... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Oct 26th, 2022, 11:51 PM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5779
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
I am going with a B1 as well, they are hilarious.

Not sure on class, thinking maybe Engineer or operative

My Posting day is Mondays AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 12:26 AM
WotC can bite me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7513
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
List of Allowed Droid models/chassis/series
  1. 5YQ Protocol Droid
  2. IG Series Droid
  3. LE series repair droid
  4. SP-4 Analysis Droid
  5. P2/R2-Series Astromech
  6. FA-5 Valet Droid, successor to the FA-4 Pilot Droid
  7. B1 series Battle Droid
I might be missing something, but the SW5e website lists a range of droid classes that doesn't precisely correspond to the above list. It may be premature to ask but I'm reading the SW5e info to get a sense of options. My best guess on correspondences:
droid series correspondences?5YQ Protocol Droid: class 1
IG Series Droid: class 3 or 4
LE series repair droid: class 1 or 3
SP-4 Analysis Droid: class 1 or 3
P2/R2-Series Astromech: class 2
FA-5 Valet Droid: class 1 or 3
B1 series Battle Droid: class 4
Does that sound right?

- I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 09:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9571
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Work In progress

Character Application
right-aligned image

Name:B0-NES (aka Bones)
Droid Type: B1 Series Battle Droid
Class: Engineer
Alignment: Neutral

Character Appearance: Bones looks like your typical B1 Battle Droid, with a red and black paint scheme. That he has always had as long as he can recall.

Character Personality: Bones is a genuinely friendly droid, and has no reservations about speaking freely to anyone. Most would consider him more outgoing than most droids who generally only speak when spoken to, and he has even been known to drone on at times. Unlike his design, he does not like violence of any kind, but this does not mean he will not resort to it if he feels it is necessary. He prefers to focus on academic pursuits and enjoys tinkering and increasing his own knowledge.
Bones
Background: Scientist
Traits: I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplation, becoming oblivious to my surroundings. I do not believe in etiquette and disregard social expectations.
Ideal: Transparency. All discoveries should be open to everyone.
Bond: I owe my instructor a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.
Flaw: I fail to understand why people don't understand my technical jargon.

Backstory: Bones can only recall the past 13 years, anything prior to that time. He is certain that at one point in time he was most likely a combat droid. As long as he can recall though he has been driven to explore and understand science as a whole. His master a scientist himself urged Bones to learn all he could. After 10 years his master chose to step away and removed Bones restraining bolt freeing him to his own pursuits.

Since that time, Bones has been working jobs to keep up his own maintenance and continue his own research. He is quite interested in Cybertech and specializes in that field, though he takes jobs relating to any sort of scientific work that comes his way. Bones has no clue about his original origins or purpose in service to Gunray, or that of his own master's service. Even without that knowledge he still feels an obligation to those he has worked with the past years, so much so in fact that they all have worked tirelessly to ensure they remain a unit. It is strange to feel if that is what it can be called truly that they must look out for one another but they all share this in common.

Bones takes this to an even more distinct level. Associating his companions with family, and has a genuine concern for each and every one of their safety and operation. Willing to risk harm to himself to ensure they are all protected.

Character Sheet
right-aligned image

Name:LE-G0 (aka Lego)
Droid Type: LE Series Repair Droid
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Neutral

Character Appearance: Lego looks like pretty much every other LE Series droid, with the exception of his light blue metallic coloring and red band around his face and head.

Character Personality: Lego does not have a long memory he just knows that the droids he is with are his family. At least what would be a family if they were not droids. Still he would face disassembly to keep them all safe if it came down to it. He is not one who takes to being treated poorly by anyone and is not afraid of vocalizing when he feels demeaned or looked down upon.
Background: Mercenary
Traits: I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success. I do not fear death, but accept it as part of life.
Ideal: Measure of Last Resort. Sometimes we have to do things that we REALLY don't want to do, but we must remember that we only do them because we have to.
Bond: I am with friends whom I trust with my life as they should trust me with theirs.
Flaw: I will never let a comrade stand alone, even if it gets me killed.

Backstory: Lego doesn't know much about his past other than at first he was working like most of his series doing demolitions for salvage it being safer for droids. As long as he can recall he has been unlike most other droids though, instead he is unrestrained and free to act as he chooses. He is no ones property, but his own being able to do as he sees fit. His crew is his family and they have worked together for years, and he feels a deep seated need to protect and stay with them.

While he does not enjoy violence he does enjoy blowing things up. The sheer fact of seeing something so perfectly and precisely disassembled in such a brutal fashion. HE prefers not to injure others if it is possible to avoid it but will not hesitate to do so should the need arise.

Last edited by JaredSyn; Nov 4th, 2022 at 10:40 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 10:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28768
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire64 View Post
I might be missing something, but the SW5e website lists a range of droid classes that doesn't precisely correspond to the above list. It may be premature to ask but I'm reading the SW5e info to get a sense of options. My best guess on correspondences:
droid series correspondences?5YQ Protocol Droid: class 1
IG Series Droid: class 3 or 4
LE series repair droid: class 1 or 3
SP-4 Analysis Droid: class 1 or 3
P2/R2-Series Astromech: class 2
FA-5 Valet Droid: class 1 or 3
B1 series Battle Droid: class 4
Does that sound right?
Well, sorta. As I said in the layout description, although you'll pick a frame, it can be highly modified on the inside and somewhat on the outside frame. So really, find the frame you like from the list and see if it will work with what you want in the end.
I could go through the long process I went through to choose that list, but that will come later for those chosen.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 10:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Drachenspirit Did you see my question about chasis? Want the B! battle droid look but be an engineer which by the book would be best using Chasis One is that acceptable?
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 10:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Drachenspirit Did you see my question about chasis? Want the B! battle droid look but be an engineer which by the book would be best using Chasis One is that acceptable?
Yes, I think that's fine.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 10:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry one more question is there a preferred character sheet for use?
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 11:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Sorry one more question is there a preferred character sheet for use?
Yes, use the one here, the 5E one on the site, modifying the skills mentioned.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 12:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I took starting gear based on class and background what do we roll for additional credits for being third level? Otherwise, I think the character sheet is done, still coming up with his background. Open to a sheet review to see if it is right?

Last edited by JaredSyn; Oct 27th, 2022 at 12:18 PM.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 12:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I just updated first post to reflect an additional 100 to spend for being 3rd level.
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 06:10 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19595
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Question - Tasha's allows for reconfiguring racial stat bonuses to reflect an individual who is outside of the norms or was raised differently. Could these "racial" stat bonus allocations be applied to droids as well, to reflect construction or modification for specific purposes?
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 06:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
Question - Tasha's allows for reconfiguring racial stat bonuses to reflect an individual who is outside of the norms or was raised differently. Could these "racial" stat bonus allocations be applied to droids as well, to reflect construction or modification for specific purposes?
I think so, even if that is in D&D instead of STW. What page is that in Tasha's?
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 11:36 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19595
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
I don't remember exactly, but it's right before the Artificer.
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 12:14 AM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20126
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
I think so, even if that is in D&D instead of STW. What page is that in Tasha's?
Page 7.
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 06:59 PM
Gealdricge

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6862
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
So there actually is a workaround for droids not being force sensitive Here
Choosing the Independent Droid Background, and selecting the feat "PHB 193
You are specially modified droid used to house a shard. Shards are sentient crystals native to the planet Orax, roughly a foot in length, that communicate with each other through pulses of light. While inhabiting a specialized droid host, shards are able to overcome the droid’s inability to wield the Force, granting the following benefits:

Increase an ability score of your choice by 1, to a maximum of 20.
You lose the Force-Insensitive special trait.
You can cast the sense force force power once per day. Wisdom or Charisma (your choice) is your forcecasting ability for this power.
Shard Modification" is the only way to get this option at character creation. Otherwise the earliest it is available is 4th level.

Planning on using this option for KN and BRB

By the by, the application for Byte and Bit should be complete. Let me know if you need anything more.

Last edited by kanly; Oct 28th, 2022 at 07:42 PM.