... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 17th, 2022, 01:22 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26132
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I have added a small detail concerning Spheres of Might characters:

I have made the following change to Martial Traditions and Spheres of Might in general. Add the following line to the text of Martial Traditions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martial Tradition
A practitioner modifier is an ability modifier that the practitioner uses to determine the saving throws for their talents. A practitioner's Martial Tradition determines which ability score will serve as their practitioner modifier.
In the same way that USoP changed Casting Ability Modifiers from being determined by class to Casting Tradition, Practitioners will now determine their PM based on Martial tradition, superseding the one listed in the class entries for Spheres of Might or Champions. Class abilities keyed to specific ability scores remain unchanged, however, unless they referenced the practitioner modifier.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 02:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5685
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Is there a list for those somewhere, I'm not seeing anything by the text for the Martial Traditions themselves?
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 02:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11783
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
I also assume this also overrides the clause in gestalt about having two sphere classes and opposing ability score choices?

Same as above as well.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 04:04 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
Is there a list for those somewhere, I'm not seeing anything by the text for the Martial Traditions themselves?
I don't understand what you mean. A list of Martial traditions?

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/martial-traditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot
I also assume this also overrides the clause in gestalt about having two sphere classes and opposing ability score choices?
Well sort of. You can chooae the same ability for both traditions, and probably should. This change in rule works for pure Sphere of Might characters in that their Martial Tradition decides their PAM, not their class.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 05:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
I think what he is saying is those traditions don't say Dex. or Str. and so on. He was asking if you had a list for that.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 05:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I think what he is saying is those traditions don't say Dex. or Str. and so on. He was asking if you had a list for that.
Old Nov 17th, 2022, 06:24 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
No list. Choose your own PAM.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 01:56 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7088
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
After consideration, I've decided to withdraw my app. The character's just not coming together for me. Good luck to the rest of you!

Last edited by Exhibit A; Nov 18th, 2022 at 01:56 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 05:24 PM
You remind me of the Babe

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10320
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
I have added a small detail concerning Spheres of Might characters:

I have made the following change to Martial Traditions and Spheres of Might in general. Add the following line to the text of Martial Traditions:

In the same way that USoP changed Casting Ability Modifiers from being determined by class to Casting Tradition, Practitioners will now determine their PM based on Martial tradition, superseding the one listed in the class entries for Spheres of Might or Champions. Class abilities keyed to specific ability scores remain unchanged, however, unless they referenced the practitioner modifier.
This allowance did actually help me a lot. Thank you. Leo. Sheet done. App only lacking RP sample. Been letting that ferment in the ol' coconut.

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; Nov 18th, 2022 at 05:25 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 06:13 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 344
droobles droobles droobles droobles
oh boy, I have just seen this ad an read the whole thread.
So I still have a couple of day to put up an app, but before that here goes a question:

-are martial contracts in use?
-are martial techniques available?
-is city of 7 seraphs material available?
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 06:55 PM

Tools
User Statistics
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
Lol.

Wow. I consider myself fairly adept at Spheres, and I have no idea what any of this means,

Please post links if... whatever these are, are allowed. Curious.

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; Nov 18th, 2022 at 06:55 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 07:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 344
droobles droobles droobles droobles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyGulliver View Post
Lol.

Wow. I consider myself fairly adept at Spheres, and I have no idea what any of this means,

Please post links if... whatever these are, are allowed. Curious.
-Martial contract is an optional rule, where you spend wealth to get a mentor and some abilities:
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/us...of-might#toc25

-Martial technique is another optional rule with a "make your own maneuver" system by combining sphere effects. It is neat to get more uses out of Martial focus or to create a more free-form magic with spheres. You will need a feat to create techniques, but with a kind GM you might be able to learn one from an NPC.
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/techniques

-City of 7 Seraphs is a campaign setting with lots of option, but beware of the cheese, there are a lot of broken choices available here.
http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/city-of-7-seraphs

Last edited by droobles; Nov 18th, 2022 at 07:46 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 08:34 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Do you.

make the best damn ap you can

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; Nov 18th, 2022 at 08:49 PM.
Old Nov 18th, 2022, 08:40 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by droobles View Post
oh boy, I have just seen this ad an read the whole thread.
So I still have a couple of day to put up an app, but before that here goes a question:

-are martial contracts in use?
-are martial techniques available?
-is city of 7 seraphs material available?
That is a no on all 3. Not familiar with the first two and too familiar with the third.
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 02:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3272
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Rp sample complete which makes my app complete. let me know what you think.