... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 6th, 2022, 10:51 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36749
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
Tysyacha, rather than revealing the round 0 entries directly in the submission thread, they're revealed in the voting thread, which lists the entries without revealing who made them. We do this just in case people might be tempted to vote for or against specific entries based on the user who made them.

Happy voting!
Old Oct 8th, 2022, 03:28 PM
Let there be fire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4561
Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks
I forget, how long is voting kept open for Round Zero? I can't seem to find it.
Old Oct 8th, 2022, 06:20 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25609
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Good catch! I don't think that the closing of round zero voting is listed anywhere.

So, I have to make a bit of an admission-- the note in the round zero voting thread saying "the 10th" was a copy-paste error! Entirely my fault. My intention was to close round zero voting tomorrow evening and begin round 1 shortly after that. So, sometime around 6-7pm (Central Standard Time) tomorrow evening.

So long as there are no objections in the next 24 hours, I will still do that. I will also release a tentative schedule for the coming rounds. I don't want to say that it's exact, only because in the past there have been some minor delays for any reason from life crises to DDoS attacks. But in general, once round 1 starts, it is open for entries for 1 week, followed by 1 week of judge reading/scoring, all the way until the final round. The final round judgments sometimes take a tad longer, because scores are often close and if one judge is a bit delayed, it could often be argued that their judgment would have tipped the scales.

Apologies for this oversight, y'all!

Come play or watch Iron DM 2022
Old Oct 9th, 2022, 07:50 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
I am posting just a tad early, because unless we get a few more voters in a short time it won't change the general ordering. And I'll be unavailable later this evening, so better earlier than later, I think.

Thank you all for your patience! What fantastic entries for round zero! I really enjoyed reading them and casting my votes. There's a pretty smooth spread of votes, but 3 entries rose a bit higher than the others. There was a tie for first place between Vk-476 and Torrington's Pigments, with a few votes behind that A Curious Find. For anyone who wishes to reveal their own entry, you can now edit your post in the Round Zero thread. But you're not required to, and we won't reveal them for anyone. You can also reveal who you voted for in the Round Zero Voting Thread if you like.

By the time I post this, I should have posted the threads for round 1. Please be sure to read the rules and the entry posts carefully. If you have any questions, chances are you are not the only one. Please post them here in the Studio Audience so that I, another judge, or the Chairman (Inem) can answer.

Though it's not much to look at for the moment, you can find the bracket here.

Old Oct 10th, 2022, 01:17 AM
Interdimensional Kitsune

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6864
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homestarbaby View Post
I am trying not to fret until entry 17 shows up.
normal image without text wrap
Homestar Fan Club lead cheerleader, reporting for duty!

Looking forward to a great match from everyone!

Last edited by briar; Oct 10th, 2022 at 01:19 AM.
Old Oct 10th, 2022, 11:59 AM
Let there be fire

Tools
User Statistics
Heyyyy, those are some great entries to have scored first and second place. Alrighty Auron and Banana, let's see what we've got. >;3
Old Oct 10th, 2022, 01:59 PM
Swords, not words!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35904
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Good luck to all! Can't wait to read what you come up with from these ingredients! I hope everyone has bright ideas and big revelations, but I'm hoisting my pom pons for my clever player: bananabadger! Go get 'em, badger!

Old Oct 11th, 2022, 04:37 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51417
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Thanks, Cheerio!

And .... BOOM! SEEKS plants down the first submission early like a boss. Way to go, Seeks!!!
#BracketOneBlastOffParty
Old Oct 11th, 2022, 07:56 PM
Let there be fire

Tools
User Statistics
Like I said, ready to rock. And I hate waiting around to do anything with a time limit. And I'm still expecting to get bodied. But... yeah.

EDIT: Because I can't go back and edit my "I've read it" OP, here's some RP...

Seeks' eyes are wide and alight, fascinated with what she's witnessing before her as unformed pieces of a world float about her. Honestly, she looks like a house cat would at a Christmas tree. But her muzzle is painted in a grim expression, looking at her two competitors out the corner of her eyes. Though her snaggle-fang isn't helping her look so serious. Looking over the swirling ideas, she scratches her fuzzy lioness chin in quiet contemplation. A nod to herself, conjuring from the aether her notepad. She draws a surprisingly dollar store grade pen from wisps of smokeless fire, scribbling a simple idea down away from prying eyes.

With a determined chuff, she nods firmly. She's not looking at anyone when she does, but meant to address her fellows and herself alike. Throwing up the bullhorns, Seeks smirks and says, "Late to the party, but ready to rock". She sure seems confident now. Fake it till you make it.

Last edited by Seeks; Oct 11th, 2022 at 08:04 PM.
Old Oct 13th, 2022, 12:36 PM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10213
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
My emotional journey upon finding the typos and the relic of a joke I removed from my finalized submission.
Old Oct 13th, 2022, 12:38 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
Aw, don't worry, I won't judge you for it.

(Because I'm not a judge for your match. If I were, I would totally judge you for it!)

Old Oct 13th, 2022, 01:37 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51417
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysyacha View Post
Orcbane and Tysyacha have already submitted their Round 1 (Match 4) entries. Waiting on Luon now. I am hoping I got the formatting right this time.
Did you remember to include the relic of an old joke?
Old Oct 13th, 2022, 01:50 PM
Let there be fire

Tools
User Statistics
I am so very reassured that I am not the only one who'd reread their submissions, only to cringe at typos. ^^;
Old Oct 14th, 2022, 02:20 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, Tysyacha! As stated in the Round Zero Voting Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread
Finally, resulting vote totals will not be announced at the end of the voting. We will announce who made it to the next round, who the 'hopeful' replacements are, and potentially the Top 3 vote winners, but nothing beyond that. This helps prevent disappointment/embarrassment from lower than expected vote totals.
In the past, if a judge has had the time and inclination, they've given some commentary on Round Zero entries. For instance, Admin RonarsCorruption gave some feedback in 2020. But because Round Zero is not a judge decision, but is voted on by the users, we don't automatically provide scoring and feedback. If the voters want to, they can un-secret their posts int he voting thread. In fact, I've unsecreted mine right now! And, of course, anyone can discuss the round Zero entries in here if they like.

I can't promise anything, but if I have time this weekend I can try to go through and give commentary on each of the entries. But given that I've got a lot going on outside the site, I'm going to prioritize judging round 1 entries as best I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysyacha
Also for round 1, once we get there.
For Round 1, judge scoring and commentary will be made public, once all the judgments are in. Most likely this will be done on October 22nd.

Last edited by Unko Talok; Oct 14th, 2022 at 02:21 PM.
Old Oct 14th, 2022, 03:06 PM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10213
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
Since Round 0 is over, we're all welcome to go back and un-secret our submission and voting posts, which some of us have done. You can scroll through the Round 0 voting Thread and see how the people that un-secretted their votes voted.

I'd also encourage you to un-secret your own votes and your submission in the Round 0 thread, since, so far, I only know who wrote 1 of the entries I voted for!