Notices

Old 12-08-2019, 03:33 PM
High Flying Dragon!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Feilong
Seeking a 5e game!

Hey! Thank you for clicking on this post! I'm Feilong, it's nice to meet you!

I've been having a craving to play a certain character. A former noble lady and cleric, dedicated to her god, but severed from her divine connection by a curse that turned her powers dark and disgraced her name.

As you can see, this is rather vague. I've done this on purpose to ensure my character could fit in to virtually any setting. She'd be a Hexblade Warlock, since I feel it's the best representation of the powers of a Cleric being corrupted by some sort of outside force.

I'd very much like a more RP focused game, if that's possible! A tabletop system should supplement storytelling rather than replace it, after all~!

Interested? Feel free to reply below~! I don't bite~.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 299
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
I don't think I'd be a great fit as a DM for you, but I'm in a similar boat of looking for a 5e game with a specific character concept that I had in mind... Specifically, I wanted to play a character using Matthew Mercer's Lingering Soul class -- basically, a ghost, and more specifically, a wraith.

I kind of felt like it might be able to tie into your concept of a curse, with said ghost being bound to your character as a part of said curse -- or as a side effect of it. If you're up for it, we can team up and see if we can't track down a DM interested in running a more character driven campaign with 2 or 3 players. If not, no worries! I'll just run off and keep looking, but I wanted to make the offer nonetheless.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:13 PM
High Flying Dragon!

Tools
User Statistics
Feilong

That sounds like a great idea! In fact, I already have an idea for how we could play them off each other. Part of the curse that failed to come about was implanting a personality on top of hers, but she managed to keep her own through whatever miracle (I'll leave that up to the DM) and only be mildly affected. What I was thinking was that your character would be that rejected personality given its own form and desires. What do you think~?
Old 12-09-2019, 12:03 AM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 299
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
Maaaybeeeee~ I did have a personality in mind, but it was mostly a chaotic, manic sort of personality rather than something outright grimdark or something.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:55 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 199
Homebrewster Homebrewster
Hey Feilong!

Try going through the Games Seeking Players section. There's plenty games there which might be a place for a char like that.

Good luck out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feilong View Post
Hey! Thank you for clicking on this post! I'm Feilong, it's nice to meet you!

I've been having a craving to play a certain character. A former noble lady and cleric, dedicated to her god, but severed from her divine connection by a curse that turned her powers dark and disgraced her name.

As you can see, this is rather vague. I've done this on purpose to ensure my character could fit in to virtually any setting. She'd be a Hexblade Warlock, since I feel it's the best representation of the powers of a Cleric being corrupted by some sort of outside force.

I'd very much like a more RP focused game, if that's possible! A tabletop system should supplement storytelling rather than replace it, after all~!

Interested? Feel free to reply below~! I don't bite~.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:26 PM
High Flying Dragon!

Tools
User Statistics
Feilong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechaniacal View Post
Maaaybeeeee~ I did have a personality in mind, but it was mostly a chaotic, manic sort of personality rather than something outright grimdark or something.
Ahhh, I see, I see. We can hash out the details, though I see no issue with the personality being manic rather than grimdark. Hell, my own character's personality turned towards chaotic.

Perhaps your character's personality did have some sort of effect on her, after all . We'll see what works, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewster View Post
Hey Feilong!

Try going through the Games Seeking Players section. There's plenty games there which might be a place for a char like that.

Good luck out there!
Thanks, friend! I'll be on the lookout~!
Old 12-13-2019, 04:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1440
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Hi

I'm dming a game and It can fit for the ghost AND the Vampire ... ... its a homebrew world/game, and if you need some homebrew rule for your application just send them to me i'll check it and see if it suit me

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=190794

I'll lost some player but the rest arrive a place you can enter the game with many pieces of information that I can give you

do an application ( even if it is said application close and we will see if it is good for the game