Other (Rogue Trader) The Cambrian Depths - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook facebook
0 3 7 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 2nd, 2022, 07:20 PM
Dapper Jelly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5561
Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H
Hey solitaire. Only if you want to. We still have time for more players to show up. If you want we can wait and see if anyone else turns up. Or you can make the change now if you prefer.
Old Nov 3rd, 2022, 02:01 AM
WotC can bite me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7513
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
explorator app intro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code H View Post
Hey solitaire. Only if you want to. We still have time for more players to show up. If you want we can wait and see if anyone else turns up. Or you can make the change now if you prefer.
Honestly, playing an explorator does sound more interesting now that I've chewed on it. So I'm withdrawing the void-master app I previously created. Maybe you can use it for an NPC.
Kennoch the ExploratorCharacter Name: Kennoch

Career Path: EXPLORATOR

Origins: VOID-BORN > SCAPEGRACE > Wanted FugitiveCRIMINAL > HAND OF WAR > FORTUNE

Description: Kennoch is surprisingly chunky for a space-birthed follower of the Omnissiah. Considering his many melees and fire fights, and how closely he has tread towards open heresy in his pursuit of knowledge, perhaps that isn’t terribly surprising. He has permanently banished his body hair by chemical and surgical means, yet he has kept a cosmetically human (appearing) mouth and throat so as to put the barbarians and other crude folk he interacts with at ease, or at least that was his goal. He is unconcerned with the disapproval of Mechanicus peers to this attachment to human appearances, which is perhaps foolish of him.

His efforts to look more human are definitely foolish; he has the pallid skin, bone structure, and odd gait on planets that cries out ‘void-born.’ When you combine that with his hairless features and machine parts he puts no one at ease. His attempts at humor, which he practices in private, are painful to listen to, though he occasionally gets laughs generated by his awful delivery or failure to grasp a joke’s proper context. While he actively loathes daemons and Chaos worshippers, his pragmatic attitude towards more rational heretics and xenos would not please any Imperial officials who became aware of Kennoch’s lapses.

Backstory: Born on a navy ship before becoming a minor tech-adept on a deep space station, Kennoch survived multiple conflicts with pirates, xenos, and the like in his youth. As part of keeping equipment running it was necessary for him to make contacts in the grey market of supply officers and bureaucrats as well as the black market of organized crime. Though not a particularly good negotiator his ethical flexibility resulted in him finding himself ‘assigned’ to assist an explorator. This was the young man’s first experience with followers of the Omnissiah playing fast and loose with laws and doctrine in the quest for knowledge.

His mentor was caught by the Inquisition, but this proved to be an opportunity for the young man who was luckily able to plead genuine ignorance of his superior’s crimes. Kennoch was informally pardoned, removed from Adeptus Arbites custody, and joined the entourage of an inquisitor hunting down dangerous Chaos worshippers. The tech-priest was lucky enough to survive several battles, which was more than many of the team could say. The access to forbidden aerotech knowledge inspired the young man to remain an explorator after his benefactor’s tragic death. Kennoch is trying to get himself attached to Lord Iddideron’s entourage as his best opportunity to learn the secrets of the Cambrian sector.

- I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 06:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3272
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Ok Vargus is finished, its short and vague because i don't know much about the setting. If that's a problem, let me know and i will do my best to add more.
Old Nov 5th, 2022, 09:20 PM
Dapper Jelly

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome, looks good.

We pretty much have enough to get started, but I'll leave it open until the 12th as I originally said. Spatula and Ramble, if you're still interested get your aps done this week.

And if anyone is hanging around and hasn't made their minds up yet, I could still really use a Navigator.
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 01:22 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13785
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
I've added in the background path. Is there anything else you'd like to see?
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 04:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Question: If i start with a skill, in this case Pilot (Spacecraft) can i spend the 100xp to take it a second time during character creation and ifi do what would that do for me?
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 09:30 AM
Dapper Jelly

Tools
User Statistics
Hey Spatula, looks good. I was mostly wondering because your post says it is still WIP. But yes as is it looks good.

Rylus, I don't think buying it again does anything. In order to get a better skill, you need to buy the versions that say +10, +20 ext.
Old Nov 6th, 2022, 06:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ok thats what i thought, but just wanted to check
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 04:26 PM
Dapper Jelly

Tools
User Statistics
Hey all,

So we're close to the deadline, and I can certainly take all the so far completed aps.

So welcome aboard, Spatula, Rylus, mighty, and Solitare. I'll send out pm invites.

And if anyone stumbles across this ad in the next couple days, there's still room. I'd be happy to take one or two more. Especially if someone is interested in playing a navigator.