Game Thread Chapter 1: The Coming of the Dark Blight - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Mists of Akuma: Scourge of Robai Shita
twitter facebook facebook
0 5 6 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 11:10 AM
Ballingray's Avatar
Ballingray Ballingray is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2022
RPXP: 3136
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Posts: 1,430
Ambush Part 2
right-aligned image
They started to cross the bridge. Rinka first, who, for some reason seemed that he could not determine seemed to be upset at Kanjuro was quickly followed by Kamiya.

Mascarade moved across in the middle of the group, and then behind the Steametic went Vix.

"Hey, wait up," called out Kanjuro as he moved gracefully on to the bridge behind Vix.

"I've never seen creatures like that before," he admitted, moving on up close to Vix to speak to her.

"The creatures that attacked us...." he hesitated for the briefest of seconds before elaborating further. "....they were us."

Kanjuro took a deep breath, closing his eyes as he reached out to hold the ropes on either side of the bridge to steady himself as the bridge swayed in the wind.

"That's what happened when the mist descended. It took all of us by surprise. Those caught in the mist....it was their eyes first. They began to weep blood."

Trails of crimson blood streaking down the sides of their faces.

"And then they lost their minds. They began to claw at their own faces. They tore their own skin off."

Tearing great furrows in their own flesh. They gouged their own eyes out as they tried to rip their faces from their skulls. Convulsing, writhing, they fell to the ground and they screamed.

"Their screams were terrible. First, it began as screams of pain but then it turned into something else. They became animalistic and savage. Primal, feral, terrible..." stopping for a moment Kanjuro closed his eyes as he remembered. Then, shaking his head, he continued.

"We would have fallen there and then had it not been the wanderer, Tetsuo I think his name was. He rallied us against the assault as both friends and kin turned on us. They were no longer like they were before, they were monstrous and twisted. With Tetsuo's skill and guidance, and the power of nature-wielder Yon-jū we managed to hold, barely. Still, we likely would have fallen, had the mists not receded. I don't know why, but they receded as they came. Pouring back through cracks in the ground, they faded, and with the mists, the creatures also turned. I fear its only a matter of time before they return though, and if they do I'm not sure we can stand again."

***

Torēru brought up the rear as the group made their way slowly across the perilous rope bridge that spanned over an impossibly deep ravine. This far up the wind was cold, and it seemed that the further the group went across the bridge, the stronger the winds blew. The wooden slats supported by the ropes started to sway dangerously from side to side as the bridge was jostled rudely by the wind.

With each step, the wooden steps creaked perilously, almost as if they were about to snap at any second. But, for now, they held.

Seconds turned into minutes though, and the crossing was not a short one. Finally, after countless minutes of slow walking, Rinka caught sight of the other side.

It was then that the group heard the sounds ahead of them. Sounds of snarling and vicious anger.....and then, seconds later, the creatures appeared. A boiling mass of small, dark shapes, all teeth and claws they began to spill onto the bridge.

The same creatures as before, only now they were ahead and approaching on the other side of the bridge.

And, similar to before, there was one of them that was different. Yellow eyes gleamed cruelly with the spark of intelligence as it approached the rope supports at the end of the bridge where two posts were hammered into the ground to keep the bridge up. In its hand it held a ninja-to as it moved to the ropes.



 
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 10:17 AM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2022
RPXP: 4026
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 2,948
Demon of the Mountain
right-aligned image

Behind the hideous yellow eyed monster was a demon in the guise of a young woman. Horns portrude and stretch her forehead's skin, claws sharp enough to be unnatural, and a blue flame burns bright beside her shoulder, with her was a deadly metal, spiked club. The demonic individual stares upon the group, then toward the hideous creature beside her. Then in one go, the oni tap the ground with her clubs tip and a shockwave of radiance briefly emerge from her tap, the blue flame over her shoulder flares up and the undead just now noticed the intruder hidden in their midst.

Yama Gāru did not expect to find this scene during her walk, but she did not complain,"Intruders will be Intruders...." she mumbles to herself and then said out loud for all to hear,"Those affected by corruption, leave this Mountain, this is not your territory. Begone or face a Kami's wrath." the Mountain God said, making her announcement to the foes in front of her.

OOC
 


Last edited by Onward; Nov 6th, 2022 at 10:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 11:22 AM
writelite's Avatar
writelite writelite is offline
guest
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2022
RPXP: 2010
writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite
Posts: 293
Yasuraka Toreeru
His eyes caught nothing, except cold and dust the wind brought. Edges of sight starting to blur, the Monk closed them and, slightly nodding, covered their lids with the warmer palm. Trusting his Bo hand, he turned with the wind a few times, waiting until it would feel comfortable to look around once more.

The sounds of others, slowly gaining distance across the bridge, reached him, and through them Torēru sought signs of another attack - but all was silent. It remained a strong possibility though, that the earlier monsters return and again try to harm them, and he wondered - "Could he alone hold them off, at the back of the group?"

Opening his eyes towards the swaying bridge, he saw himself holding the rope with one hand and trying to push the little fiends off the edge of the slats. Then went a step further and saw one holding tight onto his staff, while others jump him...

right-aligned image
Speed, it seemed, was of the essence, but could they cross fast enough - that way of ropes long and unstable as it was? For a moment he thought again of the Steametic, and tried to see ahead, past the foxfolk, how well it managed this dangerous walk. Yet before he could discern anything the wind forced him to look down, and mind his own fate first...

Grabbing the shaky rail, he put one foot on the wooden planks, pushing against them and feeling their movement. Then put the other foot and made a few slow steps, seeking to guide his senses towards the contact points - to make his body one with the bridge.

Gaining some confidence thus, he looked back one more time, then followed the others at greater speed - as high as seemed safe.

His Bo wasn't of much use there - even hindering him at times. Its bottom would often slip - and when a foot followed, the Monk had to stop and go through some unpredictable twists and turns of his body, in search of balance...

At the end of every such episode of fits and contortions, Torēru looked for the others' reproachful gaze - wondering how much of his pulling on the rope was obvious ahead. And even if he occasionally pictured himself in mind a friendly hand, someone using him for support - while helping him move forward, he each time dismissed the thought with a shyness of burdening anyone. With that mind, he took care to remain behind more than his speed would force him.

His eyes mostly downwards, he looked only as near as the moving floor. When his step was steady enough, impressions of the course mixed with memories of his inner practice - of keeping his way straight through many temptations, with as little knowledge of himself as the narrow boards now below. Advancing he was, light around - yet with but seldom respite to rejoice in it; wind constantly battering him - something he only lost awareness of when his mind, tired, would disconnect from the surroundings; his arms and legs reaching forward, through the unknown, towards an end of struggle - the bank where he'd be pulled up by the spirit of good, when he had held enough...

Time passed unevenly and with toil, the constant shaking and swinging becoming slowly a loop it seemed they would never escape from. And yet out of that wrenching present - the measure of which he had lost, an end - a future - suddenly took shape in the distance: They saw the bridge touch land.

But their moment of reassurance was meant to be short lasting, it seemed. A bitter smile flashed across the Monk's face as he matched meaning to the wave of movement which approached them. It happened as feared, except... - he saw and his features darkened into a frown of worry - he was on the other side of the group, unable to help in any way...

"Will they try to fight there, on the bridge? Will they rush forward, in their turn, hoping to gain a firm footing first?" With hope for the latter, Torēru quickened his step - seeking to catch up with Vix and the fox man.

And then, ahead, he heard a strange call sounding - a voice which announced more unexpected, for good or ill...

Out-of-Storytelling
 

- Character Information
__________________
blackbird echoes

Last edited by writelite; Nov 9th, 2022 at 04:22 AM. Reason: drawing fix
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 09:27 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is online now
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 8th, 2022
RPXP: 23480
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 10,537
Kamiya - Discussion
left-aligned image

The shrine maiden seems very disturbed by what has occurred so far. She wonders about how this all could have come to pass when Rinka speaks. She thinks about what Rinka has said and adds to it, "They are not normal demons, ogres, and other monstersyōkai nore are they ghosts or spiritsyūrei more of some mixture between the two. lit: someone whose body is alive while their spirit is deadIkeru shikanane that come when the spirit is gone but the body remains. They can be created by others of their ilk, dark magics, or when there has been little spiritual cleansing. I suspect these mists you speak of bring with them some putridness that makes things unclean. We must strive to clean it and make things pure so that peace may be restored."


The creatures come again and she speaks to them, "I see you have returned, sadly I am tired from cleansing the other side of this bridge, but that does not mean I am unable to face you." This time Kamiya pulls an ofuda and throws it at one of the creatures.


 


 

Last edited by Ysolde; Nov 6th, 2022 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 07:48 AM
DaniLore's Avatar
DaniLore DaniLore is online now
Black Cat Enthusiast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2022
RPXP: 7065
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Posts: 1,423
Here They ComeStill simmering over the fact that she put herself needlessly at risk over a veritable nincompoop, Rinka gracefully hip-hopped from one rickety plank to the next, soaring across the bridge with ease. Kamiya might think it's important to exercise spirits, or put deads out of their misery, but she didn't sign up for a charitable cause. That kinda work is suicidal, at best, as the dead far outnumbers the living in these parts. That said, she felt conflicted. If Kamiya, or except Kanjuro, he can dieanyone else for that matter, tripped themselves into trouble, she certainly wouldn't leave them behind to become...one of those kami-forsaken things.

Ears perked at the mention of a familiar name. Yon-jū and WHO? Skidding to a halt, snatching the rope-rails, Rinka turned back to squint at Kanjuro with puzzled incredulity. There's like, a kajillian Tetsuo's across the face of Soburin--but surely it wasn't THE Tetsuo! The Boss! Kanjuro might notice little Rinka giving him the stink eye, tensed up like a rubber band, like she might tackle him to the ground and apply her devious torture tactics to get the truth. Of course, before she had a chance to do just that and tickle it out of him, more of those decrepit munchkins spilled from the other side in a not-so-surprising ambush. Mouth twisting into a grimace, annoyance flashed across her face. So they don't wanna fight fair? Well, they've seen nothing yet!

If Boss Tetsuo is indeed here, somewhere in Sukochi, Death itself will have to move out of the way! Glaring at the Evil-Eye Shadow, flaunting a sharp blade as it walked toward the bridge and it's decrepitly old ropes, she couldn't simply watch and let this disaster play out!

Sprinting toward the zombies flooding the bridge, the shinobi dropped and skid across the shabby boards, flying at an angle--right into the air. With nothing below to catch her but a long fall and an icky splat, the ninja's nimble fingers just barely caught the edge of the bridge's wooden board. Using inertia and all her acrobatic prowess, Rinka flung her feet against the underside of the bridge and focused all her strength into her hands, anchoring her in place as the monsters tromped by overhead--or underneath? Determination gleamed meanly in her eye as ninja hung there, upside-down, like a blood-hungering bat, with mind to bypass the deads and gut that blasted shadow, if it's the last thing she ever does!


Action
Action: Acrobatics 12 to flip to the underside of the bridge with a 16 Dex save if needed.
Bonus: Cunning action: Hide (28)
Move: She will carefully crawl 30ft, ninja-style--or die trying


 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal

Last edited by DaniLore; Nov 11th, 2022 at 07:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 05:50 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 8th, 2022
RPXP: 5751
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 6,879
Vix Lockhardt
right-aligned image

The bridge was not a place for running. It was not a place for acrobatics. Walking over the bridge, Vix is annoyed at the construction. With the slats being a couple feet apart, a step between the slats meant a step into thin air, and if she didn't catch yourself on the railings then you fell and died. On the other hand, just having a footing mishap could mean that she slipped and that could mean sleeping with the fishes. This had the unfortunate effect of forcing her to look at the boards as she placed her feet. And looking down at the boards meant seeing the chasm, the fogs far below. Her gait never slowed but her fingers were white on the ropes, the skin of her face blanched clean of it's cherry color. For the moment, she would be leaving the talking to Kanjuro.

Kanjuro's description of the affliction that turned the kitsune against one another sounded decidedly unpleasant. She began to imagine her friends tearing their faces off. Screaming in freakish misery. Attacking her in their diseased state. A shudder runs through her. Abruptly she thought of the villagers she'd grown up with. She'd no intention of ever returning there; she was not welcome there and her punishment was that she was not to return... but what if the village was affected by all this too? What if there was no there to return to, even if she wanted to? Would all the people she'd grown up with be dead, or worse, be monsters? Or would she run into them outside of their village and have to suffer their stupid reactions to seeing her again?

She'd never looked back before, no sense in starting now. Vix shakes her head and forces herself to pay attention to Kanjuro's words."You mention Tetsuo in the past tense. Is he dead? What happened to him?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming to the end of the bridge, Vix's earlier fears were realized. The enemy was indeed on this side too. She still didn't understand their tactics. It made little sense to attack them before they got on the bridge. Attacking them on the bridge also seemed odd. Why didn't they wait at the end of the bridge and prevent them from leaving while they destroyed the bridge supports? This way, if Mr Maniacal over there finished destroying the bridge, all his pals would also fall to their deaths. The fact that this didn't concern him in the least? Not a good look. Clearly the dumb goblins were not fighting out of loyalty to their commander. What disease or curse made them so hungry for flesh that they would risk themselves in this way?

The bridge restricted her options. The board configuration ruled out many forms with hind legs, but the biggest problem was the weight. Her go-to in a fight was to assume the form of a large beast, but she wasn't sure if the bridge could handle the weight. And a smaller beast might be capable of traveling on the bridge faster, but that would bring her to the other side with a form inadequate for combat. Feeling humbled, Vix takes out a sling and 8 to hitflings a stone, it arching lazily before plummeting down into the cavern. She watches it fall with disappointment. There was a reason why she preferred to close with her enemies.

Rinka was in front. As the goblins began to charge her she charged to meet them but in her haste she slipped and fell through the bridge! At the last moment she somehow managed to grab one of the foot boards and hold on for dear life. Vix didn't dare feel relief yet. With the goblins closing in on her, all they would need to do is stab or bite her hands a few times and the little girl with no depth perception would find out exactly how deep the chasm was. What could Vix do?
__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Ballingray's Avatar
Ballingray Ballingray is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2022
RPXP: 3136
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Posts: 1,430
CombatThe creature with the yellow eyes looks unperturbed by the sudden arrival of Yama Gāru. She raises her club, bringing it down to touch the ground lightly. Around her shoulder, blue flame burns brightly as radiance explodes out from where the club hits the ground.

"Begone or face a Kami's wrath!"

Behind her words, the power of the mountain kami echoed as the creature narrows its yellow eyes, glaring at her with undisguised, unadulterated hatred. And although her words held with them the power of the mountain spirits, it stood tall. Turning away from the rope bridge, it levels its sword towards her.

"It will take more than the power of spirits to save you girl," it hisses with malice as it spits out its venom, hatred radiating from it.

turn check only succeeds on Monster COn the bridge itself, Yama's faith was enough to compel one of the creatures however, and it was this compulsion that would lead it to its untimely demise. Waves of radiant magic swept over them, and one of the monsters turned this way. It turned that way. But there was nowhere for it to go. Maddened by fear and the overwhelming compulsion to escape however it could, it simply vaulted over the side of the rope bridge, heedless of the consequences. With a shriek, it fell into the yawning chasm and the river far far below, its plummeting form swallowed by the water with what would have been a splash had anyone been close enough to hear it.

missVix's attack sailed harmlessly wide of the creatures, along with also missKamiya's expulsion of magical flame in an effort to combat the maddened, almost feral creatures as they almost spilled over each other in their haste to get on to the bridge and satiate their hunger with flesh and slake of blood.

checks successfulAll of which left the daring ninja as she flipped over the side of the bridge, charging forwards like a possessed demon. Hanging there for grim life as she dexterously, yet perilously, hung from the underside of the bridge, she poised there as the Hide check is successful vs perceptioncreatures overhead came forwards, blissfully unaware of the presence of death itself beneath them.

The wind buffeted her as it buffeted the bridge as she lay dangling, and below her the cavernous abyss called to her, yearning for her as she stayed there....a single second poised from life, as well as death.

The ultimate question was this -- now what?


 

Last edited by Ballingray; Nov 12th, 2022 at 12:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Nov 13th, 2022, 04:15 PM
anamiac's Avatar
anamiac anamiac is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 8th, 2022
RPXP: 5751
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Posts: 6,879
Vix Lockhardt
right-aligned image

"This bridge is a horrible place to fight!" It was true in so many ways. Not only did it restrict their movements, but if the intelligent one in the back managed to cut through a rope, many of them would fall off one side of the bridge. If it cut through both ropes, everyone on the bridge would die.

There wasn't much she could do about it for now. Her immediate concern was getting to Rinka and helping the poor girl back onto the bridge before the goblins noticed her. Moving forward around Mascarade and Kamiya, Vix charges the closest goblin, slamming into it with her shield and trying to knock it back. The footing here was precarious, and she hoped she could knock it or the one behind it into the gorge -- without falling in herself.

mechanics
Moving to I12 and shoving.
Ignore the shield RP; we're not making a shield slam. We're making an athletics check to shove Monster A back 5 feet into monster B's space. If this succeeds and the creature is shoved back, then Vix will move into the space it used to occupy (H12)
Dice athletics:
d20+3 (11)+3 Total = 14


The following roll is purely speculative. If at any point during the next round someone provokes an attack of opportunity from Vix, here it is:
Dice scimitar AoO:
d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20
d6+4 (6)+4 Total = 10

__________________
We are men of action, lies do not become us.
Westley - The Princess Bride

Last edited by anamiac; Nov 13th, 2022 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 09:18 AM
writelite's Avatar
writelite writelite is offline
guest
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2022
RPXP: 2010
writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite writelite
Posts: 293
Yasuraka Toreeru
right-aligned image
His robe swollen with wind like a ship's sail, hatbōshi pulled every which way like a rudder - Torēru held tight on rope rail and pushed with his feet, trying to sway with the wind, not against it. Yet the storm thrown at them was one of more than cold, random currents - A torrent of death seeking monsters now spilled their way, and he... he was not sure how to act...

Behind everyone as he was, that bridge too narrow - it looked like he had little chance of meeting the assault where it would land... Much like that part of a ship his hat reminded of, he felt down and under - the Bo in his hand just a pale reminder of the idea of a team mast; which - first post nostalgia, already?!not so long ago - he thought himself suitable for... The groups were about to clash - a matter of mere moments, and he tried hard - straining his eyes and mind - to make out the details of their plight...

Someone ahead had challenged the goblins: A flash of light there, soon joined by a bolt's brightness - from their group - Then ...Did someone jump? - The Monk looked that way quickly, but couldn't see enough... And the crowd of shapes would make counting impossible - "would there be time!" - Sudden movement in front drew his attention, his eyes caught the... red trail of "Vix!" - rushing forward - Kanjuro would follow soon, he thought - which meant... there won't be any room for referring to Torēruhis action...

Vix's shield into goblinLoud smack! - His thoughts scattered, and he stepped forward, moved only by an indefinite urge: to take part in what happened? to not miss the chance - the one chance of saving a team mate's life? The space clearing in front of him allowed a path of a few tortuous steps towards Mascarade and Kamiya - So he ventured alongside it, fast as he could, the moment's tension and precipitation allowing his mind to again settle on no greater a plan than this: To be there for support, should the fight cause them to loose balance.

Adding to that care, as he neared - to stand out of their way, should they step back - he moved his hold to staff middle, and reached forth with it. "Here!" he cried - just hard enough to be heard by Mascarade and Kamiyathe two - "Reach and grab if you need!"

Out-of-Storytelling
 

- Character Information
__________________
blackbird echoes

Last edited by writelite; Nov 16th, 2022 at 03:32 AM. Reason: drawing fix
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Nov 14th, 2022, 01:17 PM
KhamLuc's Avatar
KhamLuc KhamLuc is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 30th, 2022
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Posts: 2,228
HEY ! WE were first on the bridge this time!
right-aligned image


Mascarade was walking slowly on the frail bridge, maybe too slowly, like a child that try to walk for the first time. And like if it wasn't enough to just hurry, before the last group of aberration to come back from behind, the back-up team close the way up front, denying any easy free passage.

"Mmm WE think that they don't understand the concept of courtesy, WE were the first on the bridge. Maybe their globulous visual orifice are not functional anymore, but let disable their locomotion system, and place them aside to sleep ... into the bed river down here"

"Maybe you should pass ahead of US"


Mascarade look behind and try to make him smaller to be easy for the other to bypass him, if need.

Hearing Toreeru muffling "Here!" ... "Reach and grab if you need!" Mascarade answer. " Hmm that can help US, but WE will have to lose grip of the rope with one hand ... maybe it's better to. After all, wood is harder than rope"


 

 
__________________
Yes ... I'll take the Oath of Sangus ;)

Last edited by KhamLuc; Nov 14th, 2022 at 02:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 03:54 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is online now
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 8th, 2022
RPXP: 23480
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 10,537
Kamiya - Discussion
left-aligned image

"You are vastly correct Vix, but I will admit a lack of foresight thinking that the danger was gone when I sent the others scurrying off. I will consider my failure even as I continue to fight these new creatures." The lovely red haired Kitsune assuredly thought worse of her now though Kamiya consoled herself with the point that Vix seemed rather fixated on a certain male so it oly hurt their freindship and not anything more even if that was a hard hurt too. Kamiya told herself she would do better in the future.

In the meantime, she pulled another charm and sent that one flying out to a different monster. Hopefully she'd do somewhat better aiming this time.


 


 
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 09:41 AM
DaniLore's Avatar
DaniLore DaniLore is online now
Black Cat Enthusiast
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2022
RPXP: 7065
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Posts: 1,423
On the BrinkFacing a bottomless chasm below, the odds weren't exactly in her favor...but Rinka, being the spontaneous sort, knew it was do or die. If they didn't distract the Yellow-Eyed bastard, he could simply cut the bridge's rope...and everyone goes to heaven. Unsheathing her Wakizashi and clamping it in her mouth, the ninja swung like a monkey from one dilapidated board to the next, snatching at ropes and and gnarled vines. The dumby deads tromped overhead, unaware that she dangled below their stompy feet.

It was quite the conundrum, once she reached the end of the bridge. A bogie stood right on top of her, waiting its turn like a good little zombie. Gritting, contending with the ache in her hands, swinging her entire lower half into it, Rinka leapt for the cliffface directly ahead. Flying for two seconds through midair, Rinka roughly collided with the jagged rock, wincing as her foot lost purchase against the stone. Dangling by one hand as the winds whistled and lashed, once again, it was her nimble reflexes that saved her from the long fall.

You won't escape me this time!

Hanging on for dear life, Rinka carefully climbed sideways roughly 15ft, before crawling on her belly over the side of the cliff's edge. Once free of the precarious cliff, the ninja deftly tumbled into a patch of tall grass. Wearing a mischievous grin, Rinka's eye narrowed at the prey, with his back to her. Soon, this blade will be lodged deep in its worm-riddled guts!

If she could get away with it hide 13without being seen, that would be nice. If not, she would deal with any complications once they cross that bridge. Wakizashi in hand, the ninja stalked behind the monster, willing to fight to the bitter end.


ActionsAction: Acrobatics 11 to jump the cliff face; pretty sure it's needed this time Dex Save 23
Bonus: Hide 13 (9)
Move: A 16



 
__________________
Posting Status: Normal

Last edited by DaniLore; Nov 16th, 2022 at 10:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Ballingray's Avatar
Ballingray Ballingray is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2022
RPXP: 3136
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Posts: 1,430
Combat Round 1 Vix moved forwards without a thought to her safety. Barging straight into the rotting, yet spindly creature in front of her, her intention was to force it backwards, creating more space for her. But, the monster is stronger than it looks. 15 Acrobatics succeeds vs AthleticsIt holds its ground, and Vix finds that there is very little purchase to be gained from forcing it back.

Can move to L12Toreru moves forward, holding his staff out for Mascarade, to take if the Steametic needed to do so.

Unperturbed by her own failure, Kamiya conjures a fistful of flame. Hurling it over Vix's head, this time the kitsune is heartened to see her attack strike the creature full on. It bursts into flames. Kamiya kills Monster ALooking down at its body impassively as the fire takes it, the creature slips and falls off the edge of the bridge. Its form, outlined by fire falls and falls as it plunges ever downwards out of sight.

Rinka's own journey, and less than graceful collision into the side of the cliff creates a loud noise as rocks and pebbles fall downwards into the abyss. Hanging there precariously for a second, dangling over the niveous jaws of doom themselves, the ninja pulls herself together and scrambles over the top to try and lay low in the tall grasses on the other side of the ravine.

Her passage is less than silent though, and the noise of her Monsters D, E and G all make successful perception checks against her Hide rolltravails alerts some of the monsters.

Monsters B and F approach.One of the creatures steps forwards to attack Vix as another flanks it Swinging its hammer in an overhead arc, it attempts to bring it crashing down on Vix. Monster B misses its attackHowever, the agile kitsune sidesteps the attack at the last second, clinging onto the ropes for safety as its hammer smashes into the wood, shattering one of the wooden slats beneath its terrible blow. Smashed wooden pieces fall downwards, following the doomed creature killed by Kamiya earlier.

On the other side of the ravine, following one too many feats of death-defying climbing and dangling, Rinka's luck finally ran out. Two of the monsters moved back off the bridge, going past the yellow-eyes creature staring Yama down to attack her with the hammers that they wielded. Rinka takes 4 damage from Monster DThe first blow struck her kneecap, causing the girl to lose her balance. It was this loss of balance that then exposed her to the other attack from the side. Rinka takes 8 damage from Monster ETwo sudden, sharp hammer blows to her midsection hit hard, the second causing a loud crack from her ribcage as bones snapped from the dreadful assault.

Smiling sadistically at the carnage the monsters were causing, the yellow-eyed creature stepped forwards to engage Yama. From the sheathe around its waist it drew a particularly wicked-looking ninja-to with a metallic hiss.

"You involve yourself in matters that do not concern you," it says with a hiss as it circles the overmatched girl.

Jabbing forwards, it quickly withdrew its first strike, its feint well concealed as it suddenly reversed the sword strike, Yama takes 7 damageslashing down towards Yama's right leg and connecting with a solid strike as steel bit into flesh with a sickening slicing noise.

 

Last edited by Ballingray; Nov 16th, 2022 at 02:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 05:20 PM
KhamLuc's Avatar
KhamLuc KhamLuc is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 30th, 2022
RPXP: 2337
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Posts: 2,228
We Have to Clear the Bridge
right-aligned image


Mascarade look away at the edge of the cliff and notice Rinka and interrogating itself. Mmmm that femelle humanoid seem to have some teleportation power since she appear from nowhere but at less, she have successfully draw the attention and clear half of the bridge. Lets finish her job because she seem to be in a hurry.

Looking at the small aberrations that fall down from the bridge, Masquerade confirms.


"WE notice that those littlenontrullylivingfallingskins like to request a better place to rest. Talking about place, WE should make some to let you all rescue Rinka that seem to be in a hurry to get out of this bridge. So if you want to excuse US Miss Kamiya, and Miss Vix just let US pass our Right hand here on the right of you and the other on the left ... that will let US create a vortex of force tunneling your way upfront. WE hope that this frail bridge will not colapse ... sometime magic does some Wild Magic Surge roll 1/20 to create a wild surge effect
Dice Roll:
1d20 13
strange secondary effect."



Mascarade prononce some strange words over the shoulder of Vix with a leg that did not finish yet to pass beside Kamiya, then a loud
Dice Roll:
2d8 8, 6 Total = 14
tunder stunning sound erupt from both hand of Mascarade toward the two pesky that are left on the bridge.

"Here you go ... Like I read in the book of courtesy, Lady's first"




 

 
__________________
Yes ... I'll take the Oath of Sangus ;)

Last edited by KhamLuc; Nov 16th, 2022 at 05:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 02:14 AM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2022
RPXP: 4026
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 2,948
Demon of the Mountain
right-aligned image

Yama winces from the cut from that hidden blade. Though she's suffered blade lacerations before, this means nothing to her. She then stares down at the undead,"Hmph, the moment you stepped upon the mountain and disgraced it with your presence sealed your fight. Now you have to deal with me." she says as her claw-like nail sprouts up purple light that burst from her finger tips. She then starts clawing the air around randomly, bell like sounds start to rhythmically appear with each swing. And soon the enemy before her feels claws stabbing upon his maggot filled body. She then ends her dance as she drives her claws on the ground and disappears. Until she suddenly reappears on the spot where the Ninja currently surrounded was, Yama now stands up and gives the undead a smirk. At least that's what the illusion made it look anyway. Yama is still standing at her original spot, she just needs to wait and blow her opponents to smithereens.

OOC
HP: 11/18 AC: 16
Spell: 1st 3/4 2nd 2/2
 

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB