... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Sep 29th, 2022, 09:53 AM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10213
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
I can't say that I regret posting my entry so quickly... BUT, I am getting ansty to see everyone else's entries. Reading through all the judge advice, I feel like I definitely should have taken my time and used all 500 allowed words.
Old Sep 29th, 2022, 10:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17648
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
I am trying not to fret until entry 17 shows up.
Old Sep 30th, 2022, 04:32 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14398
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin RonarsCorruption View Post
We get at least one person every year who asks if everyone on the site sees their name specifically, so don't feel too bad. The first year I did it, I think it was Admin Dirk who legitimately thought I was calling him out, because it was the sort of joke the mods were making at that time, and it took a few days to convince him it was just a coincidence.
Hah! I did the same thing only I blamed Dirkoth for messing with the banner.
Old Oct 1st, 2022, 07:03 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4746
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
I'm in. That was way harder than it should have been. Oh well, only have my own writing habits to blame for that.

Well, that and the brain monkeys were trying to be funny and drank decaf this time around.
Old Oct 1st, 2022, 07:50 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25609
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Just about 24 hours to go! I’m looking forward to opening the voting thread and reading all the entries tomorrow!

Come play or watch Iron DM 2022
Old Oct 2nd, 2022, 09:02 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
You don't mess around, Leviticus. (Or, rather, you do mess around, with deadlines... But you made it in just under the wire.)

Round zero is now closed. I will open the voting thread soon, but after this point, any further entries will not make it.

Though there are fewer than 16 entries, we will still have round zero voting, both to allow everyone to enjoy the entries and to help determine how matchups might occur.

Old Oct 2nd, 2022, 09:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6437
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Thank you so much, Unko Talok. I really appreciate the opportunity!

Good luck, everyone!
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 12:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
I was tempted to join but have too much real life stuff to properly commit. I am doing a fantasy league version in my head and so far its looking good but I am the only contestant and judge

Love the posts so far so good luck to all those participating.
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 08:35 AM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
We'll be happy to have you next year, pseudenim! Also, I love that username. Great choice, haha.

Someone pointed out that previously the round zero voting thread had said, "We will announce who made it to the next round, who the 'hopeful' replacements are, and potentially the Top 3 vote winners, but nothing beyond that." And it implied that round zero voting would knock some folks out of the running. I wanted to make it clear that, since we got >12 but <16 entries, everyone will get to participate in round 1. It was an unconsidered copy/paste error due to a busy Unko last night is all. I've edited the post to cross out the suggestion that some won't make it to round 1.

I've read a few of the entries, and they were great! Looking forward to reading the remainder and casting my votes later today.

Last edited by Unko Talok; Oct 3rd, 2022 at 08:36 AM.
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 07:01 PM
Swords, not words!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35904
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
I enjoyed reading everyone's entry! I voted based on which I thought would be the most useful items in a GM's toolkit, but I appreciate the creativity in all the posts. Great job all!
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 07:21 AM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
Oh man, and here I thought waiting for the initial reveal was intense!
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 08:53 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21172
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
It was an unconsidered copy/paste error due to a busy Unko last night is all. I've edited the post to cross out the suggestion that some won't make it to round 1.
Fortunately, Unko's fellow judges won't mark her down or disqualify her for editing the post
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 10:04 AM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
Curses. I was almost free. ALMOST!

Old Oct 5th, 2022, 09:22 AM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
You can find the list of judges and blurbs about their judge style in this thread, which may alleviate (or confirm?) any concerns about whether or not the people that have contacted you are, in fact, the judges.

Additionally, if you are being held hostage and need help, please blink your left eye twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysyacha View Post
I am one of the participants in the tournament. I got feedback from two people who I assume are judges. Their comments were kind. Thank you.

I rarely get feedback from people other than my players, it is sometimes helpful to hear outside feedback.
Old Oct 5th, 2022, 12:44 PM
A warm fuzzy goonie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30150
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
That's just winking then, isn't it?

Everyone made some fun and interesting items that would spice up any campaign, great job.

Last edited by AnotherDragoon; Oct 5th, 2022 at 12:45 PM.