Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > the Wild Sheep Chase
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-24-2017, 08:38 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23268
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
PRE-GAME --> the Fattened Calf

Fattened Calf
--- some tavern music ---

left-aligned image
One door north of Welton's shrine stands the Fattened Calf. The inn is a three-story stone structure, crowned by a steep slate roof that bristles with many chimneys. A signboard juts out over the door, hanging from chains. It’s a ten-foot-long carved wooden scimitar emblazoned with the inn’s name in red paint on both sides. An inn yard with stables and outbuildings lies behind the building.
The Fattened Calf is welcoming and luxurious by the area’s rustic standards. Each room boasts a hearth, warm draperies and tapestries, and running water (provided by rooftop cisterns). Now run by the Irkell family from Welton, the inn has become a popular stopover for wayfarers in the valley. The topmost guest floor is given over to dormitories where travelers can “sleep sheap” in rooms shared with up to six guests, but the lower floors are divided into pleasant suites of guest rooms, each with its own garderobe. There’s also a dining room on the ground floor.

The Fattened Calf has one recurring problem: kitchen fires. The one-story kitchen annex at the back of the inn, currently out of commission, was initially built with poorly drawing chimneys. Right now, cooking is rudimentary and done out in the yard, on grills flanking the bread ovens; currently providing the best meals in town travelers can easily buy. The Fattened Calf is the polite social hub and neutral meeting ground of Welton.

right-aligned image
The proprietor of the Fattened Calf is Mary-Ann Fearyweather (female Illuskan human commoner). She is the fortyish matriarch of her family and a pleasant, sturdy woman. KaylessaMary-Ann's staff are uniformly attentive and good at their work.

"Welcome guest" Mary-Ann replied to each and everyone who walks into her Inn
"how may I help you???"

Last edited by chocoladevla; 01-24-2017 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6735
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Just sitting back, relaxing.
left-aligned image
Leaning an arm on the back of her chair, haired tied back, the honey eyed woman thought a moment, before ordering. "We'll all take an ale and what ever you in the kitchen that's still good." Turning to the scowling woman next to her, Asha'Ren Istilvahn shook her head and chuckled. "I swear Ayla, one of these days I'll get you to enter an inn without scowling at the other patrons. You know Leokas would agree with me, were he here? Where is he anyways. He said he'd be here soon." Lifting a brow at her uthgardt companion, she scanned the room for the missing cleric, but saw no one familiar. Deciding it was best to enjoy the lively music, Asha tapped her foot to the beat of the music. This was her favorite part of travelling. Her second part were her knew companions. Coming off of a recent job with them, it was nice to just relax and recooperate. That job had been a Tongue firmly in cheek. Hee.mess, to say the least.

Last edited by lydklein; 01-25-2017 at 01:40 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4296
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
right-aligned image

Walking into the inn with Asha Alya just can't help herself with the scowl she gives directed towards the other patrons. Sitting down next to the elf she turns away from the rest of the rabble and answers the question directed towards her.

""I swear Ayla, one of these days I'll get you to enter an inn without scowling at the other patrons.""

With slight smile she speaks. "It is only with the promise of death that makes life worth living. Today I have given them that life. For a split second when I walked though that door they did not know if death by way of my swords came calling for them." With a wink she continues. "Civillized folk are soft. Without that promise of death they will not have truly lived. Life is best lived out there, not in here." After a slight pause she continues. "Leokas might join us....only his god knows. But enough about that. I told you about my people, tell me about yours. I have heard great stories about the High Forest, are they true?"

OOC“It is only the promise of death that makes life worth living.”
― Robert E. Howard

Ayla's stats
Pre-battle: scowling at the other patrons
Move Action: Walking
Standard Action: sitting
Bonus Action:
Reaction Action:

Old 01-26-2017, 02:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6735
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
left-aligned image
Laughing at Ayla's description of "civilized" humans, she thanked Mary Ann when the proprietor brought their drinks. "I think you're right. They really are squishy aren't they?" Asha'ren asked while eyeing a particularly portly man across the room, who's fleshy jowls danced as he laughed at some unheard joke. When the her companion asked about her home a twinkle of mischief sparked in the fighter's eyes. "I don't know." She began coyly, " That depends on what you've heard." Teasing her new friend had become a new sport for Asha. Sipping at the newly arrived ale, she spared the ranger a bit of pity if only for the briefest of moments. "As I've said before, my village is a bit different than the others. For one, they allowed me my use of some magic. It isn't much, mind, but enough to put a pause in my enemies step long enought for my blade to skewer them. Otherwise, yes, we are like all the other elves of the High Forest. Seriously, though, what have you heard, friend?"

Last edited by lydklein; 01-26-2017 at 02:04 AM.