: +

Notices

Old Nov 9th, 2022, 02:01 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1234
ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero
Yeah I shaved a couple points out that let me fit the skill points in that I wanted, befitting a character who is halfway done with a PhD. I may still scootch a thing or two around (like add Noticeable to Flight), but Michael's build looks good to me if you want to take that final look.

Indirect will definitely be taken soon but there isn't quite room for it yet. And I'm uncertain what quirk you're referring to. If it's the one that pushes him back when he pushes an enemy, that is already saving him a point by having a cost of "-1". I believe it is "Feature" that costs 1 point for a minor benefit. My intent is that getting pushed back will often have the potential to hurt him a little if it bumps him into terrain (Rank 1 damage effect or something). It could be the -1/rank Side Effect flaw (only on successes?) if you think that's better.

Very cool characters yall. I've enjoyed reading them and I like the vibe we have so far.

Last edited by ArcZero; Nov 9th, 2022 at 02:21 AM.
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 08:28 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
UTasteSoSO UTasteSoSO
Cleaned up the items you listed!
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 08:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9571
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
I believe Cassie is complete made some subtle changes based on your notes Anarchy.
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 01:15 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7590
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Background and rp sample done. I have a nice photo, how do you resize these things. Also as my pic is practically how I imagine Alfred, I will be concentrating on my legally distinct batsuit.
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 07:23 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
UTasteSoSO UTasteSoSO
I had to resize on my comp and then upload and link the smaller version. Other boards I use allow for resizing in the code but I have no idea how to do that here.
Old Nov 9th, 2022, 11:00 PM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2735
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
I can resize that if you want Acathala.

Last edited by Mitsubachi; Nov 27th, 2022 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Finish the sentence!
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 03:23 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Alkemist
Alright you convinced me. If you're willing to approve some absences on/around the holidays for travel (I can provide dates weeks in advance and we can RP around it) then consider this me tossing my hat into the ring. Ready for a first-pass review if I didn't miss the window.

Also, if the concept is too sinister, I can tone it down. I made sure not to be graphic because I'm not sure exactly how dark you're going for.

The Umbranaut: Few have stared into the void, and among those corrupted few only a privileged handful have ever seen the truth behind emptiness, to return as shepherds of the darkness. These devilish ghouls with mutated minds evolve into predators of humankind. They slink around the perimeter of society, avoiding the law and the lawless alike, seeking weak to hunt them down like fawns in the wild.
Fewer still have lived this way, skulking around as beasts of the night, only to one day return to the light; those who have traveled the shadows and back, the true Umbranauts.

Name: Henry Hugo
Archetype: Empath/emotional sorcerer
Background: Henry grew up in rural Germany before emigrating to Poland to study medicine. After a successful career as a surgeon and a grim period of personal darkness, the sudden blossoming of his powers caused him to retreat from his profession and seek isolation in a monastery. Having finished his time with the monks, Henry is looking for the next chapter in his life, hopefully one where he can repent for the previous chapters.

Physical Description: Eyes like ice hidden behind the sheen of lenses in wire framed spectacles, hair the color of obsidian, eyebrows like angry streaks of charcoal across a stern forehead, a strong clean-shaven jawline and hooked nose over thin lips pressed into a resting face just unfriendly enough to stop you from talking to him.

Personality: As cold and sharp as the steel scalpels he used to make his name in the surgical profession, but not unkind or uncaring. Dr. Henry Hugo considers the needs of others, and then decides whether to act on or ignore those considerations. He considers himself a something of a philosopher/academic and aristocrat, always making a point to practice proper manners and fashion. A fan of etiquette, Henry keeps his life orderly as evidenced by his well groomed appearance

[secret=Anarchy]

Does this count XD

Not sure if you saw my response on MW, but I just started a job and it turns out to offer a serendipitously consistent amount of free time. I will need to spend some days driving to visit folks though so if you're planning to plow through the holidays, I think you'll have to pass over my app. Otherwise I'd be excited and flattered to be selected. I had a ton of fun playing Allie and Zander, and I'm not going to be in the middle of shifting my entire life this time

I kept the meat of the character private to avoid needing a content warning, and so you can respond by telling me whether it fits or not first. I also made up an Eastern European Gotham City to make things easier for me. Hope that fits okay.
Dice Roll:
1d10 10

concept ex-psychopath stricken with a sudden permanent psychic link to anyone around him, seeking a way to connect with other people and perhaps use his powers to help them.
Mutant powers:
Right Now
Permanent exposure to the emotions, surface thoughts, and memories of people close to him depending on proximity.
The ability to control the emotional aura in his vicinity, provoking anything from subtle attitude shifts to sudden inhuman rages.
Personal Precognition when asked a question about a person's future by someone else. Cannot be used alone. Requires some aspect of chance (deck, dice, coins, etc), intimate connection with the subject's mind, and is more accurate the more specific the question is, as well as the more distant in the future its subject is.

Eventually:
Increases range and precision of mental prying
Selective Auras
Some kind of weak control effect that he has to struggle with only using for good.

Nationality: German and Polish
Complications:
-Motivated to repent. Henry has committed horrible acts in the past because he was immune to the emotional backlash, but now all of that has come back to haunt him. He wants to do good as much for its own sake as to feel like he's fixing the past.
Motivated to personally change. Henry is different now and he knows it. He's under no illusion that he can keep living his old lifestyle. He's been clean for a year, and now wants to move forward, away from the person he used to be. He didn't fully realize he had no empathy until after he suddenly acquired it and he wants to be normal now. Or whatever normal is for people like him, if there are any people like him.
-Sociopath. Even though he now has the capacity for empathy (in fact he can't stop it) he still doesn't actually know what he's doing in regards to emotional connection. He has yet to develop a deep personal relationship in this world, but he's primed and yearning for the opportunity after a year of isolation.
-Lack of control. He is unable to turn off his powers, and they're causing him great distress. He also can't modulate his powers, putting him at the whim of his emotions.
-Secret identity. Nobody in Dr. Hugo's life knows about his identity as an ex-serial killer and cannibal, including the police. However, after the legal proceedings surrounding Deborah's death Henry worries that his past could destroy any hope of a future away from all that.
-Code of Conduct. Henry has a strict set of rules which, while a far cry from morality, he rigorously abides by. He will not break any of his rules on purpose, but should it accidentally happen he goes into a brooding mood and applies a series of self-punishments (which usually consists of charity to others at great cost to himself). He's coming to terms with the standard sense of morality as a product of genuine human sympathies rather than a simple list of rules.

Code of Conduct (parentheticals are the amendments):
Refrain from hurting anyone who asks you not to (unless you've already decided beforehand you were going to hurt them) .
Keep to your agreements, fulfill your promises
Be polite, be efficient (and have a plan to kill everyone you meet)
If it costs you nothing, or very little, you must help (those who ask seek it)

Background: Even as he grew up in a small rural area of Germany, raised by an elderly pair of foster parents, It would have been clear to anyone paying attention that Henry Hugo was no ordinary boy. His proclivity for cruelty arose early, crushing bugs and small rodents for fun. Things progressed, as they tend to do. Out in the countryside nobody would think twice about the torn up corpse of a racoon or rabbit with wild dogs running around, and when as a young man Henry graduated from Wittenberg University to go study medicine in the distinguished Polish city of Tretogor, he found a new level of precision and efficiency with which he could indulge his morbid fascinations. In the grimy underbelly of the Tretogor he had all the shadow he could want to hide his grim pastime.

Like so many, Hugo discovered his... passions in college during his pre-med years. Holding fast to a strong sense of honor, though divorced from anything most would call ethics, he took issue with bullies. He intervened whenever he felt it wasn't too great a threat to himself. In one instance he stepped between a young woman and the enraged man assaulting her.

In the ensuing scuffle, Hugo took several blows and in a fit of anger reduced the assailant's skull to a bloody pulp of bone and brain with a discarded pipe he found nearby. That hyper elation, that adrenaline fueled tunnel vision, that increased circulation which made his heart pound and dropped off the moment his breathing regulated; it was addictive and he wanted it again.

At first Hugo didn't interact with the slums and tent cities of Tretogor, but the higher in society he went the more he found excuses for excursions into the grimiest ghettos of the city; drugs, prostitutes, anything else he might need that the law didn't have to know about. It was easy for him to slip away from the commotion and move quietly amongst the city's forgotten. The second was a young man, strong, virile, clearly full of life. Perfectly ripe for the picking. It was as easy as sneaking behind him with a box cutter and sliding it under his corotid artery, then dragging it to the other side. Just one more incision like a million before it.

Dr Hugo didn't start eating his victims until the fourth, after which he became much more meticulous in choosing who he would claim, often following them for weeks at a time beforehand. Henry amended his code of honor slightly to account for his new hobby and to set parameters on his behavior. Like any euphoric experience, this could be addictive and safeguards were necessary to keep from losing control.

Seven years he spent living that double life, award winning surgeon by day, stalker of Tretogor's alleys by night. He had no close friends, no personal visits, kept no relations but the distant country calls to his foster parents. To the world he was Dr. Hugo, polite, refined, steely eyed professional. To the poor unaccounted lot of Tretogor he was an unnamed nightmare, a shadow, an unfortunate disaster one could never predict. Sometimes he struck the other demons who hunted on his grounds. Sometimes he pursued the most helpless individual he could find. Most nights he didn't hunt but merely prowled, creeping unknown through the city looking for his next prey.

One day the two lives crossed in a moment of disaster that lead to Henry going to prison. He left prison and immediately quit his job & joined a monastery for a year spending as much time as he could mediating or praying, where the thoughts tended to be quieter. When he emerged from the other side of his isolation, it was like being born anew. He felt something for some people some of the time that he couldn't rationalize. He heard voices he couldn't explain. He was largely the same old-school, overly polite, acclaimed surgeon and sociopath he'd always been, but definitely different.

RP Sample:
Everything changed when Henry met Deborah Fallston. Deborah was the thirteenth. He stopped after he met her. They had been dating for a year and a month when he decided he was in love with her and needed to kill her. She would be the first one he knew beforehand, the first not carefully yet arbitrarily selected from the slums of Tretogor. The most important one. He needed to be extra careful since would only have one chance. It needed to be perfect the first time.

Things had been planned with meticulous precision, an alibi was concocted, and Hugo was ready to test the boundary of experience. But something went terribly wrong.

It was a cinematically romantic night. Deborah ate a brilliant exotic dinner prepared with the same care as her murder, but afterwards while she slept and he rose to continue prep, Hugo caught a flash of snowy winterscape through a frost-coated window. He smelled the smoke from a cedar wood fire and the pinene from the douglass fir in a living room he didn't recognize. He could taste gingerbread and hazelnuts. There was a warmth in his belly that he knew wasn't his. He felt nostalgia for something he'd never experienced.

Deborah woke up while Hugo was battling the flood of new feelings and tried to escape after seeing the incomplete scene of sadistic intent before her. Panicked and desperate, Henry grabbed her and tossed her down the stairs when she resisted him.

The moment her head collided with the dense stone tile at the bottom Henry felt it all leak out of her. He knew she was dead, and somehow he felt it. He wept fruitlessly for the woman's life he'd just ended, but more for the lives that would have to continue without her: her parents, her siblings, her friends, the daughter he hadn't known about, him. None of them had mattered before she was gone, but something had ruptured inside him when she passed to the other side and its contents were spilling out into his head. He felt other people now in a way he never had before. Without any warning he began hearing voices, and he knew what were feeling. No, he feltwhat they were feeling.

When the authorities arrived after a neighbor called in a disturbance they found Henry distraught and nearly comatose with shock, cradling the dead body of the woman he'd just murdered. After a confusing scene in which multiple authorities failed to get a response from him, he asked for a phone. He first compulsively called Deborah's mother and explained through sobs what happened; that her daughter was dead. Next he called his lawyer and left a message. Then he spoke to the police explaining that they'd had a few drinks and gone upstairs, but then gotten into an argument. Upon questioning he fumbled through a flimsy made up argument and exused the halfway prepared scene upstairs away as kinky role play but the detectives still convened to decide that preceding argument and sexual angle made murder possible.

He ended up getting charged wirh the murder of Deborah and pleading guilty to reckless endangerment despite his lawyers protestations that they could easily get the charges dropped. Prison for a psychic that can't turn off their power is a special kind of torture, and Henry felt he deserved every day of it.

It was a forgivingly short visit which ended with him joining a remote monastery in the Swiss mountains for a year to recover. The brothers there gave everything they could and got just slightly less than what they needed. Surviving on alms was difficult, but together they persevered. It wasn't so bad feeling the emotions of people you struggled to survive with. When his sabbatical ended, Dr Hugo returned to Tretogor but couldn't return to his practice. Surgery was a noble profession, but he wanted to be a part of something bigger, to do something that made a difference. To continue atoning for his sins.

Abilities (20)
Strength (Str): 1
Stamina (Sta): 2
Agility (Agl): 1
Fighting (Fgt): 0
Dexterity (Dex): 2
Intellect (Int): 3
Awareness (Awe): 2
Presence (Pre): -1

Defence (8)
Dodge (Agl): 4
Fort (Sta): 0
Parry (Fgt): 2
Toughness (Sta): 0
Will (Awe): 2

Offence
Initiative (Agl): 1
Close: +0 to Strike, 1 Damage

Skills (20)
Deception (Pre): 8 (+7)
Expertise Anatomical (Int): 3 (+6)
Insight (Awe): 6 (+8)
Intimidation (Pre): 6 (+5)
Investigation (Int): 2 (+5)
Perception (Awe): 3 (+5)
Stealth (Agl): 4 (+5)
Treatment (Int): 8 (+11)

Advantages (12)
Assessment, Daze, Eidetic memory, Evasion (2), Fearless, Hide in plain sight, Luck (4), Languages

Mutant Powers 40

Senses (10);

Fortune Telling (1): Precognition (4), Limited to people in deep link (-1), quirk requires an element of chance (-1), distracting(-1)
-Henry can read the reaction of someone’s psyche and predict their course through life. The information must be personal and must relate to the individual whose future is being told.

Emotional Synesthesia (9): Acute (1), Accurate (2), Counters Illusion (2), Extended (1), Penetrates Concealment (1), Ranged (1), Radius (1)
-Henry’s mind can’t produce a brand new sense, so it utilizes the old channels in new ways. When Henry’s power allows him to pick up on emotions from afar, he hallucinates sensory data that must be interpreted to properly identify. Happiness could be laughter or bells, the color yellow green or pink, or a warm soft fuzzy tingly feeling. Emotions aren’t clear or distinct, that’s what distinguishes them from thoughts. (Note to GM: you can provide the emotion, I’ll translate to other senses)

Mind Reading (11);

Deep Link 8 (8): Cumulative (+1), Effortless (+1), Close (-2), Feedback (-1)
-When Henry touches someone, they inadvertently feed him the entirety of their sense of self through the channel between them. The link created is one in which selfhood between the two becomes nearly nonexistent, a true melding of minds.

Surface Connection 8 (3): Limited to Surface thoughts (-1), Limited to 10ft radius (-1), Continuous (+1), Permanent (-1), Noticeable (-1), quirk- requires a will save of 10+[# of minds connected] to divine any useful information]
-Henry can’t help but hear, just like the rest of us. Unlike the rest of us, he can hear thoughts. He’s blessed by the fact that he can’t hear the entire city at once (or even a whole room), but in the right building at the right time, a 30ft diameter circle can fit a lot of people, and the noise to signal ratio makes it difficult to concentrate and practically useless. Needless to say, Henry avoids the subways.
Those in range of his mental awareness feel a distinct sense of being watched, but not specifically. It's not so much the feeling of being spied on in particular by someone, but rather the feeling of being surveyed by a stationary security camera. It isn't watching *you*, it's just watching and you happen to have stepped into its range of perception. They don't know where it's coming from, but the feeling gets stronger the closer they are to Henry.

Emotional Sorcery (7+1 alternate effect); These are the offensive spells that Henry can put people under. They’re sudden powerful flashes of feeling which affect a single subject within Henry’s emotional synesthesia. Those nearby may momentarily get a feedback flash of emotional synesthesia.

Rage: (7) Those in the area around the stricken have their senses infiltrated by a fizzy and fiery red that can't decide whether it's crimson or scarlet, too busy to catch and to hot to hold, the sound of sparks and crackling embers, the smell of smoke and the taste of blood, a tension in the muscles and a spring in the step.
For subjects caught in this aura, Henry can inflict them with a barbaric blood rage that leaves them overexposed and wide open, even possibly causing them to attack their allies.
Affliction 4 [vulnerable, compelled to attack whoever is closest] (1), Increased Range (+2), Limited degree (-1), Noticeable (-1)
Weaken Parry 1 (1), Increased range (+2)

Sorrow: (7) Those standing near the stricken will perceive flashes of blue, deep and royal, like the tears lapiz lazuli cries when it sees art painted with its pigment, cloudy like fog early in the morning, the sound of rain on the pavement, the smell of faded cigarette smoke and stale coffee, a persistent unshakable shiver coming from a dampness on the skin that resists drying.
-Henry's depressions used to result in addiction and tragedy. The feeling of emptiness, loneliness and uselessness. The sense that you're lost even when you wander your own hallways. Subjects caught in this downpour of emotions first succumb to a lack of motivation before breaking down and crying where they stand.
Affliction 4 [Impaired, Compelled to cry] (1), Increased Range (+2), Limited degree (-1), Noticeable (-1)
Luck Control [enemy reroll] (3)

Emotional Alchemy: (9+2 alternate effects) These are general benefits that Henry can’t turn off. The effects are permanent, but he can switch between them. They provide passive boons, and have perceptible splash effects which manifest in varying ways.

Focused: (8) Henry is usually surrounded by a yellow so pale and muted it could be silver, the color of Moonlight, the sound of rustling leaves, the smell of fresh cut bamboo and green tea, a nearly imperceptible drop in temperature, the sensation of pins and needles in the arms and legs.
-This is Henry's default state. It's not rushed or busy, it's simply driven. When projecting his standard aura, the body and mind run together with pure clinical efficiency. Subjects under its influence will be able to improvise rapidly. They can think quickly, and act swiftly. Even the body's natural processes of recovery improve with focus at the cellular level, and the constant active mental reprocessing renders foreign mental influence inert, unable to find purchase.
Regen 1 (3) Affects others (+1), Area cylinder (+1), Noticeable (-1)
Quickness 1 (3), Affects others (+1), Area cylinder (+1), Noticeable (-1)
Immunity to unnatural charms (1) Affects others (+1), Area cylinder (+1), Noticeable (-1)

Serene: (8) People affected might perceive things in a shade ofvibrant verdant emerald green, translucent and reflective, hear the distant sound of violins and flutes, smell fresh flowers and springtime, feel sunshine or a gentle breeze on the skin.
-It's a laid back, relaxed, easy-like- Sunday-morning vibe that lingers in the air like the light on a long summer day. The attitudes of those caught in it are improved, lubricating social interaction with the plower of a few drinks minus any of the aggression or sloppiness. Henry's perceptual acuity increases, and he's at his most personable, quite so, when he is his most serene.
Feature [Everyone within view of Henry (but not Henry) has increased sociability as per 1 rank of attractive] (1)
Enhanced Presence 2 (4)
Enhanced Awareness 2 (4)

Aggravated: (8) It's not necessarily angry, but it is animated. It's that adrenal feeling just before a fight or a car accident, the knowledge that your body is preparing for disaster. The placebo effect allows the mind to trick the body, and the same mechanism can be used in life-threatening situations to produce extraordinary results. When the subject is influenced, the effect is visible; hairs raise, pupils dilate, veins bulge, skin reddens, and the smell of harsh chemicals fill the air. Their combat potential soars as the body pumps every steroid and emergency response hormone it can into the blood.
Enhanced Fighting 5(10), Enhanced Strength 4 (8), Reduced AWE 3 (-3), Reduced INT 3 (-3), Noticeable (-1)
Affects Others (+1) + Tiring (-1)

PL 8: Abilities 10, Defense 10, Skills 20, Advantages 12, Powers 19 = 100 Power Point

Last edited by Alkemist; Nov 19th, 2022 at 12:09 AM.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 09:38 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24759
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Threw some Tracks up on Volker. How's it goin'?
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 10:41 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala

Thanks!
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 12:00 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19590
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Here you go. Even took out the water mark and corrected for the overexposure.
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 12:37 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
Cheers!
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 03:36 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1634
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy
Noteworthy:
If you are interested in applying for the game please declare you interest before the end of the weekend as I will be closing the game to new applicants at that point.

Mitsubachi,
  • Appreciate you helping Acathala with the image resizing.
  • Either/or nationality works for me, I'll leave it up to you as I like both ideas as presented.
  • With your kind indulgence, now that we're this deep into the process, let's move your character out of the shadows of secret tags and into the light.
  • Appreciate the laudable restraint in the power of the character on offer.
  • I dig your path to PL 10.
  • Final review has been completed.

GleefulNihilism,
  • Appreciate the tunes, been awhile since I've heard the Dead Kennedys.
  • Think your power point total is 99. You're welcome to spend that point now or to wait for me to offer an opportunity to spend points at a later date.
  • Final review has been completed.

JaredSyn,
  • Include a roll of an embedded D10 roll in a post replying to this, the result of which will determine the curveball that awaits each of you that are selected.

PalladiaMors,
  • Dang you for making me sing Groove is in the Heart for the rest of the day. Dee-Lightful.
  • Your body armour won't provide a bonus to Toughness due to your Inherent Mutant Toughness as "Equipment bonuses are limited compared to the bonuses granted by other effects. Generally, they do not stack with each other or other types of bonuses, only the highest bonus applies. Thus a hero with a high Protection bonus doesn’t get much, if any, advantage from wearing a bulletproof vest." (under Bonus Stacking).
  • Final Review completed.

Acathala,
  • Dig the picture, very classy/well-festooned Bond, James Bond and appreciate the resizing to come.
  • I'm very intersted in your "legally distinct" costume. Just trying to ensure your original hero does not approach any closer to Batman's lawyer sending you a copyright strike. Please, move further away from anything approaching a re-skinned Batman clone.
  • Include a roll of an embedded D10 roll in a post replying to this, the result of which will determine the curveball that awaits each of you that are selected.
  • Please remove the negative Presence and cover whatever social awkwardness you envision with a Complication.
  • If you haven't Seagal'd, If you have no clue what I am talking about, check out the ad again, there's directions contained withinnow is the time to embrace this.
  • Please reply to post that you can keep up with a daily posting game as I will only be considering those applicants that can make that requirement.
  • Please, let me know when you're further along with Description, Advantages, Skills, et cetera.

ArcZero,
  • Dig the energy~
  • With the path to PL 10 we're going to need to more precisely define the scope of the vectors. Ignoring all of the descriptive aspects, you have a power that physically pushes against other things and can manipulate things much like your example of the Green Lantern. Future powers should follow suit. For clarity, this is not about what's reasonable (as fire of course could provide heat and light, and controlling how fast molecules are excited could perhaps start offering cold powers too), but what is simple and easy to adjudicate moving forth.
  • Final Review completed.

UTasteSoSO,
  • By my math your Abilities are over, having taken 21 points for a total cost of 42 power points.
  • Your Advantages are also 2 over by my count.
  • Please specify that Range Combat is for Firearms and which Close Combat is for which.
  • Close Combat numbers don't seem to match your Offence numbers.
  • Attack + Effect cannot exceed 16, so with Affliction and Weaken being at 8 the highest your attack could be is 8, though with your Accurate 3 it's in range, so really this is more of a request for clarity.
  • How do you see yourself allocating your points at PL 10? Mainly focused on how you see your powers changing over time.
  • You're going to need a Close Combat: Creepy Blood Powers as well, but that can cover any of the uses of your powers.
  • Affecting him on a failed close combat roll works for me. I'll leave you to keep on top of your Affliction as is appropriate, though if it gets forgotten I will request that you buy back the power points that were gained with the Flaw.

morgantha,
  • How do you see yourself allocating your points at PL 10? Mainly focused on how you see your powers changing over time.
  • Guessing you're waiting for my answer to fill out Skills. Answer found below.
  • Power-wise I'm trying to get on the same page. You have Alternate Form, which is a means of subtracting points from a suite of powers, does it take a Move Action of a Standard Action to activate? The alternate form of a living Ghost would take Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal) at 5 power points per rank, then the ; Extra: Affects Others would bring that to 6 per rank for a total of 24 points and another for Precise. So 25 points minus 1 for a Move Action to activate or minus 2 for a Standard Action to activate.
  • Note the possibility of suffocating whilst Incorporeal and you will need something akin to Vision Penetrates Concealment Senses 4 (2 Power Points) to be able to see when within solid objects. There's a lot of restrictions on this power as it is an extremely potent ability.
  • Choose one other reasonably common effect or descriptor that works on you while you are incorporeal.

Alkemist,
  • Welcome to RPGCrossing, I baked cookies.
  • I can be flexible if the group wants to establish times around holidays to make posting non-mandatory as long as its reasonable, e.g. probably not 12 days off for Valentines. As you know, I'm much easier to manipulate and tend to say yes far more often to those that really jam effort into all they do in my games.
  • Some darkness does not worry me as long as people won't confuse the members of the group with the bad guys (cold blooded murderers, rapists, brutal torturers doing the Marathon Man dental thing, et cetera), feel free to break arms and even swear a little gosh darn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantha View Post
Okay I think I'm mostly done with my build. I just have one question before I finish:

For the skills, is the formatting

Acrobatics (Agl): Base agl# (+total modifier)

or

Acrobatics (Agl): Base agl# (+additional ranks)
There's a few interpretations for how one might see it within the group, and honestly I'm not overly fussed either way. When I'm checking over sheets it makes sense pretty quick, and in-play I just use the biggest number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTasteSoSO View Post
I had to resize on my comp and then upload and link the smaller version. Other boards I use allow for resizing in the code but I have no idea how to do that here.
Sadly, you cannot resize here. Have to change it elsewhere and upload it hither and yon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcZero View Post
I may still scootch a thing or two around (like add Noticeable to Flight)
Noticeable Flaws modify only Continuous or Permanent effects. The default expectation within this game is that the use of active powers are obvious by nature though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcZero View Post
And I'm uncertain what quirk you're referring to. If it's the one that pushes him back when he pushes an enemy, that is already saving him a point by having a cost of "-1". I believe it is "Feature" that costs 1 point for a minor benefit. My intent is that getting pushed back will often have the potential to hurt him a little if it bumps him into terrain (Rank 1 damage effect or something). It could be the -1/rank Side Effect flaw (only on successes?) if you think that's better.
You had it right. My brain broke there, please ignore the man behind the curtain, he's not wearing pants.

It's Quirky how you push yourself about

Quote:
Power Points: +1 Power Point will be awarded at the end of each week for each player that has posted to the in-character thread each and every day.
Ensuring we're all on the same page regarding this.

If you miss a post (and hopefully let us know so I don't have to dream of your inevitable demise as I hunt you for sport) you will not be in the running to getting a power point that week; outside of holidays we have all agreed to take off.

Last edited by Anarchy; Nov 15th, 2022 at 04:43 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 05:08 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you. Isabella always did make him dress better.

I'm going for a demonic bat/human hybrid monster look, with the ability to make amplified bat shrieks, screeching, and other bat like sounds. Alfred is designing the suit to both troll and mock the cultists. I hope this is distinct enough. Probably going to have burn a PP for the feature.
I can commit to a 1 a day post rate.
I'm not sure how to embed text.
I'll get onto the other changes tomorrow. Be exciting to see if I can afford flight!
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 10:57 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1234
ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero
Fair enough, I am happy to focus a little more, I was trying to provide options for PL 10. No object creation, but delayed Vectors (potential energy), binding and slowing Vectors make sense to me too.

Last edited by ArcZero; Nov 12th, 2022 at 01:58 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 11:37 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24759
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Spent the point you mentioned, got the idea that for a defensive move he can raise "Heat Shields". They're not great, but anything that tries to do damage to him gets hit back.

Otherwise, nothing is changed and I've done the thing. Consider me Ready then, at least for now.