Game Thread Chapter 1: The Coming of the Dark Blight - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Mists of Akuma: Scourge of Robai Shita
twitter facebook facebook
0 3 7 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Oct 21st, 2022, 12:46 AM
KhamLuc's Avatar
KhamLuc KhamLuc is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 30th, 2022
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Posts: 2,228
Wake up calls
At the camp
right-aligned image
Every thing around is turning. Some strange chaotic spiral pattern all around always moving closer, then farther, Closer...far ... ... "Mascarade Wake up" Shout Rinka

The selfcreate steametic has retreive his consciousness for it forteen's days since his first wake-up call. But this one was special, he hadn't fully recharge his chaotic energie. That left him stuck with an exagerate focus on only one of his code. Humanity.

"YEs Yes WE will Help to do this important task to nourish yourself or the body will not be properly prepare to the transfer ... if you are the choosen one of course"

He begin to help to cook and try to help now and then, every one around him for every need. And it's begining to be too much, an awkward too much. But he's always very kind, and explaning that his concept of humanity push him to do it... but what if this concept fail to lead him...does he will fall with no code ?


When everyone was preparing the departure of the camp, Mascarade take care that anyone left anything behind. Then he close the big holes, moving earth extenguishing the fire by the same occasion


Toward the bridgeWhile moving Mascarade place himself in the middle of the group, but at first it can be take as a sign of selfprotection but the real motivation of the automate was to be close to everyone, in case they need help.


He stay silent all the time, looking to those who express themself , acknowledging every time, like a student eager to know everything from every one speaking.

Then every one stop at the bridge. Mascarade observe than every one begin to be more anxious, heartbeat rise.

"Curious , it's only a bridge. With my calculation it can support easily five humanoides form at a time"
hearing that it can be a death trap he continue" I can pass first if my body is destroy, I wll probably pass to an other one, this way I will prevent your destruction and respect the concept of humanity"

Then the voice of Rinka give him another wakeup call "Don't look. Many uglies coming fast. Six in bushes. evil-eyes in trees."

Mascarade close his eyes to respect the order just given " Ho, WE understand that a danger can destroy our visual sensory mecanism. Just give direction and WE can be very efficent to respect the concept induce, ...or else..."

Mascarade stop talking and seem to wait. Motionless. One finger in the air like if he's testing the direction of the wind.




 

 
__________________
Yes ... I'll take the Oath of Sangus ;)

Last edited by KhamLuc; Oct 21st, 2022 at 12:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Oct 21st, 2022, 03:42 AM
writelite's Avatar
writelite writelite is offline
blackbird echoes
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1860
writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite
Posts: 285
Yasuraka Toreeru
right-aligned image
On their way down, the vegetation on this side of the bridge came into view more and more like an obstacle they'd first have to deal with. The wind pushing, pulling every which way, the Monk's mind looked to thoughts of willow, steady-supple. And taking as a hint the grove in front, he slowly neared the others - as if their close group would withstand the turbulence better.

"Uglies," she said, and - "coming fast"! Instinctively, Torēru made a few steps forward and to a side from everyone, leaving short lasting comfort for battle readiness: He had reached a position from which he could well see his team and enemies, and - as his awareness settled into appreciation of distances - he began wondering where he'd best meet danger...

Out-of-Storytelling
 

- Character Information
__________________
my story guides and colleagues: Homestarbaby (NPSG); Ballingray & anamiac, DaniLore, DiceGoblin, KhamLuc, Onward, Ysolde (Mists of Akuma)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Oct 22nd, 2022, 10:07 AM
Ballingray's Avatar
Ballingray Ballingray is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 3086
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Posts: 1,429
Ambush
right-aligned image
Kanjuro took one of the berries that Torēru offered. With a polite and thankful nod of the head, he popped the berry in his mouth. It was surprisingly pleasant for something that had been created through magic.

As they got closer to the bridge, the wind intensified, whipping around them now almost as if it was in some sort of frenzy. Kanjuro's eyes watched the bridge as it swayed to side to side. It did not look safe, but that said, there was no other route over the gorge. At least not one that would not cost them a good couple of days that they did not have to scale down the side of the ravine and up the other side. Which in itself might be more dangerous than simply crossing the bridge.

Kamiya cast her augury, scattering the coins as they declared that crossing the bridge would have consequences both good and bad. Kanjuro swallowed slightly at this, wondering what the omens were telling them. He looked again at the bridge as it swayed unsteadily in the breeze. Despite how unstable it looked, he had made this crossing on more than one occasion and had never known it to be anything but reliable and sturdy.

For now.

As they got closer to the bridge, Kanjuro listened quietly to Vix as she recalled her past back in Nagabuki, and the experiences she had had working under an enjin unit as part of the rebellion in Ikari. She had not felt the compulsion. Kanjuro had never known if the compulsion he felt to come to Sukochi was a blessing or a curse. It had certainly changed his life, but he couldn't truly say if it were for better or worse. He laughed softly at her remark on how his tail had fallen off.

"No," he said with a small smile on his face. "No dramatic war story here I'm afraid. I believe it was the corruption of nature here, and our link to the land that we were trying to save that caused it to fall off. That, or a powerful spellcaster somewhere who really doesn't like Kitsune cast a spell that caused them all to fall off," he said finally with a shrug.

What he was, however, was slightly taken aback at Vix's vehement response to his answer about whether or not he had a partner. Looking up at her, his eyes widened in surprise, not entirely sure what he had said to warrant that sort of response. Then, as he mulled over her words and her reaction to his response, he realised and reddened slightly in embarrassment.

"Wait, uh no, that wasn't what I meant when I said that and I'm definitely not planning to wait for...."

Fortunately, or unfortunately depending on your viewpoint, it was the slightly erratic girl Rinka that came to his rescue at that precise moment as his words came out in an embarrassed and somewhat confused jumble as she made her suggestion that he go first. His response trailed off as he glanced over to her and nodded his head.

"Sure, I'll go first."

He was planning to do so anyway. After all, he was the guide, and what sort of guide would he be if he let someone else go first in the travelling order.

But, he never got chance to move.

It was Rinka's cry of alarm that alerted the group to the enemies that suddenly spilled forth out of the woods on either side. What seemed to be ugly, deformed, scrunched up goblinoid creatures boiled forth from the undergrowth. In their hands they gripped large hammers that they wielded with surprising strength and ease.

Yet there was something else wrong with them too. A strange stench of rot and decay permeated the air at their approach, and as they moved grotesque, pallid flesh tore from their limbs with each step. Each of them sported a gruesome injury, throat slit, chest cavity split open, head hanging to one side and flapping in the wind.

Empty, dead eyes glimmered with feral hunger as they approached.


 

Last edited by Ballingray; Oct 22nd, 2022 at 05:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 03:31 PM
Ballingray's Avatar
Ballingray Ballingray is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 3086
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Posts: 1,429
Round One, Monsters and KanjuroThey came forward in a horde, the strange, misshapen, scrunched up creatures with the rotting flesh and torn up bodies. Small, scrunched up though they were, they clutched onto the hammers in their hands with decaying, yellowed fingerstalks.

D and ETwo of them scuttled along the ground, hammers in hand dragging along behind them. Moving towards Torēru with a speed that belied their small stature, dead eyes gazed impassively at him. Approaching from two sides, both of them swung their hammers, targetting his legs and midsection, but the agile monk deftly avoided both blows, weaving in and out of the attacks almost as if they were of no consequence to him.

FThe third, had a different target in mind. Ignoring the embattled monk, it targetted the petite ninja with the eyepatch. Its strange, bowed legs almost clacked together as it scuttled along the ground at the same time as the A, B and C use a Dash action to close the gapremaining monsters almost ran along the grass near the edge of the gorge, the tasty morsels that had come here like flies to the proverbial spider's web no doubt sating their voracious appetites.

It swung, yet its attack was mistimed and such Rinka was able to avert the blow with ease.

At Rinka's words, Kanjuro moved to cross the bridge. Yet, as he did so, he glanced back as the creatures all charged in. With a wordless shake of the head, he drew the gleaming sword that was strapped to his waist. Moving closer to the two monsters that engaged Torēru, he swung his sword gracefully, its keen edge almost cutting through the air as it whistled....meeting the shaft of the creature's hammer with a he misses as wellloud crack. As his brow furrowed from exertion as steel met wood, he locked eyes with the mindless thing.

That would have been bad enough, if that's all there was. But it was not. Hidden in the shadows, enough of you made the perception checks vs its hide roll that I'm revealing it hereone more creature awaited, alighted even as it stepped forwards, and this one, though similar, was different from the others. Yellow eyes glinted with maliciousness, malevolence even, yet more concerning still, they glimmered with intelligence.

It darted forwards towards Kamiya and, from its Monster G, and it misses its attackoutstretched palm it hurled a shuriken. Yet it did not strike her, as the shuriken span past her, missing the side of her face by scant inches as it whistled past her.

Its toothy maw split into a wide, evil grin.


 

Last edited by Ballingray; Oct 26th, 2022 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 11:38 PM
KhamLuc's Avatar
KhamLuc KhamLuc is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 30th, 2022
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Posts: 2,228
let them go first... on the bridge...
right-aligned image


Mascarade turn around, facing the little mounstruosity that rush them all

"Look everyone, you disrupt the peace of those savage tribal pigmee. WE think that they want to cross the bridge first. So, let them do it. Courtesy concept propose that we let them pass, so may WE suggest that every one of you just clear the front of the bridge. No need to destroy those little pesky life form"

Mascarade try to move backward but with what look like a DEX=9 clumsy mechanicalmove, Disengagehe barely but successfully withdraw from reach of the three that has rush toward him but stop beside Rinka. HE then, slowly place himself just beside the entrance of the bridge waiting stoically like if he clear the path for them.

"If someone have a special request for US while WE are waiting for them to calm down, WE are listening"




 

 
__________________
Yes ... I'll take the Oath of Sangus ;)

Last edited by KhamLuc; Oct 26th, 2022 at 11:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 07:29 AM
writelite's Avatar
writelite writelite is offline
blackbird echoes
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1860
writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite
Posts: 285
Yasuraka Toreeru
right-aligned image
The ground, sloping under their feet, the ever changing wind maybe, or the dark presence everyone must have felt in that place... Whatever weighed more in bringing the group to the dangerous position was hard to guess. And there was really no time for that in the moment, as charging monsters quickly surrounded the Monk, forcing his vision to narrow to 'death behind, death in front'...

Torēru but glimpsed at those moving horrors and his soul's sensibility hid itself, leaving it as dull and rough seeming as the staff was. With eyes closed, trusting the spirit hand's guidance, it followed quietly along mind lines of simple, efficient action. Blows came, they moved.

He did not try to attack himself - instead, attack came naturally on the fight's rhythm. When fighting, easier than in most other circumstances perhaps, he could just let things be - let training and luck fight, himself completely engaged in action and yet - not trying to force results.

One goblin tried to take his flank, the other - to push him into the great chasm. Which to attack? He knew, and - as he acted - the understanding that went with it passed quickly through his mind: The second was exposed to the others' attack, the first wasn't.

As he faced both, he suddenly turned towards the one on the left and let his Bo slid forward in a quick jab. Retracting the weapon, he immediately followed with an added step - advancing and leaning towards the creature for a forceful straight hit.

Behind, he heard the Steametic approaching - one more reason in favor of his choice. He had to create an opening now! But luckily, that would distract the other goblin. And... Right then he caught a blade's whistle, a cracking sound following. He turned his head slightly and, in side-glance, caught the reflection of light on steel: Someone else had attacked.

Out-of-Storytelling
 

- Character Information
__________________
my story guides and colleagues: Homestarbaby (NPSG); Ballingray & anamiac, DaniLore, DiceGoblin, KhamLuc, Onward, Ysolde (Mists of Akuma)

Last edited by writelite; Oct 27th, 2022 at 01:09 PM. Reason: drawing
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 07:45 AM
DaniLore's Avatar
DaniLore DaniLore is online now
Black Cat Enthusiast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 7015
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Posts: 1,412
DistractionRinka seethed as they were faced with the worst possible scenario. Ambushed by hordes of ugly dead munchkins. Thankfully, the Big Bad was sloppy, thinking he had this in the bag. Boss would say, cut the head off the snake. Somehow the Big Bad must be controlling tactics, in the course of a minute they were surrounded in a classic pyramid diagram. No…it took little convincing, this Evil-Eye Shadow must have trained with shinobi, if he wasn’t one in a past life.

One of the disgusting littles tried to smack her, which was quite the insult. Rinka dodged with little trouble, retrieving a bow and readying a shot. She could kite them if need be, but there’s too many. Boss Tetsuo warned her to keep her distance in a fight with the infected. She trusted him more than anyone in the world, but the mission comes first. Protect the fox-boy!

“No, like hell they’re going first!” Rinka muttered, gritting at Kanjuro. Fox-boy wanted to reminisce war-days one last time, but the game will get him killed. These weren’t ceramiens hiding in bulky kill bots. These were deads! If he dies and gets his pretty face eaten, how are they going to find the rendezvous point? “Kanjuro! You wanna DIE hero and leave us botched? Cross that bridge, or I’ll kill you in next life!” Rinka spat, lone eye hawkishly narrowed straight ahead, searching for the leader. She had a general idea, as Kamiya narrowly escaped what could have been a devastating attack. “That goes for all of you! Go! Go! Go!”

Loosing an arrow when her gut jabbered, Rinka didn’t stay still long enough to find out whether the shot found its true mark. Dropping low, Rinka utilizing the shadows and grass for cover. Despite doing this in the face of two bogies, her gut jabbered that they were dumb. Her mark was the Evil Eye. If she could distract him long enough for the team to escape…Rinka could gamble with those odds.


ActionsMove: squat low (minimize size) for cover
Action: Attack (19hit/6dmg)
Bonus: Cunning Action: Hide (natural 20)

*Grey, you said our last perception gave us a general idea where the grinning foe was. I rolled disadvantage in the case that he's fully invisible but the enemy just attacked so wouldn't that knock invisibility out? Anywho, if Rinka misses, she's going to stay put under their noses and take another shot at the leader at her next opportunity.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal

Last edited by DaniLore; Oct 27th, 2022 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 04:24 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 5751
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 6,876
Vix Lockhardt
right-aligned image

Their insides were on their outsides. Vix nearly threw up. The goblins were the most disgusting thing she'd ever seen. She resolved immediately to avoid any unnecessary contact with them.

Whatever these were, they weren't intelligent. Their foe wasted no time sizing them up or planning strategy. In their ravenous hunger they simply attacked. Their onslaught was so quick that it caught the party by surprise, but thankfully they didn't move like trained fighters. She was confident that the party would prevail, but could they do so without anyone getting sick with whatever these things had?

It seemed that Mascarade and Rinka had very strange ideas as to what the goblins were about. "They're not here to eat the bridge!" she exclaims. Vix didn't enjoy being on the menu! With none of them having attacked her as of yet, she of all the party members was in a unique position where she could contemplate strategy. What would General Yoon do in this situation? He would... pierce the enemy line, disrupt their communications, isolate and destroy their leadership, then encircle and eliminate the foot soldiers. Looking around, her gaze alights on the one cowering in the back who just threw a shuriken at Kamiya. His eyes - this one was intelligent in a way the others clearly were not. He was the leader.

With a word and a gesture, Vix summons a vortex of grey mist on their right flank (the southern portion of the map). Without hesitation she slinks into her fog to engage the enemies therein.




Mechanics
Casting Fog cloud, top left corner is F14, bottom right corner is M20.

__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride

Last edited by anamiac; Oct 27th, 2022 at 11:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 07:57 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is online now
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 23344
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 10,481
Kamiya - Discussion
left-aligned image

She moved past Vix and stood in an open area just past the bridge. "I agree Kanjuro, go now. I will attempt to send them away!" She held out a prayer strip and began to beseech the Kami. "Unclean ones, hear my voice! I command you and I demand in the name of the Kami that you begone from this place! Get ye hence and depart. Your filth does not belong here!" The strip burned away in her hand and she gestured spreading out the holy power of the Kami.

She called, "Some will flee, focus on those that do not and then retreat to the bridge. We must be gone before the unclean ones return."


 


 

Last edited by Ysolde; Nov 6th, 2022 at 09:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Oct 29th, 2022, 02:06 PM
Ballingray's Avatar
Ballingray Ballingray is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 3086
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Posts: 1,429
Round 2Mascarade moved to the edge of the gorge, next to the rickety bridge that continued to sway in the wind. Looking back, the steametic surveyed the battlefield to see what was unfolding.

What he saw was the assault effectively come to an end.

Torēru leaned in to attack one of the strange hunchlings that were attempting to flank him. With a graceful movement, he jabbed the first attack hits monster E for three damagecreature in the chest, knocking it off balance. It was effectively that act of knocking it sideways off balance though that saved it from the second attack missesstraight swipe as it passed over the head of the creature, Torēru perhaps misjudging its size.

The tenacious ninja fired her arrow. hits for six damageIt flew true, burying itself in the shoulder of the grinning yellow-eyed creature. hide check is successfulAs she flattened herself to the ground, covering herself in the grass the creature, with a sadistic smirk reached up, pulling the arrow from its shoulder. It snapped the arrow in two, and as it did, the wound where Rinka had shot it suddenly closed up, skin closing over the hole as it mended itself. Opening its mouth, saliva dripped from its fangs as its eyes scanned over the area, looking for the brave woman who had dared to shoot it.

It was that precise moment that the fog cloud engulfed it, and its form was swallowed up with that of the kitsune's Kamiya and Vix.



But it was Kamiya's actions that rendered the fight moot and done. The cleric called upon the power of the kami, and the spirits responded, blessing her in kind. Her voice pierced the chaos and the carnage all around them, as her power flooded the battlefield. To her, the creatures listened, unblinking eyes turning to regard her. turn check is successful, they all flee.And then, in those seconds, primal savagery was replaced by fear.

As one, the creatures turned and they fled as fast as they could.

Kanjuro, breathing heavily, glanced back to Kamiya, clearly impressed.

"I don't know what you did there, but that was really really good," he bowed his head to her.

 

Last edited by Ballingray; Oct 29th, 2022 at 02:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 10:16 AM
writelite's Avatar
writelite writelite is offline
blackbird echoes
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1860
writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite
Posts: 285
Yasuraka Toreeru
A miss... Keeping an eye on the elusive target, Torēru relaxed and stepped quickly - a foot or so back and towards the other goblin. His front hand firm on the Bo - keeping it in between him and the first monster - he loosened the staff's back end for hitting. It was not so that he would cause damage, mainly, but to prevent - by contact - a surprise push into the chasm.

Right then, Rinka's call fell upon his ears, sowing worry. His head turned right instinctively, his eyes looking for the retreat of that blade which, a moment ago, had distracted the undead thing. Will his support be redrawn? Could he end up surrounded... Amidst all that - suddenly, sounded Kamiya's voice - clear and level, like dawn, full of faith in the light's new ascent. And the darkness, the malice in those walking corpses seemed compelled by her will for good.
right-aligned image


As they turned to run, the Monk's hands reacted. His Bo again aimed at the earlier target, it slid fast through front hand and air - then stopped abruptly, so as to send all that movement force forward...

Did it land? Not, apparently - that little Bakemono dodging as if... it had eyes on its nape. But it was already too far from him to matter, the distance between them growing considerably every moment. So a few spontaneous steps into chasing the goblin, he stopped, and - minding priorities - moved to see what the others where doing.

The first thing his sight stopped on was the fog wall, shaking, pulsating in the wild wind - yet holding fast by bridge entrance, as if resolved to confront them. "The Mists?!" ...Yet Kanjuro, Mascarade gave no sign of worry. A spell, then - but theirs or against them? ...And where were the others?

Torēru cast a glance at the bridge but saw no one on it... Words from the wall suddenly drew his attention back, to where Kamiya must have been hidden. "The others, too, maybe," he thought, and for a moment wondered if he should call for them... Would they use guidance? Or - should they be fighting now - he'd distract them...

Waiting to see if he can make something of the others' reactions, he walked towards his visible companions and calmly asked: "Is... everyone alright?"

Out-of-Storytelling
 

- Character Information
__________________
my story guides and colleagues: Homestarbaby (NPSG); Ballingray & anamiac, DaniLore, DiceGoblin, KhamLuc, Onward, Ysolde (Mists of Akuma)

Last edited by writelite; Oct 30th, 2022 at 11:12 AM. Reason: added sketch
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Nov 2nd, 2022, 01:56 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 5751
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 6,876
Vix Lockhardt
right-aligned image



Abruptly the fog cloud dissipates revealing Vix standing just inside it, looking at Kamiya with a funny expression. She gives the cleric a sheepish smile and looks around. "Where are all the bodies?" Had they managed to throw their attackers over the edge? ALL of THEM? How very disappointing that the battle was over so quickly. It was for the best of course - they couldn't let those things eat or infect them, and it was very good that they were dead and wouldn't be accosting other travelers on the road. But she felt like she'd used a bunch of her rarer abilities without getting a full usage out of them. And she would have liked to have assessed how her skills compared to the capabilities of some of smaller ones.

She takes stock of the battlefield. There was blood on the ground over by Torēru, and another bigger splotch over by Rinka. But neither of them looked bloody themselves. The party was skilled but they weren't elite warriors - clearly these goblins had been far sicker and weaker than she'd thought. "Welp, I guess that's that then."

With a shrug, Vix starts across the bridge. "Kanjuro, you mentioned monsters attacking from out of the mist. I do hope they're more substantial than the mayflies we just vanquished."
__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride

Last edited by anamiac; Nov 2nd, 2022 at 02:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Nov 3rd, 2022, 05:43 AM
DaniLore's Avatar
DaniLore DaniLore is online now
Black Cat Enthusiast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 2nd, 2022
RPXP: 7015
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Posts: 1,412
Crossing that BridgeCertain they were in for the fight of their lives, Rinka had hoped self-preservation would’ve kicked in for some of her allies…fox-boy ignored her twice now. She had been willing to risk everything to slow them down so he could escape. Why? Surely, his musky pheromones had no effect on her, right? The enemies had them cornered. Bamboozled. The Evil-Eye seemed invincible. Their retreat made no sense…

“I’m here, phewy! Pwhoo!” She called to Toreeru, spitting bits of grass.

With a grimacing squint, Rinka popped from the knoll and dusted off pesky twigs and withered blades. They’ll be back again, no question about that. However, next time she would do things different. No getting up close enough to see ugly buggy-eyed dead glares. No hiding a hairsbreadth from squishy viscera. No heroics. Shinobi aren’t heroes. She’s but a tool of vengeance, and resigned to that fact. What good is she to Boss if she dies for that stinky Kitsune, who doesn’t even take her seriously?

Slinging the bow behind her back, Rinka made a gracious salute to Kamiya, as it was the Kami’s divine intervention, and her connection to it, that truly saved them in the end.

Walking passed Kanjuro without a word, Rinka
Dice Acrobatics:
1d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
attempted to cross the bridge first. She didn't need him to cross. With half a brain, she still had twice as much common sense as Kanjuro.
__________________
Posting Status: Normal
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Nov 3rd, 2022, 03:42 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is online now
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 23344
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 10,481
Kamiya - Unexpected
left-aligned image

The Shrine Maiden looked to the retreating creatures and then to Vix. She gave Vix a small bow and said, "My apologiesSumimasen Vix but the bodies are fleeing. They will return with enough time and more courage. This is only a temporary solution but, if we hurry, it will be permanent enough for us and we can warn others they are out here."

To Yasuraka she said, "I am unharmed Yasuraka, thank you for your concern." Then she said, "Now we should all depart quickly following Rinka's lead." To demonstrate she walked behind the other woman on the bridge.



 


 
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 03:37 AM
writelite's Avatar
writelite writelite is offline
blackbird echoes
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 1860
writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite
Posts: 285
Yasuraka Toreeru
right-aligned image
So they were all gone, the fight over, and no one got hurt, luckily. But, she said, "they will return"...

As the others lined up to cross the bridge, the Monk remained last. Standing by one of the entry posts Perception check 8 (Fates page 2, post 25)he gazed back into the distance of hill and woods. Would they have to fight while on that unstable rope track, he thought, they would be hard pressed. And he wondered if the short monsters, the speed of whom could make little of the space now in between their groups, would manage those bridge sways - while chasing them.

Out-of-Storytelling
 

- Character Information
__________________
my story guides and colleagues: Homestarbaby (NPSG); Ballingray & anamiac, DaniLore, DiceGoblin, KhamLuc, Onward, Ysolde (Mists of Akuma)

Last edited by writelite; Nov 6th, 2022 at 03:34 AM. Reason: drawing fix
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB