PF-1e The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 13th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Warrior of Derpness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14751
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
I fixed up a couple things and added an RP sample. I, uh, need to double-check when I actually got that edit in... >.>

That is how I feel.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 01:03 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29974
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoAvanti View Post
I fixed up a couple things and added an RP sample. I, uh, need to double-check when I actually got that edit in... >.>
Geo,

Go with what you think works the best for Alexis... if you think PsyWar is the way to go, then do it. Just remember with great power is an equally huge price tag!

Team,

First, I was not able to type up all of the reviews like I wanted to with all of my other responsibilities. But I will post those that I have and finished throughout the week. Based on this, currently, Phase 2 PMs will not go out until probably Friday. Apologize for the delay.

Onward!

Cheers, Xian
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 01:10 AM
And... he's back

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10687
AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike
right-aligned image

Name: Dresmorlin
Race: Drow (Don’t really care if I just use elf template)
Class: Wizard
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Place of Origin: The Underdark in the Forgotten Realms
Appearance/Personality: Dresmorlin is your typical blue eyed, white haired Drow though his eyes have a hallow sunken look to them. Given what he went through going to the Forsaken plane it’s understandable. He normally wears an expression that something bad is about to happen and is not happy about it. That can range from looking grim to being very calculating. He used to be a bit more positive about life but now, in this place, not so much.

What aspect of your character attracted the attention of the Dark Powers? Well, he is under the assumption it is his knowledge of the planes, the Forsaken Plane specifically. He believes he was brought here to be used in some fashion for what he knows. The question is, what does he know that’s worth the price it cost to bring him here?

Last edited by AlwaysCivilMike; Jan 14th, 2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 01:14 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Reviews so Far....

Team,

Here is the latest table with what I believe are the updates. If I missed you, just post a note and I will get on it... as previously mentioned, I found myself unable to write all of them so I posted those I got done and will finish the remainder over the week as work (home and office) both ramped up exponentially.

Player Character Name Race Class Land of Origin Complete?
pianoman90 Dennis Crispin Human Alchemist 2/Barbarian 1 Daggermark - Off Plane Phase I Complete
Digorig Valtyra (Val) Shunso Aasimar Cleric Golarian, City of Absalom Phase I Complete
PopCultureBard Ephram Du'chaine Half-Elf Cavalier / Rogue Golarian - Galt Phase I Complete
Sassafrass Pending Pending Pending Pending Posted Interest
Cedric Pending Pending Pending Pending Posted Interest
Ratpigeon Akadis Stormhal Human Sorcerer (Sage Bloodline with Tattooed Sorcerer Archetype) Forsaken Plane - Ustalav Phase I Complete
GeoAvanti Alexis Lightbringer Shifter TBD Eberron - Znir Work in Progress - Concept
Jarl11 Pending Pending Pending Pending Interest
MalchiorTheForgotten Brooklyn "Rook" Requiem Human Investigator (Steel Hound) Off World - Lake Aries Phase I Complete
suburbanplankton Marcius Laparix Dhampir Magus Golarian, Taldor Phase I Complete
OneDarkness Raven Human Inquisitor - Zon-Kuthon Golarian, Absalom Phase I Complete
Narsis John Dhampir Oracle - Hunger - Wasting Golarian, Andoran Work in Progress
Cristal08Darkmoon Kilara Night Tiefling Ranger (Demonslayer) Golarian, Absalom Phase I Complete
kaylara Kallev Littleton Aasimar Sorcerer (Bloodline?) Forsaken Plane - Luminous Phase I Complete
PassionFruit Pending Pending Pending Pending Posted Interest

Here is snippet from the Campaign Information for the Game Folders that I wanted to share especially for those that comments and those still waiting alike.

The Forsaken Planes is a low magic setting, not unlike those found on the material plane. Spellcasters are rare, and common folk seldom witness the supernatural, understanding it only through folklore, though that folklore is very prevalent. Subtle and unknown to all but the select and rare few, the natural laws of the Forsaken Plane have been insidiously re-written.

Good and Evil - Villainous and Virtuous. Evil is the seed at the heart of the Forsaken Plane. This evil though and those that would become its inmates are not mindless or slavering beasts. The heart of evil is choice and through those choices the denizens of the Forsaken Plane are damned to torment or redeemed. Mere evil is not enough to attract the Dark Powers on the Forsaken Plane. Despite the corruption of evil and the damned, they share the same motivations as countless other folks; they hope for love, crave respect or even yearn for acceptance. Yet those who turn to evil on the Forsaken Plane are not poor, misunderstood souls damned through no fault of their own. Their selfish natures perverts simple wants and needs into obsessive lusts and they earn their damnation through the commission of horrid crimes. Those damned are all the more monstrous for the empathy one might feel for them, not in spite of it. Even when forced to face their transgressions, most damned remain or choose to remain obstinately blind to their own failings and faults, instead lashing out for perceived wrongs and persecution. Those damned to the Forsaken Planes bound not unlike Tantalus in the underworld, tormented by their greatest desires. This is the point where the characters come in, as stated there is no such a thing as true neutral. Every sentient being has a tendency one way or the other on the ethical and moral axes.

The Powers have drawn the characters for a purpose. For the villainous, The Powers will seek to test how far they will go to fulfill their greatest of desires... to see whether they will choose salvation over damnation by denying their greatest desire. In character, this means that the character must find thing to things that would cause them to reconsider... realistically... fulfilling their greatest desire.

For the virtuous, The Powers have chosen them not because that they are immaculate or incorruptible. The Powers bring the virtuous to the Forsaken Planes because they possess moral flaws or fault lines that are strong enough to cause a true dilemma when the virtuous battle corruption so that they must choose between maintaining that virtue and something the value or care for very much. The fear of loss because the shadows of greed and lust that easily can turn down a dark path, that once it has a hold will not easily let go.

Spells and abilities that detect ethical alignment (law-chaos) functions normally, but no magic can directly and accurately detect the moral alignment (good-evil axis). By shielding evil, mortals/characters must now rely solely on their judgment, to make choices on those judgments, and ultimately live with those consequences. Good and evil are locked in an eternal struggle. Those who preserve their innocence are subtly protected from the forces of darkness, while those who commit evil acts risk falling to these ethereal powers, their minds and bodies slowly warping to reflect their new inner corruption. Those who wholly embrace the lures of The Powers and the evil can and will find themselves bound to the Plane in prisons of their making. (and become NPCs)

This is the essence of the Forsaken Plane, where innocence and virtue battle corruption and evil. Where love can destroy or redeem. Where magic cannot overcome morality and divine justice or whatever The Powers may be comes to all.

Reviews below for those that are complete. Rest pending! Thanks!

Cheers, Xian

Old Jan 13th, 2016, 02:55 AM
Warrior of Derpness

Tools
User Statistics
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
I'm going with Feral Hunter.

I could give some lame excuses on why I chose, but I definitely won't say that it was the result of a coin flip.

I totally rolled a d2 instead

That is how I feel.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31292
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig

Last edited by Digorig; Jan 13th, 2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 10:19 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
OK...after reading Xian's last post...I'm just a little bit frightened. I mean, all I did was eat all the leftover Chinese food - that's not such a bad thing, is it? But now...I'm scared.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 01:17 PM
And... he's back

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10687
AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanplankton View Post
OK...after reading Xian's last post...I'm just a little bit frightened. I mean, all I did was eat all the leftover Chinese food - that's not such a bad thing, is it? But now...I'm scared.
Eating all the leftover Chinese will take you straight to hell....sorry. LOL. I would take that over a draft application that I knew I should sit on for a night because...well it's a draft for a reason. I spotted a few "what the hell did I write" sentences and someone was polite enough to point out some third grade grammar errors. I guess the saying is true: "You never get a second chance to make a horrible first impression." Luckily I nailed it on the first try *rolls eyes*
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanplankton View Post
See you're already getting in the spirit of the game! Don't worry... unless there is mist outside of your door. In which case, you have your answer!

Onward!

Cheers, Xian

Old Jan 13th, 2016, 01:40 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
oops forgot to mention her bloodline. Given her background, lets go with Celestial bloodline.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1228
suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton suburbanplankton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xian View Post
See you're already getting in the spirit of the game! Don't worry... unless there is mist outside of your door. In which case, you have your answer!

Onward!

Cheers, Xian
Crap...and I'm fresh out of lamb's blood!

I do have a couple sheep's heads in the freezer though...maybe one of them on a spike on the front porch would do the trick?

Last edited by suburbanplankton; Jan 13th, 2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Warrior of Derpness

Tools
User Statistics
I don't know about mist, but I definitely have snow here.

Which is awesome. Snow is awesome. And Cool.

It gives me a boost to my Saves v Fear.

So I might have to work a little harder to get into the proper spirit of the game...

That is how I feel.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 07:51 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Question: with the note : "no magic can directly and accurately detect the moral alignment (good-evil axis)" does that affect abilities too? Example a sword that is good aligned, usually bestows a neg level if used by evil... or how about a holy weapon? Normally damages evil.. do they just not work anymore or dont exist? How about damage reduction or spells like protection, do they all lose the bonus vs good or evil?
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylara View Post
Question: with the note : "no magic can directly and accurately detect the moral alignment (good-evil axis)" does that affect abilities too? Example a sword that is good aligned, usually bestows a neg level if used by evil... or how about a holy weapon? Normally damages evil.. do they just not work anymore or dont exist? How about damage reduction or spells like protection, do they all lose the bonus vs good or evil?
All those things you mentioned still work the same... it is for the select few by the Powers that are shielded and the other times your character will not know or cannot tell if it is anymore effective or not.

Most of the protect items would be an indirect means of discerning alignment... but the Mists and The Powers are not talking...

Cheers, Xian

Last edited by Xian; Jan 13th, 2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old Jan 13th, 2016, 10:56 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos
Good People  

Event Judge  

Outplay 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24691
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoAvanti View Post
I don't know about mist, but I definitely have snow here.

Which is awesome. Snow is awesome. And Cool.

It gives me a boost to my Saves v Fear.

So I might have to work a little harder to get into the proper spirit of the game...
Snow, eh? Well I did have the fiery inferno from hell here yesterday (think 44+ Celsius/110+ Fahrenheit), and then the plummeting depths of miserable rain the next day.

I don't exactly know what that gives me except pressure headaches and confused wardrobe choices. Spirit of the game or not, I feel as though snow will be next on the cards, just to toss me about a little more

On break for now.
Have taken the Oath of Sangus.