Other Alien RPG: Chariot of the Gods - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook
0 4 9 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 06:31 PM
TheDude4000's Avatar
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 343
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydorei View Post
App complete. The about me is in my first post.

With her background she can go medical or company rep

Edit: ugh. Typing on a phone sucks. I will clean up my posts when home.
haha I feel your pain. No worries!

----

I saw your finished app. Looks great! I feel like she would fit the company rep role well.

Last edited by TheDude4000; Oct 26th, 2022 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 09:44 PM
TheDude4000's Avatar
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 343
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubachi View Post
Hi TheDude4000! Here is my application.
Great app Mitsubachi! Love the interview format. If you're wanting some suggestions for possible birth places, what about the colony on Lebanon 2? Pretty close to a frontier colony that seems like a rough place to grow up that would fit with your character. Here is a LINK to the Xenopedia page

Last edited by TheDude4000; Oct 26th, 2022 at 11:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Oct 26th, 2022, 11:47 PM
Solitaire64's Avatar
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 is online now
WotC can bite me
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 7513
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Posts: 3,883
ALIEN RPG application: Alex the roughneckA little bit about yourself and what draws you to the world of Alien: There is a definite ‘cyberpunk’ odor to the world of Alien, but it isn’t overpowering; it's complimentary to the horror aspect. It was one of the first bump-in-the-night movies I saw in theaters, so part of my childhood, really. And the second movie was an awesome action ride, where action dominated but the dark future touches were there without being awkward.

Which role you’re applying to: Techie, or maybe cargo-handler, i.e. a roughneck.

Name, gender, age, birth place: Alexander (call me Alex) Moroz, male, 37, Los Angeles, Earth

Backstory and a character portrait:
 

 
__________________
City of Endless Arenas! Design your gladiator today!

- I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 09:55 AM
TheDude4000's Avatar
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 343
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000
Posts: 241
Thanks for the app Solitaire64! Great backstory. I always thought that portrait fits the cargo handler/rough neck vibe pretty well myself!

Last edited by TheDude4000; Oct 27th, 2022 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 06:45 PM
Mitsubachi's Avatar
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi is offline
Busy Bee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 2735
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Posts: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude4000 View Post
Great app Mitsubachi! Love the interview format. If you're wanting some suggestions for possible birth places, what about the colony on Lebanon 2? Pretty close to a frontier colony that seems like a rough place to grow up that would fit with your character. Here is a LINK to the Xenopedia page
Perfect thanks @TheDude4000 I will grab that hint with both hands and have edited the birthplace into my app.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 09:04 PM
psuedenim's Avatar
psuedenim psuedenim is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 1657
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Posts: 774
Application updated
__________________
Get to know psuedenim. I'm a He/Him in PDT and can play once a day most days of the week
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 10:48 PM
TheDude4000's Avatar
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 343
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000
Posts: 241
@Mitsubachi - awesome! glad to help

@psuedenim - good stuff. I like it! Really digging the Torin Prime lore.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Oct 27th, 2022, 11:47 PM
TheDude4000's Avatar
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 343
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000
Posts: 241
So far I have applications for roles from the following people:

-Captain: To be decided.
-Company agent: Tydorei
-Pilot: Cybersavant
-Cargo handler: Psuedenim and Solitaire64
-Technician: Mitsubachi

We still need a for sure captain. Since we have two cargo handlers, I might drop the medic role. It appears Tydorei's character has some medical background, so if she takes a skill or two in medical aid we could probably do without a dedicated medic.

Last edited by TheDude4000; Oct 27th, 2022 at 11:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 12:06 AM
Tydorei's Avatar
Tydorei Tydorei is offline
One who has seen the end
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 1098
Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei
Posts: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude4000 View Post
So far I have applications for roles from the following people:

-Captain: To be decided.
-Company agent: Tydorei
-Pilot: Cybersavant
-Cargo handler: Psuedenim and Solitaire64
-Technician: Mitsubachi

We still need a for sure captain. Since we have two cargo handlers, I might drop the medic role. It appears Tydorei's character has some medical background, so if she takes a skill or two in medical aid we could probably do without a dedicated medic.
Indeed. Dabbling with the character creator, my Agent did have medical skills.
__________________
You are who you choose to be... but nothing is free.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 12:20 AM
TheDude4000's Avatar
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 343
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydorei View Post
Indeed. Dabbling with the character creator, my Agent did have medical skills.
Excellent! That will work perfectly then.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 10:10 AM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 566
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 494
I'm late but itching to join. Will try to have a app for captain up today
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 12:20 PM
TheDude4000's Avatar
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 343
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000
Posts: 241
Great! Will be good to have you DBCowboy.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Oct 28th, 2022, 11:51 PM
DBCowboy's Avatar
DBCowboy DBCowboy is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 566
DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy DBCowboy
Posts: 494
Captain
right-aligned image

A little bit about yourself and what draws you to the world of Alien
I was probably 16 when I first watched Alien, say 1984-ish. You remember that scene where Dallas goes into the tunnels to hunt the creature? The motion sensor starts picking up movement, it's getting closer, he can't see anything, Ripley and the others start telling him to run, he does, twists, turns, slides down the ladder, turns around and its....right....there! Yeah, I easily jumped 3 feet up from where I was sitting. Finished watching the movie and when the friends I was with got ready to watch Aliens next I made an excuse that I needed to go home. Freaked out. Years later I've watched both several times, enjoyed Aliens a lot, no surprise, easily my favorite. Have not seen all of Prometheus and nothing of Alien: Covenant yet. The future isn't bright and shiny. Technology didn't make our lives all better, at least not for most folks. It's gritty and harsh and the corporations control everything. I probably wouldn't want to live there but story of being a regular Joe, facing some nightmare and sticking it to the corporation while doing it? Yeah that's a good feeling. The fact that you're likely to die in the process? Well, hopefully you have just as memorable of an ending as old Dallas did for me.

Side note: We showed them to our kids when they were teens/early tweens. They weren't scared at all, not from Alien or Aliens. I was kind of pissed honestly.

Which role you’re applying to
Captain

Name, gender, age, birth place
Name: Garret Shaw
Gender: Male
Age: 57
Birth Place: Old Detroit, Earth

Backstory
Shaw is tired. He's been flying between one rundown station or another for 25 years. After all the crap he's seen, both from crooked corps to crew doing stupid ****, plus the 3 ex-wives he's lost along the way, he's become a little jaded. Okay, a lot jaded. As such he doesn't get excited quickly, he talks even, calm. But push him too far and he gets a look in his eyes that says you wouldn't be the first body I've seen spaced.

WIP


Last edited by DBCowboy; Oct 31st, 2022 at 11:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Oct 29th, 2022, 11:14 AM
TheDude4000's Avatar
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 5th, 2022
RPXP: 343
TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000 TheDude4000
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCowboy View Post
I was probably 16 when I first watched Alien, say 1984-ish. You remember that scene where Dallas goes into the tunnels to hunt the creature? The motion sensor starts picking up movement, it's getting closer, he can't see anything, Ripley and the others start telling him to run, he does, twists, turns, slides down the ladder, turns around and its....right....there! Yeah, I easily jumped 3 feet up from where I was sitting. Finished watching the movie and when the friends I was with got ready to watch Aliens next I made an excuse that I needed to go home. Freaked out. Years later I've watched both several times, enjoyed Aliens a lot, no surprise, easily my favorite. Have not seen all of Prometheus and nothing of Alien: Covenant yet. The future isn't bright and shiny. Technology didn't make our lives all better, at least not for most folks. It's gritty and harsh and the corporations control everything. I probably wouldn't want to live there but story of being a regular Joe, facing some nightmare and sticking it to the corporation while doing it? Yeah that's a good feeling. The fact that you're likely to die in the process? Well, hopefully you have just as memorable of an ending as old Dallas did for me.

Side note: We showed them to our kids when they were teens/early tweens. They weren't scared at all, not from Alien or Aliens. I was kind of pissed honestly.
Oh yeah, that scene is intense! It is amazing to me that things that scare us seem to be different from generation to generation. Sadly I still can't get my wife to watch Alien with me. She knows it would scare her! Maybe I can convince her to give it a shot for this halloween season!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Oct 30th, 2022, 04:44 PM
Skylarious's Avatar
Skylarious Skylarious is offline
Shiny and chrome
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 5th, 2022
RPXP: 1690
Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious Skylarious
Posts: 2,059
I've run this scenario before so I sadly have to hold off on applying, but gotta say you folks are in for a treat! It was one of my favorite short games I've ever been involved in.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2022, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB