... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 15th, 2022, 09:13 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2735
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
@Anarchy. OK I have edited accordingly.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 11:02 AM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7590
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
And I just realised I didn't take a rank in language so Alfred could speak the Mexican dialect of Spanish. Going to have find a PP from somewhere. Probably flight. Alfred can always build a better version later.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 01:43 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Anything for me, boss?
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 01:44 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
UTasteSoSO UTasteSoSO
I believe I am compete @anarchy
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 02:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9571
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
[SECRET="Anarchy"]Regarding secret text could this be something like her maybe saving lives possibly using first aid or something along those lines? Or are you looking for some power specific? Let me know if what I added is what you are looking for.

Last edited by JaredSyn; Nov 15th, 2022 at 02:42 PM.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 06:04 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
The subtle modifier isn't the one you're thinking of. This subtle modifier is peculiar to flight. Rank one allows me to make stealth checks. It's basically related how much noise the power makes. I'm assuming that's okay?
I'll go over the sheet again, and add the other item later.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 06:53 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19590
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
By RAW the subtle advantage when specifically applied to flight just makes it quiet. For +1 flat point you can make stealth checks while flying, for +2 you don't have to. Mechanically and mathematically it's the same as concealment vs. hearing limited to only work while flying, either way it's 1 point if you need to make a skill check, 2 points if you don't have to. They just added the subtle advantage to flight for simplicity because there are so many people who have it even though it doesn't work like subtle does for any other power.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 07:27 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
By RAW the subtle advantage when specifically applied to flight just makes it quiet. For +1 flat point you can make stealth checks while flying, for +2 you don't have to. Mechanically and mathematically it's the same as concealment vs. hearing limited to only work while flying, either way it's 1 point if you need to make a skill check, 2 points if you don't have to. They just added the subtle advantage to flight for simplicity because there are so many people who have it even though it doesn't work like subtle does for any other power.
Thanks PalladiaMors.
Anarky we good with this?
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 07:50 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
UTasteSoSO UTasteSoSO
@anarchy

Adjustments and curveballs made and added. The extra +1 to my offences there is due to 1 rank in close attack advantage.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 08:03 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
Anarky.
All I'm after is the ability to make stealth rolls so I can sneak whilst flying. Is there anyway to work with you on that?
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 08:30 PM
chief fiction officer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5257
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
responses
Quote:
Power-wise I'm trying to get on the same page. You have Alternate Form, which is a means of subtracting points from a suite of powers, does it take a Move Action or a Standard Action to activate?

The alternate form of a living Ghost would take Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal) at 5 power points per rank, then the ; Extra: Affects Others would bring that to 6 per rank for a total of 24 points and another for Precise.

So 25 points minus 1 for a Move Action to activate or minus 2 for a Standard Action to activate.

Note the possibility of suffocating whilst Incorporeal and you will need something akin to Vision Penetrates Concealment Senses 4 (2 Power Points) to be able to see when within solid objects.

There's a lot of restrictions on this power as it is an extremely potent ability.
Lots of good thoughts on the Ghost Form and I see now I missed some bits in the SRD on my first pass. I think I want to rebuild a little bit around your comments to address the incorrect point buy and the path to PL 10.
  • Suffocation bit is definitely noted.
  • Totally missed the activation cost section - I am going to go with a move action
  • Removing Precise tag
  • Buying ability to see within solid objects as suggested
  • Lowering Agility down to Rank 2 and Intimidation back to 0 to make up the point difference
  • Added Skills to my application

Quote:
How do you see yourself allocating your points at PL 10? Mainly focused on how you see your powers changing over time.
At PL10, I imagine Ghost Form to be more robust, including Flying, adding Precision back in, and potentially adding Immunity (up to Rank 5 or 10, not sure). The inclusion of Flying already sounds like a lot to me, but if there's room for more I'll go for either a Ray of Exhaustion or some kind of emotional manipulation to emulate a ghost "possessing" someone, depending on how Nimat develops. I believe full emotional manipulation would break your no mind control rule, but I'm hoping that something along the lines of a Mistborn's Soothing would be acceptable.

commentsCan you clarify this comment?:

Quote:
Choose one other reasonably common effect or descriptor that works on you while you are incorporeal
I'm assuming you're referring to these descriptors: https://www.d20herosrd.com/6-powers/descriptors/

I have updated my app to reflect these changes. I also linked at the bottom to a spreadsheet I used to calculate my point distribution. It ain't pretty but it explains my thinking if necessary. I think I am happy with my app at this point, and barring more mechanical changes and the question above, I would say it's done.
Old Nov 15th, 2022, 08:51 PM
Erasmus B. Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3420
PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck PapaHuck
Alrighty, working on the edits.

Seagal was previously secreted, now it's not.

I'll work on changing the origin story to have less effective use of powers.

Tried to specify unarmed and "throw" combat. Still not sure if I'm providing what you are looking for there, though. . .

Gave myself a point back for free language

Just turned negative strength to 0. Is that OK?

Dumped Immortality. Got rid of weaken/affliction growth path. Power set is now: major enhanced strength and durability, flight, minor enhanced speed and senses. If that's still too complicated, let me know.

Will spell out the power costs in a minute.

Gotta walk away from character for a minute. points are not quite adding up. Will let you know when they are, thanks for patience!

Last edited by PapaHuck; Nov 15th, 2022 at 09:00 PM.
Old Nov 16th, 2022, 03:53 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1634
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy
Mitsubachi,

GleefulNihilism,

PalladiaMors,

ArcZero,

UTasteSoSO,

JaredSyn,
Status: Awaiting inclusion of curveball and then will be complete. Please touch base when you are done.

morgantha,
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantha View Post
Real life getting in the way of completing my app. If it's not too late, I'll be able to answer questions and finalize tomorrow.
You still have time, I've set the date for characters to be completed above.

voodoozombie,
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozombie View Post
Character Concept: Someone who can manipulate or create weather and elemental effects such as wind, water (rain) and electricity (lighting). She will be learning how to combine these powers in order to create storm effects and weather and improving her combat/fighting abilities. She also may learn to manipulate Earth and Fire in the future.
If weather is the basis of your power set then please keep it to things one would associate with weather (wind, rain, thunder, lightning).

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozombie View Post
I might add the magic tag to the powers, but I'm not sure about this yet.
At present, beyond the Descriptor: Mutant, the origin/source of your mutant powers is currently unknown.

Alkemist,
I've set the date for characters to be completed above.

Acathala,
  • Abilities are 18, which would cost 36 power points.
  • The Batsuit is losing me math-wise here, Protection 4 (4 pp) Flight 3 (3; Flaws: Wings) Feature 1 (1), which doesn't appear to leave room for the Subtle, though that's no problem really since all powers are needing to be noticeable for this game, so there won't be any Extras: Subtle abilities, which should bring your total back in line.
  • Final review has been completed.

PapaHuck,
  • I dig Mahzala.
  • If you haven't Seagal'd, If you have no clue what I am talking about, check out the ad again, there's directions contained withinnow is the time to embrace this.
  • Your writing is great, but the brief is for powers to manifest, only to minor effect, though it should be cringeworthy and awkward, as opposed to being in perfect control and using multiple powers across the entire scene.
  • Close Combat is Unarmed? If so, please specify. Same with Ranged and Throw.
  • Advantages appear to be costing you 1 too many (you'd have Languages 2, as your third language would be Native and free, if that's what's bringing the cost up)
  • Please remove the negative Strength Ability and cover the whatever weakness you envision with a Complication.
  • I got where you were going with Mahzala until powers started popping up like Immortality, Quickness, Speed, et cetera, especially with a future of Weaken and Afflictions. Simplifying the concept even further would be appreciated to restrict what you can do.
  • Please list what each power costs on your sheet for reference, while I try to figure out if I'm even close below.

Strength (Str): -1*/8
Stamina (Sta): 1/7
Agility (Agl): 1/3
Fighting (Fgt): 0/3
Dexterity (Dex): 1/2
Intellect (Int): 1
Awareness (Awe): 4
Presence (Pre): 3

* Will be 0/8 with a Complication.

Abilities 42, Impervious Toughness 7, Immortality 1, Quickness 2, Speed 4, Accurate Smell 2, Darkvision 2 (unless "Nightvision" means Low-Light Vision, at which point it is 1), Extended Vision/Hearing: 2, Flight 12 = 74/65

You have seen but one instance of your powers, so if you would like to incorporate that into the requested curveball, that's fine (not that you control your powers in that instance; they just manifested like a sneeze) or come at it from a completely non-powered angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTasteSoSO View Post
The extra +1 to my offences there is due to 1 rank in close attack advantage.
Pot-addled brain bad, that clarifies it, appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathala View Post
All I'm after is the ability to make stealth rolls so I can sneak whilst flying.
All active powers are noticeable in this game, and as such there will be no use of Subtle powers permitted.

Quote:
Buying ability to see within solid objects as suggested
Apologies, I realized in retrospect that I gave the wrong cost for "Vision Penetrates Concealment Senses 4 (2 Power Points)", as it should be 4 power points to purchase it.

Quote:
Can you clarify this comment? [Choose one other reasonably common effect or descriptor that works on you while you are incorporeal]
It's found in the third sentence under "Rank 4 – Incorporeal" (Link), but you have it right on, using one of the "reasonably common effect/descriptor" that hits you full on, like cold, fire, magic, or the like and note it on your character somewhere for our reference.

Quote:
I have updated my app to reflect these changes. I also linked at the bottom to a spreadsheet I used to calculate my point distribution. It ain't pretty but it explains my thinking if necessary. I think I am happy with my app at this point, and barring more mechanical changes and the question above, I would say it's done.
  • Defences appear to be 1 too few to cover the +5 to Dodge with an Agility of 2 and the needed +4 to Willpower with your Awareness of 4. Should cost 9 by my math.
  • Skills seem low from what you spent, I count 30 skill points at 15 power point cost, but maybe I'm missing something (Acrobatics 4, Deception 6, Insight 6, Investigation 4, Sleight of Hand 6, Stealth 4)
  • The link to your work requires access, but more importantly I would like it broken down better on your sheet.
  • Let's remove Subtle from your Aura of Fear please, all active powers are noticeable in this game. It's called an aura, but it's not an Area affect?
  • Just some fiddly details and you're pretty close to done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaHuck View Post
Tried to specify unarmed and "throw" combat. Still not sure if I'm providing what you are looking for there, though. . .
Where it says "Please specify" erased that text and replace it with Unarmed for Close Combat and Throw for Ranged for our reference to know what those values affect.

Quote:
Just turned negative strength to 0. Is that OK?

Quote:
Dumped Immortality. Got rid of weaken/affliction growth path. Power set is now: major enhanced strength and durability, flight, minor enhanced speed and senses. If that's still too complicated, let me know.
That's aces, appreciate your restraint.

Last edited by Anarchy; Nov 24th, 2022 at 07:08 PM.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 04:20 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
Alkemist
Okay that definitely took a lot longer than I would have liked, but I think I'm done barring any math errors or forgetful mess ups. I'm sure they're in there, but for now I can't do any more crunch.
EDIT: and of course as soon as I say that I remember I didn't account for the alternate effects cost. I'll have to scrape those from somewhere else, but if you could review everything else that's still helpful for me

Last edited by Alkemist; Nov 17th, 2022 at 04:35 AM.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 03:54 PM
chief fiction officer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5257
morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha morgantha
further adjustments
Quote:
It's found in the third sentence under "Rank 4 – Incorporeal" (Link), but you have it right on, using one of the "reasonably common effect/descriptor" that hits you full on, like cold, fire, magic, or the like and note it on your character somewhere for our reference.
Gotcha. I think magic makes most sense. Noted in my sheet.

Quote:
Defenses appear to be 1 too few to cover the +5 to Dodge with an Agility of 2 and the needed +4 to Willpower with your Awareness of 4. Should cost 9 by my math.
Agreed, it should have been changed to +4 dodge when I dropped agl to cover a point difference. Updated.

Quote:
Skills seem low from what you spent, I count 30 skill points at 15 power point cost, but maybe I'm missing something (Acrobatics 4, Deception 6, Insight 6, Investigation 4, Sleight of Hand 6, Stealth 4)
A couple of my skills got missed when I transferred them over: Perception 4, Persuasion 6. Updated.

Quote:
The link to your work requires access, but more importantly I would like it broken down better on your sheet.
Changed permissions so you should have access, but hopefully the changes I made to my sheet will make it unnecessary.

Quote:
Let's remove Subtle from your Aura of Fear please, all active powers are noticeable in this game. It's called an aura, but it's not an Area affect?

Apologies, I realized in retrospect that I gave the wrong cost for "Vision Penetrates Concealment Senses 4 (2 Power Points)", as it should be 4 power points to purchase it.
No problem, removing Subtle. Good point about the area affect--buying Area to replace Subtle which I think should cost the same. Dropping Int down a rank to make up the 2 points over that Concealment Senses puts me.

With those changes and some detail added to my backstory, I think I might be done!