Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 197
Pig Man Pig Man
Application

AppName: Gabrian Arnkan Yondalic

Race: Half-Elf (Moon Elf)

Class: Wizard (School of Necromancy) 5

Personality Traits: I am often quiet, as though lost in thought. Life-threatening situations are not new to me, so I can keep my head on straight and look out for myself and my allies. I am often perfectly stoic, but prone to sudden and momentary burst of optimism or joy when the moment would summon it out of me. These bursts are always short-lived.

Bond: My mother. She is the only person in the world that I love, and the one that I have to thank for everything that I am.

Ideal: Adventure. I am always on the search for the next big discovery, either physically or mentally.

Flaw: I get wrapped up in my studies or adventuring, and sometimes forget to give quality time or attention to those I care about. I might go days without speaking to friends or family if I find something that captures my interest.

Also, I enjoy killing more than I should. It's just that... death is my domain. It's what I feel most comfortable with. It feels nice to introduce someone to it. I'm no hypocrite, however - when my time comes, I will graciously welcome my death with open arms.

Appearance: On a good day, Gabrian is neatly groomed and clean shaven, the picture of elegant features. His elven characteristics mix seamlessly with his heavier-set human features, granting him both an air of both aloofness and grave stoicism. His skin is pale white, almost ceramic, and he wears his silver hair shorter and pushed back along his head. He wears a black traveling cloak at all times, even if indoors, and two silver necklaces around his neck; one a silver moon inside a circle, the symbol of the Moon Elf god, and the other, a sliver of crystal given to him as a gift from Snaggletooth as his arcane focus. He also carries all of his belongings in a satchel at his side, under the tough black cloak.

Personality: Gabrian is quiet. He doesn't exactly know how to talk to other people, and is always a hair nervous when he needs to. He is also fond of retreating and replanning, both in social settings and in combat; he needs to have a set game plan before going into anything, and if surprised, will often use valuable time to attempt to construct a plan to either win or escape an encounter. He also loves adventure and will leap at the opportunity to learn something new or explore something never-before-touched. Gabrian also takes comfort in the macabre. Corpses, while unsettling to some, are a good friend of Gabrian's.

Background:

RP Sample:

1) What interested you in applying to this game?
Playing in a grim, mature world, and the promise of deep roleplay between players. I'm also a big fan of the theme of good, evil, and reconciliation.

2) Are you happy to commit to a long-term play by post game?
My commitment would only be reliable for a couple months. My schedule is going to get busy in about March, so my post rate might drop to only one or two posts a week. Other than that, I would love to be part of a long-term campaign!

3) How familiar are you with the Descent to Avernus module? Have you ever played it before?
0 familiarity, never played. Very excited to, though!

4) What sort of things do you look for in a Play by Post game?
Lots of character stuff. I also think it works best when players adopt a more party-focused mindset, so I'll do my best to understand and read up on everyone else's characters just as much as my own.

5) Conversely is there anything you don’t want to see in a Play by Post game or any hard no’s in terms of content?
I don't even think I need to say any of this, but for the sake of transparency, the lines I draw are SA or violence against children. Otherwise, I trust everyone here, and I'll just do my best to follow your guys' lead when it comes to playing.

Work in Progress, but I would love feedback so far. Will return to this on the morrow sometime.

Last edited by Pig Man; Nov 23rd, 2022 at 10:32 AM.
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 12:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2972
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoozombie View Post
What is the application deadline? I read the into a couple of times, but I didn't see it.
I havenít set one yet, but itís likely to be inside the next 3-4 weeks.
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 07:20 AM
Black Cat Enthusiast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7015
DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore DaniLore
Posting interest
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 10:22 AM
Funk Around and Find Out

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1807
Boogieman Boogieman Boogieman Boogieman Boogieman Boogieman Boogieman Boogieman Boogieman Boogieman Boogieman
Application's done.

Will always edit for typos later, but it's late now.

Last edited by Boogieman; Nov 22nd, 2022 at 10:35 AM.
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 04:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray Ballingray
Really impressed with the level of applications so far, keep them coming.

Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 05:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5473
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I see mine still says "In progress" Mine is done
Old Nov 22nd, 2022, 05:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9571
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
I think mine is done and open to review.
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 11:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5485
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posting my interestÖ
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 11:13 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2203
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Dwarven Pride:
right-aligned image

Name: STR 16, DEX 14, CON 16, INT 8, WIS 9, CHA 12Jaina Ironflow
Race: Centaur
Class: Barbarian (Berserker)
Background: Guild Artisan (Blacksmith)
Personality Traits:
-I don't part with my money easily and will haggle tirelessly to get the best deal possible.
-I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can't help it - I'm a perfectionist.

Bond:
-One day, I shall return to my guild and prove that I am the greatest artisan of them all.

Ideal:
-Aspiration - I work hard to become the best there is at my craft.

Flaw:
-I'm horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my work. Everywhere I go I am surrounded by rivals.

Appearance: Jaina was always different than others her age, with the obvious difference being of her equine half. She has a muscular frame from her upbringing learning the blacksmithing trade. Her skin often darker from the soot of her occupation with the occasional black spot where dirt finds a handhold covering up the freckles that splatter her shoulders and biceps. Her equine section is that of thick brown fur with a silky tail. Her hair is a dark brick red that flows down past her shoulders that she ties back in a loose, messy braid once in a while before leaving it to it's fate until it starts getting in her way again. She has green eyes that sparkle with determination complimenting a mouth that finds a smile quite easily. She wears a loose sleeveless cotton shirt, cinched up with a leather belt. She wears half-calf leather boots that roll over the top. When she starts working, she dons a leather apron that reaches to the bottom of her equine chest, adorned with loops and pockets for her blacksmithing tools so she's always ready and prepared to smith a masterpiece even if she's not in her own smithy, or her father's smithy, rather.

Personality: Jaina runs on her own determination and a fire that mimics a powerful forge. She doesn't let any old thing dampen her attitude. She can be carefree and ready to party when the situation calls for it and the only time that changes is when she is challenged at her trade where her demeanor changes to one of focus and perfection. She holds herself to a dwarven standard of work ethic and skill.

Backstory: Jaina's parents were traders from the frozen north, merchants from a village that specialized in furs, animal fat, meat and bones for various uses. On a trade run to the south, her parents and their little colt had taken a detour off the main route and on this less-used road they ran into a group of bandits. As they both tried to find some cover from the hail of arrow fire, while Jaina's father unhitched himself from the wagon and grabbed his axe, her and her mother leaped the ditch together then pushed her to hide in the woods. Jaina's mother leapt the ditch once more and joined her husband in the fight. Despite the pair of powerful centaur fighting back, the bandits overpowered them and took what they wanted before burning their wagon. Jaina watched the whole thing from behind a tree.

Within the next day, A dwarf by the name of Dag Ironflow was driving his ox-drawn cart with all his worldly possessions in it when he came upon the burned wagon. While he was working to push the wagon off the road he heard a little cough which drew his attention to the ditch. At first, when he found the bundle of deer hides in the weeds, he thought it was but another corpse but upon closer inspection, he found that it was a child, a centaur child. The moment those little green eyes locked onto his, old Dag's heart softened and he fell in love with the little infant.

As Dag moved into the small village he was going to call home, he began raising the little girl and being a gnarled old dwarf, he raised her the only way he knew how, as a dwarf. He would tell Jaina bedtime stories about his adventures among his kin, not leaving out any of the exciting times or fearsome battles, teaching her all the important lessons that he learned in a dwarven society tempered by his own past. When Jaina was big enough to hold a smithing hammer, he taught her the craft he knew so well and only years later, he taught her how to hold a weapon. Jaina became a formidable warrior with a temper that gave her the strength to level mountains but while that anger served her with a weapon, it didn't serve her well before the forge. Aspiring to her father's amazing skill at the forge drove her to want to be better, to meet the dwarven standard.

Upon the eve of her eighteenth birthday, Jaina expressed to Dag that she wanted to become an adventurer just as he had been and knowing that she had to follow her own destiny and heart, he gave his blessing and on her birthday, he also gave her his greatest work, a warhammer of beautiful dwarven design to protect her on her journeys.

Jaina's first adventure was to the fabled land of Chult with a party of adventurers. Unfortunately, the party met an untimely end in the jungles of that mysterious land and Jaina was scarred from her experiences there. She had all but given up the adventuring life, electing to travel from city to city, honing her skills in blacksmithing until she could return to the home of her father and show that she was the best. It was in the city of Elturiel that she met the end, or so the day had begun.

RP Sample: It was but another day in the city of two suns, Jaina had been in the city only two weeks and it was certainly something to get used to. With two suns, she barely knew when to sleep or take a break. She had been able to work for long periods, often on accident, making some fine pieces.

It was the third day of working on the same sword, one she had been commissioned to make. It had been her first contract in the city and she was determined to make a masterpiece to show that she could do better than any other smith in this city. Jaina pulled the blade from the forge, glowing just a shade past cherry red and as she turned to quench it, the whole city rocked, even throwing her off balance. As her hooves stamped the dirt, she dropped the blade from her tongs and braced herself on a nearby post.

She feared for the urgency of the quenching, if it cooled too much, the blade would be ruined and all because of an earthquake. As she recovered her footing and moved to pick up the blade, she could tell it was already too late. The earth shook once more and the roof collapsed on her. She felt the excruciating pain of one of her legs breaking as the heavy roof bore her to the ground and then all went black.

1) What interested you in applying to this game?
I'm just coming back for a time and I like the premise of this game.

2) Are you happy to commit to a long-term play by post game?
I look forward to having fun for as long as the game lasts.

3) How familiar are you with the Descent to Avernus module? Have you ever played it before?
I had applied to a couple other games that had something to do with Avernus so I did do a little research surrounding the Deadriders and things outside Elturiel but they were short-lived.

4) What sort of things do you look for in a Play by Post game?
I look for adventure, relationship-building between party members and a way to develop my character's story and personality throughout the game.

5) Conversely is there anything you don’t want to see in a Play by Post game or any hard no’s in terms of content?
Unnecessary blood, gore or violence that doesn't help to move the story forward.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; Nov 25th, 2022 at 11:17 AM.
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 12:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Table is updated. Loving the applications coming in so far.
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 08:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1059
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
So I noticed that you allow Monsters of the Multiverse races, does this mean you'll allow the use of firearms if I wanted to play a Giff character? would really love to give it a shot, and already have some good ideas for them as a character. If not I have other ideas for other characters.

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2
Old Nov 24th, 2022, 06:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishKatt View Post
So I noticed that you allow Monsters of the Multiverse races, does this mean you'll allow the use of firearms if I wanted to play a Giff character? would really love to give it a shot, and already have some good ideas for them as a character. If not I have other ideas for other characters.
Unfortunately not, that is an exception to the general rule. Going to say no to Giff and firearms, sorry.

Closing date for applications will be Friday 16th December, would like to get everything up and running before the Christmas rush

Last edited by Ballingray; Nov 24th, 2022 at 06:36 AM.
Old Nov 24th, 2022, 08:22 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1234
ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero ArcZero
Happy Turkey day, everyone! Also on a similar note to IrishKatt, I realize spells can be found in all manner of silly places these days. As an enterprising battlefield controlling witch, I'm curious if the Strixhaven spells or the Psionic-ish ones from the Fighter, Rogue and Wizard Unearthed Arcana will be allowed?
Old Nov 24th, 2022, 11:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9470
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Hey there! This is very much still a work in progress, I will try and get the application done over the weekend. In the meantime, if there's anything you would like me to add, edit or remove, please let me know! Feedback is always welcome .

Dorian Morley
right-aligned image

• Name: Dorian Morley
  • Race: Half-elf
  • Class: Oath of ConquestPaladin
  • Personality Trait: I've a quiet, almost regal bearing.
  • Personality Trait: I take pride in my immaculate presentation.
  • Ideal: Obedience. There can be no strife or doubt in a community guided by law.
  • Bond: The integrity of this city means everything to me- I would give my life to preserve its structures.
  • Flaw: I am utterly uncompromising in my approach- the ends justify any means, good or ill.

Appearance
Dorian is a gaunt, silver-haired half-elf, sporting a trim Van Dyke beard. His face is marked with deep lines, giving the half-elf a perpetual scowl. This scowl is only exacerbated by the wide-brimmed hat he usually wears to hide his balding head. He has a hawkish nose and light grey eyes, which are usually bloodshot. Dorian's gaze is stern, almost as if in judgement of the world around him.

Despite his somewhat advanced age, Dorian is muscular, and broad of shoulder. He has a rather straight posture; something he picked up during his long military career. To the world around him, he strikes a formal, reserved image.

Due to the nature of his work, which often sees Dorian conduct his investigations at night, the half-elf prefers dark clothing. Black, marine and umber are his preferred colours, as well as charcoal grey. He usually wears a long overcoat to hide the implements of his trade, and his signature, wide-brimmed capotain hat. Dorian usually wears leather gloves and boots, black pantaloons, and- contrasting with the rest of his outfit- a faded white ruffle shirt underneath.

Dorian sports no tattoos, but he wears three copper rings- two on his left hand, and one on the right.

Personality
Dorian's stern, scowling expression closely matches his character. He is serious at all times, and due to his level-headed nature Dorian is not quickly taken aback. His dedication to his work and creed is evident in all he does. He has a methodical mind, and values neatness and peace. However, this attitude can lead to him thinking less of those who lead less regimented lives, and in dealings with such individuals Dorian can come across as arrogant. While the half-elf has learned to work with others, and knows that such requires making some concessions, he remains wholly uncompromising in the pursuit of his goals. Fortunately, those goals always revolve around the prosperity of the city he holds so dear.

Having a long history of dealing with Elturel's less scrupulous or outright criminal elements, Dorian has seen quite a few things he'd be happy to forget. These experiences have left him somewhat jaded- he feels compelled to do good, but has become more and more aware of the fact that evil is insidious, and that there's always more of it lurking in the shadows. Yet he soldiers on, convinced it is his duty to at least try and stem the tide.

Background
Dorian was born and raised in Elturel. Growing up, the strict, disciplined life in the city suited the young half-elf perfectly- he was one to value clear rules and expectations, rather than the opportunistic chaos of other cities like Baldur's Gate. Eventually Dorian joined the city guard- as a simple guardsman at first, but his dedication, and his father's influence, eventually saw him rise through the ranks and promoted to sergeant. This hardly caused complains from his peers, for Dorian was diligent and, more importantly, completely unconcerned with matters of politics. Because of this indifference, Dorian investigated the cases nobody else wanted, and did not get in the way of his colleague's ambitions.

At the height of his public career, a string of murders plagued the city of Elturel, which most felt were unrelated and instead attributed to raised tensions caused by a recently imposed tax. Dorian, however, digged deeper- and found similarities between the killings, which had been missed in the initial investigation. Rather than a rise in crime, the city was dealing with a serial killer- or, as it turned out, a whole group of them. These wicked individuals sacrificed the living as part of profane rites, dedicated to the archdevil Mammon. They were hedonistic seekers of fortune in a city which strictly regulated the lives of its people. And so they were easily swayed by the cult leader, Chane Torben, who had slowly but surely recruited individuals who agreed with his insane beliefs. They would sacrifice people to the King of Greed, in hopes of gaining his favour and living sumptuous lives.

Dorian caught many members of the cult, uncharacteristically turning a blind to some petty crimes so that their perpetrators would provide him with clues to the cultists' identities. From actual members of Chane's cult, he obtained his information through more blunt means, often after many days of torturous interrogation. Eventually he managed to arrest Chane himself, during a daring chase through the streets of Elturel. The chase ended with the cult leader cornered in one of the abandoned warehouses used by the cult, several would-be sacrifices in the basement below. Knowing there was no way out, Chane set fire to the warehouse, giving his own life- and that of dozens of innocents- to Mammon. Yet he was thwarted- Dorian ran into the flaming building, liberating the innocents while dueling Chane throughout the warehouse. Eventually, Dorian walked out of the building, dropping an unconscious Chane at his feet before passing out himself. His investigation, and his actions that night, had led to the apprehension of the most dangerous serial killer Elturel had known in a long time.

But Dorian could not yet condemn the man to the gallows or the pyre. For many of Chane's heretics still wandered the streets, and only Chane knew where to find each cell of the cult. And so Dorian arranged to interrogate Chane, in a dark chamber in the Dungeon of the Inquisitor. But when Dorian found Chane there, tied securely to a wooden chair, he found the emaciated mass-murderer grinning maliciously. Dorian scarcely had time to close the door before the alarm rang- a riot had broken out in the prison, and while the guards were busy returning the escaped prisoners to their cells, Chane's faithful disrupted the interrogation. They quickly, calmly, surrounded Dorian, and drew their daggers. Armed with naught but a flaying knife, Dorian knew he could not survive- and threw the flaying knife at Chane, piercing the murderer's jugular with a well-aimed throw. Dorian died seconds later, staring into the hateful eyes of a still grinning Chane Torben...

RP Sample

The room was dark, illuminated only by the sputtering orange glow of a faint torch. Dorian closed the door behind him with a final nod to the guardsman standing watch outside. Then, he turned to the single occupant of the chamber. The man who had terrorized Elturel for months. The man Dorian had chased across the city. Chane Torben, leader of Mammon's Chalice, a cult of depraved madmen who had sold their souls to the King of Greed. Now, Chane sat there, tied to a sturdy wooden chair with a length of rope. Even now, Dorian felt the man looked dangerous. The weak light of the torch deepened the shadows over Chane's naked, emaciated body. Every scar, every pockmark was clearly visible. Chane had his head lowered when Dorian entered, giving the inquisitor a clear view of the murderer's short, curly hair, red by nature, glistening with sweat in the dim light. But it was in the moment Chane looked up, that Dorian saw the evil writ on his opponent's face. That malicious stare, that evil grin which seemed too wide by far, seemed almost demonic in the orange glow.

Bruises covered the murderer's body- some inflicted during their duel in the burning warehouse, others afterwards, after Chane had been taken into custody. Dorian grimaced- he did not approve of such needless violence, not even when perpetrated by the guard. But in this case, the inquisitor was willing to make an exception. Too many lives had been lost. This... This was the catharsis they all needed. The fact Chane simply sat there, unphased by his capture or treatment, sent a shiver down Dorian's back. In that moment, he could hardly consider Chane still human.

'Twenty-seven,' Dorian spoke, gauging the murderer's reaction. When there was none, he elaborated. 'Twenty-seven innocents, dead because of you. Killed, either by your blade, or by those acting in your name.' Dorian shook his head- the disgusting man simply kept grinning. 'What do you have to say for yourself?'

Dorian waited for a moment, then was about to cuff him on the head when the answer finally came. 'You only found the twenty-seven?' The despicable man, obviously treating this like some game, made Dorian's blood boil. The inquisitor knew not how Chane was able to get under his skin so easily, but the knowledge only fanned Dorian's hate.

'More, then.' Dorian nodded. 'Very well.' From below his coat, he drew a small, sharp knife, and held it up to the light. 'The more reason I have to punish you.' He leaned down, holding the knife up to Chane's face. 'You are a vile man, and I wish to be rid of you,' Dorian spat. It was true- the man was in custody, and Dorian would've very much liked to simply put the man on the stake and light the pyre himself. 'But you have information I need. Whereabouts, of the Chalice's remaining members. So,' he tried, grinning maliciously. 'How about you save me a lot of time, and I save you a lot of pain, by telling me what I need to know. Lest we're down here all night,' he added, meaningfully placing the tip of the flaying knife against Chane's sternum.

Even now, the madman simply laughed. If Dorian's opinion could've sank any lower, now would've been the time. 'Oh,' the murderer spoke, throwing his head back in his neck, as far as the ropes allowed for him to move. 'I don't plan on staying here long.' As if on cue, Dorian heard a bell ringing- the alarm was being sounded. With a curious frown he turned to glance at the door behind him. The ringing could only mean one thing- on the floor above him, a riot had broken out. Dorian was considering leaving Chane to go aid the guards in subduing the riot, when suddenly the door opened.

Seven individuals, wearing porcelain masks fashioned to resemble some horrific fiend- their dark master, no doubt. Dorian felt as if an icy hand gripped his heart, staring at the procession wordlessly, eyes wide. When he could finally speak, he could muster but one word. 'How?' he asked. This level of the dungeons of the inquisitor was supposed to be unbreachable. His question was answered with more mad cackling from the murderer behind him.

'Every man has his price,' the disciple of Mammon spoke. 'Even wardens of this fine prison.'

The seven surrounded Dorian, who stood his ground. The inquisitor chuckled mirthlessly at the banality of it. After all he'd done, all the pain he'd inflicted in pursuit of the cult, this was how he died. Preparing to defend himself, armed with naught but a flaying knife. He shook his head, not knowing what to say. This wasn't how it was supposed to end!

Dorian's thoughts were cut short when he felt the first dagger rake his back. His face contorted in an anguished snarl, the inquisitor lashed out with his knife, but he was too slow. The cultist had already stepped back, and now another stabbed at Dorian's back. The metal burned in the inquisitor's side as it dug into his flesh. To his credit, Dorian managed to slam the back of his head into the cultist's porcelain mask, cracking the stark white, demonic face. His breathing was rapid, not with exertion, but with fear. Fear welled up in the inquisitor, faced with the prospect of Chane escaping to continue the cult's profane agenda. In that moment, Dorian made a decision. He would die here this night. But he wouldn't let his work be undone.

With a grunt of pain, the inquisitor turned to face his next attacker. He pushed the oncoming dagger down, and what would've been a painful scrape at his shoulder instead became a deep stab in his gut. Doubling over, falling to his knees, Dorian was unable to even speak- and so were the cultists. They had planned on making the inquisitor's pain last- now that their entertainment seemed over, none knew how to proceed. In his final moments, Dorian made use of their momentary confusion. With what remained of his strength, he pushed himself forward. He couldn't fail- he wouldn't permit himself to fail. He forced himself to ignore the pain, ignore his own blood gushing onto the tile floor. The inquisitor brought up the flaying knife and, with deadly accuracy, jammed the blade into Chade's jugular.

Only now did the murderer's grin disappear, replaced by fear. With satisfaction, Dorian stared into the killer's eyes, his hand clutching the knife still embedded in the killer's neck. He barely felt the barrage of daggers as they were plunged into his back. Chane was dead. Dorian was vindicated. The atrocities he had commited hadn't been for naught. He could see them now, reflected in the eyes of the killer. Chane's victims, avenged. Dorian's own victims, justified. It hadn't been for nothing. Elturel's most vicious murderer was dead, and Dorian would die with him.

Or so he thought. As his vision was fading, the cultists finally managed to pull Dorian off Chane. He barely felt their fists and daggers on him anymore, but the inquisitor's heart froze when Chane's disciples cut him free. For one, terrifying moment, Dorian doubted whether the dagger had been fatal. With that final, horrifying uncertainty, the last dagger came down.

Me as a player
  • 1) What interested you in applying to this game?
    I like the darker atmosphere you described a lot! I've been looking for a campaign with more complex interactions between characters, and deeper personalities to the characters themselves, and I feel like your campaign wants to do exactly that.
  • 2) Are you happy to commit to a long-term play by post game?
    I certainly am! In the five years I've been a member of this website, and in over 20 campaigns I've played in during that time, I have never been the first to walk away from a campaign. As long as the game keeps going, I'm more than happy to keep contributing to the story!
  • 3) How familiar are you with the Descent to Avernus module? Have you ever played it before?
    I have joined a campaign using the module once. Unfortunately, it didn't get very far. I think we got recruited by the Flaming Fist, were sent on our first mission to meet with a contact, and then the DM had to drop out of the game due to real life events, before actually meeting the contact. Other than that, I've only heard the module mentioned superficially.
  • 4) What sort of things do you look for in a Play by Post game?
    A good mix of roleplay and combat! I find games which focus on one or the other tend to get rather boring. Regarding roleplay, I do appreciate the games with deeper, more complex character interactions better. Simply having a team who are there to perform a job, without ever really getting to know each other, can be fun too. But the games where you really get to know the other characters, explore your own character, and exist in a setting that's very well fleshed out is so much better!
  • 5) Conversely is there anything you don’t want to see in a Play by Post game or any hard no’s in terms of content?
    I think that, as long as we stick to the PG13 nature of this website, I'll be fine with it . I am fine with most darker stories, and I love horror tales of all kinds.

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Nov 25th, 2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 08:09 AM
Humble Tavernkeeper

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2203
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I think my app is complete. Jaina Ironflow