User Statistics
RPXP: 9711
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
ApplicationName: Hasterién Rimeloch

Race: Eladrin

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Class: Bard (Eloquence?)

Appearance:
Violently beautiful. A sharp, sculpted jawline and elegantly long ears can't help but draw attention, but like a cherished kitchen knife, the polished sheen strikes differently when you find its pointed gaze leveled in your direction.
Background:
[Criminal/Spy]

Unsatisfied with the lifestyle encouraged by the Wardens of the Woods, a young Hasterién left his family in the Eldeen Reaches in pursuit of fulfilment and excitement in the lands of Cyre. The artistry, philosophy, and music pouring through the cultural seat of the continent set his soul alight. He kept himself afloat with song, dance, mischief, and liberal application of his otherworldly charms. Through the years, he formed an abundance of rich relationships and carved out a small comfortable niche for himself where he could revel and remain largely insolated from the broader conflict. However, the sun sets on every solstice, and in 994 YK, that brilliant sphere of endless possibility was choked out by a dreadful miasma of horror and pain.

Hasterién woke to a headache, and the screams of his youthful companions. The smell of sulfur and iron suffused the air, bleeding through gaping holes in the walls of his rapidly crumbling abode. It was all he could do to scramble through the splintered wood and jagged glass that surrounded him. Had he not been distracted by the cacophony of suffering that awaited him outside, he might have grasped the chilling silence laying right beside him, but alas, that revelation came much later in the form of waking nightmares and cold sweat. The journey from the Mournland to the City of Towers was a blur, and somewhere along the way, the flame that stirred within the once spirited Eladrin had been extinguished and replaced by a gloom as pale as the dead mists themselves.

The Deathsgate Guild of Adventurers wasn't much, but they also didn't ask too many questions, and that was just fine by him. When the world can burn in an instant, the only true comfort and safety must be found in the acquisition of personal power. "Friends", allies, and institutions are means to an end. There is no point getting attached to the walking corpses that fail to grasp the fragility of their own terminal existence.

The Player (Optional):
Well, hello there!

I've been on haitus for a couple of years while life took a few dark turns, but now that things are settling down, I'm hoping to jump back in. Long time player, recent DM, and first time Eberron applicant. I've danced around the setting for as long as I can remember, but the opportunity to explore Sharn simply never presented itself.

More personally, I've helped develop bleeding edge technology, hammered away in my blacksmith shop, jumped from planes, chased sharks, travelled, and made at least one very fun mistake. Now I own and operate a food truck; my very own personal, mobile tavernIn a manner of speaking...*.

Let's tell a good story.

Last edited by Gaijin; Nov 10th, 2022 at 01:15 AM.
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 02:30 AM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1207
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
...was my app not noticed?
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 11:29 AM
gobble_golem

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29289
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystwatch View Post
...was my app not noticed?
Ah, I noticed it. I just overlooked it when building the table. Fixed. Thank you for letting me know!
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1059
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_gondsman View Post
Ah, I noticed it. I just overlooked it when building the table. Fixed. Thank you for letting me know!
Sorry for this, but I changed my application to a goblin rogue instead. Just felt he fit better than a circle of shepherds druid, and I can REALLY play into the goblin stuff.

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2
Old Nov 4th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Warlock in Rogue's Armor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 666
Dikata Dikata Dikata Dikata Dikata Dikata
Updated my application.
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 09:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2610
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Name: Jannit the Collector

Race: Human: Mark of Finding

Alignment: NG

Class: Ranger: Gloom Stalker

Appearance: I prefer wearing black. Almost every piece of clothing I own is black. Why? Because it's my favorite color and it matches my dark eyes and black hair. It also lets people know that I mean business when I’m on the job of hunting down someone or finding something. I also wear the common clothing worn by my prey giving the impression that I’m nobody to be concerned about and to blend into my prey’s surroundings.

My Mark of Finding is squarely between my shoulder blades and glows in a faint blue when I use it which is why I keep it covered up, unless the job requires me to show it. I also don’t wear jewelry or anything flashy, that way if someone tries to identify me there are no disguising features or items to give me away.

Background: House Tharashk Agent (Bounty Hunter: freelance Independent Scion)

What nationality, if any? I'm from the country of Breland. Like the people of my home county, Breland, I'm independent and practical. I can act on my own or with a group and prefer things to be simple and straight forward. I'm also calm and patience, just like a predator that's stalking and hunting down its prey. And when it's time to act I do so without hesitation and as swiftly as possible. I'm also confident in both myself and my abilities as a ranger.

What were they doing during the Last War? I was a Ranger in training in Sharn during the Last War. My Dragonmarked parents are freelance bounty hunters who work for House Tharashk and I looked up to my parents as my heroes. So it was natural that I would follow in their footsteps and take up the bounty hunting business and started my training with them.

How did they come to join the Deathsgate Guild of Adventurers? Why did I join the Deathsgate Guild? It’s simple. Job security. There is never a shortage of posters offering rewards for the capture of people, especially those who hide in the dark places that no one wants to go in to. I’m also striving to better myself and improve my professional skills. I eventually would like to open my own bounty hunter operation that specializes in going into those dark and gloomy places.

Personality Traits

Personality: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. Just like a predator that's stalking and hunting down its prey, whatever the ‘prey’ might be.

Ideals: People. I don't have a lot of friends, but the ones I do have are friends for life. I would do anything for them and I know they would do the same for me.

Bonds: I plan on becoming the best bounty hunter that I can be by honing my skills and perfecting my abilities and my Mark of Finding.

Flaws: I enjoy ale, wine, and other intoxicants a little too much. After dealing with low life scum, I need to relax once in a while!

Last edited by voodoozombie; Nov 12th, 2022 at 07:41 AM.
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 12:16 AM
Don't Mind Me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4823
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy
It appears that I am also missing from that outrageously large table of applicants. More than twenty-five already! Boy, do you have your work cut out for you!
I work at a Hospital but like to pretend that I can keep a regular schedule.
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 01:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3605
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Something I want to add to my application, but not quite sure if it fits in is about Akaryu-ou's feelings about there not being a Dragonborn Dragonmark house. I've been reading the Eberron lore and have some understanding about it but am not 100% how it all fits together. Below is the paragraph that I'm thinking abouy adding. Even if it's wrong, it could be a good chance for Akaryu-ou to learn.

One other thing that irks Akaryu-ou about the houses and the "ruling class", apart from their greed, is the lack of a presence of Dragonborn. It was odd, a system of power based on a connection to a dragonic prophecy. Who had more connection to dragons than Dragonborn? Not that he thought Dragonborn superior, but shouldn't there be more for Dragonborn is this system?
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 04:02 PM
Don't Mind Me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4823
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy
When the Eberron setting was first released during the days of 3.X, I don't believe Dragonborn even existed yet... so there's that. To be honest, I'm actually not sure where they fit in with the modern version of the lore.
I work at a Hospital but like to pretend that I can keep a regular schedule.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 01:44 AM
gobble_golem

Tools
User Statistics
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
It appears that I am also missing from that outrageously large table of applicants. More than twenty-five already! Boy, do you have your work cut out for you!
Fixed! Honest mistake as there is a lot to sift through. And yep, it's going to be a thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Nokori View Post
Something I want to add to my application, but not quite sure if it fits in is about Akaryu-ou's feelings about there not being a Dragonborn Dragonmark house. I've been reading the Eberron lore and have some understanding about it but am not 100% how it all fits together. Below is the paragraph that I'm thinking abouy adding. Even if it's wrong, it could be a good chance for Akaryu-ou to learn.

One other thing that irks Akaryu-ou about the houses and the "ruling class", apart from their greed, is the lack of a presence of Dragonborn. It was odd, a system of power based on a connection to a dragonic prophecy. Who had more connection to dragons than Dragonborn? Not that he thought Dragonborn superior, but shouldn't there be more for Dragonborn is this system?
First, the dragonmarked houses unmistakably possess influence (and sometimes greed), but they do not rule. In fact, they are actually forbidden from owning lands, thus barring them from true nobility. So by "system of power," are you referring to their wealth and position within humanoid society?

Second, in spite of its name, the dragons have little-to-no influence over how the Draconic Prophecy manifests itself. They may catch glimpses of possibilities and act upon them to influence a possible outcome, but they are not the authors. Thus, a connection to dragons does not guarantee any sort of boon or claim to power.

Third, it sounds like someone is mad that they didn't get a bandit hat. A proper dragon-way of looking at this is: the lesser races with their little dragonmarks are merely pawns in the Prophecy. It is up to the dragons to study/understand the prophecy and move pieces across the board to ensure that the Overlords - who also seek to manipulate the Prophecy - are never freed from their prisons.

Lastly, JustSomeGuy is right. The dragonborn missed out by appearing with 4e. They're pretty late to the party, so they don't get any cake. It isn't that they don't have a place in the lore, but it's sort of like that one odd chair at the table that someone pulled out of the closet. It's obvious that it isn't part of the original set, but at least they have somewhere to sit.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Nov 7th, 2022 at 01:47 AM.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 03:18 AM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9711
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin

Last edited by Gaijin; Nov 7th, 2022 at 04:29 AM.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 04:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3605
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Aight, this is quite a bit to chew on. I'll have a think about it and make some edits.

The "System of Power" I was referring to was the welath and position. Nobility they may not be, but I bet with that money and economic control, they definitely have a lot of sway.

Last edited by Azure Nokori; Nov 7th, 2022 at 04:16 AM.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 12:55 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25368
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
I was waiting for Mad to speak on Dragonborn. They really are not a Eberron thing, as the campaign world was created with 3.5 in mind. They were ratcheted in when 4e was released and 5e treats them the same.
In Rising from the Last War, they have maybe 3 paragraphs dedicated to them.

This would be a decent source. https://eberron.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonborn

They have mainly served as fodder for campaigns that delve to Argonnessen.

Last edited by Embrodak; Nov 7th, 2022 at 12:55 PM.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 03:09 PM
gobble_golem

Tools
User Statistics
Yep. They're pretty much thrown in with the reptiles from Q'Barra or oddities from Argonnessen, which by-and-large isn't really defined in Eberron canon, as far as I know. Outside of "Thar be dragons!" anyway. That may have changed with 4e, but I live in denial that most of that even happened.
Old Nov 7th, 2022, 09:55 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1059
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Hey Mad, just hoping you saw my post about the remade application. Went with a completely different character.

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2