... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 24th, 2022, 05:44 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21172
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysyacha
Looking at the total scores, three of the four people who got eliminated got higher composite scores than I did. Humbling, but it serves as motivation to stay sharp for the next round.
Just as a little side note, this doesn't necessarily have to mean anything across different matches, especially when only looking at one round.
Another important aspect here - my scoring is more or less generous on different days. If I'm having a bad day, that can be a 5-point penalty to all scores! This is why I judge a single match in a single session, so at least I'm fair between the contestants in the match.
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 02:38 PM
#Bard4Life

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32283
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
@seeks I am SAD to see you go!

I meant to have feedback for everyone but this month is a MURDEROUS WORK MONTH. I want to tell you how much I loved your round one sub. I thought it was a stand out entry, sharp and very cool. I loved the strong sense of place---I could see it unfolding, see the settings, the names and images were really evocative for me, and I love that it felt like a puzzle--- not a static BREAK THE CODE one, but a STORY puzzle with exacting, challenging parameters but still multiple solutions and LOTS of room for creativity and player shenanigans. As a 5e DM, this looked to me like an encounter that could work with my preferred system, but I could also see it working well for other systems.

In short, you are a contender, and I hate to see you go---even though, I can see that this competition is time consuming like whoa, so I cannot blame anyone who needs to dip. (see my note about not getting the feedback finished or um even started very much lol)

Join RPGX Book Club

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Oct 26th, 2022 at 02:41 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 05:13 PM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10213
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
How are words counted for scoring and qualification purposes?
Is it done by copying from the finished, user-friendly apparent text or by the editable text that includes coding?

In the user-friendly method, I'm clocking in at 1,929 words. But the actual text I pasted into the post field came in at exactly 2,000 words.

I'm wondering if I've shorted myself 71 words and additional coding by erroneously thinking the word-count rule applies in the stricter interpretation.

Last edited by orcbane; Oct 27th, 2022 at 05:14 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 08:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17648
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
I sort of assume that its safest to stay under the limit no matter how they might count. Never know what might become the next tie-breaker condition.

Dating briar, the bestest girlfriend ever! Might be a little distracted sometimes. :P PM me if I have not posted in a game with you this week or if you need anything!
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 09:09 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31757
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcbane View Post
How are words counted for scoring and qualification purposes?
Is it done by copying from the finished, user-friendly apparent text or by the editable text that includes coding?
We generally copy and paste what is visible in read mode to wordcounter.net. BB code that is not visible does not count. Things in TT do though, and make extra work for us to account for.
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 10:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17648
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Oh wow. Was I really the last one? I guess everyone is getting those max bonus points then!

Dating briar, the bestest girlfriend ever! Might be a little distracted sometimes. :P PM me if I have not posted in a game with you this week or if you need anything!
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 05:47 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19839
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
Nah, I just submitted mine now
Old Oct 29th, 2022, 09:43 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51417
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
*enters stands
*lone voice, starts chant
Aur-on! Aur-on! Aur-on! Aur-on!

(Not cheering against you, SilentRain, just cheering on our last unsubmitted entry who stepped up to the plate with a late start.)

Aur-on! Type! Write! Turn-it-in! Aur-on! Aur-on! Aur-on!

Last edited by bananabadger; Oct 29th, 2022 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 29th, 2022, 04:01 PM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane orcbane
<stands>
I am Auron.

... oh wait, we're not doing that...

<cheers> Aur-on! Aur-on! Write it! Edit it! Aur-on! Aur-on! Format it! Poof-read it! Aur-on! Aur-on! Load it! Check it! Quick – rewrite it!
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 04:36 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4746
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Sorry for the wait, brain to screen just was not a functional process this week. Thanks for the encouragement though.
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 07:41 AM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28695
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
All round 2 entries have been revealed, go enjoy!
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 11:18 AM
Play Other RPGs

Tools
User Statistics
I would just like to take a moment to call out the exceptional work done on Homestarbaby's Dance Battle. Great use of the darker fey themes and a really great genre mash-up. I'm imagining House of Flying Daggers meets Moana, but with a bit of the ol' Kung Fu Hustle in there. All of this, and an expert-grade choice of RPG to run the adventure in. I love it!

I would run it. I would play it. I would binge-watch an entire season of this show.
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 08:28 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51417
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Likewise, Tysyacha!

Last edited by bananabadger; Oct 30th, 2022 at 08:29 PM.
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 08:35 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25609
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Whew, it has been a doozy of a week! I'm just stumbling back in here, and excited to read the entries and start a-judging! I'm glad that people are already enjoying the entries.

Apropos of nothing, I'd just like to remind everyone that editing of your entries after posting them is against the rules. Once it's posted, it's posted. The judges will reveal them (as has already happened for this round), and even after that, they shouldn't be edited.

Come play or watch Iron DM 2022
Old Oct 31st, 2022, 05:48 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21172
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Looking forward to judging another round, and making snarky constructive comments