... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 19th, 2022, 02:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5473
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballingray View Post
Oops, I actually meant to list it. Yes, SCAG is fine, I’ll add it to the post.
Cool, thanks! Will get on it tomorrow. Or rather, later today. It's 1:40am right now
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 03:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3982
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
right-aligned image

Name:Thipindrol
Race: dragonborn
Class: fighter (rune knight)
Background: solider
Personality Traits: I'm haunted by the memories of war. I'm full of inspiring and cautionary tales.
Bond: I figtht for those who can not fight for themselves
Ideal: I'm bonded to my nation
Flaw: I will obey my supperiors to the detriment of others
Appearance:
Personality:
Background: See below notes
RP Sample: See below notes
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 08:31 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2261
Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70 Talissen70
Speaker of the Radiant Mind
right-aligned image

Name: Speaker Calen Rotaleon Eru-Dalista

Race: Aasimar

Class: Celestial Warlock

Personality Traits:

I watch over my friends like they were a litter of new-born pups

I get bored easily. When am I going to get on with my destiny?

Bond:

I am trying to atone for a debt I owe to a generous Benefactor

Ideal:

Aspiration. I’m going to prove that I am worthy of a better life.

Flaw:

Once I start drinking, it’s hard for me to stop

Appearance: Calen Rotaleon Eru-Dalista stands at 6ft tall, slim of build, with sparkiling grey eyes and a pale complexion. He wears the blue and gold robes of his order, the speakers of the Radiant Mind and carries himself with poise and grace.

Personality: Calen is very attentive to his colleagues, interested in many details, some of which appear pointless but still he meets these with enthusiasm. Frequently discussing things with his familiar but rarely sharing the conversation. He is prone to emotional outbursts of joy but also secretive moments.

Background: Temple Diplomat (custom)

Act of Heroism: Rose to prominence within his temple as a champion after defeating the notorious pirate and reaver Karsten Ibs when he attempted to ransack the Temple of the Speakers of the Radiant Mind.

Lastly, I would like to know about you as a player. Could you answer me the following:-

1) What interested you in applying to this game?
I am interested in widening my experience of settings and types of campaigns and had applied for your Witcher game. I am much more familiar with 5e and the prospect of the story which will come from your intro interests me greatly.
2) Are you happy to commit to a long-term play by post game?
I find longer term games more rewarding and look forward to the time and space to develop character relationships more fully.
3) How familiar are you with the Descent to Avernus module? Have you ever played it before? I have heard of it but have never played.
4) What sort of things do you look for in a Play by Post game?
Character development and relationships is my favourite part. Also being part of a larger story. I want it to form the kind of narrative I would like to read.
5) Conversely is there anything you don’t want to see in a Play by Post game or any hard no’s in terms of content? Nothing specific, i reckon i can deal with anything you care to put in there.

Last edited by Talissen70; Nov 22nd, 2022 at 12:32 PM.
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 12:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1797
Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren Kepheren
Alright then. If I can make a cleric that would still his spells I'll put up an application when I get home tomorrow to my PC. Am in the road at the moment and really suck at posting from my phone.

Beware: Gamers at play. Not responsible for any damages inflicted by wandering monsters, random encounters or my over active imagination!
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 12:48 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23325
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
left-aligned image

Name: Sabine de'Mourne
Race: Human
Class: Wizard (Artificer)
Personality and Traits: Cynical and pessimistic. She trusts nearly no-one and tries to keep people at arms length or further. There may be a soft center somewhere within her but her walls are high and laden with spike traps.
Personality Trait 1: I am always calm no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Personality Trait 2: I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.
Bond: Someone I loved died because of me, a mistake I made. That will never happen again.
Ideal: I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.
Flaw: Is immediately non-trusting of others yet has a hard time actually lying
Appearance: Long flowing black hair, dark chocolate brown eyes, very light skin with a bit of sun in some areas. She's lithe and quite pretty were it not for the constant look of sadness in her eyes.

Background: Sabine was once a merchant class woman living a decent life working as an artificer and running a small potion and herbalism shop. She was well known in town for giving money to the poor, helping out those who had the hardest from life. She personally worked in a local hospice to heal and cure numerous people. So, when her husband vanished, no trace, no evidence. The local constabulary looked into her but without anything to go on they left her alone. She was, after all, such a paragon.

That said, she was sloppy, there were people in the underground who knew that she was the one who killed him and knew where the body was buried. The law wouldn't care that he was an abusive louse, wouldn't care what he might have done at all, would not have cared how much of a paragon she was. No, if they had the evidence the law would only care that she had killed him in cold blood and Sabine had her child to think about.

So, she was blackmailed, brought in to make and distribute poisons to the people the criminal group wanted dead. Over the years she made what they wanted, killed numerous people with her poisons, and bided her time until a chance came to bring the entire organization down. Words to the right people, combined with evidence in the constable's hands brought the criminal enterprise to a screeching halt.

Unfortunately she made a mistake in trusting the constabulary and they allowed a small group of the criminals to escape. Sabine found them at her house where they had killed Sabine's daughter. Sabine went on a literal roaring rampage of revenge, killing every single one of the group and then visiting the constables and killing them as well. She was finally taken down by the local militia, tied to a stake, and burned as a witch.

RP Sample: Wood piled up at the stake, people who just a few days ago called her a saint, were now crying "Burn Her!" with a fervent passion. Her ribs were broken, she was bruised, and all her spells spent. Her shop and any potions there had been destroyed by the mob out for her blood. She had a few cantrips left in her but with broken fingers and broken jaw she had no chance of casting a single one of them.

The Sheriff, she hadn't gotten to him yet, spat on her and she stared at him with malice even as he began reading the charges. She ignored the man, she knew how many people she'd killed, she regretted some of them while others like her husband, like the criminals who blackmailed her, and the constabulary who had failed her, well she'd kill them all again if she could.

A rotten egg hit her face, rotten tomatoes, spit, even excrement, tossed at her by the crowd. Strangely she didn't hate them. Oh, she wished they weren't going to kill her but she understood, she was a murderess, she'd killed most of their law enforcers, she was dangerous and if they let her go she'd have no qualms finding anyone else involved in her daughter's death and killing them slowly.

The Sheriff, finished reading the charges and set a torch to the dry wood at her feet. There was smoke, fire, and pain. She breathed deeply from the smoke and held in her screams as long as she could. She wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

Q&A

Sabine is a character I've tried to play before and wanted a chance to see her shine.

Yes, I am and have been here quite some time so I'm not going anywhere.

3) How familiar are you with the Descent to Avernus module? Have you ever played it before?
Applied for it before and played a very, very little bit.

Storytelling, fun players, and a game that sticks around for awhile.

5) Conversely is there anything you don’t want to see in a Play by Post game or any hard no’s in terms of content?
Nothing I can think of.

Last edited by Ysolde; Nov 19th, 2022 at 11:20 PM.
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 08:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9171
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
That took me a little longer than expected... but my application is done. I asked you a question as part of the knowledge portion, and I hope the sin is not too dark for you.
Old Nov 19th, 2022, 09:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
don't feel bad, I still got the roleplay to do, but that'll be quick when I get a chance at it, the secrets is where I always have a problem with.
Old Nov 20th, 2022, 04:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2972
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Hey folks, I’ve added a table to my second post with the applications in-flight and completed as it stands.
Old Nov 20th, 2022, 09:57 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1656
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Erith MalakeighName: Erith Malakeigh
Race: Tiefling
Class: Paladin (Redemption)
Personality Traits: I refuse to be a victim again, and refuse to let others be victimized.
like to read and memorize poetry. It keeps me calm and brings me fleeting moments of happiness.

Bond: There’s evil in me, I can feel it. It must never be set free.
Ideal: I try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost
Flaw: I talk to spirits no one else can see
Appearance: Erith is a tiefling of blue hue, with golden eyes that seemed eternally sad. Her beautiful face is marred by a series of scars along her jawline and another across her left cheek, though she holds many more on along her body, hidden by the armor she wears. Her raven hair is often cut shoulder length, left loose to blow in whatever breeze happens by. On her silver-colored kiteshield, is the symbol of the moon. Selune. Erith tries really hard to keep her appearance clean, pristine even... though there is often mud on her boots at the very least.
Personality: Kind and compassionate, Erith will do whatever she can to help those in need. Though she still harbors a lot of self doubt and guilt over her past. A part of her still even believing what Sister Vioe told her. Her smile, while bright and infectious, also holds a deep sadness to it. She tries to carry out her duty... but she also carries a heavy burden, hidden just beneath the surface.
Background: Erith's blood had caused her nothing but pain and suffering for all her short life. As a baby, unable to protect herself, she was born to a young noble couple in Calimport, Lord Erik and Lady Geneviene Malakeigh, humans both, where they took one look at her blue skin and yellow eyes and labelled her a demon, sent from the Nine Hells. They tried everything, from contacting local temples, to beating the wickedness they saw in her. She was hidden away, else their reputation be tarnished. Then, one day, on her twelfth birthday no less... she was taking a beating from her father... when a rage begun to bubble forth... and she let out a scream. A scream that incinerated the man with the power of her infernal blood.

Convinced now, that the child she bore was a demon and a threat, Lady Geneviene had her thrown in chains and places in a metal box, which the guard happily helped with for the murder of a nobleman. She was then transported to the Temple of Old Night, where she was left for the priestesses of Shar to deal with. The Sharrans were exemplars of their goddess, and obeyed her law. They tortured the young girl, cutting into her flesh with their curved blades, striking her with whips... upset that burning her with their brand didn't elicit a similar response. Always trying to get her to evoke her Hellish Rebuke again... but she staunchly tried to refuse. The sounds of her father dying, the smell of his burning flesh... it haunted her, clung to her as she sat sobbing in her chambers. And among her torturers, was Sister Vioe. She took sadistic pleasure in the sounds of pain and agony. Always reminding Erith that she was deserving of Shar's blessings of suffering, for the blood of demons pulsed through her heart. For three years she suffered at Vioe's hands, and she was honestly believing her. Her blood was tainted.

Then came the day she was to be transported. Vioe was tasked with a mission, for the glory of Shar, and she wished to take her favorite plaything with her. Kept in chains and forced to walk behind the wagon... heading to distant Westgate and the Sea of Fallen Stars, and had decided to settle down one clear night. Vioe was preparing to carve into Erith once more... when the caravan fell under attack by a group of vicious raiders. The Sharrans were quickly overwhelmed by the surprising force, and Erith found herself hiding, trying to find a way to escape the chaos.

With shackles on her wrists and ankles, it made moving difficult... when it seemed the Sharrans were about to lose completely, she planned on waiting in a hiding spot, until the raiders left, but then she saw Vioe. One raider, a large man, had her at his mercy... blade held high. There was a part of her that took intense satisfaction in watching her tormentor die... but with the moon, full and bright above her, she instead found herself moving. One foot in front of the other, leaping with her shackled hands. She caught the raider, surprised, bringing the chains around his neck. She held on until he collapsed.

She pulled herself free, quickly, not wanting to actually kill the man, though she grabbed his sword up, pointing it at the wounded Vioe who was surprised at who her savior was. Demanding the keys for her shackles, the sister relented. Freeing herself, Erith fled into the surrounding woods, escaping the continuing chaos, though Vioe called out after her, warning her she'd never be free.

She eventually found a lake, taking shelter alongside it. It was when she heard a song call out to her. Her eyes moved to the moon, to the Goddess, Selune. In her mind she heard her song. Her mind had not been at peace for so long that now that her torture was over, her mind refused to accept it. She knew Vioe may one day come after her and she could end up back in that situation again... she prayed to Selune for guidance... and she recieved it. She was not alone in the world, surely. Others suffered, if not the same as her, in other ways... she could stop it, she could help... and if Vioe could be saved, could not others? She'd have to try. And failing that, defend those who could not defend themselves. Violence as a last resort. She'd train. She'd get better...

And she did for a time, for the next three years, she worked and fought, trying to make the world a better place. She settled in Elturel, using it as a base of operations. Working to bring food to the needy, help shine the light for those lost in darkness, and fight the evils that could not be saved. Then came the day that Zariel came to make good on her deal with Thavius.

Erith didn't know where the black chains had come from, but she was certain the winged woman was responsible. She tried to reason with her, talk to her... She was stabbed through the chest for her attempts at peace. She fell for what seemed like an eternity before she was able to stand again. The fact she could stand was amazing... but the screams that surrounded her, the horrors of where she was, fully dawning. She had to be dead, and Elturel came with her. It was her greatest fears realized. Her blood had unleashed its evil on an unsuspecting folk...
RP Sample:
"These people have done nothing against you! Please, listen to me--" Erith's words were cut off short as she barely even registered the movement. The blade felt as though it was burning, as it tore through her breast, and exploded from her back. She tried to let out a cry of pained shock... but her lungs could not hold the words. A heavy boot connected with her gut, sending her falling from the blade. She hit the ground, feeling the warmth fade from her body. The city around her, being pulled down by the black chains. She was no stranger to the pain she felt as she tried to drag herself across the ground, trying to get her hands to work their divine power on her wound. She had used it numerous times on the people earlier that night... why was it failing her now?
Had she exhausted Selune's gift? For what? If she could heal herself, then she could still fight! Healing these people was actually accomplishing nothing now! They were going to die regardless, and she couldn't save herself! Was it her blood that did this? The infernal taint that was always at risk of harming all she swore to protect. Why was Selune forsaking her now?
She clutched at her chest... gasping for air, it was getting harder and harder to breathe. Blackness tugging at the edges of her vision.

Was father right? Was I a curse? I murdered him during a childish tantrum... he was hitting me, sure, but Sister Vioe did much worse. And if I could endure that, I should have endured his strikes. He is dead because I wasn't strong enough, the evil in my blood hurt wanted the blood of others. It won that day, I can't let it win again... her mind was a maelstrom of panic, desperation... even fear. Using the wall, she tried to stand, tried to draw her sword... she fell backwards... and continued to fall. Darkness enveloping her, as she tumbled through the blackness.

Selune, please! Forgive me! Forgive them! These people did nothing to deserve this! I'm the wicked one! Take me instead! her impassioned plea to her divine patron echoed in her mind as she continued through the darkness... before piercing light blinded her. She impacted with the ground, pain wracking her body... but she persevered. Moving to stand, her yellow eyes scanned the landscape, and her heart sunk. Everything that surrounded her, now screamed out to her. The demonic side of her was now at home... and she had taken Elturel with her!

1) What interested you in applying to this game? First of all, I'm a huge Forgotten Realms fan. Second, when I am unable to post often enough, I look for more games to fill the void! And thirdly, the most important, I tried to get into a Discord game of Descent into Avernus and had a lot of fun for a while, but the DM flaked... The setting has always been interesting to me, and the fact you've reworked and made it your own is something I'd be excited to see play out.
2) Are you happy to commit to a long-term play by post game? Yes please! I've done PbP for a very long time now, only a little newer to RPGX. I want a game with a lot going on that can last a very long time, and this checks all of my boxes!
3) How familiar are you with the Descent to Avernus module? Have you ever played it before? I own the physical copy of the book, though never gave it more than a cursory glance. I have other modules I'm trying to run, if I ever finished them, I might have given it more of a look and ran that one in the future. I was in a campaign on Discord, post only, took us seven sessions to get to a bathhouse. So we didn't get far. I'd love to play in that setting again!
4) What sort of things do you look for in a Play by Post game? I like a bit of everything. Combat can prove difficult to run in PbP, but I've still had an enjoyable experience in fights. I love anything with a good story, and I enjoy it when DMs can incorporate player backstories into the overall narrative. I like acts of heroism, while coupled with the nuiances of doubt and corruption. The idea that an evil person could also be saved. Ultimately, I love writing backstories and going with the flow of a game, seeing where we end up.
5) Conversely is there anything you don’t want to see in a Play by Post game or any hard no’s in terms of content? We are in the Nine Hells! I understand the horrors that can come up, from many narrative standpoints. In Session 0 terms, I'm cool with just about anything, though I am not looking for anything explicit.

Last edited by Dyerdon; Nov 20th, 2022 at 09:58 PM.
Old Nov 20th, 2022, 09:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, my app is complete.
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 01:49 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 81
Dukklord
Name: Eron of the Twilight Order
Race: Elf
Class: Twilight Domain Cleric
Personality Traits: My favor, once lost, is lost forever.
Bond: Nothing is more important than the other members of my family.
Ideal: Family. The blood of the covenant runs thicker than the water of the womb.
Flaw:

Appearance: Without her armour she would appear fairly unassuming, a slender frame and average height, but her frame is built out by her muscle mass. Her face is rounded though her chin comes to a point. Her grey eyes are almost impossible to read. Her hair is a silver bob with long bangs, she ties her bangs up and out of her face. Her armour enhances what her muscles do to her frame, giving her broad shoulders that make her appear large and imposing. Over top her armour she wears a maids outfit.
Personality: Eron is stoic and fiercely loyal to those she's labeled as family. While not particularly personable, Eron will take on a motherly aspect towards those she's dedicated to. Strangers, and outsiders to Erin's "found family" will be the recipients of a cold shoulder, and a general lack of respect. Those welcome under "roof" would find themselves being doted upon, and watched after with a persistence and warmth that is otherwise unseen. To threaten Erin's family is to request your own death.
Background:

RP Sample:

Your RP Sample should deal with your characters last moments before they died. Tell me what happened, what they were feeling in terms of emotions. Did they have any regrets?

I'm hoping I did that well enough and don't approach it in the wrong way, it's been awhile since I've done text based RP.

In secret text to me, provide me with two secrets for your character. The first should be something that they know, the second should be something that they do not know.

I've been craving the written style of RPing for quite some time now, and while I haven't done it with any sort of GM before I figured someone who could write as well as you did would be great for that! I might be a little rusty, but I'd love the opportunity to join in.

Absolutely!

3) How familiar are you with the Descent to Avernus module? Have you ever played it before?

I've heard of it. That's about it.

The freedom to more accurately display my characters actions through written description, and being able to commit to vocal quirks and speaking styles that are much harder to do when playing in the ttrpg format, is mainly what I seek, but the fun and creativity that comes from group storytelling is the true draw to any kind of RPG for me.

5) Conversely is there anything you don’t want to see in a Play by Post game or any hard no’s in terms of content?

I've no hard limits here.

Last edited by Dukklord; Nov 23rd, 2022 at 01:19 PM.
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 08:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9571
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Xaura DaelazarName: Xaura Daelazar
right-aligned image

Race: Custom Lineage (Feyborn)
Class: Warlock (Hexblade) 1 / Bard (College of Swords) 4
Background: Swordswoman (Entertainer)
Personality Traits:
I love a good insult, even one directed at me.
I’ll settle for nothing less than perfection.
Bond: I would do anything for the other members of my old troupe.
Ideal: Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)
Flaw: I have trouble keeping my true feelings hidden. My sharp tongue lands me in trouble.
Appearance: Xaura is an attractive young woman, with a long mane of dark hair which flows about half way down her back. She has hazel eyes that seem to penetrate into ones own soul and soft features with fair skin. She has a lithe build from years of physical training.
Personality: Xaura can be a bit of an acquired taste due to be outspoken manner. She has no qualms about speaking her mind whenever she deems it necessary even if it is often inappropriate. Even with that being said she is a dedicated friend to those she values and would go out of her way to help one in need. Growing up she was part of a traveling troupe of performers, so she was used to calling the entire troupe her family. As such they all looked out for one another, and she continues to feel the need to help those less fortunate than herself.
Backstory:

RP Sample:

Secrets!

1) What interested you in applying to this game?: I like the risen again aspect and the chance for redemption in a way. The character driven to save not only herself but everyone else. The role playing possibilities of a group of people given a second chance at life.

2) Are you happy to commit to a long-term play by post game?: Yes Indeed

3) How familiar are you with the Descent to Avernus module? Have you ever played it before?: Very light exposure, playing in a different thread but not very far along at all.

4) What sort of things do you look for in a Play by Post game?: Roleplaying, and character development. I like to see relationships built between characters and even NPC's sometimes, a characters life should not be 100 hack and slash all the time.

5) Conversely is there anything you don’t want to see in a Play by Post game or any hard no’s in terms of content?: Rules lawyering LOL I am open to pretty much anything.

Last edited by JaredSyn; Nov 21st, 2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 12:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1234
ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero
Up to you with whether the three retainers will be with me when the game starts according to the Variant Retainer feature. They will likely tear each other apart or get hurt somehow, but I would enjoy them throwing in tidbits here and there if you're okay with me playing three minor support characters.

Do not be alarmed by the usage of the term Queen here, she isn't all powerful. In other cultures, she might be considered a Mayor or Countess. Just briefly, Deep Gnome societies are independent with a King and Queen of each city, no matter their size. Here is a short primer if you'd like to know more about Deep Gnome culture.

BioName: Ophelia Marbleheart
Race: Deep Gnome
Class: Wizard, or Witch if you please (Necromancer)
Background: Noble (with some Acolyte traits)

Personality Traits:
1) I take great pains to always look my best and follow the latest fashions.
2) I quote sacred texts and proverbs in almost every situation.
3) If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields.
Ideal: Independence. I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family. (Chaotic)
Bond: The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.
Flaw: My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in my god.
Character Description
right-aligned image
Appearance: Standing at an imposing 3'2", Ophelia has haunting slate gray eyes that are retroreflective to light sources like a cat's eye when photographed. On account of her enhanced darkvision. She has smooth rhinoceros gray skin. It is embossed with a floral pattern across her jaw and neck, that outsiders have trouble understanding: is it a magical birthmark or some beautiful ritual scarring or tattoo?

In addition to her eyes, her alabaster hair is the distinguishing mark of her family: silky and lengthy in females and the beards of male members alike. It is tradition to rarely cut it. Only when substantial promises are made, a sign of their linkage to their people and obligations. Thus a Marbleheart who can keep their hair long is a sign of shrewdness, but in excess indicates selfishness. And Ophelia's is quite long, reaching all the way down her short back. Nothing like her deceased queen mother's hair, whose razor-blunt jaw-length bob was the embodiment of dedication and austerity.

In life Ophelia was apprised of drow fashion. Adorned in more opulent gossamer filigree and fine surface silks than someone from a city as secluded as theirs had any right to be.

Personality: While Ophelia respects decorum and icy civility, she was never one for blind compliance. She chafed under the watchful eyes of her Illusionist, historian, geometricist and alchemist instructors. Why fashion baubles and ephemerality when she had seen several of the deep texts? References to the very tangible power up for grabs in the schools of Enchantment, Necromancy and Conjuration? They could be commanding life and death, not wasting their time in the shadows!

Ophelia is petty, dour and a holder of grudges. She often struggles to remember even the names of those close to her. She insists that her mind is not inclined towards such things, but she can recite long passages of Svirfneblin history as well as magical theorems and rituals in exacting detail with little issue.

On the flip side, the posthumous Princess and Queen is a lover of beauty and hard work. She respects those who contribute to the arts and sciences equally with those who Give their all and dissolve their ego into the rolesublimate themselves to their duties. The Queen has nothing but love for her people and subjects. The powerless and the hungry are to be fed, clothed and nurtured. Properly motivated, they can be fearless. During her short reign, she went out of her way many times to please them. Throwing banquets in their honor, preferring to share the fruits of her labor rather than horde it. She opted to have her tribal throne room be in the temple as a show of humility. Oneness with the people and Myrkul's yearning for death.

She respects tradition immensely, just so long as it is effectual. When courtly foolishness presents itself, she delights in exposing contradictions. There were many great kings and queens throughout Svirfneblin history, Ophelia just so happened to find her mother the Queen, and the King (no relation to her father, as kings and queens follow separate bloodlines and selection processes in Svirfneblin culture), less helpful than a drowning aboleth.

Her iconoclastic nature was likely cultivated by her Oration tutelage under Duvain Rootshadow. He had been the Drow ambassador to their small city for ten years and she found him quite charming with several crushes throughout her adolescence. Local Svirfneblin historians will likely postulate that this Machiavellian instruction was a Drow scheme to weaken their neighbors by turning Princess against Queen. And then people against Queen. During her reign, he continued to serve at her side unerringly as her most outspoken advisor.

Background: Once she'd learned enough to subtly question her tutors while avoiding the worst of their getting disciplined with a cane, often hitting across the knuckles or behind.canings, she saw to it that her curriculum was altered to her liking for two full years before her father caught on. Tutoring and apprenticeship in oration, mortician's tools, vivisection, Myrkul's priestly rites, communing with the dead, compulsion magic and summoning rituals. She'd had to get quite creative with her limited access to their modest treasury, but Duvain was happy to be of assistance.

Her parents were furious, but there was no going back for her, despite their punishments and recriminations. Among her fashionable friends, she spread the cynicism of Myrkul and it caught on like wildfire. The inevitability of death and futility of life in the Underdark began to be preached by the faithful of Myrkul. Ophelia quickly became one of their top priests, credited with starting the groundswell. It was the perfect explanation for their failing crops, dwindling fertility and inability to explore the Underdark for new resources.

All of this spat directly in the face of her Queen mother's traditional leadership, fearful of exploration and new magic. The insurrection grew swiftly and completely by chance, Princess Ophelia was hailed as the rightful Queen of the city of Skullbarrow. The Queen was dead, long live the Queen. Her boldness in necromancy and speaking with The Speak With Dead spellThose Who Came Before yielded unquestionable results: the growing ranks of undead defended them tirelessly from the Underdark's threats. Trade routes grew, the influence of this formerly modest Svirfneblin outpost spread and others came to join them.

One of her brightest moments came in planning the excursion to reclaim the region's Great Crypt. They had been pushed out of those tunnels one-hundred-and-fifty years ago by a formidable host of fomorians. Seer Queen Ophelia even led the charge on the gates. None questioned her bravery or resolve after that.

Sadly, the people were also fools who sought to cast down their Seer Queen for Witchery and Profaning Life or somesuch balderdash. And just when she was so close to solving all their problems...

Questions

Last edited by ArcZero; Nov 21st, 2022 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Minor Typos
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 03:18 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7315
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Togot Fury, the lone wolf
Race: Human
Class: Fighter Battle master
Personality Traits: I can stare down a hell hound without flinching.
If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to help
Bond: My friends and family mean everything to me. there is nothing I won’t do for them
Ideal: My lot is to lay down my life in defense of others.
Flaw: I made a terrible mistake that cost many lives and the guilt haunts me
Appearance: Togot is a fit man of average height with ear-length sandy brown hair. He has a vertical scar over his right eye along with many others on his body. He has fierce brown eyes brimming with confidence.
Personality: Togot is confident to a fault. The words “I can’t” are not in his vocabulary and it has gotten him in over his head more than once. The bigger the challenge, the more driven he is to meet it. He pursues his goals regardless of how much pain and suffering he must endure, and every obstacle he overcomes he takes as proof that he was right.

Due to the loss he suffered in childhood, Togot has a very black and white view of right and wrong and devoted his life to protecting the innocent and punishing the wicked. The rigid mindset causes him to suffer crushing guilt every time he fails to save someone regardless of whether it is his fault or not. He is a man who has put the weight of the world on his own shoulders, and it’s crushing him.

Background: Folk hero. Togot’s early life was very typical. Born and raised a farmboy, his world ended at the walls of his small village. He had a strong and reliable father, a loving mother, and a baby sister. Life was hard but peaceful. That all ended when the raiders came. Waving a flag bearing a black trident, they slaughtered the villagers and put the town to the torch. Togot was only eight years old, but he tried to defend his mother only to be swatted away like a fly. When he awoke, he found the village raised and he the only survivor.

Driven mad with grief and having no goal other than revenge, Togot picked up a sword left by the raiders, and began following their tracks. Rather than find the raiders, he found a woman warrior who was impressed by the fierce unyielding fighting spirit in his eyes, and so she adopted him. she was Mourns Her Kill, the chief of a small tribe of warriors who lived in the woods not too far away. Among them, Togot dedicated his life to training in the hopes of hunting down the raiders and avenging his family.

Full of pain and loss, Togot was very abrasive. He had no patience for caution and never held back. He threw his all against any who stood in his way and pushed his body to its breaking point on a regular basis. His uncooperative attitude earned him the nickname Lone wolf, which he accepted with pride. This earned him several enemies, but he welcomed them all as practice that would only make him stronger, and they did. Fortunately his unyielding spirit also earned the respect of others, and in time he grew to appreciate these bonds and learned to let people in, making friends and learning the value of working with others.

At the age of twenty, Togot was an adult and began doing mercenary work to support the tribe. He quickly gained a reputation for helping those in need for little reward and refusing to accept jobs that harmed or exploited the innocent. More than once, he would abandon the mission when he saw people in danger and no matter how many times he was disciplined for this, he never changed.

Then one day during a job, he heard word of raiders bearing a flag with a black trident. He immediately set out in pursuit and tracked down his prey at long last. He found them occupying an old fortress and spent the night infiltrating and killing everyone he could inside. Despite wounds and weariness, he faced off with their leader last. The battle was the hardest of Togot’s life. His foe seemed to shrug off what should have been fatal blows, but after a grueling battle, Togot stood victorious with a scar over his right eye to commemorate his revenge.

Over the years, Togot started to gain a reputation as a folk hero. This led more people to seek his aid, as well as many people to seek his death, but the event that he was remembered for was when he and four other mercenaries were escorting a group of fifty refuges from a sacked village. They were pursued by thirty orcs which were gaining on them. To escape, the group had to cross a rope bridge over Gregor’s Gorge, a wide canyon. The problem was the bridge was narrow and couldn’t support a full load so their passing would be slow. In order to buy time, Togot decided to face the orcs to slow them down. He killed nearly half of them and their leader, but lost his life in the battle, but he succeeded in saving the refugees. A bard wrote a song in his memory, and several of the refugees named their children after him.

RP Sample:

Togot's song
Quote: Never fear, for I am here

1)The quality of the game app made me think you’d be a dedicated DM and the premise works with the character that I wanted to play
2) I’ve been playing and running games that have lasted over a year now. I got no problem committing.
3) I ran the adventure once, but we never actually got into Avernus, though I have read the adventure. Really like your description of events by the way
4) I look for a game where my characters actions matter and not one where I’m railroaded.
5) As mentioned above I don’t like railroading

Last edited by Togot; Nov 21st, 2022 at 06:36 PM.
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 09:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2610
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
What is the application deadline? I read the into a couple of times, but I didn't see it.