RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 21st, 2019, 09:22 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29268
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Four days to go...

No worries, Silk. Your app is back in WIP on the table.

To everyone: I plan to re-read every app after the deadline before I make selections, even if you tell me it hasn't changed. I just want them all more or less equally fresh in my mind. If an app is still incomplete, I'll judge it on the merits of what is there. So make any changes you want, even if I've marked you complete on the table.

Honestly... given the high quality and unexpectedly high number of apps, you guys aren't making this whole selection business very easy.

Last edited by ruffdove; Sep 21st, 2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old Sep 21st, 2019, 01:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 01:21 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23344
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Okay, the application is out of quarantine. I might go back and tidy up the description, but it's not that important. There were a lot of nipping and tucking but the only major change is her parents didn't disappear.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; Sep 22nd, 2019 at 01:23 AM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 09:57 AM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8269
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
I suppose mine is nearly complete. I just need to finish up the RP sample. I suppose I need to go back and re-watch some Deep Space 9 episodes for inspiration.

Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 10:13 AM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16347
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktur63 View Post
I suppose mine is nearly complete. I just need to finish up the RP sample. I suppose I need to go back and re-watch some Deep Space 9 episodes for inspiration.
Check out The Expanse.
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 02:01 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26814
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon
@Unko - I think I read the same thing as you a few years ago trying to write a homebrew non-binary race with four genders. I never finished writing that race up. It became too complicated lol
It's one of those things that I think is difficult because it's not familiar, but once we've put in the effort it comes as second-nature. (Which is maybe true of most things?...) But for those pronouns, specifically, I think they're some of the more common choices for non-binary pronouns, which is why I was trying to use them. I like Silk's use of Shi, Hir, and Hir's, because it's distinct enough to let the reader know that someone is nonbinary, but still more easily recognizable. Part of me likes the Xe/Xer/Xir because it evokes less feminine images than Shi/Hir/Hir's. Not that any of it matters for this app anymore! Haha.
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 02:11 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 07:48 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
I know its not my best work but it is done for now. I think it would be better if I was a bit more familiar with the setting. That comes with time...

Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 11:49 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
One last edit to the Description part of Aja's application.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Old Sep 25th, 2019, 12:51 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
Goodluck Everyone!!!

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Old Sep 25th, 2019, 05:31 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Yay! Good Luck!
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 06:05 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 374
mujie mujie mujie mujie
Name: Mike Aghoa
Race: Android
Class: Technomancer
Theme: Outlaw
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Home World: Glorian

Description: Looks like a normal human for the most part. Has a metallic arm. Brown, with long brown hair reaching shoulder length. Dark brown eyes. Medium height, pretty thin too. He prefers wearing black. He doesn't want to be seen. He prefers to stay in the shadows.

Background: Mike's creator taught him everything he knew. He taught him how to fight, and how to use technology and magic to his advantage. When he left his creator's house, Mike was naive. Innocent. He travelled around, and trusted the wrong people. He ended up enslaved to a group of humans. At first, he was fine. He thought this was just how the outside world was. But gradually he started to grow resentful and hateful towards his captors. The more people he was forced to kill... To hurt... And when he saw the books kept in their library: And when he learned how humans had treated androids in the past: He decided enough was enough. He raged at his captors, and killed them. Not really knowing about justice, he did nothing when the police showed up. But after months without trial, he couldn't stand it anymore. But he could do nothing. His technomancer powers were shackled. But Duravor Kreel saved him. He rescued him from the prison he was being kept in. He told him how the people Mike had killed were looked highly upon, and that the courts were going to execute Mike without trial. And they kept in touch. Mike may have been a fugitive, but Duravor still talked to him. Mike's best friend. Mike couldn't go back to his creator's home. He couldn't let him get in trouble. But one day, he would clear his name.

Roleplaying Sample: Mike was angry. So angry. Most of the time, he was bad at showing his emotions. Sometimes even Mike wondered if his emotions were real. But not today. He was told that he was doing good. Helping. All the people he killed: They were bad people. But they were all sad. They all seemed weak, pathetic. They didn't seem like bad people. But Mike was too trusting. And now. He had learned about human captors, how they treated androids as slaves. Maybe the people Mike killed weren't bad people. Maybe it was the very people he trusted...

And he left. He wasn't kept in a cage. They knew he would never leave. He had free reign around the house, but he was still a captive. When his "boss" saw him, she smiled. Mike didn't hesitate. He killed her. He killed her as his creator had trained him to do: Using technomancy. He killed her using all the tricks she had taught him. And he killed her with hatred in his heart, the first person he truly hated. And he went around the house, killing everyone in sight. But when he threw daggers to kill his last captor, it wasn't just his captor he killed. A young child, no more than 10. The dagger hit him right in the heart. The child fell to the floor, and Mike realised what he had done. He was cruel, ruthless. His "captors" had treated him well, and yet he had just killed them. Who even was he?

Presumably, someone called the police when they heard the screaming, and the entire time, Mike was sitting, crying over the dead child's body. And when the police came, all he could say was:

"I'm sorry", over and over again.

Last edited by mujie; Sep 25th, 2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 06:48 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks for the ap, mujie! I'm afraid you're in close to the deadline and I am unexpectedly busy with RL tonight, so I probably won't be able to give you feedback prior to selections.
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 374
mujie mujie mujie mujie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffdove View Post
Thanks for the ap, mujie! I'm afraid you're in close to the deadline and I am unexpectedly busy with RL tonight, so I probably won't be able to give you feedback prior to selections.
Yeah, sorry about that. I thought I had time, so I only rechecked the thread today, so it's a bit of a last-minute hastily-put-together app.
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
Good luck to everyone! Thanks to ruffdove for his time and running a game on these boards!