IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Xactla'Kla "Bone Speaker"
Saurian Artificer (armorer)

Goal
Erradication of chaos, and skaven by ANY means

Background
Sage or Outlander

Backstory

"Amid the darkness and horror of a world splintering apart, the armies of the true creators, we who were ancient at the dawn of time, will march forth once more. We shall sweep away all that is Chaos and Disorder, for ours is the true path, and none shall defy us! "
—Translation from ancient plaques attributed to Venerable Lord Kroak

This is something that all Saurians feel in their core, in their very being. The Slaan like lord Kroak guide the Lizardmen towards their true goals, goals that were set forth by the Great Old Ones at the dawn of creation. For the warrior caste like Kla eradicating chaos, and destroying the verminous ratmen were basic instincts, and a driving force for their existence, and it will be perpetually so.

Kla, much like all Saurian, was spawned in the subterranean pools beneath a mighty pyramid monument to the Old Ones. Sotek to be specific. A mighty figure whose doctrines are the cleansing of all that corrupts this world, regardless of who or what gets in their way. Countless of the ratmen have been sacrificed in his name, and it was because of this that Kla was instilled with intelligence, and power beyond normal Saurian ability.

With his connection to the

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2

Last edited by IrishKatt; Nov 18th, 2022 at 02:10 PM.
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 02:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3272
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
App finished
Old Nov 20th, 2022, 10:07 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 329
Zangul Zangul Zangul Zangul
in case you missed it, here is my apps link.

Robert Paige Halen

You can't kill what you can't see,
But what you can't see can kill you! Quote from Nailo moonshade Phantom Rogue
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 05:42 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7315
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
got it, thanks
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 06:49 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
ok everyone, i have read over the apps so far and have written some feedback for all of you. please don't feel discouraged if your app isn't perfect, there is plenty of time to improve on it. i just want to give you the best chance to be accepted

Last edited by Togot; Nov 22nd, 2022 at 10:32 PM.
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 11:07 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 329
Zangul Zangul Zangul Zangul

You can't kill what you can't see,
But what you can't see can kill you! Quote from Nailo moonshade Phantom Rogue
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 11:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5485
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posting my interest…
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 11:16 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 74
LastBardStanding
Updated. Appreciate the feedback
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 03:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1607
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
Appreciate the feedback but you are making your job harder
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 04:10 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1656
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Agreed, I love hearing what went right and where I could improve though. I'm pumped either way!
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 12:28 AM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5047
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
Complete, v2
right-aligned image

Name: Skarrow Bloodtaker

Race: Human (variant, Norscan)

Class: Fighter (rune knight)

Background: Aesling tribe member (Noble feature)

Backstory:
Born to the howlings of Ekil Bloodheart, under the light of the Black Moon, by the bloodline of Cormac Bloodaxe, called the Son of Morrslieb, the Child of Three Omens, Skarrow was always destined for greatness. Many had visions that night of Cormac, they said, or one of his sons, uniting all the tribes of Norsca and bringing vengeance to the empire. His mother prophesied his rise to power before she died in childbirth. It is said that the baby Skarrow killed her himself to deliver her soul unto the afterlife. He was raised by the shaman Fraang who sought to elevate his own fortunes by gaining favor of the future king, as it was foretold.

As with most Norscans, Skarrow learned by bloodshed. Battle was a matter of survival as much as pride, and many fell to his spears as he grew in strength and repute. Fraang taught him letters and runes, taking him to visit the monolithic runestones that speak of history, glory, and power. He was blessed with the runes of Karnath at a young age, aligning himself with the blood god and promising to pay back power with blood in double measure.

Most Norscans who live to adulthood have killed several rivals, but not all Norscans become Warriors, and not all Warriors become Champions. But Skarrow, the Child of Three Omens, passed every trial and overcame every rival seeking to steal his destiny by right of conquest. Indeed stories of his brutality spread and soon his name was both known and feared among the Chaos Warriors of Aesling, and even beyond. His reputation earned him the rank of jarl to the king Groul, a ruler known for his cunning and dispassionate bloodthirst.

However, king Groul deceived Skarrow, bringing him closer as jarl so that he might betray the Son of Morrslieb. As it happens, Groul is false in many things, revering the deceiver god Tzeentch above the bloody god of his own people. He sent assassins to slay Skarrow in his sleep with poisoned daggers. They were all killed in Skarrow's fury, but they did succeed in their fell mission. The mighty Skarrow Bloodtaker, descendent of Cormac, succumbed to his wounds and the prophesy was broken. Now Groul plots against his kin to overthrow all kings of Norsca and plunge the northlands into meaningless anarchy, while Skarrow lies dead in the cold ground.

But not for long.

Goals:
First, Skarrow seeks revenge against the blasphemous betrayer king Groul. Second, he seeks to reunite the disparate tribes of Norsemen under his own banner. Third, with all of Norsca marching behind him, he seeks to crush the empire and thereby fulfill the legacy of his ancestor, the legendary warlord Cormac.

RP Sample:
Fingers curl slowly into a clenched fist, the soft clinking of metal gauntlets married to the quiet melody of dripping water. Heavy arms drag slowly back to raise up the armored figure from his stone resting place, force borne not of life but of some unholy energy. Bones crack as he turns his neck to survey the scene around him. This was not where he was slain, nor a cairn in the fashions of his homeland. Red eyes focus on the black-robed figure, clearly not a shaman of Karnath, nor even a human, but some lesser race. A weakling.

"Skarrow." He speaks, his voice deep and growling but slightly unsteady. The memory swirls in his mind as pieces start to come back. "Skarrow Bloodtaker. Jarl of the liar Groul. Born of Three Omens." As he sits up, his eyes trace down his own figure as though noticing himself for the first time. "I was killed by dishonest cowards, in service of a dishonest coward." With a heavy sigh, he pulls himself to his feet. He feels strange, not weak, but not exactly vital. Almost... empty.

"Cairn Snow. Of what people? Of which land?" Surely the man did not set about this bloody task himself. Not even Skarrow would think to spill the blood of a whole people without an army at his back. But this man's ambition seems as lofty as it is solitary. Skarrow thought himself hard, bloodthirsty, and vicious, but this man carried more than a grudge. What slight, what betrayal could have so provoked the ire not of a nation, but a single shaman? Not that he cared. Blood is blood. Karnath would be pleased.

"If it is blood you seek, then I can provide it. I am called Bloodtaker, and it was prophesied that I would lead the armies of the north to crush the arrogant empire that drove out my ancestors and stole their lands. But I was robbed of my destiny by a false one, a betrayer." He spits the words like foul-tasting liquor from his mouth and the iron of his gauntlets groans beneath the clenching of his mighty fists. "Return me to my home, help me take revenge on the liar king Groul, and I will raise an army greater than any story has ever told. We will sweep over the empire, shatter their walls like glass, soak the ground with the blood of their soldiers, and take their lands and people as our own. The weaklings of the empire will fall before us and the world will tremble at the might of our heroes. And when I am king over all men, our enemies will be taken as sacrifice to the gods." Skarrow practically salivates at the prospect of his restored destiny, holding up one fist as though to envision the world in his clutches.

"Speak the word, and whatever blood you crave is yours."

Last edited by AlphaZ; Nov 28th, 2022 at 05:19 PM.
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 12:46 AM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5047
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
My experience with Warhammer is mostly incidental outside of Vermintide for PC, but I brushed up via fan wikis for this concept.

Curious about expected posting rate. I do best with 1-2/week.
Also, how much do magic items cost? I thought you couldn't buy them in 5e.

EDIT: Ah, I found a price guide. So one or two uncommons, maybe a few commons. Sounds good.

Last edited by AlphaZ; Nov 25th, 2022 at 02:07 AM.
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 03:06 AM
The Best Title

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 230
VanitySoaring VanitySoaring VanitySoaring
Name: Minka Relevish
Race: Variant Human
Class: Divine Soul Sorcerer 5

Appearance:
right-aligned image

Background: Acolyte(Former acolyte reflavored as heretic)

Backstory:

Minka from an early age showed signs of magical abilities. Things frequently broke around her, glass cracked, candles lit themselves and bonfires roared at her presence. Her parents had begun to worry that their child was posessed or some form of monster. Shortly before they had planned to contact the church, Minka showed them something that changed their minds. She healed a wounded animal at the young age of twelve. The divine magic pouring from her hands mending the poor dog's wounded leg, to the amazement of all witnesses.

After the nature of her powers manifested, Minka developed a very clear mindset. Her sorcerous strength was for a purpose, it was her mission to heal the sick and injured and to reduce the suffering of those around her. She wanted nothing more to improve the lives of those she interacted with, giving people second chances at elongating their lives and living full and fulfilled life.

When she was around fifteen years old, she joined a church, to study and pray and help heal those in need. Her disillusionment came on quick. The church was all about rules, restrictions and lifestyles. Little attention was paid to helping those in need, and it sickened her. She left the church after a year and half to travel the world and find those in need.

During her travels she saw the world for what it was. Poverty, sickness, war, all these things going untreated. She began to question the gods, and the people in general. To her they prolonged and exacerbated the suffering and pain of the world. She grew angry and wanted to change it all, from the top down. If the gods were just there would be no pain or suffering. Life would be less of a challenge and more of a joy. After much thought and delberation on what must be done, the only solution that made sense to her was, that if the gods wouldn't do their job correctly, she would have to do it for them. She would have to become a goddess herself, and show the world how to act.

Minka once she realized her goals and how far she would have to go, went on a journey. Leaving a trail of health and goodwill in her wake. She spread the word of her name and her goals as she went. Healing those who needed it along the way, she made friends, she made followers, she used her words and actions to degrade the churches and gods for not doing enough. Along the way her mindset and mission, made enemies for her."

She had established herself and her following in a new city. Spreading the wealth of her healing around to the commonfolk, when the local church took notice. Feeling threatened by her words and those who supported her. They hatched a plan to get rid of her. They sent an agent to her begging for her help and mercy. Her instincts took over, and right away she healed him, sensing he was actively on his way to death. She poured her magic into the man, his mortal wounds closing in her arms. The next thing she felt was a dagger stealing the air from her lungs.

The look on the mans face, the smile as she gasped for air and collapsed to the ground, it is all permanently etched into her mind. He pulled a holy symbol from his shirt as she slowly suffocated on the ground, her lungs no longer capable of sustaining her life.

Goal: To obtain the power of the gods and fix the world.

RP Sample:

Minka felt it again, the suffocating, inability to fill her tattered lungs with air. A warm feeling took over as her body healed and after several gasps her chest inflated. The cool air bringing clarity her mind. Her vision having darkened during her death slowly cleared allowing her to see the man who stood above her reviving body. She couldn't yet make out his figure as he welcomed her back to the land of the living. She instinctually took several more deeper than normal breaths, getting comfortable with it after previously losing her ability to do so.

She slowly propped herself up on an elbow on the hard stone floor of the cave. Her vision finally settling as she regained her sense of equilibrium. Her strength slowly returned to her body as he began speaking. His message clarified things in her mind, made it clear just what had happened to her. She had been killed, he brought her back, and he had a way to help her achieve her goal.

She pushed herself up to a sitting position, looking up into his eyes as he spoke. She could only see a hero, her hero. Giving her a second chance at righting the injustices of pain and suffering in the world. She reached up to him, allowing him to give her a hand off the ground. While she weighed the heavy decision he gave her.

As she stood up with his assistance, she calmly took another deep breath. For a moment she could only focus on how good breathing felt after it had been denied to her. " While I am not entirely fond of the idea of hurting so many, perhaps it would be for the best. Achieving your goal, may be a small part of achieving mine. I have no choice. We will kill theses elves, and you will help me become the true Goddess of Light and Healing."

Last edited by VanitySoaring; Nov 28th, 2022 at 02:22 PM.
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 10:01 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
My experience with Warhammer is mostly incidental outside of Vermintide for PC, but I brushed up via fan wikis for this concept.

Curious about expected posting rate. I do best with 1-2/week.
Also, how much do magic items cost? I thought you couldn't buy them in 5e.

EDIT: Ah, I found a price guide. So one or two uncommons, maybe a few commons. Sounds good.
I will update every Monday and Thursday so posting rate will be twice a week
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 07:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5485
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Thok Tlaloc
Race: Lizardfolk
Class: Life Cleric 1, Arcane Archer Fighter 4
Background: Far Traveler

Last edited by Kshnik; Nov 28th, 2022 at 07:20 PM.