Notices

Old Nov 8th, 2022, 09:31 PM
Warlock in Rogue's Armor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 666
Dikata Dikata Dikata Dikata Dikata Dikata
Dragonborn started in 3.5.

However, they weren't a race on their own. They were created by a humanoid who performed a religious ritual rebirth in the service of Bahamut. This alone would explain why they aren't present in the realm of Eberron, since the god Bahamut is not a part of that setting.

Races of the Dragon
You can find more information about the origin of the dragonborn in the above sourcebook, but here's an excerpt from the book with an explanation of how they came to be. They were likely added as a core race due to their popularity once this book came out.

THE CALL OF BAHAMUT
The dragonborn children of Bahamut are a unique race in that they are not born; they are reborn. Each one enters the world as a halfling, an elf, a human, or a member of some other humanoid race with all that race’s propensities and traits. Bahamut beckons to his would-be followers, and those few who might choose to serve him.

Most of those who hear the Platinum Dragon’s call discover it early, before they reach adolescence. A few heed it after reaching adulthood and beginning their careers. Not all who are called answer.

The call is a strange event that one must experience to understand. It takes the form of a courteous mental question, asking if one’s heart and soul are able and willing to undertake dedication to a noble and arduous purpose—protecting the world from the spawn of Tiamat.

Bahamut’s call asks the chosen one if she is willing to give herself over entirely to this cause, giving up all that she was before to transform into one of Bahamut’s children. This choice is never easy. The chosen one is made aware of the many sacrifices she must make, from her racial identity to her family and friends, even her whole way of life.
The only reward for those forfeitures is service to the Platinum Dragon and his abiding love.

THE RITE OF REBIRTH
The Rite of Rebirth transforms a character into a dedicated draconic servant of Bahamut known as a dragonborn.

Becoming a dragonborn isn’t undertaken lightly. It is a long process full of self-reflection and commitment. Those
supplicants raised in the ways of their original race must carefully consider what they’re giving up. While a human
might be content to give up her natural versatility, it’s rare for someone heavily invested in her racial identity to forfeit that race’s abilities.

When the rite begins, the supplicant lays aside all her equipment and possessions for the duration of the ceremony. Dressed in a loose, linen shift, she spends a full day and night fasting and meditating upon her choice. Her mind fi lls with all the things she is giving up, reminding her she must forgo much of herself to become a dragonborn.

When dawn comes, the prospective dragonborn crawls inside an egg-shaped structure that she has built in order to sleep for the last time in her original form. This symbolic act represents her acceptance of the transformation. When the next dawn arrives, she is transformed into a dragonborn. After awakening inside the sealed egg, she breaks out of it as a glorious, draconic child of Bahamut.

Last edited by Dikata; Nov 9th, 2022 at 10:41 PM.
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 05:14 PM
gobble_golem

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29289
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishKatt View Post
Hey Mad, just hoping you saw my post about the remade application. Went with a completely different character.
Yup! I'll update the table. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; Nov 9th, 2022 at 05:23 PM.
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 05:46 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9711
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 09:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2610
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Jannit the Collector is done! If there is anything else that need to be done please let me know. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...90#post9576790

Last edited by voodoozombie; Nov 9th, 2022 at 09:53 PM.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 10:13 AM
Don't Mind Me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4823
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy
I work at a Hospital but like to pretend that I can keep a regular schedule.

Last edited by JustSomeGuy; Nov 11th, 2022 at 02:08 AM.
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 12:44 AM
gobble_golem

Tools
User Statistics
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Looks like we're in the final stretch! I'll probably wrap this up around 9pm tomorrow. I honestly haven't had to do a lot of reviews or offer notes, so... good job, all! I've been enjoying reading everyone's applications.

Old Nov 11th, 2022, 02:09 AM
Don't Mind Me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4823
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy
I work at a Hospital but like to pretend that I can keep a regular schedule.
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 02:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3605
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
Ah, I don't think I'm going to be able to edit my additional part by then. I'll just leave it as it is. I'd love to develope the idea further but it's quite lore heavy so if I get chosen I'd like the hash out with you how Dragonborns fit into your world.
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 06:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3577
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_gondsman View Post
Looks like we're in the final stretch! I'll probably wrap this up around 9pm tomorrow. I honestly haven't had to do a lot of reviews or offer notes, so... good job, all! I've been enjoying reading everyone's applications.
Woot!
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 06:31 PM
Lemon Eater

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25368
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
My F9 key is getting overused....
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 01:07 AM
gobble_golem

Tools
User Statistics
Okay! First of all, thank you for all of the interest and for indulging some of my unusual requests with the recruiting process. I set a long window for applications because I wasn't sure how much time I would have to check in and engage with each applicant, but you all did a really great job with the subject matter. This is one of those settings that many love to pick over the most insignificant nits of lore, and if that was my intent, I would have been disappointed.

I shouldn't drag this out any longer than it needs to be! In order of application, I chose:

Embrodak, Solitaire64, Snicker, JustSomeGuy, Nasrith, and Gaijin.

I intended to recruit four, but I just couldn't leave it at that. Six is probably the largest party I've ever recruited! It will take some adjustment, but we'll make it work.

Thanks again, everyone! There is definitely enough interest here for someone to start another game, if they so desired. The site definitely needs more Eberron.

Happy Gaming, all!
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 01:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3577
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
Sadness. Alright, hmu if there's an opening
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 02:05 AM
gobble_golem

Tools
User Statistics
Will do! I plan to do a series of short adventures all within the Deathsgate Guild, so if anyone steps out, I will absolutely come back around and send some PMs.
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 02:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3808
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Good, because I was hoping to at least have a chance~
Old Nov 12th, 2022, 08:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 331
rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44 rowsdower44
Thanks for the opportunity and congratulations to those that were accepted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_gondsman View Post
There is definitely enough interest here for someone to start another game, if they so desired. The site definitely needs more Eberron.
I had mentioned in my application that I had been considering starting an Eberron game. There's certainly interest so I may get one going soon.