandra. "When you have a moment to spare, I'd like to have a few words with you."
Old 07-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Cue Ominous Music

Tools
User Statistics
"If this is about our little princess," Cassandra replies dryly, "Then forget it. If she thinks I've been, spirits forbid, mean, that is both her perogative and her problem. If it's about something that matters, however, I can talk now."
Old 07-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 223
Slolivin Slolivin Slolivin
Glen receives his mount and guides it out, ready to depart. He sees the sorcerer trying to talk with Cassandra and shakes his head "Glad he's trying to smooth things over as well, but that woman is thick headed" he mutters. "Does she not understand that we are working as allies, not enemies. There will be enough out there for us to fight without having to worry about her fighting with our own group." He heaves a sigh and mounts his horse. He adjusts himself in the saddle and waits for the others to gather and be ready to go.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Taste the rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
MrCompetition
"You correctly guessed the subject, but not the context." Kaleb replies, already feeling annoyed with the woman. "You can be as mean and rude to any of us as you want, I honestly don't care about that. However, I do believe that you should be a bit more careful with your words around... 'the little princess' as you put it. It is obvious to all of us that she is not much of a warrior. She is, however, a cleric. Don't keep pushing her to prove herself in battle unless you wish to be without a healer." Putting a bit of sarcasm into his voice, the sorcerer adds "Unless the weapons of our enemies are too dull and slow to hit such an accomplished warrior as yourself, then by all means convince our medic to get herself killed." Having said what he came to, Kaleb guides his mount over to Glen, hoping to end the conversation then and there. People like her just bug the crap out of me. Just because she's good at what she does the rest of us might as well be the dung on the bottom of her shoe. If I were to use her logic, then anyone unable to cast a simple light spell wouldn't even be worth my time of day.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Cue Ominous Music

Tools
User Statistics
"If she refuses to fulfill her role in combat because a soldier goaded her," Cassandra replies contemptuously, "Then she is highly unreliable in any event and I would not willingly place my life in her hands. That said, children on the steppes usually develop that need to prove themselves shortly after they can walk. I've had three children, and two of them have lived long enough to ride their horses and swing a sword, so I'm willing to sheperd Holly through the usual stresses and dangers of growing up, like the need to prove oneself, what happens when you do something stupid and get yourself or someone else injured or killed, and coming to terms with death."

The ranger shrugs. "I never thought I'd have to play mother in the army, but Holly has a lot of growing up left to do. My children went through what she's going through a few years ago, not long after they learned how to use a sword without serious risk of injury, so raising Holly in the real face of the world isn't anything new to me. I'm just hoping she's faster on the pickup than my son is-I still don't think the boy knows how to properly skin and gut an elk, no matter how many times I've demonstrated"
Old 07-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Taste the rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
MrCompetition
"Blah blah blah, in the steppes, blah blah, your children." Kaleb replies, feeling extremely annoyed at this point. "Don't care, not relative to our current situation. Not in the steppes, not among your people, you don't have to play mother, and stop misunderstanding what I'm saying. Holly will fulfill her role, she's too nice not to. What I meant is that she would try to play warrior to prove herself to you and probably get killed in the process. She'll grow up when she sees the corpses piling up and those unlucky enough to still be breathing. Or she'll die, I hear that happens a lot in war. Until then, stop trying to instruct her. She'll ask for assistance when she needs it and instruction as soon as she realizes how little she knows. So please, stop your preaching, that's her job." And give it a rest, our poor aching heads will thank you later.