... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 17th, 2022, 06:41 PM
Erasmus B. Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3420
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Mahzala is updated. Nerfed a couple things to get down to 100 power points. Updated RP sample to be a cringeworthy first appearance of powers. Updated background to include Curveball.

Just realized powers would have been technically active in both the RP Sample scene and Curveball scene, although she didn't really realize it either time. Grrr.

Will alter the Curveball scene to not use any powers implicitly. Should just take a minute.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 06:49 PM
Erasmus B. Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3420
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Okey dokey doodley doo.

I believe my application is fully compliant now.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 08:49 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Alkemist
Hmm, I noticed another potential slip up in my app. Is that 3 total alternate effects in an array or 3 additional alternate effects? I assumed the latter, but if it's the former then I can get rid of one alternate effect or rework it into something else.

Love the other apps everyone! Haven't read all the way through them but I always love to see great applications for great games, even if they're competition.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 09:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9571
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Alkemist I think it is a total of three powers.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 11:23 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
Alkemist
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Alkemist I think it is a total of three powers.
Thanks. I think upon review theres also a bunch of other mistakes so I need to rework that entire area. I’ll get a better version up in a few hours.

EDIT: Alright, I like that way better. Now I think the character is done.

Last edited by Alkemist; Nov 18th, 2022 at 02:22 AM.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 11:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
I thought mine was complete? I added the requested info to end of background.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 04:32 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1634
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy
voodoozombie,
  • Asir looks like she would fit perfectly, gogogogogo
  • The character needs to be submitted to be reviewed, changes done, the final check tomorrow, which includes your curveball, and then finalized to be accepted. Tempus fugit Mr. Zombie if you wish to be considered for the game.
  • Please reply to this thread to notify me when you're ready for review.
  • Typically, I only provide the curveball after a character is just about done, but that will likely have you missing the character submission date, so providing it earlier.

JaredSyn,

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantha View Post
With those changes and some detail added to my backstory, I think I might be done!
You're spending 8 points on your Defences, but you're only using +2 for Dodge and +4 for Will, so 2 more points to play with, but otherwise...Status: Character is complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaHuck View Post
I believe my application is fully compliant now.
Accurate smell would cost 2 power points, so need to find another point somewhere to cover that, but otherwise...Status: Character is complete.

Acathala,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkemist View Post
Now I think the character is done.
  • JaredSyn is right on, it's a maximum of 3 powers total within the Array, the initial power and 2 additional Alternate Effect powers working off of it.
  • Please ditch the negative Presence and cover any social awkwardness with a Complication.
  • Let's draw your character out of the shadows of secret tags and into the light so all can see.
  • Point total at the bottom needs updating.
  • Fort and Toughness would both be 2. Defences are 3 lower than what you've paid for by my math.
  • Please ditch Luck 4, you will each be having a Hero Point every day that you're off plying your hero biz, which is pretty much giving the Luck Advantage to everyone for free, not to mention being far easier to adjudicate and track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathala View Post
Requested changes made. Curveball dealt with.
You sir are complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkemist View Post
Good luck everyone! You certainly didn't make it an easy choice for our lovely GM.
Definitely an incredibly strong application and oh the plans I had for your little psychotic soul if you made the cut.

Safe journeys man~

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozombie View Post
Except for a bigger picture Asir Rera is finished.
  • Hella solid application right off the hop sir, especially thematically. Shows you can produce magic on a tight timeline.
  • What's "2qarare"?
  • Need 1 more skill point spent as it appears you only spent 5.
  • Please let's replace Favoured Environment: Air with something far more restricted (flying during storms, flying at high altitudes, at top speed, or against other flying opponents) or something else that's less often found than pretty much a permanent Advantage found every time you hover slightly off the ground.
  • How do you see yourself allocating your points at PL 10? Mainly focused on how you see your powers changing over time.

Last edited by Anarchy; Nov 19th, 2022 at 09:44 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 04:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 09:01 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7590
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Requested changes made. Curveball dealt with.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 11:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2610
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Except for a bigger picture Asir Rera is finished.

Last edited by voodoozombie; Nov 18th, 2022 at 11:05 PM.
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 12:06 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
Alkemist
Apologies, some family issues just came up that may influence my daily posting. It's not a guarantee, but between that and the very tight deadline I've cut for myself to edit this app, I think I should relent my spot to someone else rather than push myself beyond my means and possibly adversely affect the game were I chosen. I have a back up idea but I would have had to start writing it up earlier this week to get it where I'd want it to be by the 20th. I went ahead and un-secreted my character because I'm pretty proud of the concept and wish I had more time to make it work.

It's bound to be an awesome experience, so I'm excited for the players that get selected. I was honored to play in one of your games, and hopefully I'll have the chance to play in more. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you run another one of these, or anything similar.

Good luck everyone! You certainly didn't make it an easy choice for our lovely GM.

Last edited by Alkemist; Nov 19th, 2022 at 12:09 AM.
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 06:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2610
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Corrections made to the following:

What's "2qarare"? "?
I’m not seeing it. Where is it located? Probably word corrector error.

Need 1 more skill point spent as it appears you only spent 5. .
I placed the 1 pp point in Acrobatics

Please let's replace Favoured Environment: Air with something far more restricted (flying during storms, flying at high altitudes, at top speed, or against other flying opponents) or something else that's less often found than pretty much a permanent Advantage found every time you hover slightly off the ground.
Restricted to flying at top speed.

How do you see yourself allocating your points at PL 10? Mainly focused on how you see your powers changing over time.
I see her learning how to combine her wind powers for additional effects. I also see her abilities, defense and skills improving as alongside with her powers as she learns how to use all together more effectively. Also placed on to of character sheet.

Last edited by voodoozombie; Nov 19th, 2022 at 06:43 PM.
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1634
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy
NoteworthyThe game is closed to new applicants.

All character applications must be fully complete by November 20th for consideration.

At that point I will disappear to hide behind the sofa as I make my final decisions and get the game ready to go. Announcement of those chosen will be on November 27th.

We'll give some time to field any last minute questions/issues/requests/adjustments and then hit the ground running on December 3rd.

PlayerCharacterArchetypeStatus
Mitsubachi Sofiya speed/agility/stealth/building towards martial arts Complete
GleefulNihilism Volker The Firebrand Complete
PalladiaMors Hannah Fun with portals! Primarily a support role. Complete
ArcZero Michael Pusher/Reflector Complete
UTasteSoSO Jason Controller Complete
JaredSyn Cassie Psychic (Kinetic style abilities primarily) Complete
morgantha Nimat The Phantom Complete
PapaHuck Mahzala Wonder Woman Complete
Acathala Alfred the Batman Complete
voodoozombie Asir The Wind Warrior Complete

November 20thSlightly early, but everyone is Complete now and in the running...

The cock hath yodelled, times up for finalizing your character, please put down your pencils and pass your test papers forward.

Thank you to everyone for the careful attention you put into your characters.

Each of you could easily garner a spot in any game I might run, and I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere appreciation for everyone that applied, but with only a limited number of spots on offer I will need to find the closest fit for the devious plans I have in mind.

I will now disappear from this thread to hide behind the sofa to make my final decision.

I will return to announce my final decision player-wise on November 27th.

Should anything change in your ability to post daily, please let me know before this deadline so I can take that into consideration for my decision.

Last edited by Anarchy; Nov 19th, 2022 at 10:57 PM.
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 03:44 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19590
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 11:54 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1234
ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero