Old Nov 4th, 2022, 09:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 343
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarious View Post
Sounds like you've got the right idea! If you don't mind I may lurk on occasion to see what you all are doing with the scenario. And if you do another Alien RPG game after this one I may apply. (Also feel free to PM if you want to discuss the module at all, though I'm not logged in a ton at the moment.)
By all means, I don't mind at all. I see this as kind of a spring board for further Alien games. If this goes well, I'll either run another cinematic scenario or a campaign/sandbox style. Would be glad to have you apply when that time comes!

Last edited by TheDude4000; Nov 4th, 2022 at 09:43 AM.
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 10:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15052
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Very cool, Ive always dug this genre and found it under represented in rpg so best of luck with the game and if you wind up with an opening let me know for it would be hard to pass up.
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 12:16 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5549
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
I can recommend OneDarkness as a player too, and as someone who knows at least the basics of the system (they played in a Cthulhu game I ran using Year Zero rules).

Good to see other YZ GMs here too - best of luck with the game, I'd try to join myself, but I already have all the Alien line books, including this scenario.

Playing: None. Currently GMing: Masks of Nyarlathotep (Cthulhu Zero)
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 02:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for your interest OneDarkness and for your recommendation Lemming23! There is still one slot left open still for a Medic. Would you be interested in playing such a role, OneDarkness?

Last edited by TheDude4000; Nov 4th, 2022 at 02:25 PM.
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 02:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Sure would be happy to take on a team medic role, sign me up and throw me in coach
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 02:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds great! Go ahead and post your app here when you get a chance.
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 05:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
medic app
left-aligned image

Name: Bruno Larkin
Role: Medic

Physical description
The years have not always been kind to Bruno, much as a result of his own doing than anything else, so despite being around his middling years he certainly has the look of somebody who could be older. His skin is weathered and the start of wrinkles are certainly settling in, though sleepless nights and the long hours in space hasn't exactly done wonders for him. Shoulder length black hair hangs down to his shoulders and has some wave too it, and certainly has some streaks of grey starting to creep in that is even more noticeable in his beard than anywhere else. His most unique feature is his light grey eyes which still maintain the alertness of youth but some find unnerving in their difference from the norm.

The rest of his physical characteristics are relatively average, being an inch or two shy of six feet and an unimpressive build but one that suggests he is relatively active. He has a few scars but nothing that suggests anything major, otherwise he dresses as one might expect of a space trucker with tough functional clothing and next to no personal touches that you can see.

Personality
While Bruno the early years was bright and promising with studies in medicine and health care things took a bit of a downward spiral in his mid thirties when he battled heavily against alcohol and drug addictions that are largely a thing of his past as of a couple years ago. Some people have long memories though its not easy to escape the past, so finding work was not easy but lucky for Bruno ships always needed somebody to keep an eye on things and tended to be less picky about who was doing it.

These days he faces his demons head on and avoids anything stronger than good coffee, though there have been slips in the past, but luckily no full on relapses. He didn't think he would like working the cargo runs but space truckers as a whole tend to be more accepting, so he has honestly found it very therapeutic to his well being. People find he is straight forward and honest these days, calling it exactly as it is, and he finds those he works with these days appreciate him cutting through all the bedside manner and just being up front with them. It takes a lot of phase him and he is well known for keeping a cool head about him in even the hairiest of situations.
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 07:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Looks great OneDarkness. You're hired! I think the crew will be overjoyed to have a dedicated medic. Here is the link to the game room. Please put your character bio in the character thread and introduce yourself in the OOC room! I'll be adding a personal thread for you shortly. I'm the meantime, check out this character generator. and roll up your character. You do not need to choose any starting gear, but may choose a signature item of your choice.

Last edited by TheDude4000; Nov 4th, 2022 at 07:31 PM.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 04:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Recruitment has ended, but if there are any who wanted to play that maybe missed the window or have already played Chariot of the Gods, I am depending on how I do with this onehoping to run another Alien game in the near future!
Old Nov 8th, 2022, 08:45 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2735
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Cool I’ll keep Maria on file for the next opportunity.
Old Nov 8th, 2022, 09:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubachi View Post
Cool Iíll keep Maria on file for the next opportunity.
Sounds good!!