... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 10th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5685
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I'm looking at Spheres of Might for one of my Character's Classes, probably a Conscript, focusing on the Leadership and Alchemy Spheres.

Evil Minions ftw (assuming they are allowed!)
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 12:57 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26132
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Leadership Sphere is allowed, but you may not start the game with them. You might be able to find them shortly after the start of the game in the case of Cohorts or other Companions/familiars/Animals.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 01:01 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7088
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A

Last edited by Exhibit A; Nov 18th, 2022 at 01:56 PM.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 01:23 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I have added 2 clarifications to the character creation process:

1) Spheres of Power / Might characters will use the Spheres Gestalt Rules.

2) We will use the Fractional Base Bonuses for Base Attack, Saves, and Spheres of Power Caster Level.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 05:02 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6745
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I'm considering a religious character, do you have a list of deities for use in this setting? Or should I just assume Golarion? Or, or, or should I make my own?

Life is fantastic, but I can't post Monday to wednesday because of it.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 05:11 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
BloodyMagpie
Mikael Jokari
left-aligned image

Name: Mikael Jokari
Race: Half-Elf
Class 1: Unchained Monk (Scaled Fist)
Class 2: Sorcerer (Rime-Blooded)
Intended Role: Melee tank, buffer/debuffer caster, occasional blaster, unfriendly face
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Crime: Piracy

Last edited by BloodyMagpie; Nov 12th, 2022 at 01:02 AM.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 06:03 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5485
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
character
right-aligned image

Name: Pluck Flowers "of the Moon Reaper Family within the Night Walkers Clan"
Race: Oversized Goblin
Class1: Brawler Brawler (Snakebite striker) 1 | Fighter (Brawler) 3
Class2: Greenrunner Hunter (Spheres)
Intended Role: Scout, Damage Dealer, Tank, Range Dealer, Backup Healer
Crime: Murder
Drawback: Helpless
Traits: Big Ears (Goblin), Pocket Space (Magic), Crime (+1 dmg when flanking), Goblin Foolhardiness (Goblin)
Flaws: Grudge Keeper, Wild
Feats (From Flaws): Dodge, Double Slice
Spheres: Athletics, Barrage, Beastmastery, Life, Protection, Scout

Last edited by Kshnik; Nov 13th, 2022 at 10:15 AM.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 06:10 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
I'm considering a religious character, do you have a list of deities for use in this setting? Or should I just assume Golarion? Or, or, or should I make my own?
Asmodeus would be the best choice.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 06:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5473
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Jegan
Race: Fetchling (Kayal)
Class Side 1: Rogue (Unchaiined)
Class Side 2: Ranger (Dusk Stalker)
Intended Role: Damage Dealer, Skill Monkey, Scout
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Crime: Forgery
Height: 5'8" tall | Weight: 102 pounds
Hair: Stark white, shoulder length
Eyes: Pupilless and glow a luminescent shade of greenish yellow
Usual Attire: Black and Green
Physical Description: He looks unnaturally lithe, looking almost fragile for a human, except that if he is human, he is a very strange one, with dark black skin and stark white hair with a small goatee, looking grayish. His eyes have no pupil, with a glowing greenish yellow eye color. Dressed in black and green, he looks like he belongs in the shadows, be it in a city or a dark forest. With a bow at his back, a sword at his hip and a dagger sheathed at each thigh and rib, he is well armed and looks like he can handle himself, even when looking thin like a rail.
right-aligned image

Personality: He hates to be called a fetching, preferring to be called a Kayal, from the language of Aklo, found in the Darklands, which means Shadow people or Dusk dwellers. Other than that, he gets along with others just fine, as long as they treat him fairly. Although different races have a different reaction to him, he learned from his homeland that not being violent and being servile flatterer, although it’s not as easy here on the material plane.

Background: Born and raised in the Shadow Plane, there was always danger lurking. As he gotten older he became an adventurer and like many of his kind, he traveled to the Material Plane, which gave him more freedom and trading opportunities between the two planes.

With his ability to blend into the shadows, he made a good rogue and he also travel through the forest and he felt at home there as well, and became a ranger.

He had some problems and now and then but they were minor compared to the dangers in his home plane. That is until that one fateful day, He had helped with some shipment and there was a problem and needed a verification. Usually, it always got handled, but this time there was a major problem, and it would set things back at least a week or so and it couldn’t wait that long, so Jegan forged a letter of the verification that was needed. They were allowed to precede on their way, but when they reached their destination, there were some guards, and he was arrested. As he sat behind bars, he found that he would spend life at the salt mines. This was the worst spot he ever was in.

RP Example: During the night, Jegan took his turn to watch. It was the last night before they reach their destination tomorrow. As he scanned the area, a form appeared from nowhere, he stepped back and saw that it was a succubus, and he froze.

“Fear not mortal, I have been sent from Nocticula.”

“Nocticula?” His eyes rose. “How does want me to serve her?”

The demoness then sighed. “You are now to follow and worship Asmodeus, at least for now.”

“What? But why? Am I no longer worthy of her?”

“Yes, you are, but what went between them, I know not, I only know of the message that she gave me.” She then held her hand up to hold his words. “Asmodeus is very powerful, much more powerful than Nocticula, and it is not wise to disagree with him on most accounts, and to go against him is suicidal.”

The fetchling lowered is head, then raised it again. “Any idea why I need to follow him?”

“You made an error, but don’t ask me what, I do not know, I just know it was an error you had made, and Asmodeus will be at your side when your time comes, which will be soon.” She then flew up towards the dark sky. “Remember, to stay alive, change your allegiance to Asmodeus, at least as I said, for the time being.” She then suddenly disappeared.

“Wait!” Jegan watched her disappeared and he had more questions, the most important one, was what error did he make? Yes, she said she didn’t know, but he didn’t believe that. Her kind couldn’t really be trusted.

The next day, when they reached their destination, he was arrested for forgery. He then wondered if Asmodeus knew of this, better yet, had a part of it. If the Demon Lord wanted him, it meant he had a mission for the fetchling. Things were not going well at all.

Last edited by Seekr34; Nov 14th, 2022 at 08:50 PM.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 09:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5473
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Never used the spheres before. Glanced at it, will have to read it again to see if I can understand it. Used the geslt thing once, but the game died a week later, so will have to study it again to understand it fully.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 10:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11783
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Gestalt is pretty straight forward. Basically you take the rest overlapping features (HD, Saves, Skill points) and can both classes class features. Hardest thing is casting gestalt characters.
Old Nov 10th, 2022, 11:15 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50310
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Iím really trying to resist this gameÖ But evil characters are just too tempting. And looking at the other applications, it seems like they need a leader.

Zatrat
left-aligned image

Name: Zatrat
Race: Kobold
Class Side 1: Unchained Rogue (may change to bard)
Class Side 2: Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)
Intended Role: Face/Leader and Skill Monkey, with a focus on enchantment
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Crime: Fraud
Height: 2í10" tall | Weight: 37 pounds
Eyes: Orange
Usual Attire: Robe when he can, loincloth or nekkid at times

Physical Description: Small and slender even by the diminutive standards of his own race, Zatrat's appearance does little to inspire. His dirty green scales blend into the walls while a pair of long incisors cap off an unemotional resting frown. But for those that study the kobold closer notice something about his flame colored eyes. Within those could be seen a not-so-hidden strength of will and an intelligence that belied most of his race.

Personality: Smaller than his clutchmates, it was amazing that Zatrat survived, much less thrived. But the kobold knew that power did not come from strength of arm, but from using those around you. Early on, he had learned discretion when dealing with those stronger than he was, to find out what motivated them. From there, it was a simple matter for him to wrap them around his finger.

Zatrat is a natural leader who revels in exerting his authority over others. While he has a short temper, with little patience for stupidity, incompetence or insubordination, he is smart enough to hold his tongue when he feels a need. He has confidence in his abilities to the point of arrogance, but is not above kowtowing or even groveling to those in a position of power above him, but always with a promise to himself to get even with them when circumstances change.

Background: With his natural abilities and gift of leadership, it took little time for Zatrat to organize a group of loyalists to take out the chieftain of his tribe and place him in a position of leadership. But leading a pack of kobolds was simply not enough for the ambitious kobold, he wanted more. So he looked east, towards civilized lands of Talingard. There he would make his mark, but first he needed to obtain the resources for his plan to come together.

Bringing leaving his tribe in the not-so-capable hands of his second, he made his way towards the nearest city in Talingard. It took only a little effort and the help of an hat of human guiseenchanted cap for the talented kobold to establish himself among the merchant community. It was there he launched his plan to gather a flow of coin that would allow him to fund his plan to build an army.

Roleplay Sample:

Description: A hooded cloak covers the dark green scales of the diminutive kobold. Wearing no armor and carrying only a simple knife at his belt, he is obviously little threat to anyone. Your mind begins to shift to other pursuits as you start to turn your head - and then you see his eyes.

The gemlike orbs seem to pierce through the thin veil of your body, exposing your very soul. There is an understanding in those eyes, as if he could read your very thoughts, as if he felt your pain. You feel drawn to him, as if he held the answers to questions you have yet to think of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zatrat.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	97654  

Last edited by Squeak; Nov 11th, 2022 at 05:42 PM.
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 12:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5485
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Kobolds are the best leaders!
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 04:00 PM
Truthwatcher

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2166
Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387 Fyre2387
Still a WIP; but this is the idea Iím working on:

Zell Nixti
left-aligned image

Name: Zell Nixti
Race: Tiefling (Hellspawn)
Class 1: Cleric of Asmodeus (Ecclesitheurge)
Class 2: Unchained Monk
Intended Role: Damage dealing, at range via magic and close in through monk action), secondarily some utility/buffing/debuffing
Alignment: Lawful-Evil.
Crime: Heresy
Old Nov 11th, 2022, 04:25 PM
Official RPGX dinosaur!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6745
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I'll just come out here and day that I'm probably not going to be making an application after all. I've got quite enough games at the moment and I've got major choice paralysis to boot. Still it looks like it'll be a great game and I wish you all the most fun running through it.

Life is fantastic, but I can't post Monday to wednesday because of it.