... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 21st, 2022, 04:43 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31757
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysyacha View Post
I am unaware there was a rule about graphic body horror.
The site rules state
Quote:
a.4 - We consider ourselves PG-13, and are definitely not leet.
a.4.i - Profanity - Profanity is word choice or usage that is considered offensive (in this case, the decision is made by the staff). We have a light filter in place to remove most such words.

a.4.ii - leet is not cool (note how we didn't even give it the capital letter). The same filter that removes profanity will also remove some of the most common leet formations.

a.4.iii - Highly Offensive Content - Messages, links, or images that are obscene, vulgar, highly sexual, discriminatory, or in some way violate laws applicable in your area are not tolerated. This means text, links, and images everywhere. The staff will ultimately decide the appropriateness of any member-posted content.

a.4.iv - If you have any doubts on what is PG-13 or not, you might want to check out Medesha's PG-13? What does it mean?
If there was an issue with your entry that violated the site rules, you would have been contacted by a site moderator about it.
Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 07:25 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4746
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991

Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 09:55 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31757
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
What does being a "leet" mean?
Twas an internet thing in the early 2000's. It is kind of akin to having a car nowadays still reminding you to use unleaded gas, instead of with led. It's still there, my guess is, for nostalgia.
Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 09:58 AM
Swords, not words!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35904
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
It's like when you use 3 instead of E and 4 instead of A to defeat text filters because you're a super hacker. Or a super ***0R. I think at this point the only people who are using it are doing it for nostalgia purposes because they're playing a cyberpunk game set in the 90s. But we must be ever vigilant.
Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 10:30 AM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10213
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
The rule was written at the time that leetspeak was all over the forum and an emphasis on being a "family-friendly" place to game was high on the priority list for many of the admins and mods. The general mood of the forum has relaxed significantly since that time.
Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 12:58 PM
Erasmus B. Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3420
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Lost cheerio you are awesome. I've literally enjoyed everything you've written that I've seen on these forums.

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the entries. It's so valuable to know whether what I was intending got across.

TBH, I'm pretty relieved. I didn't want to give up on all 4 ingredients having emotional gravitas. But to do that in 1500 words? Was worried the product would be unintelligible.
Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 03:24 PM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28695
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Round 1 results are posted. Congratulations to those who made it (or apologies for the continued stress). To everyone else, I hope to see you again next year, improving with the feedback you have gotten

Credit for most of all the round 1 closing posts goes to Unko Talok, with minor additions by me.

Round 2 will be posted tomorrow morning-ish my time (Europe). Which is probably late night for most of you in the US.
Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 04:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6437
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Thank you, Honorable Chairman, and the judges for your feedback! Good luck with Round 2, everyone!
Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 05:22 PM
#Bard4Life

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32283
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Oof this week went so fast, I never got my feedback posted but congratulations to everybody… I thought it was a really strong round!

Join RPGX Book Club
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 06:20 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4746
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Well, running behind time, but will finish the R1 entries at least:

Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 07:36 AM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Round 2 is up and running. If you've moved on, go find your thread, read it and acknowledge that you've read it. Like for the round 1 closers, credit for the flavor text of the round 2 openers goes almost exclusively to Unko Talok, with minor additions by me.

Also, Round 0 and Round 1 have been moved to the archive.
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 07:53 AM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Looking at the total scores, three of the four people who got eliminated got higher composite scores than I did. Humbling, but it serves as motivation to stay sharp for the next round.
Just as a little side note, this doesn't necessarily have to mean anything across different matches, especially when only looking at one round. For one, you have different ingredients that aren't necessarily all the same 'difficulty' across different matches, so if you had had another matches ingredients it's possible your would have scored higher (but so would everyone else in your match). Also, different judges have different average scores they give, depending on their method for scoring. Some are on the higher end, some are on the lower end, the most are somewhere in between. Each judge is consistent between competitors, but two judges liking the same competitor the exact same amount would not necessarily end up with them giving out the same score. And that's before considering that some judges might like things better, and some might like things less, so you might have scored differently with your same entry if you had had different judges. That's why there are multiple judges per match

Long story short, the way the judging system works is aimed at being a good and fair way of determining the best entry in each match. It is not really great at comparing the quality of entries between different matches with different ingredients and judges, because it isn't designed to, because it doesn't need to be.
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 02:31 PM
Erasmus B. Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3420
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Thank you to the judges for providing feedback!
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 09:28 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25609
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
The past week has been a whirlwind! I'm hopeful that sometime in the next day or two I can get the new bracket up and give RPXP to all the entries-- because holy cow do they deserve it! This was a great round 1, y'all!

But first I owe it to my GMs and players to try and get some posts up.

Come play or watch Iron DM 2022

Last edited by Unko Talok; Oct 23rd, 2022 at 09:28 PM.
Old Oct 23rd, 2022, 10:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2542
97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg 97mg
Just wanted to bow in thanks to the judges and all the organisers! Honest, constructive and friendly feedback is a blessing. I think this process is great for getting some much needed practice and advice too. I must confess to being quite terrified at first... but you're all so friendly and helpful! Cheers