Other The Witcher - Last Call of the Night - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook facebook
0 3 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 7th, 2022, 01:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2972
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Either roll here or take the average, the choice is yours. If you do choose to roll though then you have to stick with the result.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 03:19 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26706
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Knowing my luck, I’ll stick with the average, I think.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 04:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2542
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Wise move XD
Old Nov 8th, 2022, 10:55 PM
Funky Little Lesbian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12457
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Just so I know, is there a deadilne?
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 03:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Two weeks from Friday, 25th November
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23325
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Character Concept: Tinuviel - Elven Criminal
Personality
Tinuviel has always fallen prey to her baser instincts. Her hands will slip into a pocket and take things long before she's even consciously thinking about it. She makes light, jokes, and seems happy on the surface but beneath the exterior she hates herself for her inadequacies. She's haunted by her lover's death, addicted to sleeping powders and just can't seem to leave her criminal life behind.

Appearance
left-aligned image

Tinuviel is pretty, with pale white hair and piercings in her ears she looks exotic enough that people will look twice but not so beautiful as to be unapproachable. She tends to wear nice things when she can but is more than able to put on a new outfit, add dye to her hair, and put on an accent to fool people when needed.

Goals & Ambitions:
Tinuviel wants to forgive herself, she wants to find a way to stop being a criminal but she's always failing. She's usually finding work in brothels and then moving on to simple theft and more. She's not sure if she's looking for 'the big score' or just looking for some other line of work. Beyond forgiving herself and leaving crime Tinuviel desperately seeks connection with others, something more permanent than the people who pay for her company.

Fears & Flaws:
Tinuviel has a deep seated fear of fire ever since an accident when she was younger she can't bring herself to get to close to flames. She's also verified kleptomaniac stealing nearly anything without thought. She fears she'll never truly get past her own base nature.

Backstory:
Tinuviel's older sister did most of the job of raising her and the young Tinuviel remembers the stern lectures and how she was always escaping them. So much so that she and a local boy named Ergain ended up trapped in a cave for nearly a full day. The lectures and stern treatment pushed Tinuviel away from the Elder lands and into human ones. There she spent her time in brothels, mostly being paid for her services but also learning from local criminal elements while drinking and forgetting about life.

The brothel Tinuviel was working at burned to the ground and Tinuviel was trapped inside and nearly burned to death. Ever since then she has had horrible nightmares. These nightmares were bad enough that she turned to sleeping powders to try and end them but all that did was get Tinuviel addicted to them. She went back to work at a new Brothel and she performed two services for a Witcher (Regarin), both relating to creatures that stalked the streets at night and involving Tinuviel playing bait for these creatures. Regarin owes her favors for these services but she's not seen him in some time.

Tinuviel met another girl in the brothel Rasamane and the two of them began a love affair. They left to try and live in the city in a small place and leave behind brothels and crime. The rent had to be paid though and Tinuviel found herself working at theft again and helping a local crime syndicate. Rasamane found out and they argued about it, then one day Tinuviel returned home and Rasamane had hung herself. There was no note, no reason, just her lover dead in their small place. After that Tinuviel returned to the brothel and made her money that way until the Nilfgaurdian's attacked and she fled.

Posts: Here's one as Almira priestess of Death. Here's another one as Maisy a somewhat deranged halfling.

1) What interested you in applying to this game? I enjoyed the PC games and the TV show.

2) Are you happy to commit to a long-term play by post game and one that will likely continue after this first adventure? Yes, very much so.

3) How familiar are you with the Witcher franchise? I've played all three games and watched the show. I have not read the books.

4) What sort of things do you look for in a Play by Post game? Roleplaying with other people, interesting stories, a chance to pretend to be someone else.

5) Conversely is there anything you don’t want to see in a Play by Post game or any hard no’s in terms of content? Nothing in terms of content. It would be nice if all the players and DM stuck around too.

Last edited by Ysolde; Nov 9th, 2022 at 12:37 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 03:58 PM
Black Cat Enthusiast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7015
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Expressing interest
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 11:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ugh, so let me begin this with a huge apology. I think, in hindsight, that taking this on and trying to learn a new system alongside running the game is a step too far for me. I'm going to put this one on ice for now, with a view to possibly revisiting it sometime in the future at a time when I'm better placed to do so.

Sorry all, but I'd rather bite the bullet now than start something I have no chance of completing.
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 12:20 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26706
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
I completely understand, Ballingray. As you say, better now than in a few weeks/months after the game has started. Thanks for letting us know!
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 05:33 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2261
Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70
No problem, best to ice it just now and then reconsider later than push ahead. It's been a cool experience to do the character creation for a new system to me so thanks for that.
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 10:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9571
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Best wishes.