Game Thread Scene 3: the school grounds after school, Tues Sept 20, 2020, 3:07pm - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Monsterhearts - Stuck Outside the Magic Kingdom > Story Archive
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2019, 05:43 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6489
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Link Faust
right-aligned image
Becky's expression at his appearance causes Link to wipe at his face where to his annoyance he finds even more blood. His own blood. The fact those idiot baseball players got that out of him put him in an even darker mood. "Hey, I'm okay. It's nothing... just got to wash it off. They jumped me. Three of 'em... so I had to give a little back." Link gestures at the unconscious Rawley. "Had to do that to get 'em off me. He'll be fine, come to in a bit feeling a little sore." Link speaks with hollow confidence, this was just as bad as the other times he'd been expelled from other schools. In some ways it was worse. Whatever happened, he needed to hash this out with the uppity ball player before everything got out of control. At least Becky still jumped into his arms, despite his appearance. That felt good enough to give her an appreciate squeeze.

Link was about to send his girl away, planning to wait for Rawley to come to alone so they could have a man-to-man when two women come tearing in to replace the two boys who went tearing out and made his gigantic mess even worse. Link scowls at Mara who just waltzed in and demanded an explanation from for why Rawley was laid out. The explanation was painted red all over his face. She even had the temerity to insist he leave, probably for his own good like she a f**king clue. Ella was there too for some reason, only to disappear without a word to him. Yet ANOTHER loose end he needed to tie up to make sure he could stay a student here. Augh!

"Fine, we were leaving anyway." Link tells Mara. He peels off his shirt in order to wipe off the blood with the inside then don it again, revealing a number of fresh bruises. "But you tell Rawley that him and I need to have a nice civil chat, before he does something really stupid. It's in his own best interests that he lets sleeping dogs lie. You tell him that Mara, word for word. You want your explanation, I'll be at bowling alley tonight."

Link grabs Becky by the hand and guides her out of the pool. He was pretty sure he had a fresh shirt in his car and he could barely wait to get out of here. "Let's get out of here, where you want to go babe?" Link asks Becky, loosening his grip as they emerge from the old pool in case she wanted to hide their relationship.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:07 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12601
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
right-aligned image

Where did what's his name go to? She looked around as the Baseball players went running off and she didn't see him. She guessed that the situation was just a bit too tense for that guy, but she wasn't sure. Oh well it wasn't like anyone would really notice that he was gone. As she realized that she almost started to think about her own situation, or more accurately her own death. Suddenly she's breathing heavily and panting. It's like the world is caving in on her and she's going to die, or is that die again.

She can't breathe at all she has no lungs that's why. She's nothing at all just a ghost in this world and no one cares. She falls to her knees right there still panting and a foot slips through the ground as all she can think of is how she died. All she can think of is her death and the trauma of it all. She screams and shivers a little as she breaks down right in front of everyone who's left.

OOC:Annabelle has just gained the condition: Traumatized
Old 03-21-2019, 11:36 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Aurora
right-aligned image
After the baseball players left, Aurora turned their insult over in her mind. Slut. Had anyone called her that before? Not in recent memory - which was the only memory she had. As she picked at the blank spaces in her mind, she heard a scream. She turned to see Annabelle on her knees in the yard, crying. Aurora remembered the brief romance she had shared with Annabelle. Even though the other girl had clearly felt it more deeply than Aurora had, the memories of their time together were still pleasant. Aurora walked back towards the school until she was standing next to the crying girl.

Aurora put a hand on Annabelle's shoulder. "Don't cry," she said, not really knowing what else to say. Annabelle's shirt felt soft, the body underneath somewhat cold. Similar to the way Aurora often felt cold. Aurora tried to remember why the two of them were no longer "a couple". Then she tried to remember why they had become a couple in the first place. It was all very hazy. She gave Annabelle's shoulder a squeeze. "We're going to go study, right? You like to study." The words were awkward and dumb, but Aurora only felt embarrassed for a moment, and then the feeling slipped away like all her other feelings.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:47 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18455
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Becky looks briefly thankful as someone else takes responsibility for Rawley. She gives Mara a feeble fleeting smile, and a quiet "thanks," before returning to her own problems, and Link's.

She gives him another chaste embrace and says, "You need to go. If anyone else sees you..." before she cuts herself off. Lots of people are seeing them, right now. Annabelle she could trust, but Annabelle seems to have her own problems right now. Mara is not likely to rat anyone out to The Authorities. But these weird girls are another matter. Ella always seems so pliable. She could say anything. And Aurora has plenty of reason to point a finger at Becky, with all the rumors about their little triad flying around. To make their relationship impossible, to have Link all to herself.

Becky looks at Link. "We shouldn't be seen together. I'm going to go, call me later, so I can be sure you're OK. Make sure they aren't going to feed you to the wolves." She looks around the room at all the women gathered, indicating who she means. She keeps pulling more and more girls around him. Who can she trust? Is Link one of them? She snatches up her backpack, gives Link a peck on the cheek, and dashes out of the pool annex.

On her way out, she pauses by Annabelle. "Anna? Are you OK? Do you want to come with me? I'm leaving, this is all too much for one day. We can go talk about it somewhere, if you want. Or is Sam going to make sure you're fine?" Sam is noncommittal. "Who me?" He says. "Uh. Sure? I can say with her. I just thought we were just going to study. I didn't want to get caught up in any big thing. But I mean, yeah, I can help. I guess? Sure."

Whether or not Annabelle leaves with Becky, Becky is not dawdling. She keeps moving away from the scene of violence and blood. But on her way out, she makes it a point to brush past Aurora as closely as she can. With a whispered hiss, she snarls, "Stay away from him from now on, slut."
Old 03-23-2019, 05:23 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Aurora puts a hand on her shoulder and she calms down a little bit. Nodding at the idea of studying and helping others in their studies. It’s not quite enough to end her traumatized affliction, but it’s enough to get her up and moving. Becky passes by and helps as well, though her dislike of Aurora makes things more difficult.

Once Becky is gone she moves to Aurora and attempts to give her a small
Dice Turnon:
2d6-1 (6, 4)-1 Total = 9
kiss on the cheek. Surprisingly it is tender despite Annabelle’s can’t cool skin. In deed her nerdy glasses and outfit press close and certainly heat the situation up and the memory of the kiss lingers at the corner of Aurora’s lips. The nerdy girl finishes the kiss and seems a whole lot better now. She adds softly, ”We had something briefly, maybe we could start again?”

Last edited by Ysolde; 03-23-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:40 AM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Aurora
left-aligned image
"Stay away from him from now on, slut."

The unexpected barb hooked Aurora's attention, almost pulling her to watch Becky leave. The words didn't hurt, but they did cause a stir of sorts in the haze that clouded Aurora's emotions. I should say something back, Aurora thought to herself. Shouldn't I? I should be mean too. What should I say? But by the time Aurora made it to this thought, Becky was already gone. Aurora shrugged. "Oh well," she said to no one in particular.

As she turned back around, Aurora almost ran into Annabelle's kiss. The unexpected contact shocked her so that she barely moved. The kiss was tender, followed by a whisper.

"We had something briefly, maybe we could start again?"

Now Aurora felt something for real. She thought about her time with Annabelle. It had been pleasant - probably more so for Annabelle than for Aurora, but still nice. Then Aurora remembered the party, and Sam. That had been something else entirely - exciting yet terrifying. Was that something new? Would it happen with Annabelle now, even though it hadn't before? Aurora trembled - possibly sending a different message to Annabelle than what was actually going on. "I..." Aurora stammered quietly. "I think I'm dangerous."

Aurora turned her eyes away from Annabelle's, looking at who was still left in the abandoned pool room. "We're still studying, right?" she asks, to everyone or maybe to no one.

Last edited by timplausible; 03-25-2019 at 09:50 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:27 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Link Faust
right-aligned image
Link looks blatantly unhappy as Becky parts ways from him. For all that he'd just gone through a great deal of pain and rage and violence he was still a guy, a guy who was this close to getting some and watching it fall apart. He'd been in plenty of fights, the sport he played was practically fighting so sporting a few extra bruises or getting a cut was more commonplace. It was easier to swallow. His hookup was walking away and all because those morons thought he was gay. Link was this close to snarling out loud and just so tempted to let the beast loose, he had to remind himself that he could lose everything.

Then he heard the scream, Annabelle's scream? Link spares a glance for Mara and Ella still in the pool proper he jogs outside to investigate. By the time he gets there the only thing that's going on is a kiss on the cheek. "Everyone doin' okay here? Thought I heard something." He asks, the resentment of recent events still thick in his voice.

Link looks about for other gawkers and bystanders, he really should take Becky's advice and get the heck out of Dodge pronto. He needed to cool off. He needed for Seamus to have some good stuff at the bowling alley. "Maybe I'll catch you guys at the bowling alley later. If you're still coming." He answers Aurora's sort of question to him and everyone. He wasn't in a good mindset to study.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:54 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11282
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Ella Day - The Lawn
right-aligned image

Ella's confusion grew as things continued to move. She was ready to lead whoever to her house, as much as it was hers, but people continued to move. She noticed that Link gave her a complicated look after he spoke to Mara, but it was a small thing that she forgot in just a moment. As Link and Becky began to leave the scene, Annabelle suddenly began to cry as she looked at the fallen Rawley.

The studious girl drew words of comfort from Aurora quickly, which surprised Ella. The dead girl never seemed like the sympathetic sort. Then Becky moved to Annabelle as well, which quickly bloomed to some level of flirtation. The Hollow felt her confusion growing - Link and Annabelle were both interested in Becky, Aurora now had a reputation as a slut and connection to Link.

Link threw a resentful look to Annabelle, though that was an emotion that Ella coud understand, and she internally grabbed at that feeling in an effort to ground herself. She slowly pieced together what was going on, then waved at Link with a friendly smile. Then she turned to the potential study ground and spoke softly, "We should get going, right? My house isn't too far. Just a couple blocks away. Mr. and Mrs. Dunn shouldn't be home for a few more hours too, so we can use the dining room. So, let's go, whoever is coming. " Ella glanced at everyone, unsure who would follow, but she wasn't really picky, so she began walking with the expectation that those who wanted to study would follow.

When they arrived at the Dunn house, Ella spoke in a happy voice, "It's a pretty house, isn't it? Not special by itself, but the Dunn's are lovely people." The house itself was a very normal pink suburban home, with green grass and two young pine trees in the yard. Ella unlocked the door and raised her voice as she yelled out, "I'm home! I brought some friends over to study!" When no answer came, she smiled and looked towards the others, "Yeah, they're probably still at work. Let's go to the dining room and I'll bring out some drinks." As she moved through the entryway, she looked at the pictures on the wall as she always did. There were no pictures of Ella, of course, but she liked seeing the smiles on the faces of Carl and Olivia Dunn. The smile of the late Ophelia was a bit more painful for The Hollow, but she knew that she could never forget her failure and used those strange emotions to push herself onward.

Ella smiled and put her bag on the table and gestured for everyone to sit, and she moved smoothly toward the kitchen. The Hollow was quiet as she grabbed a few things, as she tried to strain her ears to listen to any conversation that might start. She returned after a few minutes with a tray of cups, a two liter of coke and sprite, a brita pitcher of water and a large bag of chips. She smiled happily to everyone and spoke in a lively voice, "Dig in. Oh... did anyone have anything in particular that they needed to study?"
Mara Silas - Cleaning the Mess at the Pool
left-aligned image

Mara Silas shook her head as she listened to the ringing on her phone and watched everyone depart and leave her alone with Rawley. He was unconscious and clearly hurt, though she couldn't find anything that suggested an emergency. So she was just calling Mark Savage, one of her volunteering friends, who happened to be a Med student. It was a quick conversation, one that she stressed should be kept quiet. His advice was simple, and he stressed that if there was any sign of a concussion that she would need to deal with the hospital.

She hung up the phone and pocketed it, then sat next to Rawley until he woke up. When he did, the big hearted girl met him with a small smile, "Good morning. How are you feeling?"

Rawley jumped in terror when he heard the voice, but the fear faded slightly as he realized who was speaking. He sat up and hugged his knees slightly, still shaking as he looked at Mara, "Mara. We need to get out of here! Link is crazy, oh god!"

Mara watched him, doing her best to look into his eyes to see if there was anything that suggested head trauma. His memory seemed to be fine. He knew who he was and where he was, though she could some bruising at his throat. She moved a little closer and put her hand on his knee, "Everyone knows Link is crazy. You remember what happened to Randall. But it's alright. He's not here, it's just us two. How's your head? Are you dizzy or nauseous?"

As Mara spoke in a calm and kind tone, Rawley seemed to be able to fight his fear a bit. He nodded vaguely as he looked at her, "My head hurts a bit, but it's just a headache." The baseball player still seemed a bit dazed, despite his insistence that he was okay and he continued to speak hesitantly, "Where's everyone else? Did he hurt them too?"

The young girl shook her head as she leaned back a bit, still watching Rawley as she spoke up, "No, everyone else is fine. You seem fine too. Just so you know, Link doesn't like to hurt people either. He said he wanted to talk to you, so you don't do anything stupid. That it's in your best interests to let sleeping dogs lie. Bastard wanted it word for word, but that's essentially it. If you're up to it tonight, you can come with me to the bowling alley, where there'll be a lot of people around. If not, then another time."

Rawley jumped again at that as he looked around instinctively, "No... n..no. Not tonight. I don't really want to see that freak again. But... but later." the young man was obviously shaken.

Mara nodded and smiled again, patting the boy's shoulder, "I won't force you. You get home and rest up, okay. And if you do feel sick to your stomach, go to urgent care. But you seem like you're mostly okay. Oh... and I heard the other players say they want to teach Link a lesson. If he's as crazy as you say, you should probably talk to them." With that, Mara stood up and offered her hand to help Rawley up as well. And she walked him out of the pool area, as she considered where she should go.
Ella Day - The Bowling Alley
right-aligned image

After a study session, which was kept decently organized by Annabelle, Ella found herself heading to the bowling alley with them. She wasn't sure what she'd do there. Her real goal was to talk a bit to Link about the Chemistry teacher and breaking and entering. She was vaguely curious how he would respond to that idea.

Walking through the door was like walking into a whole new world for Ella. The smell of waxed floors, the loud crashes of falling pins and the bright neon lights were almost mesmerizing. So much that she forgot about Mara, who she had been wondering about. The girl said she'd catch up, but she didn't show up during the study session. Ella took a couple seconds to regain her bearings before she turned to the others, "Should we bowl, or are we just sitting at the diner?"

As she waited for answers or ideas, she heard someone call her name from behind. Right after the Hollow forgot about Mara, the girl had arrived. Ella smiled at her friend as Mara spoke in a teasing tone, "You guys must not have studied too hard if you beat me here, even though I ditched." Ella giggled lightly, though she didn't answer back. She just looked at the others, still waiting for their ideas.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:35 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
The Lawn
Aurora had somehow helped, not entirely, but it was enough for now. Link came by to check up on her too and that was nice. he was actually her friend or at least his checking up showed that he wanted to be. Another good thing in her book. Aurora said, ”I think I’m dangerous.” Right after than and all she could think was that it wasn’t much of a problem for her since she could literally walk through walls and people. She took Aurora’s hand and said, “I don’t mind dangerous. I do mind smoking though so don’t start that okay?” She gave her a smile.

”We’re still studying right.” She nodded and said, ”Yeah let’s go do that.”

The Bowling Alley
right-aligned image

She was happy with the study session out of the way. Her friends would be more knowledgeable, homework was done, and tests were prepared for. She was better at this than most of the teachers by now and she understood how her friends learned better than any of them. Now, with that behind them they were at Galatic Bowling. It was retro 90’s dark inside with constellations of stars on the walls and different planets on the walls. Ella asked about what they should do and Annabelle shrugged, ”Bowl I guess. I’m not that good at it, but hey we’re here right?”

Last edited by Ysolde; 03-27-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:13 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
Link Faust - Transition Scene
right-aligned image
Once everything seems alright with Annabelle, and from what he overhears things were better than alright. If her and Aurora were all hot on each other what the heck was the screaming about? Sometimes man, sometimes chicks are from a different planet or something. With a wave to the small group including the emerging Ella he takes off per Becky's suggestion to get some distance from the scene of the fight. There was a thought that he should try to corner Ella and get a promise out of her not to rat him out, but he wasn't sure this was the time. A sort of prudence versus survival sort of thing and prudence won out.

Link returns Ella's wave then heads out, keeping his head down as much as he could. He gets into his car and drives, just drives, taking random turns about town as his thoughts about what the hell just went down tumble over themselves again and again in a futile and unproductive way. Eventually he pulls into a plaza with a grocery store and parks in the back of the lot, plenty of space between himself and the next closest vehicle. He pulls out a cigarette and lights up, wishing like hell it was pot. Hopefully Seamus could take care of that tonight at no charge.

It'd probably been enough time so he gives Becky a call like she asked. "Hey, it's me... yeah no one else I don't think, got outta there quick like you said... I'm fine, the bleeding stopped. Doesn't really hurt, still need to go home and clean up though... No, I told Seamus I was going to meet him at the bowling alley... No a bunch of us... Yeah Aurora... I told you nothings going on, I want you babe. Bad... yeah, you know it... yeah, heh-heh... so when you think we're gonna make that ha-... don't you worry, I'll find somewhere new."

Feeling a little better thanks to a nicotine fix and the phone call, Link stamps out his cigarette and heads back to his crappy apartment to get a shower and change so he can go bowling without dried blood all over himself.

Last edited by Shylocke; 04-01-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:13 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
Aurora at the abandoned pool
right-aligned image
Aurora was still casting her gaze about in a daze when Annabelle took her hand. Like the kiss, it caught Aurora off guard and turned her attention squarely to Annabelle. “I don’t mind dangerous,” Annabelle said, followed by some other words that didn’t fully register. Aurora looked at Annabelle’s smiling face. As if emerging from a dark lake, the memory that Annabelle was also dead, in her own way, came into Aurora’s head. She had almost forgotten that fact for a while. But now Aurora remembered that it was this fact that connected the two of them in a way that Aurora couldn’t connect with anyone else. Aurora remembered their brief time as a couple. It had ended mostly because of the clash between Annabelle’s passion and Aurora’s muted feelings. But it hadn’t been unpleasant. Well, maybe the ending had been unpleasant, but mostly unpleasant for Annabelle. Aurora had felt the pain only weakly, and even then, was more fascinated by that feeling than upset by it. So maybe trying it again wasn’t such a big deal? Aurora returned Annabelle’s smile.

As the smile formed on Aurora’s face, her internal equilibrium returned. Once again, she felt her usual, comfortable distance from her emotions. However, her renewed calm seemed to come with a cost - or more specifically, a need. The hole inside her where fully-realized emotions were supposed to be called out to be filled. Aurora’s smile faded again, and she looked around the room for something to fill the hole. Her eyes eventually settled on a baseball cap lying on the floor. It might have been Rawley’s, or it might have belonged to one of the other boys. Aurora looked at Rawley and Mara. Mara was on the phone now, and Rawley seemed to be focused on Mara. Seeing an opportunity, Aurora let go of Annabelle’s hand, slipped over to the hat, and picked it up. She crumpled it up as best she could, and then she held it at her side, so that her body shielded it from Mara’s and Rawley’s view. She didn’t make any attempts to hide the theft from Ella or Annabelle, however. After the girls had moved outside and begun walking to Ella’s house, Aurora put the had on her head. It was loose, but she didn’t adjust it. She just let it droop.

Aurora at the study sessionAt the study session, there were three dead girls in the house: Aurora, Annabelle, and Ophelia. The presence of the third dead girl, while not physical like the other two, hung like thick smoke everywhere in the house. It seeped into Aurora’s pores and made it difficult for her to concentrate on anything else. The juxtaposition of all the smiling family photos with the tragedy of the current situation was fascinating. Aurora wondered how the parents felt. Then she wondered, possibly for the first time in recent memory, if her parents felt that way. What were her parents even like? Aurora couldn’t remember. So she tucked these thoughts away.

By the time they left the house, Aurora had picked up three things to take with her. One was a magnet of a school picture of Ophelia. Aurora had plucked that one off the fridge and stuck it in her pocket. The second item was a pen that had been resting on an end table beside the couch. This wasn’t the usual, disposable kind of pen like the ones she stole at school. This was a substantial writing instrument. The kind of pen people paid real money for. Aurora liked the way it felt in her hand. Lastly, she took a book.

It was an odd book - elaborate, but small. She had found it on a bookshelf in the living room. It didn't fit in with the others, and something about it drew her to it. The book stood out among the others, making it probably not a good thing to steal. Too easily missed. But the hunger inside her gnawed. This was too interesting. She pulled it off the shelf. Not to steal it, of course. Just to look. She pulled it out slowly, listening to the way it's cover rubbed against the books on either side. She was about to open it, when she heard someone came walking in the upstairs hallway. Instinctively, Aurora shoved the book in her bag. Then she quietly darted into around the corner to the bathroom.

It was only after the girls were halfway to the bowling alley, when the conversation lulled and her mind started to wander, that Aurora realized she had never put the book back. She looked at her bag. The idea of what it held was at once dangerous and exhilarating. What's done is done, she told herself. She'd figure out a way to return it somehow. Probably. Unless it never really became a problem. In then maybe it would go nice on the bookshelf in her bus.

But first, she needed to read it. She wanted to take it out now, but that would be a nightmare. No. Wait until the bowling alley. She's find a way to read it there. She could hardly wait.

Last edited by timplausible; 04-02-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:49 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
The Dunn houseThe study session involves plenty of studying. That doesn't leave a lot of room for drama, but that's something of a relief after the day most of the girls have had.

Aurora, being Aurora, can't keep her hands off anything. A magnet and a pen go into her bag as easy as she used to take air into her lungs. But the book is something else. It catches her eye as an artifact of Ophelia's life. It is bound like an old book, and clasps like an antique. The first page has Ophelia's name written in it. It was clearly something of value to the child whose presence now haunts the house.

Once she returns to the bookshelf, Aurora can't resist. She pockets the book, and soon enough she goes on her way before the meet-up at the bowling alley. Its only when she's alone that Aurora realizes what she has.

It is a diary - Ophelia's diary.

If Aurora had a heart to break, it would. It contains all the pain and joy and trials and triumphs of a teen girl at KHS. It talks about fights with friends, and inside jokes that are impossible to parse. It complains about tests, and about parents. The usual. But slowly, it falls into deeper and deeper into darkness. How miserable she was. How cruel the boys at school are. How she wishes she was different. If only she had beautiful wide eyes. If only she had long flowing hair. If only she was smaller, skinnier. If only she came from somewhere interesting, instead of horrible Florida. If only the boys wanted her to go to homecoming. If only she could tell her story on the news. If only she was a better daughter. If only someone understood her. If only she didn't have to feel the pain, if only she didn't have to feel....

This intensely private book was apparently found by the Dunns and put in a place of honor in their home. The last heartfelt words of their only child. They saw it every day, and knew its contents. It's gone, and they would surely notice it. Hard to know how they'll react, and who they'll blame. The question Aurora can't help wonder about is: does Ella know about this book?
Old 03-29-2019, 08:50 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
end scene

(I will close this thread once Tim makes any edits he thinks his last post needs, consistent with my last post - please save responses to that post for the next scene)